J.D. Quinn - "I only took money" - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
J.D. Quinn - "I only took money"

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2825084

Man, what an idiot.

"All I did was take cash. I didn't break any laws and I get kicked off the team, but there's people on the team that are breaking laws and failing drug tests and stuff like that, and there's nobody getting kicked off the team for that type of stuff."

After saying that, Quinn declined to provide details of his allegations about other players, but said it was not necessarily about players on the OU team.

"I was just saying around the country. I wasn't saying it in the context of Oklahoma. There's just people I've heard of doing things."

Sounds like he let the cat out of the bag, but realized he probably violated a deal he had with OU to not talk about the subject. Thats exactly why Rhett Bomar went as far as to not even say a word and issue a "No comment" through a Sam Houston State official.

How OU fans can sit there and say that they are not worried about April 14 is beyond me with all this plus Adrian Peterson and his world's longest test drive.
SVTVenom is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 09:01 PM
Fear the Stashe
 
unkoricky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The C
Posts: 3,227
quinn is an idiot.. but yeah its true alot of big schools are paying off their athletes, its just a matter of gettin caught..

and to see how Quinn did caught, im not suprised how stupid his comments are..


Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
How OU fans can sit there and say that they are not worried about April 14 is beyond me with all this plus Adrian Peterson and his world's longest test drive.
Quote:
Last April, OU said it investigated star running back Adrian Peterson's use of a Lexus from Big Red and found that no violations occurred. Peterson, expected to be a high pick in this month's NFL draft, had wanted to buy the car but changed his mind. He also worked at Big Red, records show.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...s.35bdb26.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.

Last edited by unkoricky; 04-04-2007 at 11:19 PM.
unkoricky is offline  
post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 11:41 PM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly
I will agree, the dude is an idiot and that first comment just proves it, however; you can't tell me that the schools with winning programs don't have something similar going on.
UT doesn't, they just let their players smoke weed, break in to other students apt. and carry firearms in their laps while in a car.
Cartman is offline  
 
post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 11:52 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
UT doesn't, they just let their players smoke weed, break in to other students apt. and carry firearms in their laps while in a car.
Hey, Arkansas just lets their players assault people, drive drunk, hire coaches solely to recruit players, and be verbally abused by their own boosters.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 11:55 PM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Hey, Arkansas just lets their players assault people, drive drunk, hire coaches solely to recruit players, and be verbally abused by their own boosters.
at least drinking is legal, all colleges hire coaches solely to recruit players, and all programs have verbally abusive boosters. and for the bar fight I will throw in the fight b4 the rose bowl that the texas player started and had to say he was sorry for in hopes of no charges being filed. where as mcfadden was not cited and said to be self defense. what about he weed and guns and b&e?
Cartman is offline  
post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 12:05 AM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
at least drinking is legal, all colleges hire coaches solely to recruit players, and all programs have verbally abusive boosters. and for the bar fight I will throw in the fight b4 the rose bowl that the texas player started and had to say he was sorry for in hopes of no charges being filed. where as mcfadden was not cited and said to be self defense. what about he weed and guns and b&e?
Drinking is legal when you:

A. Are 21 and older

B. When you are not operating a motor vehicle

Neither of those conditions occured whenever players from Arkansas were pulled over for DUI.

I know of no college team that has ever gone out and hired a HS coach simply to recruit players. Well, other than Arkansas.

I also know of no school that has had that type of situation occur where a coach was aware of a booster verbally abusing one of his players in that type of fashion and not doing anything about it. WTF type of progam do you run when you allow stuff like that to happen to your 5-Star QB?

Just like you like to say about Texas players and no charges being filed, I'll claim that Houston just had it "swept under the rug" when it comes to McFadden's "Self Defense." All that Walton, Tyson, and Hunt money has to go somewhere, right?

I also believe your boy Cedric Cobbs was busted for pot while at U of A.

I've never claimed that Texas hasn't had its share of incidents with players, you'll never see Mack Brown lie or cheat to win.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 01:39 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Garland
Posts: 744
damn and i went to school with him at garland high
Bignasty is offline  
post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 07:39 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Why is he an idiot? What he stated was absolutely true. He didn't break any laws of Oklahoma or the United States he broke a rule by the NCAA which is a civil matter.

Failing a drug test would indicate a law has been broken in most circumstances. If you test postive for weed in Oklahoma, at some point, you broke the laws in Oklahoma.

And given he's about 6' 5" and 310 pounds I'm not going to argue with him.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 08:28 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly
...give me a break
Wow, wonderful retort. I can see you much the conversationalist.

I'm totally outmatched.


Take your rolling eyes and shove them up your ass.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #10 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 08:32 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly
your comment was so moronic it doesn't warrant a response....

Actually the comment was such you don't have a comeback, idiot.

It's ok, the world needs ditch diggers as well.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #11 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 08:35 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly
haha...whatever you want to think big boy...keep stretching
Wow, three responses (well two, not including the wonderful rolling eyes) and still no substance.

You truly are the "Big Studly", eh?

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #12 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 09:05 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly
yawn
Your powerful arguments have left me totally unable to defend my argument.

Don't open that mouth to wide when you yawn. SVTVenom might stick his orange dick in your mouth. Oh wait, you might just enjoy that.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #13 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 09:30 AM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Big Studly...01WhiteCobra is smarter than you ever will appear to be...

*waits for rolls eyes or one liner (ur an idiotz!)
Nate is offline  
post #14 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 09:49 AM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly
ur an idiotz

you can quit waiting now


I would say stop while you're ahead, but you never were. So please just stop. You're further proving your ignorance with those witty, well thought out replies. Dumbfuck.
bcoop is offline  
post #15 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 10:13 AM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly
hahaha...keep trying
It's you that keeps trying to act like you are smarter/winning this debate (if you call a one sided conversation with a brick wall a debate).
Nate is offline  
post #16 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 10:27 AM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly
I wasn't debating anything...I just stated the obvious
Where did you state obviously that you are a moron...or are we to decipher that from just reading your posts?
Nate is offline  
post #17 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 11:23 AM
Fear the Stashe
 
unkoricky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The C
Posts: 3,227
ya two need to get a room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
unkoricky is offline  
post #18 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 11:49 AM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly
right here


It's official. Your mother should be backhanded in to next week for not swallowing.
bcoop is offline  
post #19 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 12:08 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly
boy, that is a good one!


You couldn't find wit or common sense if it ran you the fuck over, could you?
bcoop is offline  
post #20 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 05:14 PM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Actually the comment was such you don't have a comeback, idiot.

It's ok, the world needs ditch diggers as well.


"i too, have thought about becoming a golf club"
bert89coupe is offline  
post #21 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Why is he an idiot? What he stated was absolutely true. He didn't break any laws of Oklahoma or the United States he broke a rule by the NCAA which is a civil matter.
He's an idiot because he broke a rule he already knew about and understood that it would cause him to be kicked off the team and quite possibly cause OU to have sanctions placed upon them. If you don't agree with the rules or can't abide by them, don't play and put others careers at risk.

Lets not forget the fact that he is basically throwing his former team under the bus and then backtracking on his statements only seconds later.

An idiot takes thousands of dollars while he is in college and then gives up the millions he could have had after he got out of college and played in the NFL.

Quote:
Failing a drug test would indicate a law has been broken in most circumstances. If you test postive for weed in Oklahoma, at some point, you broke the laws in Oklahoma.

And given he's about 6' 5" and 310 pounds I'm not going to argue with him.
While I don't believe he ever tested positive for drugs, I do believe he does have some other arrests in regards to MIP's or public intox.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #22 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 03:21 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
He's an idiot because he broke a rule he already knew about and understood that it would cause him to be kicked off the team and quite possibly cause OU to have sanctions placed upon them. If you don't agree with the rules or can't abide by them, don't play and put others careers at risk.

Lets not forget the fact that he is basically throwing his former team under the bus and then backtracking on his statements only seconds later.

An idiot takes thousands of dollars while he is in college and then gives up the millions he could have had after he got out of college and played in the NFL.

While I don't believe he ever tested positive for drugs, I do believe he does have some other arrests in regards to MIP's or public intox.
So, what you are saying is he is acting like any other 19 year old? If we counted up all the cars and "donations" NCAA football players make you would have more the the GDP of most third world countries. Oh fucking hell, HE DRINKS BEER! SHIT! CALL FUCKING CNN!

JD Quinn is good but I doubt he is NFL good. And you are full of shit... he has never been arrested. He may have received a misdemeanor ticket for MIP but it certainly doesn't equate to an arrest, dumbass.

Oh yea, I forgot. You haven't had any success in football since you were in pee wee league. And being a homer fan of UT... this is certainly much worse than breaking into someone's apartment or smoking a little dope here and there.

Your homerism for UT only pales in comparison to your "The Ticket Host" wannabe persona. You don't know shit about anything but what you read in the papers and you think that makes you some fucking expert. Guess what, everybody else reads the same shit.

And yea, I've known JD for about 12 years. So I know a little something that is going on.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)

Last edited by 01WhiteCobra; 04-07-2007 at 03:31 PM.
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #23 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 12:13 AM
Retired Gun
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 5,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
So, what you are saying is he is acting like any other 19 year old? If we counted up all the cars and "donations" NCAA football players make you would have more the the GDP of most third world countries. Oh fucking hell, HE DRINKS BEER! SHIT! CALL FUCKING CNN!

JD Quinn is good but I doubt he is NFL good. And you are full of shit... he has never been arrested. He may have received a misdemeanor ticket for MIP but it certainly doesn't equate to an arrest, dumbass.

Oh yea, I forgot. You haven't had any success in football since you were in pee wee league. And being a homer fan of UT... this is certainly much worse than breaking into someone's apartment or smoking a little dope here and there.

Your homerism for UT only pales in comparison to your "The Ticket Host" wannabe persona. You don't know shit about anything but what you read in the papers and you think that makes you some fucking expert. Guess what, everybody else reads the same shit.

And yea, I've known JD for about 12 years. So I know a little something that is going on.

Weak......BOOOO!!!
ToRqUeTwIsTeR is offline  
post #24 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 07:15 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToRqUeTwIsTeR
Weak......BOOOO!!!
Coming from your stupid ass I'll take that as a compliment.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #25 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 12:34 AM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
So, what you are saying is he is acting like any other 19 year old? If we counted up all the cars and "donations" NCAA football players make you would have more the the GDP of most third world countries. Oh fucking hell, HE DRINKS BEER! SHIT! CALL FUCKING CNN!

JD Quinn is good but I doubt he is NFL good. And you are full of shit... he has never been arrested. He may have received a misdemeanor ticket for MIP but it certainly doesn't equate to an arrest, dumbass.

Oh yea, I forgot. You haven't had any success in football since you were in pee wee league. And being a homer fan of UT... this is certainly much worse than breaking into someone's apartment or smoking a little dope here and there.

Your homerism for UT only pales in comparison to your "The Ticket Host" wannabe persona. You don't know shit about anything but what you read in the papers and you think that makes you some fucking expert. Guess what, everybody else reads the same shit.

And yea, I've known JD for about 12 years. So I know a little something that is going on.
You sound like every other dumbass that gets caught and says "Well, everyone else is doing it."

He knew the rules, he broke them, and he got busted. Plain and simple.

Its not my fault if everyone else is either clean or is too smart to get around the people that are monitoring the teams. I just find it funny that these guys were stupid enough to get caught and then complain about it.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #26 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 01:24 AM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
You sound like every other dumbass that gets caught and says "Well, everyone else is doing it."

He knew the rules, he broke them, and he got busted. Plain and simple.

Its not my fault if everyone else is either clean or is too smart to get around the people that are monitoring the teams. I just find it funny that these guys were stupid enough to get caught and then complain about it.
what about benson, he got caught, or taylor, or williams?
Cartman is offline  
post #27 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 01:34 AM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
what about benson, he got caught, or taylor, or williams?
Benson spent time in jail, RT got kicked off the team for grades and then subsequently him having pot in his car, and Ricky never got busted for anything until he got to the NFL.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #28 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 06:22 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
You sound like every other dumbass that gets caught and says "Well, everyone else is doing it."

He knew the rules, he broke them, and he got busted. Plain and simple.

Its not my fault if everyone else is either clean or is too smart to get around the people that are monitoring the teams. I just find it funny that these guys were stupid enough to get caught and then complain about it.
He did break the rules dumbass. He did pay the ultimate price dumbass. He will have his restitution paid for this summer dumbass.

No you are just a dumbass wannabe DFWStang reporter that hasn't ever played under the umbrella of the NCAA so wouldn't know anything about it unless you read about it in the paper. Hell I doubt you even played under the UIL umbrella.

And yes, I think it is fucking stupid that other than the clergy or social work, is the only other industry that discourages financial gaina and reward. I also don't act suprised or morally superior when these things happen when dealing with college age kids.

Sure, if rules are in place then you should follow them. But it certainly isn't fair to lump a cheater and law breaker (failed drug test) with someone who didn't break any conceivable law. To put the Bomar/Quinn situation on par with the Miami situation or the USC situation (when Ting failed his steroid test) is stupid. Fact of the matter is not every scandal is on par and not every rule broken is a crime.

What I find total bullshit about the entire pay situation is the NCAA is basically saying, "Yes, we as the NCAA will make money off your name and likeness through TV and the BCS and anything else we can but dammit you cannot make money off your name."

It's also the partisan bullshit the NCAA doles out.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #29 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 05:49 PM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
He did break the rules dumbass. He did pay the ultimate price dumbass. He will have his restitution paid for this summer dumbass.

No you are just a dumbass wannabe DFWStang reporter that hasn't ever played under the umbrella of the NCAA so wouldn't know anything about it unless you read about it in the paper. Hell I doubt you even played under the UIL umbrella.

And yes, I think it is fucking stupid that other than the clergy or social work, is the only other industry that discourages financial gaina and reward. I also don't act suprised or morally superior when these things happen when dealing with college age kids.

Sure, if rules are in place then you should follow them. But it certainly isn't fair to lump a cheater and law breaker (failed drug test) with someone who didn't break any conceivable law. To put the Bomar/Quinn situation on par with the Miami situation or the USC situation (when Ting failed his steroid test) is stupid. Fact of the matter is not every scandal is on par and not every rule broken is a crime.

What I find total bullshit about the entire pay situation is the NCAA is basically saying, "Yes, we as the NCAA will make money off your name and likeness through TV and the BCS and anything else we can but dammit you cannot make money off your name."

It's also the partisan bullshit the NCAA doles out.


ummmmm, so now people have had to play in college in order to talk about college football? Maybe i'm just reading your statement wrong, cause i bet 99.9% of the people in this forum haven't even suited up for a NCAA team.
bert89coupe is offline  
post #30 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 02:26 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
ummmmm, so now people have had to play in college in order to talk about college football? Maybe i'm just reading your statement wrong, cause i bet 99.9% of the people in this forum haven't even suited up for a NCAA team.
No, I'm saying I'm talking from experience.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #31 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 09:18 PM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
No, I'm saying I'm talking from experience.


yeah, but does it count if you were wearing leather helmets and didn't use the forward pass?
bert89coupe is offline  
post #32 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 09:37 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
yeah, but does it count if you were wearing leather helmets and didn't use the forward pass?
LOL. I invented the forward pass.

Actually 81-84.

22 years since college. Wow. Guess I got my 30 year HS reunion coming up shortly. haha.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #33 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 09:40 PM
#4 Best QB Ever
 
That_Is_My_El_Camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 29,339
Damn, that puts you right around my parents' ages.

Hmmmm, how old is/are your daughter(s)?


Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
That_Is_My_El_Camino is offline  
post #34 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 08:06 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino
Damn, that puts you right around my parents' ages.

Hmmmm, how old is/are your daughter(s)?

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #35 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 08:09 AM
#4 Best QB Ever
 
That_Is_My_El_Camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 29,339
I'm not all up-to-date on my pop culture screenshots, so what's that from, To Catch a Predator?


Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
That_Is_My_El_Camino is offline  
post #36 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 08:35 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino
I'm not all up-to-date on my pop culture screenshots, so what's that from, To Catch a Predator?
That's Chris Hansen interviewing That_Is_My_El_Camino on To Catch A Predator.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #37 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 11:39 AM
#4 Best QB Ever
 
That_Is_My_El_Camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 29,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
That's Chris Hansen interviewing That_Is_My_El_Camino on To Catch A Predator.
Motherfuck. They didn't tell me I was going to be on television, or else I would've given a shout out to my family.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
That_Is_My_El_Camino is offline  
post #38 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
He did break the rules dumbass. He did pay the ultimate price dumbass. He will have his restitution paid for this summer dumbass.

No you are just a dumbass wannabe DFWStang reporter that hasn't ever played under the umbrella of the NCAA so wouldn't know anything about it unless you read about it in the paper. Hell I doubt you even played under the UIL umbrella.

And yes, I think it is fucking stupid that other than the clergy or social work, is the only other industry that discourages financial gaina and reward. I also don't act suprised or morally superior when these things happen when dealing with college age kids.

Sure, if rules are in place then you should follow them. But it certainly isn't fair to lump a cheater and law breaker (failed drug test) with someone who didn't break any conceivable law. To put the Bomar/Quinn situation on par with the Miami situation or the USC situation (when Ting failed his steroid test) is stupid. Fact of the matter is not every scandal is on par and not every rule broken is a crime.

What I find total bullshit about the entire pay situation is the NCAA is basically saying, "Yes, we as the NCAA will make money off your name and likeness through TV and the BCS and anything else we can but dammit you cannot make money off your name."

It's also the partisan bullshit the NCAA doles out.
Where did I ever say it was on par with someone breaking the law?

I simply stated the fact that the guy is a freakin moron for saying he shouldn't have gotten punished for breaking rules he knew about before taking the money.

If you don't like the rules or can't abide by them, simply don't play. Simple solution to a simple problem.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #39 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 11:27 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: DFW
Posts: 936
Agreed, I get tired of hearing he is just being a kid. Bullshit! He is being a kid who is getting handed a free education and flushing it down the toilet. Are there worse offenders out there, of course and they should be dealt with also starting with the AD's, coaches, alumni, etc. I am all for college athletes getting some kind of compensation but until that happens deal with the cards in hand. I have no sympathy for the "poor college athlete". Welcome to the real world where rules actually do get inforced sometimes and you pay for your actions. Was I a college athlete, no. I was on my way but a major back injury put a halt to the recruiting and those options. So what did I do? I still went to school and got my degree while working a full time job and paid student loans for 10 years after. Would I have rather played college athletics and gotten a free ride and not had the 10 years of debt pile up? Hell yes and I would have made sure I didn't do anything to blow it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Where did I ever say it was on par with someone breaking the law?

I simply stated the fact that the guy is a freakin moron for saying he shouldn't have gotten punished for breaking rules he knew about before taking the money.

If you don't like the rules or can't abide by them, simply don't play. Simple solution to a simple problem.
dmh165638 is offline  
post #40 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 06:35 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Where did I ever say it was on par with someone breaking the law?

I simply stated the fact that the guy is a freakin moron for saying he shouldn't have gotten punished for breaking rules he knew about before taking the money.

If you don't like the rules or can't abide by them, simply don't play. Simple solution to a simple problem.
Wow... you are a fucking mind reader SVTVenom. A wannabe sports reporter and a mind reader what a wonderful combination!

Where exactly in the article does it say... "I shouldn't have been punished" ?

BigStudly... SWTSU before the name change to Texas State. (sidenote: the stadium in the movie "The Ringer" was Bobcat stadium.)

And no, I didn't take any money that wasn't mine. I worked every summer for 5/hr, 10 hrs a day digging ditches and stringing electrical cable. My dad believes idle hands make for weak minds so if I wasn't in school growing up I was working.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #41 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 11:22 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly
holy crap, I didn't even realize they changed their name! When did they do that? They have a really nice campus...I know if I went to school there, it would have not been for long.
2003 I believe.

But it will always be SWT to me. I stopped in San Macros right before the name change and bought up a bunch of the old school SWT stuff.


My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #42 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 12:24 PM
#4 Best QB Ever
 
That_Is_My_El_Camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 29,339
Texas State Armadillos, FTW!


Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
That_Is_My_El_Camino is offline  
post #43 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 11:28 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Wow... you are a fucking mind reader SVTVenom. A wannabe sports reporter and a mind reader what a wonderful combination!

Where exactly in the article does it say... "I shouldn't have been punished" ?

BigStudly... SWTSU before the name change to Texas State. (sidenote: the stadium in the movie "The Ringer" was Bobcat stadium.)

And no, I didn't take any money that wasn't mine. I worked every summer for 5/hr, 10 hrs a day digging ditches and stringing electrical cable. My dad believes idle hands make for weak minds so if I wasn't in school growing up I was working.
I don't need to be a mind-reader whenever he comes out and states it in the article. He's crying about the fact that he feels he was wronged because other people were doing things he considered to be worse offenses, but they went unpunished while he got kicked off the team and was singled out along with Bomar.

You obviously have strong feelings about the matter since you've stated you know him, but that still doesn't change the fact that the guy is an idiot for doing what he did and then saying he shouldn't have been kicked off the team for what he did.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #44 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 08:32 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
I don't need to be a mind-reader whenever he comes out and states it in the article. He's crying about the fact that he feels he was wronged because other people were doing things he considered to be worse offenses, but they went unpunished while he got kicked off the team and was singled out along with Bomar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
I simply stated the fact that the guy is a freakin moron for saying he shouldn't have gotten punished for breaking rules he knew about before taking the money.
You show me where he said he shouldn't have been punished.

He was talking about the severity of the punishment.

For example, Troy Smith needed to pay restitution and sit out the season opener from accepting money from a booster. Using your logic, rules are rules, he should have been kicked off the team and lose a year of eligibility.

Granted, it appears it was only $500 (yea right), but, hey rules are rules.

Dexter Cambridge, UT basketball player, received a two month suspension for accepting $7000 from a booster. He received a two month suspension and regained eligibility.

The NCAA was originally founded by President Roosevelt in 1906 to reform college football and reduce the number of deaths and injuries. The year before 18 college football players died in games. Some trivia... the forward pass and the 10 yards for a first down were rules modifications from the American Football Rules Committee in 1906. The "Flying Wedge" formation was what prompted the creation of the the NCAA.

Given the over $3 billion a year college athletes generate in NCAA sports every year, the college athlete is the most exploited worker in America.

I'm not sure the figure today, but last time I checked the NCAA restricted the amount earned by student-athletes to $2000 in the academic off-season... and of course, they cannot make any money related to their athletic talents. Want to create a business running football camps? Not if you are a NCAA student athlete!

The NCAA, like most beuracratic bullshit in this country, has outgrown itself. It's time to get back to its original intention... protection of the student athlete.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #45 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-22-2007, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
You show me where he said he shouldn't have been punished.

He was talking about the severity of the punishment.

For example, Troy Smith needed to pay restitution and sit out the season opener from accepting money from a booster. Using your logic, rules are rules, he should have been kicked off the team and lose a year of eligibility.

Granted, it appears it was only $500 (yea right), but, hey rules are rules.

Dexter Cambridge, UT basketball player, received a two month suspension for accepting $7000 from a booster. He received a two month suspension and regained eligibility.

The NCAA was originally founded by President Roosevelt in 1906 to reform college football and reduce the number of deaths and injuries. The year before 18 college football players died in games. Some trivia... the forward pass and the 10 yards for a first down were rules modifications from the American Football Rules Committee in 1906. The "Flying Wedge" formation was what prompted the creation of the the NCAA.

Given the over $3 billion a year college athletes generate in NCAA sports every year, the college athlete is the most exploited worker in America.

I'm not sure the figure today, but last time I checked the NCAA restricted the amount earned by student-athletes to $2000 in the academic off-season... and of course, they cannot make any money related to their athletic talents. Want to create a business running football camps? Not if you are a NCAA student athlete!

The NCAA, like most beuracratic bullshit in this country, has outgrown itself. It's time to get back to its original intention... protection of the student athlete.
Dude, you are talking to the wrong person when it comes to wanting the rules changed. Miles Brand is the guy you need to talk to.

I agree with you that the punishments have not been uniform, but neither have the situations. I totally agree that Troy Smith should have been suspended longer as well as Dwayne Jarrett this past season.

The fact still remains he got caught and is pissed because he got caught.
SVTVenom is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome