Was last years draft... - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 723
Was last years draft...

one of the best in NFL history?

I ask because this one seems like it's going to be boring. I could honestly give a fuck this year. But last year was awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
Meh...I dunno why she likes it. It's like she put it on a pedestal because it is the gravy of life.
CAD424 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 10:42 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn
 
ZYouL8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Laughlin AFB
Posts: 5,638
I'm excited about this one because of all the mystery. There is no clear-cut number one pick here so everything is still up in the air. It'll be a good one and I'm pretty f'n excited.

ZYouL8R is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 10:46 PM
______________
 
Slow Five-O's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Garland
Posts: 7,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
I'm excited about this one because of all the mystery. There is no clear-cut number one pick here so everything is still up in the air. It'll be a good one and I'm pretty f'n excited.


x2 i feel the same way.

89 Coupe
02 GT
Slow Five-O is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 12:17 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
I'm excited about this one because of all the mystery. There is no clear-cut number one pick here so everything is still up in the air. It'll be a good one and I'm pretty f'n excited.
There is a clear-cut #1 when it comes to the most talented player in the draft, Calvin Johnson, but the team that is picking #1 is in a position to where they may not be able to pick the best overall player due to their lack of talent at other positions, namely QB.

Last year was VERY rare because you had 4 guys in the Top-10 who were in the BCS National Championship game (Young, Huff, Leinart, and Bush) along with 2 other guys who were in a BCS Bowl Game (Hawk and Whitner). The 2006 NFL Draft is definately going to be one of those drafts we look back on 10-20 years from now and see how it has seriously shaped the landscape of the league.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 07:27 AM
Sports weenie @ full attn
 
ZYouL8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Laughlin AFB
Posts: 5,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
There is a clear-cut #1 when it comes to the most talented player in the draft, Calvin Johnson, but the team that is picking #1 is in a position to where they may not be able to pick the best overall player due to their lack of talent at other positions, namely QB.
Like I said, no clear-cut #1 pick. Thanks for repeating my sentiments.

ZYouL8R is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 08:15 AM
Ultimate X-phoria
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Not now chief, i'm in the fuckin zone
Posts: 19,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
There is a clear-cut #1 when it comes to the most talented player in the draft, Calvin Johnson, but the team that is picking #1 is in a position to where they may not be able to pick the best overall player due to their lack of talent at other positions, namely QB.

Last year was VERY rare because you had 4 guys in the Top-10 who were in the BCS National Championship game (Young, Huff, Leinart, and Bush) along with 2 other guys who were in a BCS Bowl Game (Hawk and Whitner). The 2006 NFL Draft is definately going to be one of those drafts we look back on 10-20 years from now and see how it has seriously shaped the landscape of the league.

Fuck, we actually agree for once.
Hollywood is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 08:33 AM
Lifer
 
46Tbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 33,187
I think he copied and pasted one of my old posts.
46Tbird is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 06:45 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
Like I said, no clear-cut #1 pick. Thanks for repeating my sentiments.
No, I stated that there is a clear-cut #1 pick, its just that the team that is in that position to pick 1st can't do it because of the situation they are in at the QB spot.

Calvin Johnson is a once-in-a-generation type player. JaMarcus Russell is not.

Had Oakland taken a QB last year or been able to secure one through F/A, they'd be all over Calvin Johnson.

There is a distinct difference between there being no clear-cut #1 pick (Two or more players being as good as each other) and a team being able to pick the best player out there, but can't due to situations at other key spots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
Fuck, we actually agree for once.
We also semi-agreed in my Cowboys draft post. I am now offically freaked out.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 11:24 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn
 
ZYouL8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Laughlin AFB
Posts: 5,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
No, I stated that there is a clear-cut #1 pick, its just that the team that is in that position to pick 1st can't do it because of the situation they are in at the QB spot.

Calvin Johnson is a once-in-a-generation type player. JaMarcus Russell is not.

Had Oakland taken a QB last year or been able to secure one through F/A, they'd be all over Calvin Johnson.

There is a distinct difference between there being no clear-cut #1 pick (Two or more players being as good as each other) and a team being able to pick the best player out there, but can't due to situations at other key spots.



We also semi-agreed in my Cowboys draft post. I am now offically freaked out.
You are an idiot. There is no clear-cut #1 PICK. Yes, there is a clear-cut best player, but NO ONE knows who the #1 pick will be. Get it?

ZYouL8R is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 11:41 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
You are an idiot. There is no clear-cut #1 PICK. Yes, there is a clear-cut best player, but NO ONE knows who the #1 pick will be. Get it?
No, I'm simply stating that any other team aside from the Raiders would be taking Calvin Johnson #1 if they were in that positon. He's a clear cut #1 pick, but won't be chosen because of their QB situation. Why the fuck do you think everyone is wondering what they are going to do with that pick? Everyone else's draft hinges on if they take Calvin Johnson #1, not JaMarcus Russell.

Its obvious from the Cowboys thread that you are about as dense as lead when it comes to the draft.
SVTVenom is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome