Stars vs Trashville - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
MFFL!
 
mustang_marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Carrollton
Posts: 15,423
Stars vs Trashville

Stars up 2-0 very quickly in the 1st period. Halpern had a goal they had to review, but finally allowed and Jokinen just got a goal.
mustang_marc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 06:30 PM
Lifer
 
LannyN9NE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Valley Ranch
Posts: 3,205
2-1 now. Ralph and Razor are sounding like fuckin idiots tho about the whole Pheonix/JR incident in the past tho.
LannyN9NE is offline  
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
MFFL!
 
mustang_marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Carrollton
Posts: 15,423
3-1 Stars at the end of 1.
mustang_marc is offline  
 
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
MFFL!
 
mustang_marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Carrollton
Posts: 15,423
Stars win 4-2! Anaheim won in OT, so they maintain their lead on Dallas. Can't wait for that showdown next week.
mustang_marc is offline  
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 08:54 PM
duh...duh....duh
 
ceyko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ES BEER
Posts: 9,543
Excellent game today. Disappointed but proud at the same time that no...payback...happened with Tootoo. Anyone notice him trip up the ref with his stick at the end of the game? Accident, or at least it appeared that way.

My '03 Sold.
ceyko is offline  
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 08:56 PM
Blessed
 
StangTamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: In the light.
Posts: 7,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by LannyN9NE
2-1 now. Ralph and Razor are sounding like fuckin idiots tho about the whole Pheonix/JR incident in the past tho.

Why? I think it was a great moment in Dallas history as well. It was a hard hit Hatcher put on JR that basically said, this is what happens when you fuck with Modano.
StangTamer is offline  
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 08:58 PM
Blessed
 
StangTamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: In the light.
Posts: 7,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko
Excellent game today. Disappointed but proud at the same time that no...payback...happened with Tootoo. Anyone notice him trip up the ref with his stick at the end of the game? Accident, or at least it appeared that way.

Yeah, it pissed me off when they didn't do anything to Tootoo even after he was taking runs at our guys multiple times during this game. I would have liked to see Barch beat his ass.
StangTamer is offline  
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 04:50 AM Thread Starter
MFFL!
 
mustang_marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Carrollton
Posts: 15,423
I think its all about the importance this game had for Dallas. You may not see any retaliation now, or in the playoffs. But you probably won't want to miss the 1st or 2nd regular season game between these 2 teams next year. That stuff tends to carry over.
mustang_marc is offline  
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 01:16 PM
Something clever
 
ma67cpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: in the house
Posts: 4,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_marc
I think its all about the importance this game had for Dallas. You may not see any retaliation now, or in the playoffs. But you probably won't want to miss the 1st or 2nd regular season game between these 2 teams next year. That stuff tends to carry over.

That is true you dont want anybody getting hurt or suspended this close to playoff time so theyll get him next year when hes not expecting that. I didnt like it though when he shoved lindstrom into the goal. Tootoo is just a pussy player.

ma67cpe is offline  
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 09:24 PM
I'm going Commando
 
RyanB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: 469-323-7873
Posts: 7,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma67cpe
That is true you dont want anybody getting hurt or suspended this close to playoff time so theyll get him next year when hes not expecting that. I didnt like it though when he shoved lindstrom into the goal. Tootoo is just a pussy player.
Who? This has been a great rivalry for years, only going to get better...
RyanB is offline  
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 12:44 AM
Lifer
 
LannyN9NE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Valley Ranch
Posts: 3,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangTamer
Why? I think it was a great moment in Dallas history as well. It was a hard hit Hatcher put on JR that basically said, this is what happens when you fuck with Modano.
A cheap shot to someone's jaw is a great moment in a teams history? Pretty weak team if that is up there.
LannyN9NE is offline  
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 06:03 AM
Something clever
 
ma67cpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: in the house
Posts: 4,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanB
Who? This has been a great rivalry for years, only going to get better...

Sorry I meant nordstrom Same difference

ma67cpe is offline  
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 06:41 AM
07 TBSS
 
636ryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: FTW
Posts: 1,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by LannyN9NE
A cheap shot to someone's jaw is a great moment in a teams history? Pretty weak team if that is up there.
I also think a jiped cup is a pretty weak moment in a teams history...but hey...can't convince these guys of anything.

07 TBSS mods inc
636ryder is offline  
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 10:07 AM
.
 
cbrjames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Watauga
Posts: 5,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by 636ryder
I also think a jiped cup is a pretty weak moment in a teams history...but hey...can't convince these guys of anything.
Just zip it and go ahead and pay me my $20!
cbrjames is offline  
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 10:24 AM
Blessed
 
StangTamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: In the light.
Posts: 7,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by LannyN9NE
A cheap shot to someone's jaw is a great moment in a teams history? Pretty weak team if that is up there.


It wasn't meant to be a cheap shot, just a hard hit. We can't help it if he was made of glass. Basically, if you hurt Modano you're going on IR. Why? Because that' how we roll.
StangTamer is offline  
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 10:27 AM
Blessed
 
StangTamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: In the light.
Posts: 7,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by 636ryder
I also think a jiped cup is a pretty weak moment in a teams history...but hey...can't convince these guys of anything.

Get over it! Regardless if they said the goal wasn't legal and went on with the game, we would have beat you anyway. It was out destiny.
StangTamer is offline  
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 01:20 PM
I'm going Commando
 
RyanB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: 469-323-7873
Posts: 7,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangTamer
Basically, if you hurt Modano you're going on IR. Why? Because that' how we roll.
Haha, did Rusian Salei go on IR when Brett Hull jumped him at reunion? LOLz.... Sticking up for a player is fine. Even crossing the line is sometimes acceptable; Tie Domi once got a suspension and a sizeable fine for sucker punching Ulf Samuelsson, his fine was mysteriously paid and he received cash in envelopes from other players around the NHL. The fact is cheap shots aren't tolerated but hard clean hits have to be dealt with the same way...cleanly. An example of that: Bill Guerin checked a Flames player who was awkward against the boards. Jerome Iginla skated up to geuring and put a stick in his ribs and said, "You know you can't do that." Guerin replied, "OK let me catch my breath." They pairs skated around the ice a bit and then squared off. It wasn't a hate thing, it was two tough guys doing what they do as leaders. Roenick expected payback, took it like a man...Hatcher took his 5 game suspension into the playoffs. Who won? No one.
RyanB is offline  
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 03:02 PM
Lifer
 
LannyN9NE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Valley Ranch
Posts: 3,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangTamer
It wasn't meant to be a cheap shot, just a hard hit. We can't help it if he was made of glass. Basically, if you hurt Modano you're going on IR. Why? Because that' how we roll.
When a player says before the game that he is going to get him and then shatters his jaw with an elbow it is a cheap hit. Then again Hatcher is/was known for dirty hits.
LannyN9NE is offline  
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
MFFL!
 
mustang_marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Carrollton
Posts: 15,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by 636ryder
I also think a jiped cup is a pretty weak moment in a teams history...but hey...can't convince these guys of anything.
The fact that they reviewed the rules after the game doesn't change anything. According to th rules, the goal was legit. Buffalo fans are just mad the refs got the call right!
mustang_marc is offline  
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 07:09 PM
07 TBSS
 
636ryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: FTW
Posts: 1,714
I like teasin you guys. Afingenov is the only big player still outta the lineup, but he might be back sometime during round 1 so we'll be back at full force. Although I think if we meet up with the devils this postseason they might be the end of my team.

07 TBSS mods inc
636ryder is offline  
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 07:12 PM
Lifer
 
LannyN9NE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Valley Ranch
Posts: 3,205
Afinogenov and Connelly are back practicing and should return by this weekend.
LannyN9NE is offline  
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 07:17 PM
07 TBSS
 
636ryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: FTW
Posts: 1,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by LannyN9NE
Afinogenov and Connelly are back practicing and should return by this weekend.
I can't ever spell his name right.

07 TBSS mods inc
636ryder is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome