mavs getting exactly what they deserved - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 150
mavs getting exactly what they deserved

Well, I would have to say that the season is all over for the Dallas Mavericks...having the best record means nothing when you can't beat the #8 seed, who you have not been able to beat all year...

Maybe next year Dallas should come in as the #7 seed...who knows?

Maybe they will not be back at all...

They get a game plan that begins to work and then they go away from it...It also appears that they have forgotten how to shoot the ball too

Nonetheless, they are getting exactly what they deserved playing scrub ball like that

It is a beautiful thing to hear an American V8 thunder down the 1320.

Previous and Current Rides:
1967 Ford Mustang Coupe
1972 Ford F100 390FE SWB
03svtsnakevert is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 11:07 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
They are getting what they deserve cause they are overrated.
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #3 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
They are getting what they deserve cause they are overrated.
over rated or not, they are playing like crap

and I guess winning 67 games means you get lucky or something...either way, they are getting their asses kicked

It is a beautiful thing to hear an American V8 thunder down the 1320.

Previous and Current Rides:
1967 Ford Mustang Coupe
1972 Ford F100 390FE SWB
03svtsnakevert is offline  
 
post #4 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 11:08 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Hell I think the clippers would play better then this shit.
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #5 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
Hell I think the clippers would play better then this shit.
I think if GS was playing anyone else, they would be swept in 4

It is a beautiful thing to hear an American V8 thunder down the 1320.

Previous and Current Rides:
1967 Ford Mustang Coupe
1972 Ford F100 390FE SWB
03svtsnakevert is offline  
post #6 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 11:09 PM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
They are getting what they deserve cause they are overrated.
ok which team is the best team then? suns? spurs? warriors? the problem is every team is good vs one type of team and bad vs another. for whatever reason it seems to be the warrior for the mavs.
Cartman is offline  
post #7 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 11:10 PM
Robert Galarga
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,255
Angry


2004 pontiac gtslow
Stephen is offline  
post #8 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 11:11 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
ok which team is the best team then? suns? spurs? warriors? the problem is every team is good vs one type of team and bad vs another. for whatever reason it seems to be the warrior for the mavs.
But winning 67 games you should figure something out of 3 by now. If the mavs are the best team and has the MVP and the coach of the year they should be up in the series.
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #9 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
ok which team is the best team then? suns? spurs? warriors? the problem is every team is good vs one type of team and bad vs another. for whatever reason it seems to be the warrior for the mavs.
that is what I am saying...Don Nelson knows how to beat the MAVS...but that is it...next round he will be as dumbfounded as usual...if they win the series...however, I don't believe Dallas can win in GS

It is a beautiful thing to hear an American V8 thunder down the 1320.

Previous and Current Rides:
1967 Ford Mustang Coupe
1972 Ford F100 390FE SWB
03svtsnakevert is offline  
post #10 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
But winning 67 games you should figure something out of 3 by now. If the mavs are the best team and has the MVP and the coach of the year they should be up in the series.
See, this all goes back to the last regular season game that they played against GS, when they benched all the starters...they should have had their asses out their figuring this bunch out

It is a beautiful thing to hear an American V8 thunder down the 1320.

Previous and Current Rides:
1967 Ford Mustang Coupe
1972 Ford F100 390FE SWB
03svtsnakevert is offline  
post #11 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 150
Chicago Bulls FTW!!

It is a beautiful thing to hear an American V8 thunder down the 1320.

Previous and Current Rides:
1967 Ford Mustang Coupe
1972 Ford F100 390FE SWB
03svtsnakevert is offline  
post #12 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 11:13 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Denton, TX Home of the Mean Green
Posts: 1,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03svtsnakevert
Well, I would have to say that the season is all over for the Dallas Mavericks...having the best record means nothing when you can't beat the #8 seed, who you have not been able to beat all year...

Maybe next year Dallas should come in as the #7 seed...who knows?

Maybe they will not be back at all...

They get a game plan that begins to work and then they go away from it...It also appears that they have forgotten how to shoot the ball too

Nonetheless, they are getting exactly what they deserved playing scrub ball like that

Golden State is better than an 8 seed. Richardson and Baron Davis missied more than half the season, combined, with injuries. Add that with Steven Jackson's arrival around the trade deadline and you have a very talented team.
Don't let the Mavs "overratedness" fool you. Golden State is a helluva team and proved it with the best winning percentage the last 25 games of the year. They won't be one & dones, I promise you. They throttled the Suns at the end of the year, too.
They've impressed me so far, without a doubt.

2007 SRT8-Grand Cherokee
2008 Cadillac Escalade
Got5onIt is offline  
post #13 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got5onIt
Golden State is better than an 8 seed. Richardson and Baron Davis missied more than half the season, combined, with injuries. Add that with Steven Jackson's arrival around the trade deadline and you have a very talented team.
Don't let the Mavs "overratedness" fool you. Golden State is a helluva team and proved it with the best winning percentage the last 25 games of the year. They won't be one & dones, I promise you. They throttled the Suns at the end of the year, too.
They've impressed me so far, without a doubt.
well, we will just have to see...I believe that they will beat Dallas...They have no answer for them and Avery needs to get his head out of his arse, along with the other Mavs and figure this out...throwing up shots that don't even hit the backboard...WTF was that!!

It is a beautiful thing to hear an American V8 thunder down the 1320.

Previous and Current Rides:
1967 Ford Mustang Coupe
1972 Ford F100 390FE SWB
03svtsnakevert is offline  
post #14 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 11:15 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got5onIt
Golden State is better than an 8 seed. Richardson and Baron Davis missied more than half the season, combined, with injuries. Add that with Steven Jackson's arrival around the trade deadline and you have a very talented team.
Don't let the Mavs "overratedness" fool you. Golden State is a helluva team and proved it with the best winning percentage the last 25 games of the year. They won't be one & dones, I promise you. They throttled the Suns at the end of the year, too.
They've impressed me so far, without a doubt.
But the mavs are the best team around. They won 67 games. They should beat this team cause they are the best. LMAO.
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #15 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
But the mavs are the best team around. They won 67 games. They should beat this team cause they are the best. LMAO.
Should and are is two different things here...I believe that GS just matches up better against Dallas than anyone else does...

oh well, maybe we can get rid of some players and try this again...or maybe just start throwing 30 three point attempts...hell, ya gotta hit a few of them

It is a beautiful thing to hear an American V8 thunder down the 1320.

Previous and Current Rides:
1967 Ford Mustang Coupe
1972 Ford F100 390FE SWB
03svtsnakevert is offline  
post #16 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 11:19 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Denton, TX Home of the Mean Green
Posts: 1,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
But the mavs are the best team around. They won 67 games. They should beat this team cause they are the best. LMAO.
It's over for Dallas, no doubt in my mind. In my earlier post I was just trying to say it's more than the DFW area thinking "Nelly has Dallas' number". The Warriors have a LOT of talent and have BAron Davis leading the way. I hate saying it, but he's put in a Jordan-like performance this series. Unreal & mind boggling, to say the least. Like I stated in another post, he hasn't looked this good since his early days in Charlotte.

2007 SRT8-Grand Cherokee
2008 Cadillac Escalade
Got5onIt is offline  
post #17 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 11:21 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got5onIt
It's over for Dallas, no doubt in my mind. In my earlier post I was just trying to say it's more than the DFW area thinking "Nelly has Dallas' number". The Warriors have a LOT of talent and have BAron Davis leading the way. I hate saying it, but he's put in a Jordan-like performance this series. Unreal & mind boggling, to say the least. Like I stated in another post, he hasn't looked this good since his early days in Charlotte.
You mean "Mind bottling" right? J/k Saw blades of glory this weekend.
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #18 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 11:26 PM
Old School
 
TRAXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 4,684
Wachout! People are falling off the bandwagon! Lets find the next team thats cool to root for!

Kids, it comes down to the fact that the Warriors are HOT. They won something like 10 of 12 to close the season. That and they seem to match up well against the Mavs. I had a bad feeling when I saw the pairing. Looks like it was more than a feeling.

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
TRAXX is offline  
post #19 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 11:28 PM
Token Union Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: texas
Posts: 2,912
It's too bad as a spurs' fan that I won't get to see the spurs play dallas and revenge that horrible job the ref's did in last years series. Although when I think about dallas losing in the first round to the 8th seed I can't help but laugh and think how bitter sweet this is.

TRAIN TRASH it's like WHITE TRASH but with money.

My other vehicle is a Locomotive.

Don't cupple up without protection.
FreightTrain is offline  
post #20 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 11:31 PM
Gunga galunga
 
jakesford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pimpin the West Side!! (Benbrook)
Posts: 7,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got5onIt
Golden State is better than an 8 seed. Richardson and Baron Davis missied more than half the season, combined, with injuries. Add that with Steven Jackson's arrival around the trade deadline and you have a very talented team.
Don't let the Mavs "overratedness" fool you. Golden State is a helluva team and proved it with the best winning percentage the last 25 games of the year. They won't be one & dones, I promise you. They throttled the Suns at the end of the year, too.
They've impressed me so far, without a doubt.
About to post the same thing... Everyone is talking about the mavs but GS's record doesn't reflect their team what so ever. They are fast, almost to the point of being reckless, and can read the passing lanes very well. THERE IS NOT A TEAM THAT COULD SWEEP GS AT THEIR CURRENT LEVEL. I take back my comments on them lacking depth, they have really surprised me how well they have been able to maintain pressure on both ends.

Since i know someone will mention it...
Dirk is frustrated with the constant double and triple teams, he doesn't get many decent "looks" let alone open shots. When you're not taken many shots two things happen; 1. you don't score many points 2. you struggle to find a rhythm. I'm actually surprised that dirk has maintained his composure as well as he has. I will stick with my opinion that I've had since mid-season - Dirk does not deserve MVP, he is one hell of a player, but not the most valuable... Several others would fall on my list before Dirk including Nash...

"Apres moi le deluge"


jakesford is offline  
post #21 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 11:32 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAXX
Wachout! People are falling off the bandwagon! Lets find the next team thats cool to root for!

Kids, it comes down to the fact that the Warriors are HOT. They won something like 10 of 12 to close the season. That and they seem to match up well against the Mavs. I had a bad feeling when I saw the pairing. Looks like it was more than a feeling.
I got off the bandwagon when they choke last championship. How can you cheer for a team in that position and lose it and then do this shit here. The mavs fucking suck.
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #22 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 11:34 PM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreightTrain
It's too bad as a spurs' fan that I won't get to see the spurs play dallas and revenge that horrible job the ref's did in last years series. Although when I think about dallas losing in the first round to the 8th seed I can't help but laugh and think how bitter sweet this is.
you mean giggle, cause now your spurs only have to worry about the suns, since the mavs would have destroyed SA again.
Cartman is offline  
post #23 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 12:03 AM
Old School
 
TRAXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 4,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
I got off the bandwagon when they choke last championship. How can you cheer for a team in that position and lose it and then do this shit here. The mavs fucking suck.

Well at least youre honest about being one. Im a fan through thick and thin. In my eyes, thats a true fan.

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
TRAXX is offline  
post #24 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 12:11 AM
Keep jocking
 
JMAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Tejas
Posts: 9,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03svtsnakevert
that is what I am saying...Don Nelson knows how to beat the MAVS...but that is it...next round he will be as dumbfounded as usual...if they win the series...however, I don't believe Dallas can win in GS
Nelson isn't making any shots, the players are kicking our ass. Dirk and Howard need to get there heads outta there ass and play.
JMAC is offline  
post #25 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 04:10 AM
MFFL!
 
mustang_marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Carrollton
Posts: 15,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreightTrain
It's too bad as a spurs' fan that I won't get to see the spurs play dallas and revenge that horrible job the ref's did in last years series. Although when I think about dallas losing in the first round to the 8th seed I can't help but laugh and think how bitter sweet this is.
Doh!

Well, at least I think more of your team. I've got $$ on the Spurs beating the Suns in the 2nd round.
mustang_marc is offline  
post #26 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 04:13 AM
MFFL!
 
mustang_marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Carrollton
Posts: 15,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesford
Since i know someone will mention it...
Dirk is frustrated with the constant double and triple teams, he doesn't get many decent "looks" let alone open shots. When you're not taken many shots two things happen; 1. you don't score many points 2. you struggle to find a rhythm. I'm actually surprised that dirk has maintained his composure as well as he has.
Where's David Hasselhoff when you need him?
mustang_marc is offline  
post #27 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 08:22 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Garland tx, usa
Posts: 5,884
I heard come Wednesday Mavs are flying down to Miami having a BBQ party with the Heats

See Dirk last night? pathetic!

One thing that got me was why Avery didn't play the card, throw few games to the Clippers...

"...no matter how good you are...you aint jack unless you get off your fat ass and do some work..."
tphan is offline  
post #28 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 09:00 AM
I'm not Lucky, I'm Good
 
SouthernSVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Day-dreaming
Posts: 3,600
lmao.....bandwagon fans

All of you jumping off the Mavs wagon cause they are slumping might as well stay off when we start kicking ass again (even if it isn't until next season). Is it that hard to have a little loyalty for your home team when they are not playing at the championship calliber that they were most of the season. Sure it sucks that we had to play this way at the worst possible time, but we will be a great team again. Unluckily all those that suddenly turned against the Mavs at thier low point will be allowed to jump right back on and start cheering for us again when we are back to our usual ways, even though you don't deserve half a credit as a fan. All of course except Badass2000gt who thinks the Mavs (and most other good teams) are overrated . Too bad it actually appears that way at the moment, but you don't become the #1 seed being overrated, everyone slumps we just slumped at the wrong damn time. At least we get to see who the fake fans are.

05 Dodge Ram 4x4
06 Yamaha R6

Never outrun your guardian angel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Have someone fuck you in the ass and another take your bike. See which one you hate more.
SouthernSVT is offline  
post #29 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 09:05 AM
I voted for McCain!!
 
Somewhere in Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Balls Deep
Posts: 3,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAXX
Well at least youre honest about being one. Im a fan through thick and thin. In my eyes, thats a true fan.
I agree with you. It's funny how the Mavs lose a few games and everyone starts bashing. Well move on to the next winning team of the week.

GO MAVS!!!!!!

Somewhere in Time is offline  
post #30 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 09:17 AM
not exclude
 
exlude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,838
Man, at first I wanted the Mavs to lose just to shut up all the loud, proud Mavs fans. But fuck, now I want them to win just to shut up the even more annoying Mavs haters.
exlude is offline  
post #31 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 09:33 AM
4 Cams are better than 1
 
Juiced4V's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 5,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
Man, at first I wanted the Mavs to lose just to shut up all the loud, proud Mavs fans. But fuck, now I want them to win just to shut up the even more annoying Mavs haters.

Dude...I'm not a Mavs fan but even I'm pulling for them in this round...I HATE Cali teams!
Juiced4V is offline  
post #32 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 09:43 AM
I'm not Lucky, I'm Good
 
SouthernSVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Day-dreaming
Posts: 3,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly
The worst part about the Mav's going out in the first round isn't the ragging we fans will have to hear for the next year...it isn't becoming the answer to the trivia question "what #1 seed was the first to lose to a #8 seen since the 7 game format started?", it isn't STILL not having a major sports championship in this town this decade.....

it is the fact that we will only have baseball, or lack there of in the Rangers case.
God why, why are the Rangers our last hope?

I'm allready starting to get used to the wagon-jumpers runnin thier mouth like they know anything about running a pro basketball team. Its too common these days for people to hate on the team who was supposed to be the best when they lose a few, like they went out thier and beat em or sumthin . Mavs were the #1 seed, so all the non-Mavs fans were just itching for them to stumble so they could yell about how much they suck. Don't believe me, who in here hatin on the Mavs likes the Yankees or Patriots? Nobody, cause they were the best.

05 Dodge Ram 4x4
06 Yamaha R6

Never outrun your guardian angel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Have someone fuck you in the ass and another take your bike. See which one you hate more.
SouthernSVT is offline  
post #33 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 09:58 AM
Gunga galunga
 
jakesford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pimpin the West Side!! (Benbrook)
Posts: 7,544
There will always be bandwagon fans, I've been watching them since the Kidd days and those were some rough times in there LOL... It's heartbreaking to see them perform like they have for the past two post seasons but oh well, shit happens!

BTW its not over... the Suns pulled out a first round win last year after being down 1-3

"Apres moi le deluge"


jakesford is offline  
post #34 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 10:03 AM
Lifer
 
46Tbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 33,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSVT
lmao.....bandwagon fans

All of you jumping off the Mavs wagon cause they are slumping might as well stay off when we start kicking ass again (even if it isn't until next season). Is it that hard to have a little loyalty for your home team when they are not playing at the championship calliber that they were most of the season. Sure it sucks that we had to play this way at the worst possible time, but we will be a great team again. Unluckily all those that suddenly turned against the Mavs at thier low point will be allowed to jump right back on and start cheering for us again when we are back to our usual ways, even though you don't deserve half a credit as a fan. All of course except Badass2000gt who thinks the Mavs (and most other good teams) are overrated . Too bad it actually appears that way at the moment, but you don't become the #1 seed being overrated, everyone slumps we just slumped at the wrong damn time. At least we get to see who the fake fans are.
Am I ALLOWED to be a Mavs fan without being an ignorant homer?

I called this one a LONG time ago. The Mavericks should have played them hard their last meeting of the regular season - that was their opportunity to knock GS out of the playoffs. I knew they were going to be trouble.

Here's my commentary on it all along, be sure to check the dates.

https://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/show...21&postcount=8

https://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/show...8&postcount=14

https://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/show...10&postcount=7
46Tbird is offline  
post #35 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 10:11 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: San Antonio a.k.a hell in the summer time
Posts: 1,197
The Mavs are not overrated IMO. Golden State, as much as I hate them, are playing at the same level as Dwayne Wade was last year in the finals. the only difference is the whole freakin team is playing at that level. I hate that bitch Matt Barnes, Baron Davis, and Stephen Jackson, but I've got to give them credit for the way they've played against the Mavs. It seems to me like they want it more right now than the Mavs.
robrayLX is offline  
post #36 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 10:45 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS
 
Geor!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HERE WE GO!!!
Posts: 18,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAC
Nelson isn't making any shots, the players are kicking our ass. Dirk and Howard need to get there heads outta there ass and play.
Howard had an amazing game last night. Dirk needs to do something, but when he's getting double and triple teamed, it's kinda hard to do.
Geor! is offline  
post #37 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 10:53 AM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03svtsnakevert
well, we will just have to see...I believe that they will beat Dallas...They have no answer for them and Avery needs to get his head out of his arse, along with the other Mavs and figure this out...throwing up shots that don't even hit the backboard...WTF was that!!

Avery is not to blame. Avery knows what needs to be done, and has coached properly. I place a lot of blame on Dirk, and Terry. They aren't hitting easy fucking shots. Sure, Dirk hit two clutch three's in a row to gives us hope at overtime in the final seconds. But that followed how many AIRBALLED threes? Give me a fucking break. Dallas can still win this, but it's not going to be easy at all. We just don't match up well with them. I think that *IF* the Mavs beat GS, and everyone else and advance to the finals, we will see the same problem if we face Chicago (that's who I think will win the East).


I just don't get how we can steamroll mother fuckers all year long, and have this problem with GS EVERY time.
bcoop is offline  
post #38 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 11:14 AM
Gunga galunga
 
jakesford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pimpin the West Side!! (Benbrook)
Posts: 7,544
I remember several years ago when we just couldn't beat sacramento... We just never could match them and they always had our number.

On a positive... Diop looked so much better last night, he was still tipping some rebounds that he should have had full control of, but he was definitely a big presence...

"Apres moi le deluge"


jakesford is offline  
post #39 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 150
Well, I again don't blame Avery...I am just saying that for whatever reason...be it Coach's fault or players...they start out with a game plan and then go away from it and that is when GS starts closing the gap...

I am and have been a Mavs fan, which is why I get very frustrated with their play...call it what you will...GS playing really well or the Mavs playing poorly...either way, we need to pull it together and win 3 straight...seems almost un-doable...but we will give it a try.

Go MAVS!

It is a beautiful thing to hear an American V8 thunder down the 1320.

Previous and Current Rides:
1967 Ford Mustang Coupe
1972 Ford F100 390FE SWB
03svtsnakevert is offline  
post #40 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 12:30 PM
Lifer
 
Zfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,811
No band wagon fan here! I tell it like I see it, they are weak mentally, always have been always will be. The choked in the finals when they should have closed the door and now look.

This Team like it or not may go down as one of the biggest chokers in recent history! Boy am I loving this cause Mark Cuban is a douche bag and the Mav's are not much better, obviously!
Zfan is offline  
post #41 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 12:42 PM
I'm not Lucky, I'm Good
 
SouthernSVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Day-dreaming
Posts: 3,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfan
No band wagon fan here! I tell it like I see it, they are weak mentally, always have been always will be. The choked in the finals when they should have closed the door and now look.

This Team like it or not may go down as one of the biggest chokers in recent history! Boy am I loving this cause Mark Cuban is a douche bag and the Mav's are not much better, obviously!
Cuban gets annoying, but he is a great owner that wants nothing but the best for our team. I wouldn't want to chill with him at the club, but I think he is a great person to be shelling out the bucks for the Mavs.

Oh and the Mavs are soooo terrible, aside from the 1st four games, and the last four games, they have been unbeatable. Every team slumps, we just hit it at one hell of a bad time. Shitty teams don't break records.

05 Dodge Ram 4x4
06 Yamaha R6

Never outrun your guardian angel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Have someone fuck you in the ass and another take your bike. See which one you hate more.
SouthernSVT is offline  
post #42 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSVT
Every team slumps, we just hit it at one hell of a bad time. Shitty teams don't break records.
very very true

GO MAVS!!

It is a beautiful thing to hear an American V8 thunder down the 1320.

Previous and Current Rides:
1967 Ford Mustang Coupe
1972 Ford F100 390FE SWB
03svtsnakevert is offline  
post #43 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 01:33 PM
Lifer
 
46Tbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 33,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03svtsnakevert
very very true

GO MAVS!!
Don't worry, they're going...
46Tbird is offline  
post #44 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 02:06 PM
Lifer
 
MR TINFOIL HAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: NAU
Posts: 4,982
It ain't over yet. If anyone can win three in a row it's the mavs. I believe they can still win this series.

Our government needs our help, they have an addiction. Our government is addicted to our money. Since they always have our best interest at heart it's time we return the favor. We need to have an intervention, for the governments own good of course. It's just irresponsible for us to let people with a known money addiction continue to handle our money. Lets have an intervention now so we can help these sick individuals.
MR TINFOIL HAT is offline  
post #45 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 02:31 PM
Gunga galunga
 
jakesford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pimpin the West Side!! (Benbrook)
Posts: 7,544
Even Nellie said that if there is one team that could come back and win three in a row, dallas is the one...

If we can get a big win at home and carry some momentum with us on the road... Just one game at a time and see what happens No matter what it has been one hell of a season!

"Apres moi le deluge"


jakesford is offline  
post #46 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 02:58 PM
not exclude
 
exlude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,838
03svtsnakevert, fix your gd sig.
exlude is offline  
post #47 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
03svtsnakevert, fix your gd sig.
why is people cursing and hacking on me because of my sig...is there a size restriction? geez...

It is a beautiful thing to hear an American V8 thunder down the 1320.

Previous and Current Rides:
1967 Ford Mustang Coupe
1972 Ford F100 390FE SWB
03svtsnakevert is offline  
post #48 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 03:05 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS
 
Geor!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HERE WE GO!!!
Posts: 18,685
If we get lucky enough, Jose will fix it for him. Your sig takes up my entire screen.
Geor! is offline  
post #49 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 03:06 PM
I'm not Lucky, I'm Good
 
SouthernSVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Day-dreaming
Posts: 3,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesford
Even Nellie said that if there is one team that could come back and win three in a row, dallas is the one...

If we can get a big win at home and carry some momentum with us on the road... Just one game at a time and see what happens No matter what it has been one hell of a season!
If we could start playing like we were when we smoked 16 in a row, three should be no problem. Too bad we aren't playing like we were.

05 Dodge Ram 4x4
06 Yamaha R6

Never outrun your guardian angel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Have someone fuck you in the ass and another take your bike. See which one you hate more.
SouthernSVT is offline  
post #50 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 03:06 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS
 
Geor!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HERE WE GO!!!
Posts: 18,685
Can someone explain why Damp isn't starting?
Geor! is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome