Benson will get his chance to shine - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Benson will get his chance to shine

since the player he couldn't beat out is now gone.

Jones will go to the Jets for a second-round draft pick if he passes a physical. A person familiar with the trade told The Associated Press the Jets will give up the 37th overall spot, which it obtained from Washington, for Jones, and will get Chicago's second-rounder, No. 63.

Jones rushed for 1,210 yards and six touchdowns and had a big postseason for Chicago. The Jets have been looking for a No. 1 running back since Martin was sidelined a year ago by knee problems. Martin is expected to retire.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 12:06 AM
Lifer

I still think Jones is a better back, but you can't have two highly paid players at the RB position. Looks like it could work out for both of them.
post #3 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 12:56 AM
Fear the Stashe

venom in

to explain Benson won the #1 RB spot because he is GOD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.

post #4 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 09:05 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Lovie finally figured it out and Jones couldn't handle the heat he was getting from Benson. I just wish the Titans could have gotten in on this deal because they could have made as good of an offer or better since they now have let Travis Henry go to the Broncos.
post #5 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 09:12 PM
dead

these backs work best in a 2 back system IMO. i dont expect either to be making any waves next season by themselves.
post #6 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 10:17 PM
Time Served

i can see the bears picking up jamal lewis to help resolidify the rb spot
post #7 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 10:33 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignasty
i can see the bears picking up jamal lewis to help resolidify the rb spot

well the Browns ruiened that statement
post #8 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 02:11 AM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Lovie finally figured it out and Jones couldn't handle the heat he was getting from Benson. I just wish the Titans could have gotten in on this deal because they could have made as good of an offer or better since they now have let Travis Henry go to the Broncos.
lovie knows he might be going else where soon and did what the GM wanted and cut some salary.
post #9 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 10:03 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
lovie knows he might be going else where soon and did what the GM wanted and cut some salary.
Seeing as how Lovie just signed a 4-year $22 million dollar deal with the Bears, I don't think that was the reason.

Thomas Jones was starting to be over-taken by Benson and obviously was not happy with splitting carries. The Bears invested in Benson because they figured Jones was just a transition player and was not a long-term solution. That was obvious by the fact that Jones wanted to re-negotiate with a year left on his contract and the Bears declining and Benson being named the starter, but having a pre-season injury knock him back down.

Benson is more than capable of being the starting back and should prove to be as good or better than Jones, despite him not even having a year's worth of starting experience.
post #10 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 02:25 AM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Seeing as how Lovie just signed a 4-year $22 million dollar deal with the Bears, I don't think that was the reason.

Thomas Jones was starting to be over-taken by Benson and obviously was not happy with splitting carries. The Bears invested in Benson because they figured Jones was just a transition player and was not a long-term solution. That was obvious by the fact that Jones wanted to re-negotiate with a year left on his contract and the Bears declining and Benson being named the starter, but having a pre-season injury knock him back down.

Benson is more than capable of being the starting back and should prove to be as good or better than Jones, despite him not even having a year's worth of starting experience.
but yet he couldn't beat out jones. what does that say about benson. if you are correct about jones being a transition player and only lost his starting job due to trade, then benson is ???
post #11 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 02:45 AM
Mavs Fan For Life!

Quote:
.... then benson is ???
a really good former college running back...in the NFL he is just a role RB. He can not be a feature back of an offense. Maybe if the QB and WR's were badass, which da Bears dont have, he might get by with his mediocre skill. Benson needs another solid running back to be a productive runner in the NFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Gifs at Giftube.com
post #12 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefehbk
a really good former college running back...in the NFL he is just a role RB. He can not be a feature back of an offense. Maybe if the QB and WR's were badass, which da Bears dont have, he might get by with his mediocre skill. Benson needs another solid running back to be a productive runner in the NFL.
you sir are correct.
post #13 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 06:09 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
you sir are correct.

to you, of course he is. He could've said next year Vince will bomb and you would say the same thing. I think if Bensen can stay injury free, he'll prove he can be back there. He's not some small scrawny back trying to make it in the NFL, he's a big dude that has gotten injured on a cut back. That can happen to anybody
post #14 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 07:54 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
to you, of course he is. He could've said next year Vince will bomb and you would say the same thing. I think if Bensen can stay injury free, he'll prove he can be back there. He's not some small scrawny back trying to make it in the NFL, he's a big dude that has gotten injured on a cut back. That can happen to anybody
But his problem so far is he can not stay healthy, and that is obviously a huge factor in becoming a featured back.
post #15 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 10:36 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by LannyN9NE
But his problem so far is he can not stay healthy, and that is obviously a huge factor in becoming a featured back.

that's why i said we should wait and see what he does during an injury free season. After that i'll give my final answer on him. He just needs to realize he's not as big as Rickey and stay away from ALWAYS trying to run over folks.
post #16 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 02:55 AM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Quote:
that's why i said we should wait and see what he does during an injury free season. After that i'll give my final answer on him. He just needs to realize he's not as big as Rickey and stay away from ALWAYS trying to run over folks.
he couildn't beat out the smaller back jones. that is how good he is....lol
post #17 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 10:23 AM
CEO of......

Quote:

he ain't that much smaller, we're not talking about FELIX jones here, cartman.
post #18 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 06:32 PM
Lifer

Quote:
You guys make valid arguements on both sides. I have more of a question than a statement.... Wasnt CB drafted because TJ wasnt producing? It seemed that it took TJ's job being on the line before he started running well again. Also, all season long there were reports that CB would be getting more and more carries and would eventually split the carries evenly between the two as Cedric was starting to run better each game. Seems more teams are going with the duel running back combos.
post #19 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 09:40 PM
Fear the Stashe

Benson was cocky coming into the NFL...Injuries, shit talking , holdouts led him to being 2nd string for two years behind Thomas Jones..

If you draft a guy in your top 5, he should be starting from day 1 imo..CB didnt earn anything from what i've seen, TJ just left and now the spot is open for Benson to start..

It'd be funny if the Other Adrian Peterson beats him out at training camp this year

But i think Benson will be a good back in the NFL.

Quote:
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
post #20 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-TOPPS5.0
You guys make valid arguements on both sides. I have more of a question than a statement.... Wasnt CB drafted because TJ wasnt producing? It seemed that it took TJ's job being on the line before he started running well again. Also, all season long there were reports that CB would be getting more and more carries and would eventually split the carries evenly between the two as Cedric was starting to run better each game. Seems more teams are going with the duel running back combos.
dual rbs are where it is at. miami showed them how to do it two years ago and NO followed suit now everybody is wanting to do it.
post #21 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 02:17 PM
Lifer

Quote:
dual rbs are where it is at. miami showed them how to do it two years ago and NO followed suit now everybody is wanting to do it.
On that note..... do you guys think anybody will surpass Smith for all time rushing yards? Now that alot of teams are going with two RBs.
post #22 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 02:55 PM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
On that note..... do you guys think anybody will surpass Smith for all time rushing yards? Now that alot of teams are going with two RBs.
LT is on good pace and has great durability..

Quote:
post #23 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 09:17 PM
Lifer

Quote:
LT is the only one IMO that would have shot at it in the NFL today.
post #24 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 09:31 PM
CEO of......

Quote:

sure, Miami started it let me guess, Arkansas started it in College football
post #25 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 10:57 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
but yet he couldn't beat out jones. what does that say about benson. if you are correct about jones being a transition player and only lost his starting job due to trade, then benson is ???
He had Jones beat out for the job this year until he had a shoulder injury in training camp. It was obvious by the end of the season that Benson had overtaken Jones and both the coaching staff and fans knew it.

No college RB is going to come in during his first year and supplant a 1,000+ NFL yard rusher.
post #26 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 11:08 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
sure, Miami started it let me guess, Arkansas started it in College football
He probably considers Matt Jones to be the first dual-threat QB in college too.
post #27 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 01:09 AM
Lifer

Quote:
He had Jones beat out for the job this year until he had a shoulder injury in training camp. It was obvious by the end of the season that Benson had overtaken Jones and both the coaching staff and fans knew it.
Not to sure about all of that. According to the NFL network at the beggining of the season, CB got the starting job because TJ didnt show up to some kind of mini camp or a mandatory meeting and was being punished for that. They had also reported that most of the O-line didnt agree with CB " earning " the starting job in that fashion and were letting him get killed in practice. Benson even said he knew what they were doing and said he understood it and didnt complain about it. As far as taking the spot.... last I heard they were going to be splitting the carries such as the cowboys and other teams using split backs.
post #28 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Not to sure about all of that. According to the NFL network at the beggining of the season, CB got the starting job because TJ didnt show up to some kind of mini camp or a mandatory meeting and was being punished for that. They had also reported that most of the O-line didnt agree with CB " earning " the starting job in that fashion and were letting him get killed in practice. Benson even said he knew what they were doing and said he understood it and didnt complain about it. As far as taking the spot.... last I heard they were going to be splitting the carries such as the cowboys and other teams using split backs.
who started all the playoff games and super bowl? venom can't admit his texas boy is a bust.

and miami did start it with ricky and ronnie. with all the rb moves this year the "experts" on the nfl networks were saying after miami and then NO success with dual rb's more teams are looking to go in that directions.
post #29 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007, 11:08 PM
Retired Gun

Bottom line......Another Texas-ex RB has a starting position in the NFL. How many Arkansas RB'S start in the NFL or have strarted in the last 10 years?? Better yet.....who was the last one??? Let me answer that for you...BARRY FOSTER who came out in the 1990 draft was the last running back to ever be the premier back for a NFL team out of Arkansas. While he was good for a brief period, it was short-lived.

Last edited by ToRqUeTwIsTeR; 03-18-2007 at 10:08 AM.
post #30 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToRqUeTwIsTeR
Bottom line......Another Texas-ex RB has a starting position in the NFL. How many Arkansas RB'S start in the NFL or have strarted in the last 10 years?? Better yet.....who was the last one??? Let me answer that for you...BARRY FOSTER who came out in the 1990 draft was the last running back to ever be the premier back for a NFL team out of Arkansas. While he was good for a brief period, it was short-lived.
you mean much like ricky"Smokey" williams or I can't beat out a back that would be a back up on 20 other teams around the league.

you got me there
post #31 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 12:41 PM
Retired Gun

Quote:
you mean much like ricky"Smokey" williams or I can't beat out a back that would be a back up on 20 other teams around the league.

you got me there
You forgot to mention Priest Holmes, Eric Metcalf, Earl Campbell...etc. Who all were league leaders in atleast one category at some point in their career as a Starter.

Did I get you there?
post #32 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 10:28 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Hey, Jones knew that if he didn't show up, he'd lose his job. Thats part of the game and he didn't understand that. He lost his job because he didn't do what he was supposed to do.

Quote:
who started all the playoff games and super bowl? venom can't admit his texas boy is a bust.

and miami did start it with ricky and ronnie. with all the rb moves this year the "experts" on the nfl networks were saying after miami and then NO success with dual rb's more teams are looking to go in that directions.
Jones may have started the games, but it was Benson who was finishing them off. His carries increased as the season moved along and it wasn't just blind luck that it happened to be going that way.

I'm not sure how you can call him a bust seeing as how he's never had a chance to start and has averaged over 4 YPC in both season's he has played in so far.

If you'd like to talk about RB busts, we can talk about Cedric Cobbs if you'd like, but that would be a bit hard seeing as how he's only amassed 9 yards on 3 carries for his whole NFL career so there really isn't anything to talk about there.
post #33 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 12:42 AM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Quote:
I'm not sure how you can call him a bust seeing as how he's never had a chance to start and has averaged over 4 YPC in both season's he has played in so far.
he had a chance to start as soon as he signed his name to the contract, the problem is he couldn't beat out jones. the only way he gets the start is for jones to leave, which happened.
post #34 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 03:16 AM
Retired Gun

Quote:
he had a chance to start as soon as he signed his name to the contract, the problem is he couldn't beat out jones. the only way he gets the start is for jones to leave, which happened.
lol......pure hater. It's totally understandable. I would be crying to if my favorite team was in the current state Arkansas is in. Mustain who?
post #35 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 08:41 AM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Refer to my sig about how you prefer Touchdowns over anything..anyone can vouch for me how you always talk about that..

So now its a good thing you have 4ypc instead of Touchdowns as a backup? So many backup RBs have had nice ypc stats as a BACKUP because the relieve the starters play.

Look at troy Hambrick, he looked nice as a backup & avg 4.0 ypc. Emmitt Left, he became the starter and the rest is history.

Lamont Jordan looked like he should have been the starter instead of Curtis Martin, his 5.2 ypc went down 3.8 when he became a starter

Something i dug up from a Reggie Bush thread in Octobor i think....
Quote:
The fact still remains that Reggie Bush hasn't produced like everyone thought he would. 1 TD in 5 weeks worth of play is a bust.
So if Reggie was a bust after 5 weeks.. what was Cedric Benson who didnt score a SINGLE TD at all his Rookie year...Dont give me that he was injured talk, talk about how he held out, fell behind, got injured and his rookie season was boo boo.

But if you wanna get techniqual again about how many weeks it took for Reggie to score a TD, CB didnt score his first career Touchdown untill WEEK 5 his 2nd year.....

Quote:
If you'd like to talk about RB busts, we can talk about Cedric Cobbs if you'd like, but that would be a bit hard seeing as how he's only amassed 9 yards on 3 carries for his whole NFL career so there really isn't anything to talk about there.
Since when did exactly 2nd day, 4th Round picks become BUST?
Didnt know Cobbs got drafted as a 1st or 2nd Rounder

Quote:

Last edited by unkoricky; 03-20-2007 at 08:48 AM.
post #36 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 08:56 AM
Ultimate X-phoria

Another thread where SVTvenom's idiotic statements come back to bite him, lol.
post #37 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 10:31 AM
Retired Gun

He is a true fan.......like some of us. He sticks with it through the good and the bad. If you want to say anything on SVT's behalf.....then say he is persistent. True beliefs don't bite people in the ass.
post #38 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 10:50 AM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
He is a true fan.......like some of us. He sticks with it through the good and the bad. If you want to say anything on SVT's behalf.....then say he is persistent. True beliefs don't bite people in the ass.
SVTvenom posts with blinders on. True fan? Give me a fucking break. There is example after example of him making assinine comments. I'll give you one. He claimed TO sucked in his early days as a niner. Anyone who has seen TO's stats knows this is a ridiculous comment. It wasn't until TO became a Cowboy that he became a TO homer. Just like the Bush comment, TD's are everything to him, unless it involves one of "his boys" like Benson.
post #39 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 11:14 AM
Fear the Stashe

venom is nothing but a straight UT homer.. rarely gives props to other players that arnt invovled with the Titans, UT anything or the Colts...

One month he brags you need TD's to be good, now its you need a great YPC to be good... He takes the internet serious while he laugh at him. Even other UT fans say he's ridiculous.. Oh well take it for what its worth

Quote:
post #40 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 03:21 PM
Retired Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
SVTvenom posts with blinders on. True fan? Give me a fucking break. There is example after example of him making assinine comments. I'll give you one. He claimed TO sucked in his early days as a niner. Anyone who has seen TO's stats knows this is a ridiculous comment. It wasn't until TO became a Cowboy that he became a TO homer. Just like the Bush comment, TD's are everything to him, unless it involves one of "his boys" like Benson.
Wow...you are a complete moron. TO had serious problems and almost didn't make the cut in his first year because he couldn't catch the football. Last time I checked thats what a reciever is required to do. Add that on top of his lack of ability to learn the West Coast "O" and there you have it. There is your fucking break you homer.

I ain't defending SVT in no way.....just proving that your attacks on him are oblivious to the facts.
post #41 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 03:50 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Wow...you are a complete moron. TO had serious problems and almost didn't make the cut in his first year because he couldn't catch the football. Last time I checked thats what a reciever is required to do. Add that on top of his lack of ability to learn the West Coast "O" and there you have it. There is your fucking break you homer.

I ain't defending SVT in no way.....just proving that your attacks on him are oblivious to the facts.
Almost didn't make the cut? Are you kidding me? I'm a niner fan, I kept up with his entire career at San Fran. LOL. His rookie year he played behind Stokes and Rice. His first full season the following year? 8 TD's and nearly a thousand yards. You're gonna try and tell me thats not good? 14 TD's and 1100 yards his 3rd season as a starter? And you're going to tell me he sucked as a Niner early on? Jesus fucking christ. How does this site collect so many fucking morons.
2000-13 Td's
2001-16 TD's
2002-13 TD's

A total of 91 TD's and nearly 10,000 yards as a Niner. Yea, he clearly struggled in that offense.
Struggled with the west coast offense. You got any more nuggest of wisdom you want to lay on us? Oblivious to the facts, lmao. Wow.
post #42 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 04:05 PM
Retired Gun

Quote:
Almost didn't make the cut? Are you kidding me? I'm a niner fan, I kept up with his entire career at San Fran. LOL. His rookie year he played behind Stokes and Rice. His first full season the following year? 8 TD's and nearly a thousand yards. You're gonna try and tell me thats not good? 14 TD's and 1100 yards his 3rd season as a starter? And you're going to tell me he sucked as a Niner early on? Jesus fucking christ. How does this site collect so many fucking morons.
2000-13 Td's
2001-16 TD's
2002-13 TD's

A total of 91 TD's and nearly 10,000 yards as a Niner. Yea, he clearly struggled in that offense.
Struggled with the west coast offense. You got any more nuggest of wisdom you want to lay on us? Oblivious to the facts, lmao. Wow.
Read what you quoted again and then edit. I said nothing about his career as a 49er. I said he almost didn't make the cut his first year. Anotherwards....HE WAS NOT EXPECTED TO BE THE STUD HE TURNED OUT TO BE AFTER HIS PRE-SEASON STRUGGLES.

Who's the moron quoting shit and replying with facts that don't pertain? YOU!!!

Moron....you need to shut up now.
post #43 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 04:07 PM
Retired Gun

No wonder SVT is hated on here. I am sure he is right 90% of the time and you all don't have sense enough to realize it. That or you can't stand the fact and jump to conclusions mis-quoting him. Bunch of haters....thats all.
post #44 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 04:36 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Read what you quoted again and then edit. I said nothing about his career as a 49er. I said he almost didn't make the cut his first year. Anotherwards....HE WAS NOT EXPECTED TO BE THE STUD HE TURNED OUT TO BE AFTER HIS PRE-SEASON STRUGGLES.

Who's the moron quoting shit and replying with facts that don't pertain? YOU!!!

Moron....you need to shut up now.
He started his career with the niners douche bag. 3rd round pick. What part of me being a niner fan and keeping up with their rookies and his career do you not understand? After I mentioned that Owens was a stud early in his career, Venom had said he was not. Then you come in here like Captain Sav-a-ho to defend in with talk of how he struggled with the West Coast offense. Yea, he really struggled with those big numbers didn't he. I oughta ban both you douche bags for ever posting in here. Jackasses.
post #45 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Retired Gun

Quote:
He started his career with the niners douche bag. 3rd round pick. What part of me being a niner fan and keeping up with their rookies and his career do you not understand? After I mentioned that Owens was a stud early in his career, Venom had said he was not. Then you come in here like Captain Sav-a-ho to defend in with talk of how he struggled with the West Coast offense. Yea, he really struggled with those big numbers didn't he. I oughta ban both you douche bags for ever posting in here. Jackasses.
This is what I am talking about. You have no clue as to what I originally said. Fuck his first year stats. I AM TALKING ABOUT PRE-SEASON OF HIS ROOKIE YEAR YOU MORON. Can you read that. My whole family is from L.A. so don't tell me about being a fan. Go ahead and ban me from posting in this forum. I can care less. All of you talk out of your ass anyways. You only read what you want and don't derive the complete facts anybody posts. You make generalizations and rant off about total nothingness. I know he played his first seasons as a 49er. I never said he didn't. I also never said TO wasn't a stud in his first seasons nor did I ever say his stats weren't up to par. I said he struggled with catching the ball and the West Coast "O" and almost didn't make the final cut. THAT IS FACT. You came in here with some other bullshit that I said nothing about. I then told you that I am not defending SVT in any way.....just proving that yours and others attacks on him are oblivious to the facts. Go back to your 49'er thread and let us talk about TEXAS you San Fran Homo.
post #46 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 05:21 PM
Fear the Stashe

is Torquetwister = Venom?

I have never seen you around the sports central...

If you think Venom is usually right, i'm going to assume your his brother or cousin

Quote:
post #47 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 05:30 PM
Lifer

Quote:
This is what I am talking about. You have no clue as to what I originally said. Fuck his first year stats. I AM TALKING ABOUT PRE-SEASON OF HIS ROOKIE YEAR YOU MORON. Can you read that. My whole family is from L.A. so don't tell me about being a fan. Go ahead and ban me from posting in this forum. I can care less. All of you talk out of your ass anyways. You only read what you want and don't derive the complete facts anybody posts. You make generalizations and rant off about total nothingness. I know he played his first seasons as a 49er. I never said he didn't. I also never said TO wasn't a stud in his first seasons nor did I ever say his stats weren't up to par. I said he struggled with catching the ball and the West Coast "O" and almost didn't make the final cut. THAT IS FACT. You came in here with some other bullshit that I said nothing about. I then told you that I am not defending SVT in any way.....just proving that yours and others attacks on him are oblivious to the facts. Go back to your 49'er thread and let us talk about TEXAS you San Fran Homo.
LMAO
post #48 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 05:42 PM
Lifer

They actually keep track of preseason stats?
post #49 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 05:58 PM
Retired Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky
is Torquetwister = Venom?

I have never seen you around the sports central...

If you think Venom is usually right, i'm going to assume your his brother or cousin
Even if it were true...hypothetically speaking...I would never admit it.
post #50 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 06:01 PM
Retired Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by LannyN9NE
They actually keep track of preseason stats?
I don't think so.....but I didn't read that then post it either. I am going by NFL Insider during TO's rookie year. They were comparing him to Jerry Rice during training camp because he had all of the intangibles but couldn't catch a cold.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement