A&M - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-23-2007, 06:04 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Angry A&M

Acie Law went 6 of 17... Not a good way to get yourself noticed by NBA scouts.

The entire TEAM scored just 22 in the second half.

Memphis was just flat out better, particularly on Defense. Would have been nice to creep into the final four, but it was nice while it lasted. Thanks Ags for a fun season (and actually getting me to pay attention to college bball for the first time).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-23-2007, 06:56 AM
UFO Club Member

I was at the Fox and the Hound and the Aggies had a party there and were all watching it upstairs. When Acie Law blew that layup that whole place got pissy. Talk about Gig'Em these people were piiiiiised.

WHOOOOOP!!!!!!

"I Approve This Message"
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-23-2007, 07:54 AM
Ultimate X-phoria

The Aggies loss was very damaging to my bracket. Not done yet, but very damaging.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-23-2007, 08:02 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

helped me.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-23-2007, 08:13 AM
Lifer

Im very happy with how the Ag's played all year, this was not our best game for sure, Acie missing the layup, then allowing memphis all those offensive rebounds....we didnt deserve to win.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-23-2007, 08:34 AM
Time Served

It was a great game and very entertaining to watch. Give the kid from Memphis some credit he hit some clutch FT's. How does everyone feel about the clock conflict at the end taking 1.1 seconds off at the end? The right or wrong call? Would the 1 second have mattered?
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-23-2007, 08:41 AM
Is it cold in here?

I didn't think they were as good as Memphis, but they hung with them the whole game. I was thinking Memphis was gonna win by 10+ points.

[email protected] on some 275 60's!
http://media.putfile.com/Neely-tulsa-final-round001
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-23-2007, 11:36 AM
Lifer

That was one of the better games I have seen in the tournament this year. The only part that sucked was the final score.

I just wish there had not been a controversial calll by the refs at the end.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-23-2007, 05:35 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly
That was a great game...probably will end up being the best game of the tourney. I was wondering how that call on the clock was going to play out. The announcers kept talking about tenths of a second, but I wasn't sure. If you watched the replay, the ball hit the memphis' players hand and bounced on the floor, inbounds, then took a high hop and continued on and landed out of bounds at the scorers table. When do you consider the ball out of bounds? When it crosses the plane of the out of bounds line (like a touchdown in football) or when it comes in contact with something out of bounds. If it is when it crosses the line, the refs blew the call, if it is when it contacts something out of bounds, the refs were correct. I think it is the latter because you often see players jump over the line from inbounds, cross the line to grab the ball and throw it back in bounds and not be called out of bounds. I don't know the rule though. Aggs made a good run this year, nothing to be ashamed of. Take solice in knowing Texas is going to suck next year without Durant.
It when it comes in contact with something other than a player.

There are many times you'll see the ball cross the plane just to have some one (in bounds) scoop it up, or throw it at the opposing team player to get the ball to hit them then go out of bounds.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 09:21 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

They definately didn't play as well as they could have, but they just played a team that has been HOT for a while now and has just been at peak play at the right time of the season.

For some reason I have had really great success with the South bracket and have it perfect so far. I have Ohio St. beating Memphis to move on into the Final Four.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 12:55 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly
Take solice in knowing Texas is going to suck next year without Durant.

you sound so sure of that. Texas will be just fine with or without Durant next year. I mean, i know you along with everybody else in the big12 are praying like hell that he leaves Just worry about your team that's losing 3 seniors now and possibly a coach.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 12:57 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird
Thanks Ags for a fun season (and actually getting me to pay attention to college bball for the first time).

not trying to bash anyone here, but that almost describes EVERY aggy basketball "fan" this year. And from some comments i've heard and read, i think i'm right.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 04:05 PM
Along for the ride

The clock was probably called correctly, and either way did not affect the outcome of the game. I thought coming into the game we were the better team. Acie Law misses an easy lay up with 45 seconds left and we give them 5 shot attempt to win the game at the end before fouling. Acie Law makes that lay up or we actually get a rebound at the end and the clock wouldn't have mattered.

Bert, I've been a BIG college basketball fan since I was about 10 years old in 1990. Filled out a bracket every year and always watch the games. I think it's the most fun and exciting sport to watch, especially March Madness. This is not the case for a lot of Ags out there, but there is nothing wrong with getting excited about the program for the first time once it starts getting good. There's not really a lot to post up or talk about when you're 0-16 in the big 12. It's very exciting to see the program turning itself around. Hopefully it will continue.

And yes, hopefully we can keep Billy Clyde here for a long time. The Kentucky job is one of the most desirable in the country. There are a lot of coaches (including Texas's Rick Barnes) who will be up for that job. As well as Billy Clyde knows Texas High School basketball and can recruit, I would really love to see him stay in Aggieland.

I'm proud of my Ags for the season they had. I hope we can build on what we did this year for next season. Even with Law and A.K. leaving we should have a very solid team.

Gig 'em.

'92 Emerald Green Mustang LX Hatch 5.0
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 08:04 PM
American Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cammer97
The clock was probably called correctly, and either way did not affect the outcome of the game. I thought coming into the game we were the better team. Acie Law misses an easy lay up with 45 seconds left and we give them 5 shot attempt to win the game at the end before fouling. Acie Law makes that lay up or we actually get a rebound at the end and the clock wouldn't have mattered.

Bert, I've been a BIG college basketball fan since I was about 10 years old in 1990. Filled out a bracket every year and always watch the games. I think it's the most fun and exciting sport to watch, especially March Madness. This is not the case for a lot of Ags out there, but there is nothing wrong with getting excited about the program for the first time once it starts getting good. There's not really a lot to post up or talk about when you're 0-16 in the big 12. It's very exciting to see the program turning itself around. Hopefully it will continue.

And yes, hopefully we can keep Billy Clyde here for a long time. The Kentucky job is one of the most desirable in the country. There are a lot of coaches (including Texas's Rick Barnes) who will be up for that job. As well as Billy Clyde knows Texas High School basketball and can recruit, I would really love to see him stay in Aggieland.

I'm proud of my Ags for the season they had. I hope we can build on what we did this year for next season. Even with Law and A.K. leaving we should have a very solid team.

Gig 'em.
Well said. Clyde better keep his ass at A&M!

BCG will be ready next year. They will be at least 8 deep with BCG recruits or recruits he had to save from the previous coaching staff. Sure, we will not have Law but Donald Sloan will be much better next season. We've also got a nice 7 footer coming in that could do some damage next year too. Next season can't get here soon enough!

"I don't have a problem with anger, I have a problem with idiots!"
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 07:11 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

With the Kentucky job open, we'll see if A&M can convince Clyde to build a "Texas Basketball dynasty", which according to Greggo on the ticket,is what he wants to do. Problem is, he knows that Basketball will always take a backseat to Football at A&M, but that can be said just about to any of the major schools in Texas. But he could make Basketball a major sport in Texas' Colleges in a matter of years between the combined efforts of Barnes, Knight, and himself.

No matter how you feel about A&M, I think any fan of Basketball and Texas sports will want Clyde to stay.

BTW: I don't remember much from the game thursday night because of the influence of beer. And I think I'd rather keep it that way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement