Stars vs Trashville - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
MFFL!

Stars vs Trashville

Stars up 2-0 very quickly in the 1st period. Halpern had a goal they had to review, but finally allowed and Jokinen just got a goal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 06:30 PM
Lifer

2-1 now. Ralph and Razor are sounding like fuckin idiots tho about the whole Pheonix/JR incident in the past tho.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
MFFL!

3-1 Stars at the end of 1.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
MFFL!

Stars win 4-2! Anaheim won in OT, so they maintain their lead on Dallas. Can't wait for that showdown next week.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 08:54 PM
duh...duh....duh

Excellent game today. Disappointed but proud at the same time that no...payback...happened with Tootoo. Anyone notice him trip up the ref with his stick at the end of the game? Accident, or at least it appeared that way.

My '03 Sold.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 08:56 PM
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LannyN9NE
2-1 now. Ralph and Razor are sounding like fuckin idiots tho about the whole Pheonix/JR incident in the past tho.

Why? I think it was a great moment in Dallas history as well. It was a hard hit Hatcher put on JR that basically said, this is what happens when you fuck with Modano.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 08:58 PM
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko
Excellent game today. Disappointed but proud at the same time that no...payback...happened with Tootoo. Anyone notice him trip up the ref with his stick at the end of the game? Accident, or at least it appeared that way.

Yeah, it pissed me off when they didn't do anything to Tootoo even after he was taking runs at our guys multiple times during this game. I would have liked to see Barch beat his ass.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 04:50 AM Thread Starter
MFFL!

I think its all about the importance this game had for Dallas. You may not see any retaliation now, or in the playoffs. But you probably won't want to miss the 1st or 2nd regular season game between these 2 teams next year. That stuff tends to carry over.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 01:16 PM
Something clever

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_marc
I think its all about the importance this game had for Dallas. You may not see any retaliation now, or in the playoffs. But you probably won't want to miss the 1st or 2nd regular season game between these 2 teams next year. That stuff tends to carry over.

That is true you dont want anybody getting hurt or suspended this close to playoff time so theyll get him next year when hes not expecting that. I didnt like it though when he shoved lindstrom into the goal. Tootoo is just a pussy player.

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 09:24 PM
I'm going Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma67cpe
That is true you dont want anybody getting hurt or suspended this close to playoff time so theyll get him next year when hes not expecting that. I didnt like it though when he shoved lindstrom into the goal. Tootoo is just a pussy player.
Who? This has been a great rivalry for years, only going to get better...
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 12:44 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangTamer
Why? I think it was a great moment in Dallas history as well. It was a hard hit Hatcher put on JR that basically said, this is what happens when you fuck with Modano.
A cheap shot to someone's jaw is a great moment in a teams history? Pretty weak team if that is up there.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 06:03 AM
Something clever

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanB
Who? This has been a great rivalry for years, only going to get better...

Sorry I meant nordstrom Same difference

post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 06:41 AM
07 TBSS

Quote:
A cheap shot to someone's jaw is a great moment in a teams history? Pretty weak team if that is up there.
I also think a jiped cup is a pretty weak moment in a teams history...but hey...can't convince these guys of anything.

07 TBSS mods inc
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 636ryder
I also think a jiped cup is a pretty weak moment in a teams history...but hey...can't convince these guys of anything.
Just zip it and go ahead and pay me my $20!
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 10:24 AM
Blessed

Quote:

It wasn't meant to be a cheap shot, just a hard hit. We can't help it if he was made of glass. Basically, if you hurt Modano you're going on IR. Why? Because that' how we roll.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 10:27 AM
Blessed

Quote:

Get over it! Regardless if they said the goal wasn't legal and went on with the game, we would have beat you anyway. It was out destiny.
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 01:20 PM
I'm going Commando

Quote:
Basically, if you hurt Modano you're going on IR. Why? Because that' how we roll.
Haha, did Rusian Salei go on IR when Brett Hull jumped him at reunion? LOLz.... Sticking up for a player is fine. Even crossing the line is sometimes acceptable; Tie Domi once got a suspension and a sizeable fine for sucker punching Ulf Samuelsson, his fine was mysteriously paid and he received cash in envelopes from other players around the NHL. The fact is cheap shots aren't tolerated but hard clean hits have to be dealt with the same way...cleanly. An example of that: Bill Guerin checked a Flames player who was awkward against the boards. Jerome Iginla skated up to geuring and put a stick in his ribs and said, "You know you can't do that." Guerin replied, "OK let me catch my breath." They pairs skated around the ice a bit and then squared off. It wasn't a hate thing, it was two tough guys doing what they do as leaders. Roenick expected payback, took it like a man...Hatcher took his 5 game suspension into the playoffs. Who won? No one.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 03:02 PM
Lifer

Quote:
It wasn't meant to be a cheap shot, just a hard hit. We can't help it if he was made of glass. Basically, if you hurt Modano you're going on IR. Why? Because that' how we roll.
When a player says before the game that he is going to get him and then shatters his jaw with an elbow it is a cheap hit. Then again Hatcher is/was known for dirty hits.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
MFFL!

Quote:
The fact that they reviewed the rules after the game doesn't change anything. According to th rules, the goal was legit. Buffalo fans are just mad the refs got the call right!
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 07:09 PM
07 TBSS

I like teasin you guys. Afingenov is the only big player still outta the lineup, but he might be back sometime during round 1 so we'll be back at full force. Although I think if we meet up with the devils this postseason they might be the end of my team.

07 TBSS mods inc
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 07:12 PM
Lifer

Afinogenov and Connelly are back practicing and should return by this weekend.
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 07:17 PM
07 TBSS

Quote:
Afinogenov and Connelly are back practicing and should return by this weekend.
I can't ever spell his name right.

07 TBSS mods inc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement