big12 awards announced - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
big12 awards announced

http://www.big12sports.com/sports/m-...030407aac.html




on a side note, today the AP selected Rick Barnes as Big12 coach of the year
bert89coupe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 09:15 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Wichita Kansas
Posts: 1,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
http://www.big12sports.com/sports/m-...030407aac.html




on a side note, today the AP selected Rick Barnes as Big12 coach of the year
WOW..what a bunch of BS to give Durant POY and FOY, he was FOY for sure but Acie was POY. And BG was Big 12 COY not rick Barnes!!
shrp88lx's is offline  
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 10:16 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn
 
ZYouL8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Laughlin AFB
Posts: 5,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrp88lx's
WOW..what a bunch of BS to give Durant POY and FOY, he was FOY for sure but Acie was POY. And BG was Big 12 COY not rick Barnes!!
Not sure how you'd give Acie POY in Big 12 play seeing as how KD is the best player in the country, period.

ZYouL8R is offline  
 
post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 12:10 AM Thread Starter
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrp88lx's
WOW..what a bunch of BS to give Durant POY and FOY, he was FOY for sure but Acie was POY. And BG was Big 12 COY not rick Barnes!!


will you please comrehend what i write before making an AGGY statement like that. The AP has their own choice for COY and the big12 coaches pick their own coy. BG was the coaches pick and the AP was Barnes, get it right. Even though Barnes did more with less, but i'll save that for later.

oh, and maybe if Acie would play the first half of games or some D maybe he would've won POY. It sucks watching Durant get, big12 POY,ROY, first team D, first team all big12 AND all big12 rookie team doesn't it?

OH, and he'll also win NATIONAL poy, it's nice to be mr. Kevin Durant right now.


Acie is good, it just sucks for him he had a badass year in the year of Durant.
bert89coupe is offline  
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 06:41 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
Acie is good, it just sucks for him he had a badass year in the year of Durant.
Not to mention Durant as a freshmen. Acie is old news. Durant is some new hype but I doubt after he get national POY honors Texas will have him for much longer.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 07:08 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Wichita Kansas
Posts: 1,507
POY has alot more to do with it than just being a scoring freak.
shrp88lx's is offline  
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrp88lx's
POY has alot more to do with it than just being a scoring freak.


do you know what you're talking about or just still mad that Acie didn't get the award?




01whitecobra- i think if texas makes a deep run into the tourny, that might help Durant see what can happen next year and want to come back. I think that's the ONLY way he would come back, but i'm not counting on it. He says he loves the college life, so we'll see. I'm going to say he's going pro until the deadline passes and he can't go pro. I heard "i'm 99% sure i'm coming back" too much from T.J. Ford
bert89coupe is offline  
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 01:45 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrp88lx's
POY has alot more to do with it than just being a scoring freak.

i didnt see acie on the all-defensive team... i mean... POY has a lot more to do with just hitting clutch 3 pointers

acie is good... really good. but durant still owns him.

which would you rather build your team around between the two??
davidaustin is offline  
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
you can read here how he's not JUST a scoring freak


http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/column...ndy&id=2789411
bert89coupe is offline  
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 03:38 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Wichita Kansas
Posts: 1,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidaustin
i didnt see acie on the all-defensive team... i mean... POY has a lot more to do with just hitting clutch 3 pointers

acie is good... really good. but durant still owns him.

which would you rather build your team around between the two??
We will see which of the two can carry their teams further in the tourney!!!!!
shrp88lx's is offline  
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 03:52 PM
Is it cold in here?
 
spankustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Missouri
Posts: 7,371
Acie is a better player IMO!!


[email protected] on some 275 60's!
http://media.putfile.com/Neely-tulsa-final-round001
spankustang is offline  
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 04:10 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrp88lx's
We will see which of the two can carry their teams further in the tourney!!!!!
so that defines the best player lol

i would expect A&Ms experience and cohesiveness to take them further than UT.

A&M has a better TEAM. UT has the better individual star.

so im assuming you would in fact build your team around acie??
davidaustin is offline  
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 05:03 PM
American Idol
 
Moose Jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: F**k land I'm on a boat motherf****r!
Posts: 2,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidaustin
so that defines the best player lol

i would expect A&Ms experience and cohesiveness to take them further than UT.

A&M has a better TEAM. UT has the better individual star.

so im assuming you would in fact build your team around acie??
College team - I would build around someone like Law. It's hard to build around someone like Durant in college. If it wasn't for the new NBA rule we all know where he would be.

Pro team - Durant for sure.

"I don't have a problem with anger, I have a problem with idiots!"
Moose Jr is offline  
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 05:10 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Jr
College team - I would build around someone like Law. It's hard to build around someone like Durant in college. If it wasn't for the new NBA rule we all know where he would be.

Pro team - Durant for sure.

yeah, thats fair... but thats not what the POY takes into consideration.

im talking all things equal right now from this year forward... if you could have one or the other which would you take.

like i said above... acie is really really good. but hes not durant good.
davidaustin is offline  
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 05:27 PM
American Idol
 
Moose Jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: F**k land I'm on a boat motherf****r!
Posts: 2,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidaustin
yeah, thats fair... but thats not what the POY takes into consideration.

im talking all things equal right now from this year forward... if you could have one or the other which would you take.

like i said above... acie is really really good. but hes not durant good.
You mean if Durant was guaranteed to stay 4 years in college? It's not reality, but I would take Durant. I mean, he's an abosulte scoring machine and you can teach guys to play better defense. It would be really nice to have someone like Acie along side him though. Maybe the Celtics or Memphis will take note when NBA draft time comes around. Although, I believe Law will be drafted before the 2nd round. It would be something to see them on the same team in the pro's.

"I don't have a problem with anger, I have a problem with idiots!"
Moose Jr is offline  
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Jr
You mean if Durant was guaranteed to stay 4 years in college? It's not reality, but I would take Durant. I mean, he's an abosulte scoring machine and you can teach guys to play better defense. It would be really nice to have someone like Acie along side him though. Maybe the Celtics or Memphis will take note when NBA draft time comes around. Although, I believe Law will be drafted before the 2nd round. It would be something to see them on the same team in the pro's.


why do all aggy's think he can't play D??

like david said, just because you make a few clutch 3pointers doesn't make you POY. Apparently all that does is get you on the first team ballot unaminously.
bert89coupe is offline  
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 10:35 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn
 
ZYouL8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Laughlin AFB
Posts: 5,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Jr
You mean if Durant was guaranteed to stay 4 years in college? It's not reality, but I would take Durant. I mean, he's an abosulte scoring machine and you can teach guys to play better defense. It would be really nice to have someone like Acie along side him though. Maybe the Celtics or Memphis will take note when NBA draft time comes around. Although, I believe Law will be drafted before the 2nd round. It would be something to see them on the same team in the pro's.
He's one of the best damn defenders in the conference.

ZYouL8R is offline  
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 06:57 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Wichita Kansas
Posts: 1,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
why do all aggy's think he can't play D??

like david said, just because you make a few clutch 3pointers doesn't make you POY. Apparently all that does is get you on the first team ballot unaminously.
and why do all tsips think all Acie does is 3's......
shrp88lx's is offline  
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 08:22 AM
Retired Gun
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 5,159
Durant is the complete player.....and has had sports writers/announcers call him the best player possibly in the NCAA.

I think it hits home to all of the Aggs and they can't stand it.
ToRqUeTwIsTeR is offline  
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 09:16 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrp88lx's
and why do all tsips think all Acie does is 3's......
and why do aggies think durant is just a scoring freak?

my original point was that durant made moth offense and defense honors

acie only made offense.

hes much more of a complete player than acie

Last edited by davidaustin; 03-08-2007 at 12:44 PM.
davidaustin is offline  
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrp88lx's
and why do all tsips think all Acie does is 3's......


i never said that's all he does, just said maybe if he played some D he would have been POY. Am i wrong?
bert89coupe is offline  
post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 01:49 PM
Is it cold in here?
 
spankustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Missouri
Posts: 7,371
All I say is:
If I had to choose a player to win the game with only a few seconds left in the game. I'm taking Acie!!!


[email protected] on some 275 60's!
http://media.putfile.com/Neely-tulsa-final-round001
spankustang is offline  
post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 02:20 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn
 
ZYouL8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Laughlin AFB
Posts: 5,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankustang
All I say is:
If I had to choose a player to win the game with only a few seconds left in the game. I'm taking Acie!!!
What about for the other 39 minutes?

ZYouL8R is offline  
post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankustang
All I say is:
If I had to choose a player to win the game with only a few seconds left in the game. I'm taking Acie!!!


because you don't think Durant can do it or that's the only highlights you've seen from Acie Law?

and why do all the aggy's put "!" after each of their sentences? It's like they do that so we all know that they really mean it LOL
bert89coupe is offline  
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 02:33 PM
Is it cold in here?
 
spankustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Missouri
Posts: 7,371
HAHA
I'm a KU fan, but I have seen most of the teams in the Big 12.
And I never said Durant wasn't a great player. BUT, Law is a bigger go-to guy to me, than KD.


[email protected] on some 275 60's!
http://media.putfile.com/Neely-tulsa-final-round001
spankustang is offline  
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankustang
HAHA
I'm a KU fan, but I have seen most of the teams in the Big 12.
And I never said Durant wasn't a great player. BUT, Law is a bigger go-to guy to me, than KD.

it makes sense now, if Augustin would've been able to get that rebound with 11sec. left to Durant and he drains it to beat KU, THEN he would get your vote for POY. i gotcha now buddy
bert89coupe is offline  
post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 03:12 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 398
Of course he would have THEN.....I believe you pretty much hit it on the head bert89coupe
WhoaTX5.0 is offline  
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 03:18 PM
Is it cold in here?
 
spankustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Missouri
Posts: 7,371
Yea whatever
We'll see who goes farther in the tournament!! In the end, that's all that matters anyway!!


[email protected] on some 275 60's!
http://media.putfile.com/Neely-tulsa-final-round001
spankustang is offline  
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 05:22 PM
American Idol
 
Moose Jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: F**k land I'm on a boat motherf****r!
Posts: 2,888
I think I clearly said "better" D. I did not say he couldn't play defense. Jesus Christ!

"I don't have a problem with anger, I have a problem with idiots!"
Moose Jr is offline  
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-09-2007, 08:22 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Wichita Kansas
Posts: 1,507
Im off to tonights games, I am takiing my 12 yr old son , I scored some great tickets in sect 103 for face value!!!! Cant wait to see Ags and UT!!!
shrp88lx's is offline  
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-09-2007, 02:02 PM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidaustin
i didnt see acie on the all-defensive team... i mean... POY has a lot more to do with just hitting clutch 3 pointers

acie is good... really good. but durant still owns him.

which would you rather build your team around between the two??

LOL you think Durant will be there long enough to build anything around him? If he is smart he'll be in the NBA as soon as he can. If not for a dippy rule he'd be in the NBA right now.
Pro Trash is offline  
post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-09-2007, 02:13 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
LOL you think Durant will be there long enough to build anything around him? If he is smart he'll be in the NBA as soon as he can. If not for a dippy rule he'd be in the NBA right now.
you guys keep bringing in the 'stay around factor'

and i keep saying... ALL THINGS EQUAL... which would you take. POY isnt about whos going to stay or go... its about the BEST player.

lol... i should make a poll question to get a real breakdown. so far every A&M fan on here would take Acie over Durant LOL.

on another big12 note... TTech is getting OWNED by KState

would be interesting to have the big12 final 4 be Kansas vs Kstate and Texas vs A&M

Last edited by davidaustin; 03-09-2007 at 02:48 PM.
davidaustin is offline  
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-09-2007, 07:04 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 927
wow... OSU upsets A&M

i cant believe A&M didnt call their last timeout to run a set play
davidaustin is offline  
post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-10-2007, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
some of yall act like the aggy players stayed their all 4 years cause they wanted to. They stayed their because they HAD to, nobody was going to draft them if they came out. If Acie could have, he would've been gone after his sophomore year.


oh, and the ags better play better than last night or they can stop all that "the tourny is all that matters" talk.
bert89coupe is offline  
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-10-2007, 07:10 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn
 
ZYouL8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Laughlin AFB
Posts: 5,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrp88lx's
Im off to tonights games, I am takiing my 12 yr old son , I scored some great tickets in sect 103 for face value!!!! Cant wait to see Ags and UT!!!
Hope you sold those!

ZYouL8R is offline  
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 09:42 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Aggies saying Acie Law is better than Kevin Durant is like saying Reggie McNeal was better than Vince Young.
SVTVenom is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome