Who has your NFL team picked up in Free Agency? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys

Who has your NFL team picked up in Free Agency?

My team is Philly of course....

We picked up....

Takeo Spikes - LB
Kevin Curtis - WR
Bethel Johnson - KR/WR
Kelly Holcomb - QB
Monte Reagor - DT

Eagles also resigned a few key players from the team

Correll Buckhalter - RB
William James - CB
Quintin Mikell - FS
Juqua Thomas - DE

We lost Stallworth, but Curtis should fill in just fine. The O line is still in tact and the running game came on strong last year when they decided to run more with Westbrook and Buck mixing it up.

The biggest addition was Takeo Spkies. The Eagles run D was hurting last year and this is a huge addition. With Jevon Kearse back off injusry and a revamped D line with depth, the front 7 look promising. McNabb back is of coure a huge help. If we can keep the same runn pass ratio we had with Garcia, McNabb will be even more deadly net year. It is the off season and we can all be optomistic.

I am happy with my team so far, how has your team done???

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 02:31 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

My team has done well. Espn and CBSsports ranked them one of the top winners in This years FA. They grabbed two lunch pail guys to do the dirty work in a true 3-4, something they didn't have the personnel to do last year. They added speed at WR, hopefully Lelie can focus and do what he did in his first year at Denver and thats put up over a 1000 yards receiving. I think he's out to prove something instead of being the unhappy cry baby he was his last year in Denver and in Atlanta. Not to mention the Secondary was vastly upgraded.

Nate Clements CB-Impact: Clements gives the 49ers the lockdown cornerback they haven't had since Deion Sanders and Eric Davis manned the corner positions for San Francisco more than a dozen years ago, which also happens to be the last time the 49ers were a Super Bowl team. Having a playmaker of Clements' ability at cornerback changes the complexion of the San Francisco secondary, and gives the Niners two Pro Bowl-caliber corners. In the NFL, Clements is what's referred to as a major upgrade.

Michael Lewis SS-Was a NFC starter in the Pro Bowl in just his third NFL season. Led Philadelphia with 129 tackles and 88 solo tackles in 2004. Career totals include nine interceptions, 10 forced fumbles, six fumbles recovered and six sacks. Like Clements, Lewis will step in immediately as a starter in San Francisco's revamped secondary. He'll give the 49ers the physical presence and improved coverage ability they're looking for at strong safety.

Ashley Lelie WR

Tully Banta-Cain OLB-Possesses good edge pass-rushing skills and a natural ability to get to the quarterback. Is versatile enough to play several positions within the 3-4 system. Another mid-range signing that could pay huge dividends for the 49ers.

Aubrayo Franklin NT-Wide-bodied 320-pounder has the size and strength to occupy blockers and hold ground at the point of attack. Has the technique needed to be a true 3-4 tackle.There probably isn't a nose tackle in this year's draft that can help the 49ers in 2007 as much as Franklin, which makes him an excellent addition to the team's defensive line rotation

Colby Bockwoldt LB

With all their draft picks, they could potentially trade up if need be to add depth or upgrade other weak areas. Needless to say i'm excited to get this season underway. As long as Gore stays healthy, it'll be a good year.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
My team has done well.

Michael Lewis SS-Was a NFC starter in the Pro Bowl in just his third NFL season. Led Philadelphia with 129 tackles and 88 solo tackles in 2004. Career totals include nine interceptions, 10 forced fumbles, six fumbles recovered and six sacks. Like Clements, Lewis will step in immediately as a starter in San Francisco's revamped secondary. He'll give the 49ers the physical presence and improved coverage ability they're looking for at strong safety.

You can thank Philadelphia for Lewis. I really liked his play, but last year he just gave up way too many deep plays against him. He is a beast of a hitter and great in the box. HIs coverage fell off so much last year he reminded me of Roy Williams.......

I hope he works out for you guys though, I really like Lewis! Hit em up 32!

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 02:40 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecobra95
You can thank Philadelphia for Lewis. I really liked his play, but last year he just gave up way too many deep plays against him. He is a beast of a hitter and great in the box. HIs coverage fell off so much last year he reminded me of Roy Williams.......

I hope he works out for you guys though, I really like Lewis! Hit em up 32!

I figure even if he does pull a Roy Williams, he's still an upgrade over Keith Davis who is just as bad, only doesn't make great plays against the run. Hopefully with Mark Roman playing coverage deep, and 2 solid corners, we won't have to worry about Lewis' coverage liability quite as much, although i'm sure it's going to rear it's ugly head occasionally.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 02:42 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

I like the Takeo Spikes pickup by Philly. I've been a fan of his since his rookie year at Cincy. He'll fit right in at Philly in that Defense. You gotta be pumped about that pickup
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 03:56 PM
gear jammer

Being somewhat of a Charger fan, I was glad to see them resign Kris Dielman.

Live..ride..dream

1998 Suzuki TL1000
1983 HD FXSB
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 04:49 PM
Lifer

Booooo Eagles!

Anyways, serious question. Whos going to start for ya'll since Garcia did pretty damned good to close last year? Is McNabb all healed yet?

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 09:01 PM
T-MINUS

Denver
Player, Pos. 2006 Team Designation Contract Length
Dre' Bly, CB Detroit Trade Undisclosed
Daniel Graham, TE New England Unrestricted 5 years
Travis Henry, RB Tennessee Other* 5 years
Montrae Holland, G New Orleans Unrestricted 1 year
Patrick Ramsey, QB N.Y. Jets Other* 2 years
Paul Smith, FB St. Louis Unrestricted Undisclosed
Brandon Stokley, WR Indianapolis *Other 1 year
Dan Wilkinson, DT Miami Trade Undisclosed

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 09:18 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Cowboys:

G/T - Leonard Davis

S - Ken Hamlin

QB - Brad Johnson

Review: Ehh, pretty decent job. Would have been nice to get a CB through F/A, but that can be addressed in the draft. Getting another veteran WR wouldn't have hurt either to add depth and push Patrick Crayton.

Titans:

LB - Ryan Fowler

CB - Nick Harper

S - Bryan Scott

WR - Justin Gage

Review: Bleh. Titans totally whiffed this offseason in addressing their biggest areas of concern - WR and DE while cutting/losing their starting RB and two best WR's in Bennett and Wade. I have no idea what Mike Reinfedlt is doing, but its not working. They had over $40 million in cap room and could have easily re-signed Henry, Bennett, Wade, or all of them along with making additional signings to improve that team and give VY some help. They either have BIG plans for the draft or are just REALLY inept. Either way, I'm not happy about how their offseason has shaped up through the F/A market.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 09:37 PM
Lsx>4.6

Who did the cowboys get?

No more hotrods.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 09:42 PM
Genetically Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
Who did the cowboys get?
Look up.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 09:48 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99
Look up.
Be careful, around here some may take that literally and look straight up while sitting at their computer.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 09:54 PM
Lsx>4.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99
Look up.
I saw it after I posted I just didn't delete my comment.

No more hotrods.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007, 06:49 AM Thread Starter
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BAD06
Booooo Eagles!

Anyways, serious question. Whos going to start for ya'll since Garcia did pretty damned good to close last year? Is McNabb all healed yet?

Garcia did well because the team changed the play calling and stepped up all around. He managed the games well and I will always remember the run they had with him in there.

But comparing Garcia to McNabb is ridiculous. The first 6 game so fthe season McNabb was on pace to break all kinds of records for that year. He was playing great at the time. The team relied on the pass WAAAAAAAY too much and solely on McNabb to win games for them. Hence they faltered a bit before his injury.

Once McNabb went down the running game was called upon, and answered the call! The last half of the season it was 50/50 run pass instead of 65-70% passing with McNabb. The team knew they all had to go out and win, not just rely on the #1 offense at the time with McNabb.

Reports are saying that McNabb will be ready to go at the season opener. If he is not, AJ Feeley will be the starter on opening day. I personally can not wait to have a balanced running and passing attack with McNabb under center......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement