Everyone is blaming the Mavs, but- - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Everyone is blaming the Mavs, but-

Give Golden State some credit - they earned every bit of it! They played this series with the hearts of champions.

Tip of the hat to Baron Davis, that was a Playoffs performance for the ages.

The whole team had absolutely incredible shooting from the perimeter and a game in the paint that may be the best this side of Shaq. All with guys 6'8" and under! And a defense that left the Mavericks stunned - Dirk was having a hard time finding a guy that he could SEE, much less make a pass to.

A lot of people (me included) are disappointed with the Mavs first round exit. Be glad Dallas got two victories in because that could very easily have been a sweep..

If GS can keep up the pace, they will find themselves in the Conference Finals at the least.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 11:29 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird
Give Golden State some credit - they earned every bit of it! They played this series with the hearts of champions.

The whole team had absolutely incredible shooting from the perimeter and a game in the paint that may be the best this side of Shaq. All with guys 6'8" and under! And a defense that left the Mavericks stunned - Dirk was having a hard time finding a guy that he could SEE, much less make a pass to.

A lot of people (me included) are disappointed with the Mavs first round exit. Be glad Dallas got two victories in because that could very easily have been a sweep..

If GS can keep up the pace, they will find themselves in the Conference Finals at the least.

GS will go out in the next round, to whoever wins the Houston/Utah series. Watch and see. They aren't a playoff caliber team, and won't make it far. They'd have gone out in the first rouns had they played anyone other than Dallas.
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
GS will go out in the next round, to whoever wins the Houston/Utah series.
I heard you'd be smoking some serious shit!

Slow down with that stuff before you kill yourself with it...

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 11:35 AM
Lifer

Quote:

To an extent I agree too. They played hard EVERY game...they apparently worked harder to get what they wanted. They did what they needed to by defending against Dallas and adjusting to the Mavs offense. There were some INCREDIBLE shots made by damn near everyone of their impact players.

It shows what some hustle and heart can do for any team.

Anyone wanna buy some un-usable Dallas Mavericks Finals Tickets???

'94 SVT Cobra

'66 GT Fastback
* Mid-Restoration
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 11:37 AM
Time Served

Quote:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! Thats some funny shit right there! WTF, he threw up how many off-balance 3's that shouldn't have gone in? I mean seriously, I agree that we were outplayed and that their D was better, but some of those shots that went in were just ridiculous.
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 11:38 AM
Gunga galunga

Quote:
GS will go out in the next round, to whoever wins the Houston/Utah series. Watch and see. They aren't a playoff caliber team, and won't make it far. They'd have gone out in the first rouns had they played anyone other than Dallas.
I also heard people say that before the first round...

"Apres moi le deluge"

post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 11:39 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGED
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! Thats some funny shit right there! WTF, he threw up how many off-balance 3's that shouldn't have gone in? I mean seriously, I agree that we were outplayed and that their D was better, but some of those shots that went in were just ridiculous.

I say 40% of the shots they took, they had no business taking and every last god damn one of them went in.

Yeah, we were outplayed. The Mavs showed no fucking heart at all. Bad attitudes, no hustle, etc. But GS still sucks, and won't go far.
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
How many of Jordan's shots were off-balance? How many 3s was Larry Bird get forced to take because of someone in his face?

Who gives a FUCK if he was off balance? They went in!
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 11:44 AM
4 Cams are better than 1

GS looked like they wanted it more....But I think it will be Spurs vs GS in the
W-finals
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Custom Title

At least the Mav's set two records this season.

The Mavs became the first No. 1 seed in NBA history to lose to a No. 8 in a best-of-7 series.

They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 11:48 AM
Time Served

Quote:
How many of Jordan's shots were off-balance? How many 3s was Larry Bird get forced to take because of someone in his face?

Who gives a FUCK if he was off balance? They went in!
I bet it wasn't anywhere near the percentage of Davis' and the rest of that team in this round. I am gauranteeing that those fuck face golden state bitches go out in the next round. Shooting like that will not last long for those fuckers
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 11:49 AM
Out

Shut the fuck up.
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 11:49 AM
Gunga galunga

I keep going back and looking at the stats... Their 3 point precentage isn't unreasonable... They take a lot, but they have good perimeter shooting to back it up.

"Apres moi le deluge"

post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

I'm not handing him the title, I'm saying "that was a Playoffs performance for the ages."

Our Mavs got their fucking asses yanked off, shit on, kicked, burned, shredded, and shoved back down their throats. Sorry if you can't accept it.
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 11:58 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I bet it wasn't anywhere near the percentage of Davis' and the rest of that team in this round. I am gauranteeing that those fuck face golden state bitches go out in the next round. Shooting like that will not last long for those fuckers
Offbalanced, lucky, bad defending, conspiracy, rigged, whatever it was...they were points that counted. Ultimately it's those points that win the game regardless of it's "quality."

Shooting like that wasn't supposed to last the GS vs Mavs series either. It did. Waiting for the statistical percentages to come into your favor isn't going to win games. Making the fucking basket does.

If they make it, they're good as gold. If they dont....they go home. It was Dallas' job to make them go home empty handed.

'94 SVT Cobra

'66 GT Fastback
* Mid-Restoration
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 12:02 PM
Time Served

I would rather see them win it all. Then at least people will give them credit for being a good team and not just a freaking 8 seed. We will see, but I think they have the ability to make to the West. Conf Finals and if they play the Suns...that would be a great series.

93 LX Blown 306

post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 12:04 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock
Offbalanced, lucky, bad defending, conspiracy, rigged, whatever it was...they were points that counted. Ultimately it's those points that win the game regardless of it's "quality."

Shooting like that wasn't supposed to last the GS vs Mavs series either. It did. Waiting for the statistical percentages to come into your favor isn't going to win games. Making the fucking basket does.

If they make it, they're good as gold. If they dont....they go home. It was Dallas' job to make them go home empty handed.
I'm not saying that they don't deserve to go on, the did beat us fair and square, but saying that it was a great performance? I dunno, I don't think so. Their defense was pretty damn good, especially when Dirk got the ball, and defense is what wins games so...
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
I'm not saying that they don't deserve to go on, the did beat us fair and square, but saying that it was a great performance? I dunno, I don't think so. Their defense was pretty damn good, especially when Dirk got the ball, and defense is what wins games so...
They beat a 67-win team, the #1 seed in the toughest conference, in CONVINCING fashion. There is NO question those guys can play ball. You're cracking me up that you can't give them any credit at all. Every team in the Playoffs should be dreading matching up against them.
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 12:09 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
They beat a 67-win team, the #1 seed in the toughest conference, in CONVINCING fashion. There is NO question those guys can play ball. You're cracking me up that you can't give them any credit at all. Every team in the Playoffs should be dreading matching up against them.

Yes, they did. However, I think their beating the #1 seed isn't any indication of their talent. We beat ourselves, plain and simple. Out of 6 games, we played ONE solid quarter of Mavericks basketball. You just can't expect to win when you don't play your game.
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 12:11 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I think it was a GREAT performance on their part. I also think it was a FUCKING DUMPY-ASSED, NOT PLAYING THE WAY THEY SHOULD performance by the Mavericks that made this series such a frustrating YEAR end for them and the Fans alike.

Factor in all the things big and small and that's where you find Dallas. Just sitting on their asses at home during the dance while the eventual NBA champs get to go fuck the prom queen.

This is all entertainment as a whole. My life moves on as we speak. We have next year!

'94 SVT Cobra

'66 GT Fastback
* Mid-Restoration
post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 12:16 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Not giving them any credit at all? Can you not read? Yeah they played pretty good defense. Nelly knows exactly what he's doing with that part of their game. As for their offense, I just wasn't really impressed for some reason. Too many lame shots that fell for them IMO. I know they can shoot, but seriously it just seemed a little circus-like at times. Every team has those moments and theirs took the Mavs down. Also, Dirk only showed up for what? Half a game? I dunno, Mavs sucked the cock this series and as such are sitting at home for the rest of these playoffs.
post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 12:24 PM
CEO of......

the mavs beat themselves?? oh stop being a homer, they got their dicks knocked in the dirt for 3 1/2 games! The only game they lost that they "should've" won was game 4, the four turnovers in a row game.
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 12:29 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
oh stop being a homer, they got their dicks knocked in the dirt for 3 1/2 games! The only game they lost that they "should've" won was game 4, the four turnovers in a row game.

Oh go fuck yourself. Yeah, they beat themselves. That tends to happen when you suddenly forget to play defense, forget to drive the paint, forget to get inside and draw the fouls, etc. You know... The shit that they did all god damn year that lead them to 67 wins. Had they played Mavs ball, they would have won them all. But they didn't, and they deserve what they got. GS just happened to be there to capitalize on their fuck ups. I still say GS is not as good as anyone makes them out to be. Did they even break .500 for the season?
post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
I still say GS is not as good as anyone makes them out to be. Did they even break .500 for the season?
Yes they did.

In fact, it was one of the last regular-season games that Dallas could have knocked GS out of the Playoffs if they could beat the Warriors. But they didn't play them hard and lost the game - setting up a #1/#8 matchup from hell. I knew right then the Mavs were in trouble (there is a post here somewhere that I said I had a bad feeling about the series).
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 12:37 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Oh go fuck yourself. Yeah, they beat themselves. That tends to happen when you suddenly forget to play defense, forget to drive the paint, forget to get inside and draw the fouls, etc. You know... The shit that they did all god damn year that lead them to 67 wins. Had they played Mavs ball, they would have won them all. But they didn't, and they deserve what they got. GS just happened to be there to capitalize on their fuck ups. I still say GS is not as good as anyone makes them out to be. Did they even break .500 for the season?

you have to remember, Jackson was not their for half the season and Davis was out the majority with an injury. Those two alone give them a big boost and yes, two players CAN make a difference. GS just had their number ALL SEASON LONG, plain and simple. Golden State was to the Mavs like Tech was to Aggy this basketball season.

Plus, GS was in playoff mode the last 12 games of the year while the mavs were in cruise control and it showed. It wasn't just Dirk that didn't come to play, Howard and Terry didn't do much good either.

So, give the credit and quit using the "mavs beat themselves" bullshit.
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
So, give the credit and quit using the "mavs beat themselves" bullshit.
Exactly. The Mavs stunk it up in all phases of the game for basically 48mins each night. The only time they were ahead is when GS fell off THEIR game.

Losing by 25 points in an ELIMINATION game is just unacceptable if you're a high-caliber team. I mean, really.
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 01:34 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn

I don't think the Warriors could care less if they make it past the next round. This was their finals.

post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 01:40 PM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
I don't think the Warriors could care less if they make it past the next round. This was their finals.
Right. And as for last night, I don't think there was a team out there that could beat them.
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 01:51 PM
Gunga galunga

You know nellie was laughing his ass off after handing that to Cuban...

"Apres moi le deluge"

post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 01:54 PM
2-7 and still a fan!

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesford
You know nellie was laughing his ass off after handing that to Cuban...
We'll see how long he laughs after Cuban gets done dragging his ass through the courts system...'H'

Quote:
Originally Posted by centexchick View Post
I fuck, have sex, make love. If I break out the heels and leather...then a fucking it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz View Post
Cupping the bawls always helps with the sensation, Good rule of thumb is to tell the gal to rub the balls any chance/angle she gets.
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 02:12 PM
yes, jluv

The Mavs played crappy the whole series, yes. BUT, GS deserves a lot of credit for what they did. Not just scoring points and playing defense, but their coaching, their fans, the way they got inside the Mavs' heads, etc. All of that made them a very tough, almost scary opponent. You can bet your ass the other teams in the West are concerned about a matchup with them. And they played hard. Really hard. As much as I can't stand Jackson and Davis, it's intense watching a team play that wants it so badly. Good for them. Mavs in '08!
post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED32V
We'll see how long he laughs after Cuban gets done dragging his ass through the courts system...'H'
I have a feeling this win is worth more than $6M to Nellie.

post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 02:34 PM

I feel like I've been going out with a pretty lady for awhile and now I'm single again with nothing to do.

Murph

1992 Taurus Half-Breed
whining alternator pulley

Domestic with an Import heart.
post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 02:46 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Where are all the homer Mav fans at claiming it was the refs or some nba conspiracy? Since when did you guys get all sensible in your fanaticism? You're making it real hard for me to gloat when you're acting all mature and smart about this. Accepting it and shit. Damn it. Way to steal my thunder. Curse you all and your logical accepting way of thinking. *sets the salt down*
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 02:48 PM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph Tang
I feel like I've been going out with a pretty lady for awhile and now I'm single again with nothing to do.
No shit! The worst part of them losing like that is the fact that I have followed their season so closely. I probably only missed 3-4 games this year. All of that for nothing. It's like a long-term investment that doesn't pay off. Oh well, I'll do it all over again next season, I'm sure.
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 02:50 PM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
Where are all the homer Mav fans at claiming it was the refs or some nba conspiracy? Since when did you guys get all sensible in your fanaticism? You're making it real hard for me to gloat when you're acting all mature and smart about this. Accepting it and shit. Damn it. Way to steal my thunder. Curse you all and your logical accepting way of thinking. *sets the salt down*

They got whipped. Refs still suck, but even a bunch of home-cookin' in their favor wouldn't have changed much.
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 03:07 PM
2-7 and still a fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv
They got whipped. Refs still suck, but even a bunch of home-cookin' in their favor wouldn't have changed much.
True-True, I also believed the refs still sucked but theres a difference in getting beat and loosing because of some bullshit calls...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
I have a feeling this win is worth more than $6M to Nellie.
I don't give a fuck who you are 6 million is 6 million and I doubt Nellie is a multi-billionaire like Cuban..."H'
post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 03:10 PM
Gunga galunga

people get too caught up with officiating... Bad calls are made equally on both sides of the ball.

GS had the 2nd highest Avg PPG this season, right behind the suns... If they had Jackson for the whole season and davis and richardson had stayed healthy they probally would be the top scoring team in the league

"Apres moi le deluge"

post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED32V
True-True, I also believed the refs still sucked but theres a difference in getting beat and loosing because of some bullshit calls...

I don't give a fuck who you are 6 million is 6 million and I doubt Nellie is a multi-billionaire like Cuban..."H'
I really doubt Nellie is struggling, considering the house in Hawaii and such. I can guarantee, the look on Cuban's face after Game 6 was worth more to Nellie.

post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 03:31 PM
Lifer

My hats off to them, I hope they go all the way. All they did is show people the truth! Under pressure the Mavs will fold, same old song and dance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement