Stars Playoff Thread - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 07:15 AM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!
 
Who Needs 8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: A little here, a little there . . .
Posts: 14,997
Stars Playoff Thread

Pacific Divison is down to the wire and they play the leader ducks tonight. Stars are down 4 points from the ducks and 3 points from the Sharks. It'd be nice for a 5-0 win tonight. Not gonna happen.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960


Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.


Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.


"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill


The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Who Needs 8 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 11:13 AM
.
 
cbrjames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Watauga
Posts: 5,408
I think the choking of the Stars for the playoffs started last night in Colombus.
cbrjames is offline  
post #3 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 11:33 AM
Ultimate X-phoria
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Not now chief, i'm in the fuckin zone
Posts: 19,895
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrjames
I think the choking of the Stars for the playoffs started last night in Colombus.

I can only hope so.
Hollywood is offline  
 
post #4 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 11:45 AM
lol, this place sucks now
 
ClockwrkOrangeS4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: DFWMustangs.net
Posts: 13,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
Pacific Divison is down to the wire and they play the leader ducks tonight. Stars are down 4 points from the ducks and 3 points from the Sharks. It'd be nice for a 5-0 win tonight. Not gonna happen.
so the more goals they score in a game the higher they go in the rankings?

Oh yeah, GO PENS!
ClockwrkOrangeS4 is offline  
post #5 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 02:38 PM
.
 
cbrjames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Watauga
Posts: 5,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
I can only hope so.
You zip it!
cbrjames is offline  
post #6 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 02:49 PM
Something clever
 
ma67cpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: in the house
Posts: 4,019
Yeah the game last night and the blues game where busted. We need to make some changes if we are going passed the first round

ma67cpe is offline  
post #7 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 09:27 PM
MFFL!
 
mustang_marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Carrollton
Posts: 15,423
And they came back with a helluva finish tonight. Stars were down 1-0 and tied the game with 6.1 left in the game...then won it in a shootout. Too bad Anaheim got the 1 pt though...that locks up the division for them.

So now, it looks like our 1st round opponent is either going to be Nashville or Vancouver. At this point, it's Vancouver, but if we overtake San Jose, it'll be Nashville.

Crazy thing this year in the Western Conference....the top 7 teams all have 100 points. I can remember a few years when only 2, maybe 3 teams broke that barrier. Whoever comes out of the West this year will have earned it.
mustang_marc is offline  
post #8 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 09:54 PM
Blessed
 
StangTamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: In the light.
Posts: 7,507
Yeah definately a crazy finish. I am glad we got the 2 points so the Wild didn't have a chance to pass up. I didn't want to play the Ducks the first round. Vancover or Nashville I feel comfortable playing, but I would rather play Nashville. I can see alot of games going, and staying into overtime for several periods with Vancover. I don't want to see the Stars to worn out going into the second round.
StangTamer is offline  
post #9 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 08:12 AM
Something clever
 
ma67cpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: in the house
Posts: 4,019
Yeah good win for the stars last night just for a good boost at least before the playoffs. The canukleheads would be a long grooling series so Im hoping for rashville we should be able to take them

ma67cpe is offline  
post #10 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 10:33 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
They'll need to win tonight and have some serious help in order to win the division. If they had not started out so slow at the start of the season, this wouldn't be an issue.

Its just plain crazy to see teams like Nashville at the top of the Western Conference. The 'new' NHL really has made it easier for smaller market teams to become better by being able to afford talent, however, I think it has come at too big of a price when it comes to TV revenue and fans.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #11 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 10:44 AM
Ultimate X-phoria
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Not now chief, i'm in the fuckin zone
Posts: 19,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
They'll need to win tonight and have some serious help in order to win the division. If they had not started out so slow at the start of the season, this wouldn't be an issue.

Its just plain crazy to see teams like Nashville at the top of the Western Conference. The 'new' NHL really has made it easier for smaller market teams to become better by being able to afford talent, however, I think it has come at too big of a price when it comes to TV revenue and fans.
Dallas can't win the division dumbass. They are down 3 points to Anaheim and 2 to San Jose. They only have one game left.
Hollywood is offline  
post #12 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 10:49 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
Dallas can't win the division dumbass. They are down 3 points to Anaheim and 2 to San Jose. They only have one game left.
Bah, I forgot they played last night. I was watching the Mavs game. That sucks.

They are stuck now with only being able to get as high as the 5th seed so their either going to play Vancouver or Nashville.

Dallas has never had really good regular season success with Vancouver for some reason, but Nashville is just on fire this year. I'll take Nashville over Vancouver.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #13 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 11:03 AM
lol, this place sucks now
 
ClockwrkOrangeS4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: DFWMustangs.net
Posts: 13,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
Dallas can't win the division dumbass. They are down 3 points to Anaheim and 2 to San Jose. They only have one game left.

Even if they score 8 goals in the last game to catapult them into the lead? lmao



GO PENS!!!
ClockwrkOrangeS4 is offline  
post #14 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 06:30 PM
07 TBSS
 
636ryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: FTW
Posts: 1,714
Well im hoping the sabres win tomorrow so that way we get home ice and the Presidents trophy.

07 TBSS mods inc
636ryder is offline  
post #15 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 11:47 PM
Blessed
 
StangTamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: In the light.
Posts: 7,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockwrkOrangeS4
Even if they score 8 goals in the last game to catapult them into the lead? lmao



GO PENS!!!

I think that you have the system confused. The only way goals matter is if two teams are tied in points. Dallas can't catch the Ducks. But, have a chance to catch San Jose if San Jose loses to Vancover and Dallas beats Chicago.


Edit: It looks like Dallas will be playing Vancover. I guess San Jose went into o/t and got another point. This chould be an interesting series. Hopefully not too many o/t's. Go Stars!!
StangTamer is offline  
post #16 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 12:49 AM
lol, this place sucks now
 
ClockwrkOrangeS4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: DFWMustangs.net
Posts: 13,422
I'm not the one confused
ClockwrkOrangeS4 is offline  
post #17 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 12:57 AM
Blessed
 
StangTamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: In the light.
Posts: 7,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockwrkOrangeS4
I'm not the one confused

How so?
StangTamer is offline  
post #18 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 01:02 AM
lol, this place sucks now
 
ClockwrkOrangeS4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: DFWMustangs.net
Posts: 13,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
Pacific Divison is down to the wire and they play the leader ducks tonight. Stars are down 4 points from the ducks and 3 points from the Sharks. It'd be nice for a 5-0 win tonight. Not gonna happen.
hell, maybe I am confused, but this post made no sense to me
ClockwrkOrangeS4 is offline  
post #19 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 01:12 AM
Blessed
 
StangTamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: In the light.
Posts: 7,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockwrkOrangeS4
hell, maybe I am confused, but this post made no sense to me

We were behind 4 points to the Ducks and 3 points to the Sharks. But, it wouldn't matter if we would have won 1-0 or 5-0 because regardless it would have only been 2 points for us and 0 points for the Ducks. But, since we won in overtime we got 2 points and the Ducks got 1. Maybe he was just wanting the Stars to kick the ever living shit out of the Ducks.
StangTamer is offline  
post #20 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 01:14 AM
lol, this place sucks now
 
ClockwrkOrangeS4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: DFWMustangs.net
Posts: 13,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangTamer
We were behind 4 points to the Ducks and 3 points to the Sharks. But, it wouldn't matter if we would have won 1-0 or 5-0 because regardless it would have only been 2 points for us and 0 points for the Ducks.
So I'm not confused, like I said

Personally I think the person that started this thread is the one confused, and thinks he knows more than he actually knows about hockey.
ClockwrkOrangeS4 is offline  
post #21 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 01:35 AM
Blessed
 
StangTamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: In the light.
Posts: 7,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockwrkOrangeS4
So I'm not confused, like I said

Personally I think the person that started this thread is the one confused, and thinks he knows more than he actually knows about hockey.

Ehhh, hockey can be one of the most confusing sports to understand rule wise. The point system is different from any other sport that I know of.
StangTamer is offline  
post #22 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 09:07 AM
lol, this place sucks now
 
ClockwrkOrangeS4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: DFWMustangs.net
Posts: 13,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangTamer
Ehhh, hockey can be one of the most confusing sports to understand rule wise.
only if you're from Texas
ClockwrkOrangeS4 is offline  
post #23 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 11:12 AM
MFFL!
 
mustang_marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Carrollton
Posts: 15,423
I probably wont' be watching any of this series if the writeup in DMN is accurate.

Just an excerpt:

The series will be great for insomniacs. The games in Vancouver will probably start at 9:30 p.m. Dallas time and the teams are prone to overtime. All four games in the series this season were decided by 2-1 scores and both teams were 2-1-1 against each other.

What's more, when Dallas returns home, the two primary available dates at American Airlines are Sunday and Tuesday. The Desperados play at AAC on Monday and there is a concert Wednesday. The Mavericks play the Spurs at 2:30 p.m. Sunday, so that means the transition from a basketball court to an ice rink could mean an 8:30 p.m. start Sunday.

With 20-minute intermissions before playoff overtime and teams playing until somebody wins, there is the chance for some of these games to be decided long past midnight.
mustang_marc is offline  
post #24 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 01:26 PM
duh...duh....duh
 
ceyko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ES BEER
Posts: 9,543
Worth it to watch good hockey, even if on TV. I got seats 9 or so rows back in a corner, my favorite spot...so I'll be going to be at 0100 those nights.

My '03 Sold.
ceyko is offline  
post #25 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 01:30 PM
Something clever
 
ma67cpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: in the house
Posts: 4,019
Good win for the stars today. Bring on the canuks

ma67cpe is offline  
post #26 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 07:19 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
stars are out the 2nd round.
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #27 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 09:11 PM
Blessed
 
StangTamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: In the light.
Posts: 7,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
stars are out the 2nd round.

LIAR!!! Boys get a rope!!
StangTamer is offline  
post #28 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 09:46 PM
Lifer
 
LannyN9NE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Valley Ranch
Posts: 3,205
My Picks for the first round:

Buffalo over New York Islanders
New Jersey over Tampa
Atlanta over New York Rangers
Ottawa over Pittsburg

Calgary over Detriot
Anaheim over Minnesota
Vancover over Dallas
San Jose over Nashville
LannyN9NE is offline  
post #29 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 08:06 AM
Ultimate X-phoria
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Not now chief, i'm in the fuckin zone
Posts: 19,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by LannyN9NE
My Picks for the first round:

Buffalo over New York Islanders
New Jersey over Tampa
Atlanta over New York Rangers
Ottawa over Pittsburg

Calgary over Detriot
Anaheim over Minnesota
Vancover over Dallas
San Jose over Nashville
Thats pretty much how I see it. Except Detroit over Calgary.

Last edited by Hollywood; 04-09-2007 at 09:07 AM.
Hollywood is offline  
post #30 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 08:09 AM
.
 
cbrjames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Watauga
Posts: 5,408
I have to disagree with the West picks.

Detroit over Calgary
Analheim over Minnesota
Dallas over Vancover
And its a toss up between the Sharks and Preds.
cbrjames is offline  
post #31 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 08:13 AM
Something clever
 
ma67cpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: in the house
Posts: 4,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrjames
I have to disagree with the West picks.

Detroit over Calgary
Analheim over Minnesota
Dallas over Vancover
And its a toss up between the Sharks and Preds.

Same here but I think the sharks are going to beat rashville. Have you seen the stars schedule (insert vomit smiley here) Why do they have games at 3:00 in the afternoon

ma67cpe is offline  
post #32 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 08:16 AM
duh...duh....duh
 
ceyko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ES BEER
Posts: 9,543
See, I think with players like Madono and Morrow producing along with the others chipping in, I think we can take Vancouver. We are a slightly different team then we were 3 months ago.

My '03 Sold.
ceyko is offline  
post #33 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 08:41 AM
Sports weenie @ full attn
 
ZYouL8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Laughlin AFB
Posts: 5,638
My expert picks:

Buff over NYI
NJ over TB
NYR over Atl
Ott over Pit

Det over Cal
Minn over Ana
Dal over Van
SJ over Nash

ZYouL8R is offline  
post #34 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 08:47 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma67cpe
Same here but I think the sharks are going to beat rashville. Have you seen the stars schedule (insert vomit smiley here) Why do they have games at 3:00 in the afternoon
Where are you getting your times? The first 4 I read start at 9:00, 8:00, 8:30, & 7:00 locally.

I just want to make sure I have correct times to watch the games.

Last edited by Good_Ole_Red; 04-09-2007 at 08:55 AM.
David is offline  
post #35 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 09:45 AM
Something clever
 
ma67cpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: in the house
Posts: 4,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_Ole_Red
Where are you getting your times? The first 4 I read start at 9:00, 8:00, 8:30, & 7:00 locally.

I just want to make sure I have correct times to watch the games.

I got it from yahoo. It said wed. was a 10:00 Pm start and then game 5 and 7 would be on at 3 in the afternoon during the week. Ihope its wrong

ma67cpe is offline  
post #36 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 09:48 AM
lol, this place sucks now
 
ClockwrkOrangeS4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: DFWMustangs.net
Posts: 13,422
Wow. No respect. LOL


Pittsburgh FTW.
ClockwrkOrangeS4 is offline  
post #37 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 10:15 AM
07 TBSS
 
636ryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: FTW
Posts: 1,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockwrkOrangeS4
Wow. No respect. LOL


Pittsburgh FTW.
I would like to see the pens make it, but unless they can embarrase emery early and jack up thier confidence(like my team did last year) then they probably won't make it. This years playoffs seem to look alot more entertaining than last years, hopefully it will be.

07 TBSS mods inc
636ryder is offline  
post #38 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 11:17 AM
.
 
cbrjames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Watauga
Posts: 5,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockwrkOrangeS4
Wow. No respect. LOL


Pittsburgh FTW.
As much as i like the Pens(2nd fav team), they had bad luck drawing the Sens as their first round foe.

Granted Buttfulo looks like they have a cake walk 1st round, i want my $20 for the 2nd round!
cbrjames is offline  
post #39 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 11:24 AM
lol, this place sucks now
 
ClockwrkOrangeS4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: DFWMustangs.net
Posts: 13,422
Pitt just beat the Sens the other day 3-2. The key to the the series is Pittsburghs power play. If the series stays even strength for long periods of time the result will probably be a Penguin loss in the first round. To be honest I just want them to outlast the Stars, especialy considering the Penguins were the worst team in the NHL last year
ClockwrkOrangeS4 is offline  
post #40 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 12:36 PM
Lifer
 
LannyN9NE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Valley Ranch
Posts: 3,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko
See, I think with players like Madono and Morrow producing along with the others chipping in, I think we can take Vancouver. We are a slightly different team then we were 3 months ago.
I just don't see Luongo going down in the first round after waiting his whole career to play in a playoff series. Defense and goaltending win in the playoffs and outside of Broduer there really hasn't been a better goalie for the past 4-5 years.
LannyN9NE is offline  
post #41 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 12:38 PM
Lifer
 
LannyN9NE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Valley Ranch
Posts: 3,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockwrkOrangeS4
Pitt just beat the Sens the other day 3-2. The key to the the series is Pittsburghs power play. If the series stays even strength for long periods of time the result will probably be a Penguin loss in the first round. To be honest I just want them to outlast the Stars, especialy considering the Penguins were the worst team in the NHL last year
This is going to be probably the most exciting series of the first round. Both teams have the quick strike ability but right now I would give the edge to Ottawa. (Granted the Sens are my favorite team.)
LannyN9NE is offline  
post #42 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 01:15 PM
.
 
cbrjames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Watauga
Posts: 5,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by LannyN9NE
I just don't see Luongo going down in the first round after waiting his whole career to play in a playoff series. Defense and goaltending win in the playoffs and outside of Broduer there really hasn't been a better goalie for the past 4-5 years.
Well, Turco isn't a slouch. I mean, his playoff record sucks balls, and hopefully he will change that this year. He has a pretty decent defence in front of him, and an average puck support squad. I think Dallas has a better D than Vancover, and that will be key. If our offense can just hammer the puck towards the net, Luongo can't stop them all. More SOG's = Dallas wins. Thats just my .02
cbrjames is offline  
post #43 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 01:37 PM
Something clever
 
ma67cpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: in the house
Posts: 4,019
do you think they will hesitate to put smith in if things arent going the way everybody wants?

ma67cpe is offline  
post #44 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 01:39 PM
Lifer
 
LannyN9NE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Valley Ranch
Posts: 3,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrjames
Well, Turco isn't a slouch. I mean, his playoff record sucks balls, and hopefully he will change that this year. He has a pretty decent defence in front of him, and an average puck support squad. I think Dallas has a better D than Vancover, and that will be key. If our offense can just hammer the puck towards the net, Luongo can't stop them all. More SOG's = Dallas wins. Thats just my .02
Turco isn't a slouch by any means but he also tries to do too much. Dallas might have a more skilled defense but the Canucks have more of a physical group. More shots will not nec. mean Dallas will win as Luongo eats that up.
LannyN9NE is offline  
post #45 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 01:39 PM
Lifer
 
LannyN9NE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Valley Ranch
Posts: 3,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma67cpe
do you think they will hesitate to put smith in if things arent going the way everybody wants?
It will be a hard call bc if you put Smith in it is sending more than just a message for that game.
LannyN9NE is offline  
post #46 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 01:47 PM
.
 
cbrjames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Watauga
Posts: 5,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by LannyN9NE
Turco isn't a slouch by any means but he also tries to do too much. Dallas might have a more skilled defense but the Canucks have more of a physical group. More shots will not nec. mean Dallas will win as Luongo eats that up.
I do agree 110% about him trying to do too much. It would help tremendously if he would keep his ass in the net!
cbrjames is offline  
post #47 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 01:49 PM
Something clever
 
ma67cpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: in the house
Posts: 4,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by LannyN9NE
It will be a hard call bc if you put Smith in it is sending more than just a message for that game.

Yeah i hear ya but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do, right

ma67cpe is offline  
post #48 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 01:55 PM
07 TBSS
 
636ryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: FTW
Posts: 1,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrjames
Granted Buttfulo looks like they have a cake walk 1st round, i want my $20 for the 2nd round!
You mean you want to pay me $20 for the 2nd round. Were almost at 100% so as long as don't loose anyone in the 1st round, they're golden.

07 TBSS mods inc
636ryder is offline  
post #49 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 02:11 PM
Lifer
 
Rusty Shackleford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
They'll need to win tonight and have some serious help in order to win the division. If they had not started out so slow at the start of the season, this wouldn't be an issue.

Its just plain crazy to see teams like Nashville at the top of the Western Conference. The 'new' NHL really has made it easier for smaller market teams to become better by being able to afford talent, however, I think it has come at too big of a price when it comes to TV revenue and fans.
started out slow? they won 14 of their first 20 games. some of those six losses may have been OT losses also.

-1970 pontiac lemans, 400ci, th400
-95GTS 44k miles, 281rwhp, 325rwtq, canyon carver
-89LX: 314rwhp, 345lb*ft, cobra disc brake conversion
-97 cobra 27k miles...rearended by some douche, RIP
Rusty Shackleford is offline  
post #50 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 02:13 PM
Lifer
 
Rusty Shackleford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_marc
Crazy thing this year in the Western Conference....the top 7 teams all have 100 points. I can remember a few years when only 2, maybe 3 teams broke that barrier. Whoever comes out of the West this year will have earned it.
thats because of the new point system. when the nhl switched to 4 on 4 for 5 minutes for regular season OT, they began giving the loser a point also. this was never done before. the reason they give the loser a point still is because if both teams were afraid to lose the point in OT, then both teams would play ultra conservative and the game would almost always end in a tie. now it doesn't matter so much because the shootout.

-1970 pontiac lemans, 400ci, th400
-95GTS 44k miles, 281rwhp, 325rwtq, canyon carver
-89LX: 314rwhp, 345lb*ft, cobra disc brake conversion
-97 cobra 27k miles...rearended by some douche, RIP
Rusty Shackleford is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome