Liddell wants Crocop. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Liddell wants Crocop.

He's talkin about moving up weight to fight Crocop and Fedor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le1Lw...elated&search=

Discuss.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Dana White interview stating when CroCop beats Gonzaga he will face Randy C.

He also blasts Liddell for his TV interview and the company he keeps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pxUz...elated&search=

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 06:08 PM

I am now 100% positive that chuck has been hit in the head one too many times!!! Go up in weight to fight cro cop???? Chuck should go on a fucking anorexic diet for 6 months and drop to 155 so there could never be a possibility of him having to fight cro cop ever!!! Cro cop will kick chuck in the head so fucking hard those fucking tat's will come off!!!!!111

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 06:16 PM
Time Served

Thats the same thing Babaloo said?
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 06:18 PM
Secular Dogooderist

that'll be the day. fuck chuck liddell

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 06:25 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

He needs to get past Rampage first....hes got his hands full.

Rampage already whooped him once...not beat him WHOOPED him.

Should be an awesome fight night.

TIME FOR RAMPAGE REVENGE LIDDELL!!
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingford
He needs to get past Rampage first....hes got his hands full.

Rampage already whooped him once...not beat him WHOOPED him.

Should be an awesome fight night.

TIME FOR RAMPAGE REVENGE LIDDELL!!

I'm not Liddell's biggest fan but I think he will beat Rampage this time. He's improved alot since they last fought.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 10:01 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
I'm not Liddell's biggest fan but I think he will beat Rampage this time. He's improved alot since they last fought.
Didnt look like the Liddell of today.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 11:12 PM
Lifer

<--- fan of chuck
he is the most fun to watch except for Genki Sudo

www.FRPsupplements.com
Nutritional Supplements for Military, Police, and Fire
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidm97
<--- fan of chuck
he is the most fun to watch except for Genki Sudo

He's the most fun for people who don't understand the technical aspect of MMA. Otherwise he's actually very boring. His game plan is the same for every fight- sit back and wait for someone to run into his left hook and get plowed with the right cross. For him, his game plan works and it's safe, but for the fans he's not layin it all out there. He's doin just what it takes to hold onto the title.

Now if he steps up to Heavyweight to fight Crocop and Fedor like he says he wants to he'll really have his hands full.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
dont forget to take into account that this time it will be in the cage and not in a ring with the ropes. Look for chuck to stay on the outside, givng rampage the center of the ring. At the slightest sign of rampage shooting in chuck will backpedal up against the cage, with his sprawl and the cage he will be tough for rampage to take down, and if he does go down he can use the cage as he always does to stand back up. I'd love to see rampage win but if I were betting my $ would be on chuck.
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 05:10 PM
Time Served

Smile

[QUOTE=JKD]He's the most fun for people who don't understand the technical aspect of MMA. Otherwise he's actually very boring. His game plan is the same for every fight- sit back and wait for someone to run into his left hook and get plowed with the right cross. For him, his game plan works and it's safe, but for the fans he's not layin it all out there. He's doin just what it takes to hold onto the title.

not a big chuck fan but i give the man his props! i understand and train in mma and he does a good job with the technical aspect of sprawling and the definition of mma is kind of in the name dude! (MIXED) he is a stand up fighter im pretty sure he can fight on the ground but until someone takes him there he is going to do what he does best!! stand up!!!

AND PLEASE EVERYONE GET OFF CRO COPS BALLS!!!
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 05:17 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn

Gonzaga is always tough, but you have to question their conference SOS.

post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

[QUOTE=bigbirdbryan21]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
He's the most fun for people who don't understand the technical aspect of MMA. Otherwise he's actually very boring. His game plan is the same for every fight- sit back and wait for someone to run into his left hook and get plowed with the right cross. For him, his game plan works and it's safe, but for the fans he's not layin it all out there. He's doin just what it takes to hold onto the title.

not a big chuck fan but i give the man his props! i understand and train in mma and he does a good job with the technical aspect of sprawling and the definition of mma is kind of in the name dude! (MIXED) he is a stand up fighter im pretty sure he can fight on the ground but until someone takes him there he is going to do what he does best!! stand up!!!

AND PLEASE EVERYONE GET OFF CRO COPS BALLS!!!

Step away from the computer.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 05:43 PM
CEO of......

i bet crocop's balls can touch the ground from people hanging on them just off this site alone.

JKD- Chuck is a kickboxer, what else would you expect from him?
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
i bet crocop's balls can touch the ground from people hanging on them just off this site alone.

JKD- Chuck is a kickboxer, what else would you expect from him?

To further evolve as a fighter and a martial artist. Complacency is the killer of the human spirit. To stop evolving is to stop being good. It will be a matter of time before someone will figure it out. If he evolves and keeps them guessing that would be better.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 05:52 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
To further evolve as a fighter and a martial artist. Complacency is the killer of the human spirit. To stop evolving is to stop being good. It will be a matter of time before someone will figure it out. If he evolves and keeps them guessing that would be better.

i would say he's done pretty good the past 3-4 years, wouldn't you? And i would say age will get to him before any one person does.
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
i would say he's done pretty good the past 3-4 years, wouldn't you? And i would say age will get to him before any one person does.

I agree. He's very good at what he does. But if he's going to step up against Crocop and Fedor, he's gonna need something in addition in his arsenal.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 05:58 PM
in memory of "lil' Roy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
true.... but for a fighter at the top you don't change what got you there especially at this state in his career, his challengers will just have to keep trying to get around his "left hook" and "right cross" against Crocop he will lose crocop is too big and too strong

winner of 5 out of 9 at the 2007 spring cruise!
winner of 2 out of 4 at Redline 7/21/07
winner of 4 out of 5 at the 10/21/07 fall cruise!
2009 spring cruise- won 1 out of 2 races!!!!!!
2010 spring cruise- 4 wins 2 losses but only raced 1 guy on my list and as usual couldn't find the others!!!!

RIP Roy Sebastion Fraga "lil' Roy" born december 7th 2010 gone back to heaven december 7th 2010 you will always be in our hearts and thoughts my special little grandson.
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 05:59 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
I agree. He's very good at what he does. But if he's going to step up against Crocop and Fedor, he's gonna need something in addition in his arsenal.

true
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 06:01 PM
Large Member

Everyone knows that anybody can win at any time in MMA. Look at what Matt Serra did...NOBODY was expecting that.
post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2GT
Everyone knows that anybody can win at any time in MMA. Look at what Matt Serra did...NOBODY was expecting that.

That is true, but Serra did not win that fight as much as GSP lost it. For some reason, GSP just didn't show up for that fight. In the end, Serra still won though.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 02:50 PM
Time Served

well if thats the case then GSP didnt win against hughes as much as hughes lost it!!!!
but its just a matter of time before hughes gets his belt back!! along with franklin!
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbirdbryan21
well if thats the case then GSP didnt win against hughes as much as hughes lost it!!!!
but its just a matter of time before hughes gets his belt back!! along with franklin!
I agree with you about hughes 100%. I do however think rich franklin will not see the title around his waist again.

As far as chuck and cro cop goes... everybody knows that chuck is good and patient and will keep winning by waiting for people to run into his fists, but if chuck steps into the ring with cro cop it wont happen. While chuck plays it the only way he knows how, patient and methodic, cro cop will simply land a foot upside his head and the next thing chuck will know is Big John Mcarthy will be patting him asking if he is allright. Cro cop is human and he can surely be beat, I just dont see chuck being the one to do it.
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 05:25 PM
SEB
CAPTAIN CAVEMAN AGGGWHOOO

I think it will be a good fight. I think Cro Cops has mean legs & with his legs having the striking distance. Cro Cop will have the clear advantage in this fight. But if chuck hits him with a bomb & rocks him one time. Chuck is deadly at finishing the fight & Cro Cop will never get a chance to get to get his bearings.

GOD BLESS TEXAS

August Landscaping
214-779-7278
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 05:27 PM
Lifer

I think chuck and crocop would be a good fight. Fedor would kill him.

post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEB
I think it will be a good fight. I think Cro Cops has mean legs & with his legs having the striking distance. Cro Cop will have the clear advantage in this fight. But if chuck hits him with a bomb & rocks him one time. Chuck is deadly at finishing the fight & Cro Cop will never get a chance to get to get his bearings.

I think you have that backwards.

Chuck = counter puncher.

Which means Crocop would be initiating contact. It will be Chuck tryin to get his bearings and not Crocop. Chuck will have to go on the offensive to even have a chance at this one.

But I doubt we will ever see it because Chuck is very comfortable right where he is at.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 07:04 AM
I drive a fookin Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Vegas_Guy
I am now 100% positive that chuck has been hit in the head one too many times!!! Go up in weight to fight cro cop???? Chuck should go on a fucking anorexic diet for 6 months and drop to 155 so there could never be a possibility of him having to fight cro cop ever!!! Cro cop will kick chuck in the head so fucking hard those fucking tat's will come off!!!!!111
Chuck is by no means small. I believe he walks around 220lbs and really is about the same size as Mirko. The question is does he have the power to KTFO HW's? I think he probably does but I think that syle-wise it is a bad matchup for Chuck. He does like to counter and I'm not sure his striking is precise enough to match Mirko's speed. However, he does have ridiculous KO power and if anyone has the chance to KO Mirko I think Chuck ranks right up there with the best of them.
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 07:29 AM
\(_o)/

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
I'm not quite sure what you're getting at here... If he does what it takes to keep and hold on to a title, continually beating people, then he's obviously doing something right, even if its unorthodox compared to all the people wanting to fight on the ground and break arms via submissions. If it works for him and he's currently at the top, there is no need to devalue his talents of winning. I find him just as enjoyable to watch as even the most technical of MMA fighters. Granted, I'm far from a MMA expert, but just because someone doesn't have to goto the ground, does not mean they are boring fighters.

post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 08:58 AM
SEB
CAPTAIN CAVEMAN AGGGWHOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
I think you have that backwards.

Chuck = counter puncher.

Which means Crocop would be initiating contact. It will be Chuck tryin to get his bearings and not Crocop. Chuck will have to go on the offensive to even have a chance at this one.

But I doubt we will ever see it because Chuck is very comfortable right where he is at.

How do you figure. They both fight as defensive fighters. But eventually Cro Cop will throw his leg kicks from a safe distance & chuck will dodge them & then they will have to go head to head & start trading blows & I highly doubt Cro Cop can stand & trade blows with chuck.

That fight will end in a knock out. Mark my words.

GOD BLESS TEXAS

August Landscaping
214-779-7278
post #31 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 08:50 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD

Now if he steps up to Heavyweight to fight Crocop and Fedor like he says he wants to he'll really have his hands full.
I agree with the very last line in this statement, but as far as the main part....are you on something? I wouldnt care if I put EVERY fighter I fought in a rear-naked choke, as long as I have a winning streak, I'm bringing in big paychecks and I still have the belt around my waist, that's what I'm going to do. Theres nothing special about laying it all out on the line and getting your head knocked off. Any fighter can do that.

Lets just say that Chuck charges in on Rampage and gets KTFO. Do you think the fans are going to say, "Man, that Chuck is a true champion, look how he ran in there, right before getting knocked out!" NO.............they are going to say, "Damn, did you see Rampage Knock Chuck the F___ out????"

Mirko CroCop is a very exciting fighter to watch. His leg kicks are in a league of their own. The only downfall to fighting Chuck, is Chuck can KO anyone! Hell Randleman dropped Mirko with a hard left, so does anyone seriously think Chuck cant throw that looping left to end Mirkos night?

This fight is way too close to call, but CroCop wouldnt blow through Liddell like some people think. Liddell knows about CroCops legs kicks and he wouldnt just leave himself out there for one of them. His stance is too wide and he doesnt stand close enough to a fighter to take the risk of getting kicked like that. Hes going to throw his punches/combos and he backs off. Very smart IMO.
post #32 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 08:51 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbecX
I'm not quite sure what you're getting at here... If he does what it takes to keep and hold on to a title, continually beating people, then he's obviously doing something right, even if its unorthodox compared to all the people wanting to fight on the ground and break arms via submissions. If it works for him and he's currently at the top, there is no need to devalue his talents of winning. I find him just as enjoyable to watch as even the most technical of MMA fighters. Granted, I'm far from a MMA expert, but just because someone doesn't have to goto the ground, does not mean they are boring fighters.
he's like a zerg rush or spawn camping
Sponsored Links
Advertisement