Golf Driver Choices - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Painting Your House

Golf Driver Choices

I have a few clubs that Supreme gold gave me to try. One is the new Cobra and the other is the new Taylor Made Burner 420 Bubble. The Cobra sounds like shit and is quite loud, but it seems to hit pretty good. The Tayloe Made is longer and hits well too. Maybe even a bit further. Both are only 299.00. Anyone else here tried out these two drivers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 08:52 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSnake1996
I have a few clubs that Supreme gold gave me to try. One is the new Cobra and the other is the new Taylor Made Burner 420 Bubble. The Cobra sounds like shit and is quite loud, but it seems to hit pretty good. The Tayloe Made is longer and hits well too. Maybe even a bit further. Both are only 299.00. Anyone else here tried out these two drivers?
I haven't played the Taylor Made, but I did play the new cobra (if you're talking about the new Speed F) two days ago, and while it sounded like complete ass, I hit the ball really well, but more importantly, hit it a lot straighter.

My dad plays a Callaway FT-5 with the draw setup, and I really like it...I rarely leave the ball right with it...unfortunately it's 400+...But if you've got the money, that's what I would get.

post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 08:52 PM
Lifer

I'd pic which ever you hit the best. I've had my eye on that Taylor Made R7.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Ide fuck her in the ass..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaber
ive hit with this a few times, i drive about 20-30yards farther with it, i like the Nike SasQuatch too, but its a dam loud club... i currently use the cleveland hibore...

WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 08:58 PM
Time Served

I just got a full set of R7's. My driver is the R7 425. I haven't even hit it yet because of a surgery but my uncle just took it out to the range and said it swings and hits very very nice and the adjustments are even better than they were on the older taylors.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 09:00 PM
Lifer

I like both of mine. Taylor Made Burner Bubble with graphite shaft, and my Big Bertha War Bird.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
Painting Your House

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsretiredathlete
I haven't played the Taylor Made, but I did play the new cobra (if you're talking about the new Speed F) two days ago, and while it sounded like complete ass, I hit the ball really well, but more importantly, hit it a lot straighter.

My dad plays a Callaway FT-5 with the draw setup, and I really like it...I rarely leave the ball right with it...unfortunately it's 400+...But if you've got the money, that's what I would get.
Yes, its the Speed F. I was almost embarrassed to hit it for the way it sounded. The one they gave me has the draw set up as well. It seemed for the most part to be a very straight shooter.
The Taylor Made is 1 inch longer that most other clubs to provide a faster club speed. I was hitting it yesterday at about 240 to 260 on the drop plus roll. I had a pretty hard cross wind today, so I really couldn't get much feed back on them.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 09:02 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!

Quote:
I play a Taylor R5 dual 460 with a draw setup. My ball tends to move left to right. Whereas with an old Calloway Hawkeye VFT I may hit fairway 50% of the time, I hit fairway over 80% of the time now. Plus it's about 10 yards or so longer. More important for me is that the tip is matched to my swing, so not only does the ball go straight and just as far, it now has much more height. I'd get the one that you have more consistency with no matter how it sounds or looks.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Painting Your House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
ive hit with this a few times, i drive about 20-30yards farther with it, i like the Nike SasQuatch too, but its a dam loud club... i currently use the cleveland hibore...
I have been wanting to hit that Nike Sasquatch.
I'll be going to the Supreme golf computer set up to see whats best for my current swing. It was down yesterday when I went there, so they just let me take a few out to try.
I'm kind of leaning on the Taylor Made at this point. I have swung so much the last few days that I will have to take a few days off before trying them out any more.
Funny thing is that they don't even know who I am. Handed me 600 bucks worth of drivers and sent me on my way.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 10:00 PM
Lifer

I wish I had money to try those High dollar drivers I just use my Dunlop Explode 450cc it was on sale for $50 or so but Ive gotten 330ish yds out of it at Timberview.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 11:34 PM
last son of krypton

i bought a devestator at wal mart for $20.00 and drove the damn ball just shy of 270yrds...

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination!
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 11:36 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Black men make the best drivers, so get one with plenty of advice, like that Bagger Vance character, and you'll never lose again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 02:04 AM
Gunga galunga

Hibore is a really nice choice, was trying one out about a week ago. Nike SQ2 loud as hell but very consistant as far as direction. The nike SQ drivers aren't quite as long as the ignite for example, I noticed this aswell as my coworker who has about a -3 handicap.

If you want to try out the nike clubs go to the source, leonards will let you demo damn near every combo or loft/shaft they have.

I'm still playing with a G2, but our ping rep brought a rapture by a month or so ago and it looks really nice, but haven't hit one yet. If I start playing again I might pick one of those up, I've been wanting to go back to a pro-launch shaft instead of the aldila I have now.

Ond driver I can't stand as far as the sound it makes is the damn R7... Its not loud when you hit it, but it wistles in your back swing

"Apres moi le deluge"

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 05:43 AM Thread Starter
Painting Your House

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSS
I wish I had money to try those High dollar drivers I just use my Dunlop Explode 450cc it was on sale for $50 or so but Ive gotten 330ish yds out of it at Timberview.
My Son in Law hits with some 35 dollar driver that his wife ptcked out for him from Academy. He hits 260+ every tee shot, and hits 300 often.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 07:55 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSS
Ebay is your friend. I've never bought anything from a golf store other shirts.
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 08:07 AM
Time Served

Hit the new Mizuno MX 500. Those are some of the longest clubs I have hit. Right next to a the Adams Redline RPM. Go to golfsmith and get on the launch monitor and just hit everthing. I did and picked up a used Redline on Tuesday for 139.00. I basically hit it further that anyting, followed very closely by the Highbore and the Mizuno.

93 LX Blown 306

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 08:42 AM
Lifer

Damn, didn't know we had some golfers here. Anyone shoot me a pm and lets go play and have some cold beer afterwards.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 09:14 AM
Time Served

Go with a Titleist 905r they are sweet clubs
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 09:53 AM
Ide fuck her in the ass..

i would be embarrassed to play with some of you guys, ive seen posted scores and ide be last... but im always down for a good round...

where do you guys play?

we play alot at iron horse, stevens park, lake park, and lately we have been playing at tension highlands alot...

WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 02:21 PM
Lifer

Play & Practice @ Westridge in McKinney, Twin Creeks in Allen, & some in the Garland area. I'll play anywhere as long as it's not to far. Shot a 83 last Sat. @ Twin Creeks. I'm a hack.
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
Painting Your House

Quote:
Play & Practice @ Westridge in McKinney, Twin Creeks in Allen, & some in the Garland area. I'll play anywhere as long as it's not to far. Shot a 83 last Sat. @ Twin Creeks. I'm a hack.
83 is a hack? Holy shit I suck.
But the cold beers sound fun .
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 11:36 PM
Retired Gun

Redline RPM is one of the farthest hitting of the bunch.......I don't want to have to ever replace it although its time is already limited.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 08:33 PM
Lifer

We went and played Heritage Ranch out in Fairview. First a kid drives up and loads are bags on the cart. We drive to the clubhouse and 2 other guys come out and start scrubbing our irons with wet rags. I was like WTF.

Very nice course. Fairways are like carpet. Also an extremely hard course. Kicked me in the nuts. You really have to hit a straight ball or it's either wet or in the woods. Shot a 89
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 09:31 AM
Retired Gun

Quote:
We went and played Heritage Ranch out in Fairview. First a kid drives up and loads are bags on the cart. We drive to the clubhouse and 2 other guys come out and start scrubbing our irons with wet rags. I was like WTF.

Very nice course. Fairways are like carpet. Also an extremely hard course. Kicked me in the nuts. You really have to hit a straight ball or it's either wet or in the woods. Shot a 89
lmao.....you should have been there on my first trip. I almost whooped a messicans ass because he was grabbing at my clubs trying to take them from me. He might have shit himself. My buddy said they always do that and I immediately started laughing and handed them over. Needless to say that my clubs didn't get wiped down.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
Painting Your House

Well, I'm fixing to head out to Texas Indoor Golf in Grapevine. I still haven't picked out the driver I want, so hopefully I'll figure it out while I'm there. They have a driving range there that calculates all the info I should need to make up my mind.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
Painting Your House

I'm back, and with the new King Cobra Speed R r-flex off set. My average distance was 244 with my longest being 269. The Taylor Made average was 251 with the longest at 279. The problem with the Taylor Made was that I wasn't as straight. I hit it as far as 32 left and 44 right. The Cobra pattern was very tight and in the middle. I forget how many balls I hit, but it was about 30 minutes a club.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement