Tim Sylvia OWNED.............NASTY!!!! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 11:52 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Thumbs up Tim Sylvia OWNED.............NASTY!!!!

that was great. He OWNED him so bad it was funny. Discuss.....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 12:42 AM
Your Daddy

Fuck Tim Sylvia.

Randy Owned Him Like A $2 Hoe.
post #3 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 01:11 AM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
come on guys he had an injury

post #4 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced89lx
Fuck Tim Sylvia.

Randy Owned Him Like A $2 Hoe.
nope it was only $0.50
post #5 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 02:43 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

Exclamation

On nickel night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #6 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 02:48 AM
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 f0 lyfe!

There's a buzz going about now that Couture is "back" showing this kind of display that he could beat Liddell... idiots.

post #7 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 02:55 AM
Bop Double E Rop

I'm hoping someone will come in and take the HW belt from him so Mirko wont tear Randy apart!! I like Couture too much to see that...

GWB-'83-'09

Last edited by Whitebread; 03-04-2007 at 03:13 PM.
post #8 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebread
I'm hoping someone will come in and take the HW belt form him so Mirko wont tear Randy apart!! I like Couture too much to see that...
I share your hopes! I dont dislike randy enough to see cro cop send him to an early grave. I think the optimum thing ( if its possible not sure of the technicalities of it all because of contracts etc ect ) would be for Dana to make the next heavyweight match Randy vs Verra. Let Brandon beat randy and take the belt so cro cop could destroy verra and chop his big ego down to size. The problem is that Randy signed a 4 fight deal, last night was #1. If cro cop is going to be fight #2, randy wont be able to complete the 4 fight contract unless Dana creates a wheelchair division, cro cop is going to kick his old juiced big time.
post #9 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 10:50 AM
que?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
post #10 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 10:58 AM
¯\(º_o)/¯

rofl at Randy acting like Tim's dad holding him down the entire fight. Tim had freaing six inches on Randy and like what, 30 pounds on him? O W N E D

post #11 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 11:10 AM
Arbeit Macht Frei

That opening punch put a grin on my face for the rest of the fight, and the "oh shit, this old man has my number" look on sylvias face, several times, was priceless!

"Wealth Dies, Kinsman Die, A man himself must likewise die; But word-fame, Never dies, For him who achieves it well"
-Hávamál-

post #12 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 12:10 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Vegas_Guy
I share your hopes! I dont dislike randy enough to see cro cop send him to an early grave. I think the optimum thing ( if its possible not sure of the technicalities of it all because of contracts etc ect ) would be for Dana to make the next heavyweight match Randy vs Verra. Let Brandon beat randy and take the belt so cro cop could destroy verra and chop his big ego down to size. The problem is that Randy signed a 4 fight deal, last night was #1. If cro cop is going to be fight #2, randy wont be able to complete the 4 fight contract unless Dana creates a wheelchair division, cro cop is going to kick his old juiced big time.

i like cro cop as much as the next person, but some of y'all act like there is not a chance in hell that anybody can beat him. Not saying that Randy would, but cro cop CAN be knocked out. And i would think if anybody is "smart" enough to take cro cop it would be Randy.

and last night my buddy goes, "wouldn't it suck if this fight ended in one punch", of course he was talking about Silvia but i'll be damned if he was almost right.
post #13 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 12:32 PM
Your Daddy

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
post #14 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 12:37 PM
que?

Quote:
damn i would love to have that as an avatar
post #15 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 01:25 PM
Bitter Italian

Randy fought a great fight. I was very happy to see him win. Never count Randy out in a fight, even one where he fights crocop.
post #16 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 01:53 PM

Quote:

Booyah!!! Gotta love that over the top right by Randy! He put the jabba giant right on his butt.
post #17 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

that was an awsome fight. he even stood up the whole 3rd round and boxed that tall bastard. such a great fight. I'm sure crocrop would take him but you guys are acting like he is just going to get completely killed. I don't think it would be that bad.

post #18 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 03:49 PM
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 f0 lyfe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
i like cro cop as much as the next person, but some of y'all act like there is not a chance in hell that anybody can beat him. Not saying that Randy would, but cro cop CAN be knocked out. And i would think if anybody is "smart" enough to take cro cop it would be Randy.
That could be said about any verteran champion fighter. However based on cro cop's track record he may be untouchable. Cro Cop is also "smart" enough to take out his competition extremely methodically.

post #19 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

anyone have the vid I really want to save it on my comp.

post #20 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 04:46 PM
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 f0 lyfe!

post #21 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 06:05 PM
KJ94GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grove Rat
damn i would love to have that as an avatar
I gotcha!
Thanks John!
post #22 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 06:13 PM
Your Daddy

nice. i have alot of those clips.
let me know of a ko or sub and I will let you know if I have it.

here is the sweet side choke sub from last night
post #23 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 07:23 PM
KJ94GT

McFedries is a helluva striker. He was taking it to ol' Kampmann, until he got choked.
post #24 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 07:52 PM
Bitter Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ94GT
McFedries is a helluva striker. He was taking it to ol' Kampmann, until he got choked.
He's a good striker but imo he should be fighting at 205 and Kamp should fight at 170.
post #25 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 10:04 PM
Ide fuck her in the ass..

randy whipped his ass, im glad i cant stand tim...

WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #26 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 10:04 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Man, that was about as hard as when Arlovski nailed him and it looked as if it was all over.

Don't fuck with Captain America.
post #27 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 01:55 AM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario
Randy fought a great fight. I was very happy to see him win. Never count Randy out in a fight, even one where he fights crocop.

I agree. IF (and that's a BIG IF) Randy can close the gap quickly, keep the pressure on CroCop taking away his range, I would give Randy a reasonable chance. But if he gives CroCop any range at all and time to setup he's dead. Randy will not be able to stand in front of CroCop the way he did Tim.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #28 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 05:38 AM

any word on how Tim is doing? I figure by now he has either gone out and purchased a copy cat / look alike championship belt to carry around or just off'd himself.
post #29 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 06:04 AM
I drive a fookin Honda

Quote:

and last night my buddy goes, "wouldn't it suck if this fight ended in one punch", of course he was talking about Silvia but i'll be damned if he was almost right.
Yeah and we know how many KO's Randy has over his career at HW. Dream on if you think he will KO Mirko. Mirko's only KO loss in MMA came against a ridiculous hook/GnP against Randleman.
post #30 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 01:35 PM

Quote:

Anybody can get knocked out, we all know that. But you have to take into consideation the fact that when alot of us are acting like cro cop is invincible it is because we are taking into consideration the current competition in his weight class. I mean shit if the HW division is so weak that a guy like Tim Sylvia can hold the title as long as he did... who the hell is going to beat cro cop. I seriously believe that if cro cop and randy fight - it will be randy's last fight.
post #31 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Vegas_Guy
who the hell is going to beat cro cop.
Fedor, if he ever comes to the ufc

post #32 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 05:38 PM
CEO of......

you guys most comprehend what i write first, then respond. i NEVER said Randy would knock out crocop. I said that crocop CAN be knocked out and that i think Randy can TAKE him. As in beat him, not knock him out, geez pay attention.

and Matt, you say ridiculous punch by Randleman, as in he got lucky and didn't mean to actually throw that punch and land it?? You don't think Chuck gets lucky EVERY fight too do you?

*my disclaimer* i think Cro Cop will beat Randy, but i'm not going to sit here and say there is no chance in hell like some of you are. If Randy is in the ring, he has a chance.
post #33 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebread
I'm hoping someone will come in and take the HW belt from him so Mirko wont tear Randy apart!! I like Couture too much to see that...

whooaaaaaa!!!! thats a big load of crap!!! i like cro cop but come one he isnt the terminator!!!! hes been beatin and he will be beatin again!! randy is a good striker but his bread and butter is take downs and a kicker is easy to take down no matter how hard he kicks randy can take him down! i would never put any money against couture! and honestly it looks like he learned some things from fighting liddell and his stricking is looking a hell of alot better i bet he could put up a good one against chuck!!!!
post #34 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 05:48 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbirdbryan21
whooaaaaaa!!!! thats a big load of crap!!! i like cro cop but come one he isnt the terminator!!!! hes been beatin and he will be beatin again!! randy is a good striker but his bread and butter is take downs and a kicker is easy to take down no matter how hard he kicks randy can take him down! i would never put any money against couture! and honestly it looks like he learned some things from fighting liddell and his stricking is looking a hell of alot better i bet he could put up a good one against chuck!!!!

Your posts make my head hurt.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #35 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 05:57 PM
Time Served

whta???!?!? yall think hes superman or something hes not!! look at his past hes lost by ko!! but also by decisions and hes had a couple of draws but the top fighters hes not that impressive against!!! get off his balls (he cant kick with yall there)!!!!

Last edited by bigbirdbryan21; 03-05-2007 at 06:24 PM.
post #36 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 08:07 PM
Lifer

man i really dont believe in "lucky punches" because shit if you throw it out there and knock some one out how is that really lucky?

04 cobra before 2.81 pulley,100mm idler,jlt intake,bassani xpipe,magnaflow catback,diablo canoftuner bogart welded rt's 11:[email protected] untuned
After headers/nitrous no 1/4 times yet
576rwhp on the suace=Highway roller stud
Changing Daily drivers monthly
post #37 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 06:16 AM
I drive a fookin Honda

Quote:
you guys most comprehend what i write first, then respond. i NEVER said Randy would knock out crocop. I said that crocop CAN be knocked out and that i think Randy can TAKE him. As in beat him, not knock him out, geez pay attention.

and Matt, you say ridiculous punch by Randleman, as in he got lucky and didn't mean to actually throw that punch and land it?? You don't think Chuck gets lucky EVERY fight too do you?
I never said it was a lucky punch. I will be the first to say there is no such thing as a lucky punch. What I meant was that it was a series of shots that would KO most fighters and Mirko got caught. Very unlucky on his part.
post #38 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 06:18 AM
I drive a fookin Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbirdbryan21
whta???!?!? yall think hes superman or something hes not!! look at his past hes lost by ko!! but also by decisions and hes had a couple of draws but the top fighters hes not that impressive against!!! get off his balls (he cant kick with yall there)!!!!
Oh noes, Mirko lost by KO once. Randy got KTFO not once but twice in 1 year by Chuck. Get over it. If you are not impressed by Mirko you are an idiot. You sound like a fuckin troll. You should go back and watch Mirko's fights against fighters with a wrestling base. He fucking owned nearly all of them badly by KO.
post #39 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 06:20 AM
¯\(º_o)/¯

It'll be interesting to say the least. Randy trained specifically for this fight by sparing with much larger men. If he wants to hold/defend the title he's going to have to fight a completely different style fighter, and I am sure he knows that. Can't, wait to see the turnout.

post #40 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 06:22 AM
I drive a fookin Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbecX
It'll be interesting to say the least. Randy trained specifically for this fight by sparing with much larger men. If he wants to hold/defend the title he's going to have to fight a completely different style fighter.
Very true. Mirko is not a slow, lumbering striker like Tim and will give Randy big problems. If Randy had a hard time against a wild striker like Chuck I can't wait to see what Mirko may do to him. Randy may give a hell of a fight but I can also see this ending very badly for him.
post #41 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 08:29 AM
Bitter Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt93Cobra
Oh noes, Mirko lost by KO once. Randy got KTFO not once but twice in 1 year by Chuck. Get over it. If you are not impressed by Mirko you are an idiot. You sound like a fuckin troll. You should go back and watch Mirko's fights against fighters with a wrestling base. He fucking owned nearly all of them badly by KO.
But... Randy is not like most the other wrastlers Mirko has fought. Randy gets his takedowns from the clinch not so much the shoot. I think of Randy more along the same lines as a Fador type. Randy just lacks the KO power of Fador.
post #42 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 08:32 AM
Lifer

dang, when does this come on
post #43 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 08:56 AM
I drive a fookin Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario
But... Randy is not like most the other wrastlers Mirko has fought. Randy gets his takedowns from the clinch not so much the shoot. I think of Randy more along the same lines as a Fador type. Randy just lacks the KO power of Fador.
This is true. I won't even begin to argue that but I just can't see Mirko getting beaten in a fight with him standing. I also believe that Mirko will be able to handle Randy's ground game. If he cannot sweep from the bottom position I think he can stall enough to get the fight standing again. Not many fighters have managed to fight the better part of 3 rounds off of their backs against Fedor and avoid major damage like Mirko did in 2005.

This to me will be a much more exciting/anticpated matchup then CC/Sylvia.
post #44 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
come on guys he had an injury

Being fat and lazy isnt a injury!
post #45 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 09:27 AM
Vikings are next!

Thumbs up

I don't know why you guys are counting randy out so quick....IMHO crocop has never fought a greco roman wrestler of Randy's caliber. That's why Tim lost..once he got put on his back he didn't know how defend himself..Crocop is probably one of the best out there. mirko has awsome kicks...but when randy puts you on your back I don't think kicks will do much good down there....It will be an awsome fight to see for sure...Randy is my favorite fighter and at his age he's gone above and beyond...

02 GT
X-pipe and flows

post #46 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 09:39 AM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.6 Love
I don't know why you guys are counting randy out so quick....IMHO crocop has never fought a greco roman wrestler of Randy's caliber. That's why Tim lost..once he got put on his back he didn't know how defend himself..Crocop is probably one of the best out there. mirko has awsome kicks...but when randy puts you on your back I don't think kicks will do much good down there....It will be an awsome fight to see for sure...Randy is my favorite fighter and at his age he's gone above and beyond...

It's true, Randy is good, but he still does not stand a chance against CroCop, period.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #47 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 10:30 AM
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
It's true, Randy is good, but he still does not stand a chance against CroCop, period.

nobody in this thread can say that and actually believe it. nobody. not even your all knowing self.
post #48 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 10:47 AM
I drive a fookin Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.6 Love
I guess you are not familiar with Marc Coleman's work? Not that they are necessarily the same fighter but certainly a pretty accomplished Greco Roman wrestler that competed in the '92 Olympic games (Placed 7th), NCAA Championship, UFC HW Champion, and Pride 2000 Grand Prix Champion.
post #49 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 10:54 AM
¯\(º_o)/¯

Cro cops next match:

4/21/2007 Gabriel Gonzaga UFC 70: Nations Collide

post #50 of 71 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 11:20 AM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
nobody in this thread can say that and actually believe it. nobody. not even your all knowing self.
Randy and next to none in the KO department. He couldn't even KO Tim with him standing dead in front of him the the whole fight. Don't confuse that first knockdown with any sort of punching power that you might think Randy has, because he has none. Anybody can be knocked down, especially as somebody as ungraceful and heavy footed as Sylvia.

IN MY OPINION, all that fight was is just an embarrassment to the UFC to show how weak the HW division is in the UFC. Randy, great fighter, I don't dispute that. Sylvia- horrible fighter, but with his range and high number of punches it's a matter of time before someone runs into them, that's how he wins fights.

Normally, I give anyone a "punchers chance" but considering Randy has no punching power it's hard to give him even that against CroCop. Randy did well keeping a larger fighter immobile on the ground which is impressive. Randy also has the advantage of having experience with the cage which CroCop does not have alot of so that there is something for Randy to exploit. Will it be enough? In my opinion, it's very doubtful. CroCop now has his UFC jitters out of the way with that last (read: lame) fight. Randy could be the first big name from the UFC that CroCop faces and he will make an example out of him.

The "all knowing" comment, I'm not sure where that comes from. You and I have never had any words that I am aware, but I'm sorry you feel that way.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement