Texas Longhorns Spring Scrimmage Game - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007, 11:58 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Texas Longhorns Spring Scrimmage Game

Just wanted to let all the Texas Longhorns fans know that the Spring Scrimmage Game will be tomorrow at noon out at DKR.

It will be televised live on FSN so if you can't make it out to the 40, you can still see it on the TV.

I'm headed down there here in about 5 hours.

Info on the game and how it will be scored:

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.c...ange_well_id=2

Should be interesting to see how the defensive positions turn out and who will win the QB battle between Sherrod Harris and John Chiles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 10:46 AM

We were there! And by we I mean me and Chris (Bert). Good time but we got very sunburned
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 01:22 PM
I'm going Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by chick2004
We were there! And by we I mean me and Chris (Bert). Good time but we got very sunburned
Mal, I don't see him bragging.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanB
And I am? I was clarifying my 'we'.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 02:38 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanB

lol, about what? getting burnt? fuck no this shit hurts. I'm glad we went, but damn i'm hurting right now.

on the "game"

Colt was Colt, nothing new here. Sherrod and Chiles can run like hell, but need to work on their passing still. Charles didn't play much, but Vondrell looked pretty damn impressive and looks like he could be hard to bring down. Oh, and Kindle is one big mother fucker, but he needs to start showing something on the field before i get too excited about him any further.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 02:40 PM
CEO of......

oh oh oh oh, i forgot one important thing. The chap girls, pom squad and cheerleaders all looked in prime condition
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
oh oh oh oh, i forgot one important thing. The chap girls, pom squad and cheerleaders all looked in prime condition
They were too far away for you to get a good look.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
lol, about what? getting burnt? fuck no this shit hurts. I'm glad we went, but damn i'm hurting right now.

on the "game"

Colt was Colt, nothing new here. Sherrod and Chiles can run like hell, but need to work on their passing still. Charles didn't play much, but Vondrell looked pretty damn impressive and looks like he could be hard to bring down. Oh, and Kindle is one big mother fucker, but he needs to start showing something on the field before i get too excited about him any further.
Colt was freakin NAILS!

Charles didn't play much because he tweaked his ankle a few days earlier so he ran alot less than they had planned.

Chiles' TD run was almost Vince-like with the way he shook those defenders and dragged the last guys into the endzone.

Harris' TD run was almost as nice, but he didn't have to shake anyone, he just blew past everyone.

Whoever wins the #2 QB spot, they are going to get used just like Florida used Tim Tebow last year.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 09:44 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Colt was freakin NAILS!

Charles didn't play much because he tweaked his ankle a few days earlier so he ran alot less than they had planned.

Chiles' TD run was almost Vince-like with the way he shook those defenders and dragged the last guys into the endzone.

Harris' TD run was almost as nice, but he didn't have to shake anyone, he just blew past everyone.

Whoever wins the #2 QB spot, they are going to get used just like Florida used Tim Tebow last year.

you know, i had abunch of idiots sitting behind me. And i swore that if i heard one more "he looks like vince" comment just because i black qb takes off running, i was going to punch them in the fucking face. I got so tired of hearing that shit saturday.

Harris should get the #2 spot, but i don't think they shoud RS Chiles. He's too talented running the ball not to have him out there. Exactly the same way when RT was a freshman. I don't see Chiles playing qb unless it's his senior year. Oh, and those two qb runs came in a scrimmage where the D can't really hit 'em, so let's wait until they do it in an actual game being we all starts sucking each others dick.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
you know, i had abunch of idiots sitting behind me. And i swore that if i heard one more "he looks like vince" comment just because i black qb takes off running, i was going to punch them in the fucking face. I got so tired of hearing that shit saturday.

Harris should get the #2 spot, but i don't think they shoud RS Chiles. He's too talented running the ball not to have him out there. Exactly the same way when RT was a freshman. I don't see Chiles playing qb unless it's his senior year. Oh, and those two qb runs came in a scrimmage where the D can't really hit 'em, so let's wait until they do it in an actual game being we all starts sucking each others dick.
LOL, I hear ya. There will never be another Vince Young, but Chiles sure did his best impersonation of him with that TD run.

I also think Harris will get the #2 spot just from the simple fact that he's had a year with the offense.

I really think Chiles wants to play QB at heart, but he's just there at the wrong time with having Colt there for at least 2 more years, if not 3, and Harris having 4 more years after his red-shirt.

The debate on whether they should red-shirt Chiles or not depends on who you talk to. Personally, if he's not going to take the #2 spot, I say save him and use him next year once Sweed and Pittman are gone as he can play WR with his size/speed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement