Anybody just watch Dana White/Tito Ortiz? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
Playa from tha Himalayas

Thumbs down Anybody just watch Dana White/Tito Ortiz?

How fucking gay! I want that hour of my life back! I can't believe they aired that and no fight at the end. Makes Tito look like a puss.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 10:44 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas99GT
How fucking gay! I want that hour of my life back! I can't believe they aired that and no fight at the end. Makes Tito look like a puss.

I missed it, gimme the cliff notes on what happened.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 10:47 PM
Time Served

Here's the cliff notes, I stayed up for nothing! They didn't fight.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
Playa from tha Himalayas

They just pumped up Dana White for the full hour, then at the end Tito didn't show up for the weigh in's so the fight was canceled. End of story.....

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 11:17 PM
We lost one.....

That was almost as bad as the Diego Sanchez and Josh Koscheck fight.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 11:21 PM
Project X in tha Works

it was fucken gay... but i knew some shit like that was going to happen.
They wouldnt air a fight like that on reg. cable...they would of made us pay for it on pay per view Dana would of got his ass kicked anyway...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 11:54 PM
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mychael101
That was almost as bad as the Diego Sanchez and Josh Koscheck fight.

Yeah, the Dana/Tito fight had a little more action.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 04:15 AM
Meeeeooowww

Should have watched WWE instread..lmao

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 10:23 AM
Oooooooh-whee

I didn't watch whatever this was, but the boxing match between the two of them has been off for a while. Tito didn't want to risk being injured in a fight he wasn't being paid for so close to a fight he was being paid for.

http://mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/temp...=3680&zoneid=3

8/16/05
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 10:27 AM
I'm not Lucky, I'm Good

I watched the 1st 40 minutes, got bored, and went home. Now im really glad I did, if I had stayed up any later and been dead at work for nothin, I would be one pissed off mofo right now.

05 Dodge Ram 4x4
06 Yamaha R6

Never outrun your guardian angel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Have someone fuck you in the ass and another take your bike. See which one you hate more.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 12:08 PM
Time Served

Surprised you guys didn't hear of that sooner, that was just a hype to get people to watch. This was suppose to happen back in march.

Dana FTMFW!!!

www.SMALLBLOCKPOSSE.com
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 05:55 PM

I remember hearing long ago about tito vs dana and was excited to see it. Then a few months ago I heard the fight was off but never really knew why. Last night I watched hoping that the fight had been rescheduled but sadly it is just the opposite.

Basically according to the show ( which is almost completely 1 sided ) the fight was cancelled because tito failed to show up for the official weigh in ( yes the fight was going to be an officially sanctioned fight by the nevada state athletic commission ) and the guys from the athletic commission got pissed off because tito didnt show up and told dana that they will not consider this fight in the future and they had better not hear of it taking place in another state.

In a nutshell, Dana White looks like he did his best to prepare for what more than likely would have been the worst beating of his life, and for reasons unknown tito backed out of the fight. The whole purpose of the show was for Dana to pump up his ego and make himself look way better then he is, and in the process try and make tito look like a punk bitch, and sadly it worked.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 11:42 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums
I didn't watch whatever this was, but the boxing match between the two of them has been off for a while. Tito didn't want to risk being injured in a fight he wasn't being paid for so close to a fight he was being paid for.

http://mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/temp...=3680&zoneid=3

yea... the show was pretty much just a behind-the-scenes look at all of it.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 08:39 PM
Your Daddy

here is tito's response on a forum I read.

http://www.mma.tv/tuf/index.cfm?ac=L...2&FID=1&pc=117
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 08:51 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Bleh, I'm beginning to think Vince from WWE is the real owner of the UFC.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 07:05 AM
I drive a fookin Honda

Dana is teh ghey.
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 09:32 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced89lx
here is tito's response on a forum I read.

http://www.mma.tv/tuf/index.cfm?ac=L...2&FID=1&pc=117
Thats a crock a shit, the contract was signed back when tito resigned with UFC that he was to fight dana 3x3min rounds....why would another contract be needed?

whatever....

www.SMALLBLOCKPOSSE.com
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 09:47 AM
¯\(º_o)/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito Ortiz
Dana White has once again taken the low road and decided to try to damage my reputation and credibility in a public forum. During an appearance on Spike TV on April 12th White accused me of failure to show up
for a fight we had originally scheduled for March 24th. He did so at the end of the program and gave me no opportunity to respond or tell the real story, which is simply this: White was fully informed well in advance of March 24th that I would not fight without a contract, which White refused to sign.

I’ve struggled to get respect and dignity for my profession and I do it in the way I lead my life as a fighter and as a human being. Dana’s attitude not only disrespects me, but all fighters. I am taking this stand just not for this one incident, but for all future champions.

I want to reiterate: I am ready to settle my differences with Dana White in any fighting forum we can agree on, but only if there is a signed contract that stipulates where the money is going, whether it is to charity or to the fighters doesn’t matter as much as having a definitive agreement.

Until Dana White is ready to fight me on a professional basis, I strongly urge him to keep his mouth shut.
...I understand where he is coming from, but to say he has struggled to get respect and dignity for his profession? The dude acts like such a child sometimes, starts shit, and imo makes a joke of his profession and has done it on more than one occasion.

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 09:53 AM
I drive a fookin Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DbonezNY
Thats a crock a shit, the contract was signed back when tito resigned with UFC that he was to fight dana 3x3min rounds....why would another contract be needed?

whatever....
Tito wants mo chedda foo!
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 10:25 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt93Cobra
Tito wants mo chedda foo!
Guess he figured UFC would profit off the fight, so he wants his cut anyways, which is fine....but don't pull this horseshit of how he's trying so hard to bring dignity to the sport and himself..blah blah blah...

www.SMALLBLOCKPOSSE.com
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 02:07 PM

sounds like tito lost alot of fans and respect by taking the punk bitch way out
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 02:15 PM
We lost one.....

I don't think anyone really cares. This is how it really went down.
Dana: "How can I make the mofos pay since I'm giving them UFC 70 for free??? (scratches bald head) "I know, I'll make them stay up really late watching me stroke my ego and making fun of my mancrush Tito!", "Wait, that will never work, nobody will stay up that late", (Rubs chin, and admires his new Affliction shirt in mirror) "Oh hell yes it will work, TUF newbs FTW!!!!"
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 02:26 PM
Full tilt boogie !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Vegas_Guy
I remember hearing long ago about tito vs dana and was excited to see it. Then a few months ago I heard the fight was off but never really knew why. Last night I watched hoping that the fight had been rescheduled but sadly it is just the opposite.

Basically according to the show ( which is almost completely 1 sided ) the fight was cancelled because tito failed to show up for the official weigh in ( yes the fight was going to be an officially sanctioned fight by the nevada state athletic commission ) and the guys from the athletic commission got pissed off because tito didnt show up and told dana that they will not consider this fight in the future and they had better not hear of it taking place in another state.

In a nutshell, Dana White looks like he did his best to prepare for what more than likely would have been the worst beating of his life, and for reasons unknown tito backed out of the fight. The whole purpose of the show was for Dana to pump up his ego and make himself look way better then he is, and in the process try and make tito look like a punk bitch, and sadly it worked.
Sadly hell, all Tito had to do was show up and tell his side of the story ( which I just read) and he did not, end of story. Dana was pissed and decided to punk him out like he did. Fuck Tito, he acts like a bitch!

**SKAGG NASTY** Just another 9 second street car.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement