What's your opinion about Dirk? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
I voted for McCain!!

What's your opinion about Dirk?

What happend with this guy. MVP candidate that just changed over night in my opinion.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 01:54 PM
Lifer

No Balls!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 01:56 PM
Lifer

He doesn't realize how good he is. Lack of confidence in this series, and doesn't drive to the hoop enough.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 02:05 PM
Time Served

needs a heart transplant

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyte92stang
Jane Fonda ranks up there with Bin Laden in my book...

Reply by Seafarer12
OMFG you not still hung up on nam are you?
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 02:05 PM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by robrayLX
Lack of confidence
nuff said
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 02:07 PM
yes, jluv

I think he's great, but he doesn't need to be the Mavs' main go-to guy. Maybe Howard will really step it up next season. Someone needs to step up (or the Mavs need to acquire someone) that can be the real leader, and let Dirk do his thing with a little less pressure. Heck, maybe he would get a little pissed about being the #2 guy, and play harder (more consistently) to prove himself. It certainly couldn't hurt. Who and how is the real question.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 02:09 PM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv
I think he's great, but he doesn't need to be the Mavs' main go-to guy. Maybe Howard will really step it up next season. Someone needs to step up (or the Mavs need to acquire someone) that can be the real leader, and let Dirk do his thing with a little less pressure. Heck, maybe he would get a little pissed about being the #2 guy, and play harder (more consistently) to prove himself. It certainly couldn't hurt. Who and how is the real question.
Ya, look what it did with Damier and Diop. BOTH stepped up as if competing for the spot.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 02:17 PM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Ya, look what it did with Damier and Diop. BOTH stepped up as if competing for the spot.
Exactly. It's just going to be very difficult to bring in the right guy in the right position to be the leader. I think a superstar guard is the answer. Terry will have to go, and then some, to get a valuable asset in return. I think Harris shows a lot of promise, so I'd like to see him stay. They have Dirk and Josh at forward, so it needs to be a guard, UNLESS they can get a powerful scoring center like Shaq or Yao Ming (dreaming, of course).
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 02:24 PM
Lifer

I think he feels he needs to be fed the ball to play "his" game. He needs a bit more breathing room to make his shot. It seems he has a comfort zone that he likes. He doesn't seem to like to be crowded, hence why he loves to shoot that fadeaway jumper all the time instead of trying to make contact for the foul.

I used to think he didn't like to post up because he gets hammered to hard and can't power through for the And One.

He's a team player that needs his team mates to score and open up the floor when he draws defenders. When they don't convert those, it hurts Dallas and makes them rely on him. So you get a vicious cycle of the team relying on him and he needs them to do their job. At least for this last series.

Regular season did look different. Different players at different times would take things and make some key plays themselves.... Howard holding the fort down, Terry hitting clutch shots, Buckner D'ing up, Stack scoring, etc.

It seemed they lost it towards the end of the season.

'94 SVT Cobra

'66 GT Fastback
* Mid-Restoration
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 02:32 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv
Exactly. It's just going to be very difficult to bring in the right guy in the right position to be the leader. I think a superstar guard is the answer. Terry will have to go, and then some, to get a valuable asset in return. I think Harris shows a lot of promise, so I'd like to see him stay. They have Dirk and Josh at forward, so it needs to be a guard, UNLESS they can get a powerful scoring center like Shaq or Yao Ming (dreaming, of course).
I think Terry and Harris need to either go or just step up. Terry is a shooter but they ran point through him more then they should. _I_ think his still too young and doesn't play Smart. He does those pull up jumper that are 5' off the ground when no ones in a position for a rebound or a followup. It would work if he made it, but he misses. He's fast but gets in foul trouble early trying to take those charges. Both need to pass better!

'94 SVT Cobra

'66 GT Fastback
* Mid-Restoration
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 02:35 PM
Vikings are next!

Dirk sucked ass yesterday...but He's still ok in my book..

02 GT
X-pipe and flows

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 03:01 PM
Gunga galunga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock
I think Terry and Harris need to either go or just step up. Terry is a shooter but they ran point through him more then they should. _I_ think his still too young and doesn't play Smart. He does those pull up jumper that are 5' off the ground when no ones in a position for a rebound or a followup. It would work if he made it, but he misses. He's fast but gets in foul trouble early trying to take those charges. Both need to pass better!
I wouldn't call terry young, 7 or 8 years pro now...

Harris is young, but he has a good head on his shoulders and just needs more seasoning. I like how he draws offensive fouls and will get to the basket...

"Apres moi le deluge"

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 03:32 PM
Lifer

Overrated, under pressure it's the same old same old! Nice guy though.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 04:51 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesford
I wouldn't call terry young, 7 or 8 years pro now...

Harris is young, but he has a good head on his shoulders and just needs more seasoning. I like how he draws offensive fouls and will get to the basket...
Actually, Harris is who I was talking about on the young part after the Terry comment. I stopped in the middle of writing that out while at work...I picked up and didn't put all of my thought down.

'94 SVT Cobra

'66 GT Fastback
* Mid-Restoration
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 05:01 PM
Time Served

I think as long as he's their # 1 guy, they won't win the big one. He will be better fit as their # 2. I also think he's overrated.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-05-2007, 04:28 PM
Time Served

overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyte92stang
Jane Fonda ranks up there with Bin Laden in my book...

Reply by Seafarer12
OMFG you not still hung up on nam are you?
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Time Served

Hell we don't know. His dog may have died, maybe he found out his significant was cheating on him, maybe some of those things that put us off of our game can happen to superstars too. Maybe he just had a bad week.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Texan

KG is a free agent next year....

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-05-2007, 06:10 PM
The Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordboy91
Hell we don't know. His dog may have died, maybe he found out his significant was cheating on him, maybe some of those things that put us off of our game can happen to superstars too. Maybe he just had a bad week.
second time in two years he has choked up in critical post-season play...
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-06-2007, 12:22 AM
Time Served

Well, it can't be disputed that he didn't bring his "A" game, he's still a great player. He wasn't the only one that showed up. Devin Harris can't carry the team to a title. Terry and Howard could have produced a bit more in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
Meh...I dunno why she likes it. It's like she put it on a pedestal because it is the gravy of life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement