Avery's Future - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 11:52 PM Thread Starter
Token Union Member

Avery's Future

I'm a spurs fan to the end and even though Avery is coaching Dallas I am still a big fan of his. My question is how much blame should be put on Avery for the mavs choking and do yall think Mark Cuban would be stupid enough to fire him. After all he was coach of the year and led them to a franchise year even if they did lose. I sure would hate for him to lose his job, but even if it came to that I am sure another team would pick him up in no time. So who thinks Cuban is dumb enough to fire one of the best coaches to coach the Mavs.

TRAIN TRASH it's like WHITE TRASH but with money.

My other vehicle is a Locomotive.

Don't cupple up without protection.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 11:54 PM
Gunga galunga

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreightTrain
I'm a spurs fan to the end and even though Avery is coaching Dallas I am still a big fan of his. My question is how much blame should be put on Avery for the mavs choking and do yall think Mark Cuban would be stupid enough to fire him. After all he was coach of the year and led them to a franchise year even if they did lose. I sure would hate for him to lose his job, but even if it came to that I am sure another team would pick him up in no time. So who thinks Cuban is dumb enough to fire one of the best coaches to coach the Mavs.
Avery has nothing to worry about, Nelly is having his fun with Cuban at the moment...

You know, after all the shit between those two, I kinda feel happy for Nellie in a wierd way

"Apres moi le deluge"

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 11:56 PM
Time Served

I doubt he will get fired.... Now I wonder what Cuban is thinking about the choker... Dirk and yes I am a MFFL... I just hate when someone goes on the court without heart...

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 11:58 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Avery isn't going anywhere because of this or last year. You don't go 143-39 while getting your team to the NBA Finals and get fired. He's only had a little over 2 years with the team. Jeez.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 12:10 AM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Avery isn't going anywhere because of this or last year. You don't go 143-39 while getting your team to the NBA Finals and get fired. He's only had a little over 2 years with the team. Jeez.

Beat me to it. Best team record during regular season and he's gonna get fired?

Doesn't make any sense to me.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
Token Union Member

Well I'm just saying when you lose like this someone has to take the fall for it. Who knows maybe Cuban will step up to the plate and take the fall as the owner and sell the team. One thing about this year during the playoffs when ever they showed him on TV he just didn't seem into it. Although you really can't be too into the game when your team is getting beat night after night after an awesome season.

TRAIN TRASH it's like WHITE TRASH but with money.

My other vehicle is a Locomotive.

Don't cupple up without protection.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 12:20 AM
VTEC not VTECH

averys' got nothing to worry about.

-Viet

2000 CIVIC Si FBP Parting out (04/16/06)
1997 CIVIC DX hatch VMS B18c1 SOLD
1988 Mustang GT SOLD
2001 Kawasaki ZX6-R Lowered and Straped SOLD
1989 CR-X BY B16a SOLD
1999 CIVIC DX DAP hatch B18c1 STOLEN
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 12:21 AM
Time Served

I think Avery made a huge mistake to start the series going away from his normal lineup to match Nellie's small ball. I really think that set the tone and ripped the heart out of the Mavericks right out of the gate. That said I don't think he is going anywhere and he is still one of the best coaches out there in only his second full year. I think most of the blame has to rest on Dirk's shoulders. His performance tonight was disgusting. The entire night he had that "deer in the headlights look". They better find someone other than Harris who can score in the paint.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 06:55 AM
Ide fuck her in the ass..

avery isnt the one people should be worrying about, dirk on the other hand im not so sure...

WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 07:42 AM
Time Served

we went up against the team taht had the best record against us in the last 9 times we have played them ( besides the plyoffs) we have only one 1 of those games. we wont loose dirk due to the points he provided in alot of the reg. season games 30+ points a game?

96 1500 2wd SLT Laramie Regular cab short bed 5.9L

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 09:35 AM
SVT God

Avery should take most of the blame for this playoff scenario and first round disgrace. The mother fuckin warriors had to go 9-1 in their final 10 games to even make the playoffs as an 8 seed.

In our second to last game we had a chance to try and knock the Warriors out of the playoffs, but stubborn Avery benched our starters for that game knowing damn well we were 1-6 in our last 7 games against them. Then in our last game he played all the starters.

Its Avery fault that we lost. The warriors shouldn't have even been in the playoffs.

2010 Chevy Equinox
1998 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 - RC 3" lift, 31" Duratracs
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 10:16 AM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly
I think the Mav's got a raw deal in the first round...mainly because GS is not an 8 seed...they are better than that. The trade they made during the season made their team extremely better....which their record since the trade would indicate. The other side of the coin is that the Mavs are not the best team in the NBA (obviously) and played above their heads all season. The teams actual level of play does not reflect the seeds they got in the play-offs. That being said, no matter what seed the Mav's ended up with, or GS, the Mav's were not going to advance out of the Western Conference, and might not have even made it to the Finals this year, so it really is a moot point.

I disagree. I'm basing this on what I heard and what I saw in the playoffs as I didn't watch any regular season basketball. It wasn't so much as the Mav's not being that great, as it was matchup problems. GS won't play nearly as well against say, Phoenix. At the same time, I do think the Mavs were a bit over-rated, I just don't think the first round exit is indicative of their potential/rating.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 10:27 AM
Sports weenie @ full attn

It's not Avery's fault that Dork, Jet, and others didn't step up in crunch time. Sure, there were things Avery could have done a little different, but don't put all the blame on him. Keep in mind this is his SECOND full year as a head coach and Nellie has 30 years under his belt.

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 10:57 AM
SVT God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
I disagree. I'm basing this on what I heard and what I saw in the playoffs as I didn't watch any regular season basketball. It wasn't so much as the Mav's not being that great, as it was matchup problems. GS won't play nearly as well against say, Phoenix. At the same time, I do think the Mavs were a bit over-rated, I just don't think the first round exit is indicative of their potential/rating.
I am with you, I honestly think it was a major matchup problem. I think the Mavs would have beaten any other team. I also believe GS could easily lose in the next round. We will see.

2010 Chevy Equinox
1998 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 - RC 3" lift, 31" Duratracs
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 01:43 PM
The Janitor

avery wasnt the one making 30% field goals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement