Draft Day trades - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Draft Day trades

We've already had one today with the Detroit Lions trading WR - Mike Williams to the Tennesee Titans for an undisclosed draft pick.

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/in...&news_id=55909

The 49'ers are trying to trade a 4th rounder to the Seahawks for WR - Darrell Jackson.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ory?id=2851912

The Oakland Raiders are looking to move Randy Moss to either the Green Bay Packers or the New England Patriots.

The Jets are looking to move up into the 'teens.

Both the Falcons and the Bucs are looking to trade with Detroit for the #2 pick to get Calvin Johnson.

Busy, busy, busy day already.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Carolina has traded its 14th pick overall and a sixth-round pick to the Jets for the 25th pick overall, the 59th overall and a pick in the fifth round.

Expensive trade for the Jets for who they picked in Darrelle Revis.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Broncos traded their #21 pick, #86 pick, and #198 pick for Jacksonville's #17 pick.

Broncos ended up with Jarvis Moss @ 21 and Jacksonville ended up with Reggie Nelson at #21.

Cowboys traded their #22 pick for the Brown's 1st round pick next year and their #36 pick this year.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Dallas trades again and gets the #26 pick from Philly for their #36 pick, #87 pick, and #159 pick.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 03:59 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Broncos traded their #21 pick, #86 pick, and #198 pick for Jacksonville's #17 pick.

Broncos ended up with Jarvis Moss @ 21 and Jacksonville ended up with Reggie Nelson at #21.

Cowboys traded their #22 pick for the Brown's 1st round pick next year and their #36 pick this year.
So you're saying that Dallas did in fact trade down? Didn't you say I was an idiot for predicting that?

post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
So you're saying that Dallas did in fact trade down? Didn't you say I was an idiot for predicting that?
They traded right back up dumbass. They moved down a whopping 4 picks and reached with that pick because all the other guys they wanted were already gone.

They got lucky with the fact that Quinn dropped like a rock and the Browns gave up essentially a Top-10 pick for him.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 10:15 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
They traded right back up dumbass. They moved down a whopping 4 picks and reached with that pick because all the other guys they wanted were already gone.

They got lucky with the fact that Quinn dropped like a rock and the Browns gave up essentially a Top-10 pick for him.

They still traded down. Regardless of what they did after that, they picked lower than they were originally slotted. It'd fucking kill you to admit you were wrong about anything. Then again, you're wrong every day on just about everything. Which amazes me because you continue to open that mouth and put yourself in the position to be wrong constantly. And no matter how much proof is shown, you still can't admit when you are wrong. Sometimes I wonder what the fuck is wrong with you. Maybe you were dropped on your head as a baby.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 10:36 PM
Retired Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
They still traded down. Regardless of what they did after that, they picked lower than they were originally slotted. It'd fucking kill you to admit you were wrong about anything. Then again, you're wrong every day on just about everything. Which amazes me because you continue to open that mouth and put yourself in the position to be wrong constantly. And no matter how much proof is shown, you still can't admit when you are wrong. Sometimes I wonder what the fuck is wrong with you. Maybe you were dropped on your head as a baby.
Does it kill you to not shut the fuck up. I mean seriously.....you have nothing better to do or what?? How is SVT wrong if what they did after they traded down is exactly what he said they did?? If anybody should be amazed it should be your father.....because if I had seen you parade around in your little SF 49'er outfit I would have bet the barn you were a cock sucking ball licker.

I would like to hear your predictions.....better yet.....I think it is safe to say that you are too much of a pansy to put anything out there on this site that somebody can call you out on. Grow you a set and lets hear all about it. What do you say?
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 12:39 PM
Time Served

Moss to the Patriots, it's official. Damn they're gonna be something else next year! ARTICLE
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 02:32 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto_GTZ
Moss to the Patriots, it's official. Damn they're gonna be something else next year! ARTICLE

I got season tickets. Those tickets are going straight to Ebay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
Meh...I dunno why she likes it. It's like she put it on a pedestal because it is the gravy of life.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 04:21 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToRqUeTwIsTeR
Does it kill you to not shut the fuck up. I mean seriously.....you have nothing better to do or what?? How is SVT wrong if what they did after they traded down is exactly what he said they did?? If anybody should be amazed it should be your father.....because if I had seen you parade around in your little SF 49'er outfit I would have bet the barn you were a cock sucking ball licker.

I would like to hear your predictions.....better yet.....I think it is safe to say that you are too much of a pansy to put anything out there on this site that somebody can call you out on. Grow you a set and lets hear all about it. What do you say?
You've got to be the second stupidest cock sucker on here, second only to venom. Z said they would trade down, they did just that and Venom called him an idiot for that. What part of that confused your cock smoking ass?
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 08:24 PM
Retired Gun

Quote:
I've got to be the second stupidest cock sucker on here, second only to venom. Z said they would trade down, they did just that and Venom called him an idiot for that. What part of that confused my cock smoking ass?
They traded down and then traded back up did they not? They went from 22nd to 36th back up to 26th. I don't see how you say he is wrong for his statement.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 09:34 PM

Quote:
They traded down and then traded back up did they not? They went from 22nd to 36th back up to 26th. I don't see how you say he is wrong for his statement.
So did they trade up from 22 or down?

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 09:35 PM

Quote:

Ok, so they did in fact trade down, correct?

post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 01:38 AM
Lifer

Quote:
so really they traded down right?
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 07:11 AM

"The Cowboys did not trade down"

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 12:26 PM
CEO of......

it's like a fucking circle jerk in here.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 07:48 PM
Retired Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
it's like a fucking circle jerk in here.
My thoughts exactly...... The stupidity no longer amazes me anymore. Apparently, one can grow tired of pulling anothers' chain time after time. Makes my day go by though....so I will continue.
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 12:42 AM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Seriously, shut the fuck up already. We all know you are a rainbow loving 49'ers fan so go buy another Care-Bears doll and squeeze it tight as you think about licking Alex Smith's sweaty ball sack.

He directly said the Cowboys would trade out of their 1st round pick because nobody in the draft could start for the Cowboys. Here, let me provide you with a quote since you have a hard time producing those yourself when making claims:

Quote:
I think the Cowboys should trade their first pick for a second and a third or fourth. The bottom line is, no matter who they draft, odds are they won't start, so just stockpile and build for the future.
He's gone fucking retarded and has forgotten how shitty the Cowboys defense was last season. He sounds just like Jerry Jones in saying the Cowboys are ready to go right now, as is. This is basically the same team that went 9-7 last year and bowed out in the 1st round of the playoffs. They ARE NOT ready to go as is and missed out on drafting players that could either start or push starters for playing time.

Quote:

"The Cowboys did not trade down"
I never said they didn't trade down you moron. However, your saying they were going to trade down was that they weren't even going to take a 1st round pick at all since you stated that nobody in the draft would start for the Cowboys.

I love how pretty much everyone in the nation is taking my side on this issue that the Cowboys fucked up by trading down, trading back up, and choosing who they did.

Not only did they not draft true to their board, but they didn't draft for need either.

Last edited by SVTVenom; 05-02-2007 at 12:50 AM.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 07:10 AM

That's because they didn't have a need. Do you not understand that? Sure, the Cowboys D wasn't great last year, but who at #22 is going to make an impact? NO BODY. The Cowboys traded down, still got the guy they wanted, AND got a possibe top 10 pick next year. How is Jerry not smart here???????? Son of a bitch it's like trying to explain physics to a 5 year old.

post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 12:19 AM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
That's because they didn't have a need. Do you not understand that? Sure, the Cowboys D wasn't great last year, but who at #22 is going to make an impact? NO BODY. The Cowboys traded down, still got the guy they wanted, AND got a possibe top 10 pick next year. How is Jerry not smart here???????? Son of a bitch it's like trying to explain physics to a 5 year old.
They don't have a need? You are fucking stupid as shit. They have OBVIOUS and GLARING needs at both Safety and CB. There were plenty of guys who could have made an impact at #22 or at #26.

Let me list them for you:

- Safety - Brandon Merriweather - Miami : Drafted #24 by New England

- Safety - Eric Weddle - Utah: Drafted #37 by San Diego

- CB - Chris Houston - Arkansas - Drafted #41 by Atlanta

- CB - Eric Wright - UNLV: Drafted #53 by Cleveland (A pick Dallas had gotten from them and traded back to them!!!! )

Thats just guys Dallas could have had with their 1st round pick at either #22 or #26. That doesn't even bring into account the fact that they could have easily traded up and gotten CB - Leon Hall, who was projected to be a Top-10 pick, but slid to #18, Safety - Michael Griffin at #19, CB - Aaron Ross at #20, or Safety - Reggie Nelson at #21.

Hell, they even whiffed in the later rounds when CB - Damien Hughes was still on the board in the 3rd round and they picked some chump James Marten from Boston who probably won't even make the practice squad.

Face it, the Cowboys fucked up by not taking a quality player to bolster their secondary and the only saving grace is they got a probable Top-10 1st rounder for NEXT YEAR. Next year doesn't do shit for the here and now and the here and now shows us that Dallas still has some gaping holes on their defense that will contiue to get exploited.
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 07:03 AM

Like always, you're right. It's pointless to even argue.

post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 10:07 AM
Fear the Stashe

Our Secondary didnt need a boost, it was our passrush.
We got a good one in Spencer who New England was sniffing for, therefore we traded up with Phili to grab.

passrush makes a better secondary.. we dont know the status of Ellis and how he'll play next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 11:53 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky
Our Secondary didnt need a boost, it was our passrush.
We got a good one in Spencer who New England was sniffing for, therefore we traded up with Phili to grab.
Ok, have you gone retarded too and forgot how poorly they played last year? The secondary needs an overhaul aside from Newman.

Quote:
passrush makes a better secondary.. we dont know the status of Ellis and how he'll play next season.
No, a pass-rush "hides" a weak secondary.

I agree that Ellis' status is in question after such a serious injury, but I honestly think the pick could have been better used on other areas and the only saving grace here is the fact that Dallas has two 1st rounders next year.

Who wants to take bets on Jerry Jones being a complete dumbass again next year and trading those picks away?
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Ok, have you gone retarded too and forgot how poorly they played last year? The secondary needs an overhaul aside from Newman.

No, a pass-rush "hides" a weak secondary.

I agree that Ellis' status is in question after such a serious injury, but I honestly think the pick could have been better used on other areas and the only saving grace here is the fact that Dallas has two 1st rounders next year.

Who wants to take bets on Jerry Jones being a complete dumbass again next year and trading those picks away?
Well you proved that you know more than anyone in the Cowboys front office. You should call them and tell them what to do with the picks.

post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Well you proved that you know more than anyone in the Cowboys front office. You should call them and tell them what to do with the picks.
Couldn't be any worse than what Jerry Jones has done in the past 10 years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement