49'ers just got stronger. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-02-2007, 07:46 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

49'ers just got stronger.

They reportedly have agreed to an 8 year 80 Million dollar deal with Nate Clements.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 01:08 AM
Lifer

Hollywood in 3,2,1,....
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 01:13 AM
Mavs Fan For Life!

so did the Cows do anything today or will it be like the past couple FA where they dont really seem to be in the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Gifs at Giftube.com

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 07:59 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

I'm wondering who is going to pick up Joey Porter. Was sad to see him go.

post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 08:26 AM

WAY over paid. just another screw up by those top 49er guys.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 11:23 AM
Ultimate X-phoria

YES! Major upgrade in the secondary, along with Michael Lewis. In one day they went from having 1 pro bowler in the secondary to 3.
Yes, thats a high price but they had plenty money to spare with plenty more to continue shopping. They are still talking to Adalius Thomas. Woot!!!!!
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
YES! Major upgrade in the secondary, along with Michael Lewis. In one day they went from having 1 pro bowler in the secondary to 3.
Yes, thats a high price but they had plenty money to spare with plenty more to continue shopping. They are still talking to Adalius Thomas. Woot!!!!!

The way I look at it sometimes you have to overpay for a top cornerback. Wasn't it reported that A. Thomas has agreed in principal with New England?
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 01:20 AM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by LannyN9NE
The way I look at it sometimes you have to overpay for a top cornerback. Wasn't it reported that A. Thomas has agreed in principal with New England?
Yes, he signed with NE, but when I posted this morning he was still talking to both. thats alright, they have made significant upgrades at 3 positions on defense. With such a weak defense last year, they still made a run a the division title. Barring any major injuries or setbacks, they have a damn good shot of taking it this season.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 09:36 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Too bad they just cut Antonio Bryant aka Hollywood's golden boy, LMFAO.

Maybe Clemments can play both ways, kind of like how that city likes to go.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 09:58 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Too bad they just cut Antonio Bryant aka Hollywood's golden boy, LMFAO.

Maybe Clemments can play both ways, kind of like how that city likes to go.

I guess when you don't know shit about football, well, like you, the only comment you can make is made up bullshit. My golden boy, wow, thats news to me. Sounds to me that you're just a little bit nervous that a team that is on the upswing just got alot better. But I have to admit, I am surprised you are getting jittery. I mean, barely a day goes by that you don't self own yourself or flat out just shove your foot in your mouth. As for the gay comment. We all know you're a homophobe, so i'll go ahead and let you in on a little secret. Dallas has the second largest gay community in the nation. DOH! You can't catch a break with your posts. lol.
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 10:24 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
I guess when you don't know shit about football, well, like you, the only comment you can make is made up bullshit. My golden boy, wow, thats news to me. Sounds to me that you're just a little bit nervous that a team that is on the upswing just got alot better. But I have to admit, I am surprised you are getting jittery. I mean, barely a day goes by that you don't self own yourself or flat out just shove your foot in your mouth. As for the gay comment. We all know you're a homophobe, so i'll go ahead and let you in on a little secret. Dallas has the second largest gay community in the nation. DOH! You can't catch a break with your posts. lol.
Dude, just a few short months ago you were comparing Bryant to T.O. and claiming he was just as good as any other top reciever in the league. He sucked and his ass got cut, plain and simple.

Clements is definately a good DB and its a great pickup for your 49'ers, but its not going to change the fact that the majority of that team is a bunch of nobodies and spares, save for Gore who had a breakout season. One DB does not a defense make. Its a start, but definately not the solution for them to stop sucking ass.

Last edited by SVTVenom; 03-04-2007 at 10:35 PM.
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 08:38 AM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Dude, just a few short months ago you were comparing Bryant to T.O. and claiming he was just as good as any other top reciever in the league. He sucked and his ass got cut, plain and simple.

Clements is definately a good DB and its a great pickup for your 49'ers, but its not going to change the fact that the majority of that team is a bunch of nobodies and spares, save for Gore who had a breakout season. One DB does not a defense make. Its a start, but definately not the solution for them to stop sucking ass.

Wrong again. That was TX21 http://70.84.246.84/forums/showthrea...ghlight=bryant
but thanks for playing.
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 03:46 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:

Clements is definately a good DB and its a great pickup for your 49'ers, but its not going to change the fact that the majority of that team is a bunch of nobodies and spares,[b] save for Gore who had a breakout season.[/b} One DB does not a defense make. Its a start, but definately not the solution for them to stop sucking ass.

And while i'm reminding you that you got me mixed up with someone else. Let me remind everyone else how you felt about Gore prior to this season. Then again it's not surprising, you once told me at Humperdinks, that TO sucked. Yet you were singing his praises all season since putting on that Cowboy jersey. Remember this comment homer?

03-24-2006, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Gore and Barlow suck too. Face it, the 49ers are fucked any which way they go and just wasted money on an over-the-hill OL. Have fun with another 4-12 season.
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 09:03 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
And while i'm reminding you that you got me mixed up with someone else. Let me remind everyone else how you felt about Gore prior to this season. Then again it's not surprising, you once told me at Humperdinks, that TO sucked. Yet you were singing his praises all season since putting on that Cowboy jersey. Remember this comment homer
I'll freely admit that Gore had a breakout year and I even had him on my fantasy team, but even with that type of a year, his team still went 7-9 in a weak division that had only 1 team above .500 I find it funny that you think that only adding Nate Clements and then taking away the only half-decent WR you had in Bryant gives you any hope of them having a better season.

TO sucked back then in the fact that he was a total assclown for doing all that shit on the Star. Since then, he's finally figured out that he's going to have to play nice to get a ring and be able to get into the HOF.
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 09:49 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
I'll freely admit that Gore had a breakout year and I even had him on my fantasy team, but even with that type of a year, his team still went 7-9 in a weak division that had only 1 team above .500 I find it funny that you think that only adding Nate Clements and then taking away the only half-decent WR you had in Bryant gives you any hope of them having a better season.

TO sucked back then in the fact that he was a total assclown for doing all that shit on the Star. Since then, he's finally figured out that he's going to have to play nice to get a ring and be able to get into the HOF.

Only Nate Clements? Are you fucking high? did you not read anything that has been posted or kept up with any of the moves. The only team that finished above 500 in taht division was Seattle, and they got swept by the Niners. I'd break down the upgrades on the defense for you, but you don't have a freaking clue as to the intricate details on how a defense works. You only copy and paste what analysists say, then talk about how they don't know anything.

TO sucked? Man you can't keep your foot out of your mouth to save your life. Let see, we had this discussion in 2003, so lets look at his numbers from then and even before.

2001 16 Touchdowns 1412 yards (Yikes, that ugly)
2002 13 Touchdowns 1300 yards
2003 9 Touchdowns 1102 yards
2004 14 Touchdowns 1102 yards

Goddamn, look at those awful numbers. You got me nate, TO sucked back in those days. And before you say he sucked before then
2nd year in the league 8 TD's and 936 yards. 3rd year in the league 14 TD's 1097 yards. Care to bombard us with any more ignorant statements?
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 12:24 PM
I'll miss you Heather :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof
I'm wondering who is going to pick up Joey Porter. Was sad to see him go.

dolphins picked him up yesterday afternoon...

i thought dallas might have looked into him, but they don't seem too interested in FA right now....
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 12:41 PM
I'm not Lucky, I'm Good

Im giving my "They sucked last year, but will win the division next year" pick to the 49ers. Not that i am a huge 9ers fan (although I am a fan of Gore and Smith), but they seem to finally be breaking out.

05 Dodge Ram 4x4
06 Yamaha R6

Never outrun your guardian angel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Have someone fuck you in the ass and another take your bike. See which one you hate more.
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 04:13 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

With all of these signings that the 49ers have been doing in the offseason, I wonder exactly how much cap room they have???

post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 04:17 PM
Lifer

Quote:
With all of these signings that the 49ers have been doing in the offseason, I wonder exactly how much cap room they have???
Must have had a lot last year, with as shitty as they were.
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 04:21 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
They had almost 40 million which put them #1 in cap room. One of the reasons Nolan made no moves the last couple of years in free agency and let Julian Peterson walk was because they needed to get the budget right and get a better foundation. They were over the cap for so long, it's nice to see the team heading in the right direction. Hopefully York won't do anything stupid and continue to let Nolan build the team he wants.
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 09:49 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

I find it gut-busting funny that Hollywood thinks that by adding a corner and some other no-name guys, it will instantly propel them to the top of the NFC West and make them a playoff contender. That team still has MASSIVE holes at key spots and will end up in the same spot they did this past year, battling Arizona on who will be dead last in their division.

Frank Gore better get out while he still can so he can get to a contender and get paid instead of working/getting beat up for nothing.
post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 08:03 AM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
I find it gut-busting funny that Hollywood thinks that by adding a corner and some other no-name guys, it will instantly propel them to the top of the NFC West and make them a playoff contender. That team still has MASSIVE holes at key spots and will end up in the same spot they did this past year, battling Arizona on who will be dead last in their division.

Frank Gore better get out while he still can so he can get to a contender and get paid instead of working/getting beat up for nothing.
Funny, you are the only one that feels that way. Looks like the joke is on you. As far as the no names comment, you can't help but remind us you know nothing about football. Michael Lewis is a pro-bowler, and his play had nothing to do with him losing his job but more or less them not bring him back, and deciding to groom the younger guy they drafted the year before. But this information is falling on deaf ears because you only keep up with Cowboy players and UT players. Anyone else is a "no-name" in your book. Jackass.

I like how you avoid the whole TO thing. It must suck looking like a total ass day in and day out. And thanks for giving me another quote to add to my list. Just another comment that will come back and bite you in the ass.

Last edited by Hollywood; 03-12-2007 at 08:15 AM.
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 11:06 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Funny, you are the only one that feels that way. Looks like the joke is on you. As far as the no names comment, you can't help but remind us you know nothing about football. Michael Lewis is a pro-bowler, and his play had nothing to do with him losing his job but more or less them not bring him back, and deciding to groom the younger guy they drafted the year before. But this information is falling on deaf ears because you only keep up with Cowboy players and UT players. Anyone else is a "no-name" in your book. Jackass.

I like how you avoid the whole TO thing. It must suck looking like a total ass day in and day out. And thanks for giving me another quote to add to my list. Just another comment that will come back and bite you in the ass.
Dude, why don't you go back to the bay area with all the "super" 49'ers fans and think you actually have a team thats going to compete. They've tried to sign "big name" guys in the past and they've bombed each and every time. That team is a graveyard for players just like Arizona and Cleveland.

Do us all a favor and shut you cock holster until the 49'ers actually do something on the field like actually put a winning season together or even being competitive in that shit hole division they call the NFC West.
post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 07:33 AM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Dude, why don't you go back to the bay area with all the "super" 49'ers fans and think you actually have a team thats going to compete. They've tried to sign "big name" guys in the past and they've bombed each and every time. That team is a graveyard for players just like Arizona and Cleveland.

Do us all a favor and shut you cock holster until the 49'ers actually do something on the field like actually put a winning season together or even being competitive in that shit hole division they call the NFC West.
Since you have no retort to all the shit that has already bit you in the ass, you just keep regurgitating the same tired line thats going to come back and bit you yet again. You're the only jackass that doesn't think their going to compete. So shut your mouth and let those who know football do the talking. Go discuss beauty tips with the cheerleaders, even they have more time on a football field than you do.
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 09:06 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Last time I checked, the 49ers (the first to do it), Cowboys, and Steelers all have 5 rings...

post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 11:22 AM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Last time I checked, the 49ers (the first to do it), Cowboys, and Steelers all have 5 rings...
Not to mention the Niners have won their division more recently than his cowboys.
Boys 1998
Niners 2002

It's really too easy. It's like leading a jackass with a carrot. Every time he opens his mouth, he says something ridiculous.
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 10:36 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Since you have no retort to all the shit that has already bit you in the ass, you just keep regurgitating the same tired line thats going to come back and bit you yet again. You're the only jackass that doesn't think their going to compete. So shut your mouth and let those who know football do the talking. Go discuss beauty tips with the cheerleaders, even they have more time on a football field than you do.
There is nothing to 'think' about because everyone knows that the 49'ers are going to continue to suck because their run has been over ever since Young retired. They aren't going to compete because aside from Gore and Clements, they are a bunch of spares, rejects, and draft busts.

I could understand you having some hope if they at least had a .500 season last year, but they couldn't even manage that in such a horrible division. Hell, Seattle was missing both Hasselbeck and Alexander for extended periods of time and they still won that division.

How about you shut your mouth and go find a 49'ers forum to go discuss how "fabulous" Alex Smith is.
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 08:24 AM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
There is nothing to 'think' about because everyone knows that the 49'ers are going to continue to suck because their run has been over ever since Young retired. They aren't going to compete because aside from Gore and Clements, they are a bunch of spares, rejects, and draft busts.

I could understand you having some hope if they at least had a .500 season last year, but they couldn't even manage that in such a horrible division. Hell, Seattle was missing both Hasselbeck and Alexander for extended periods of time and they still won that division.

How about you shut your mouth and go find a 49'ers forum to go discuss how "fabulous" Alex Smith is.
Like I said, everytime you open your mouth, you own yourself. Niners swept the birds, and Alexander was playing in both those games. Held to 37 yards in the first game, 73 in the second. Hasselbeck, picked off twice in the second game. Thanks for playing. Got any more ridiculous comments douche bag? I'm sure you do, you seem to have an endless supply. You get owned everytime you post up, so you just dig for something else.

Just because you've never heard of them, doesn't make them spares, but we've already been over this. You're only trying to swallow your foot, keep trying, you'll do it eventually.
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 12:35 PM
FPE - Full Plumber Effect

Quote:

you have got to be the stupidest person on this board, it is a shame you like the longhorns Did you even go to UT?
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 10:06 PM
Retired Gun

Quote:
Like I said, everytime you open your mouth, you own yourself. Niners swept the birds, and Alexander was playing in both those games. Held to 37 yards in the first game, 73 in the second. Hasselbeck, picked off twice in the second game. Thanks for playing. Got any more ridiculous comments douche bag? I'm sure you do, you seem to have an endless supply. You get owned everytime you post up, so you just dig for something else.

Just because you've never heard of them, doesn't make them spares, but we've already been over this. You're only trying to swallow your foot, keep trying, you'll do it eventually.

To clarify my point I am trying to make in the other thread.......SVT said that the 49ers couldn't win the division and finished under .500 pct. for the season. He said that Seattle won the division even without Hasselback and Alexander for extended periods of time. He didn't say that the 49ers didn't beat the eventual division champs(Seattle) both times they faced them. He merely stated the facts.

You need to read, then read it again, and think before you spout off at the mouth. You completely twist up peoples words into what they weren't intended to be. You seem to be the one to have an endless supply of excuses. Therefore, that makes you the Jackass Douche Bag That Just Got Owned.
post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 09:29 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:

You might want to take ToRqUeTwIsTeR's advice and stop puffing on a sub .500 team's dong.

The Cowboys have always played good against Alexander too. So?

You can't stand the fact that your team is a bunch of rejects and nobodies, save for about 3 guys and hasn't done anything since T.O. was there.
post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 11:17 AM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
You might want to take ToRqUeTwIsTeR's advice and stop puffing on a sub .500 team's dong.

The Cowboys have always played good against Alexander too. So?

You can't stand the fact that your team is a bunch of rejects and nobodies, save for about 3 guys and hasn't done anything since T.O. was there.
So are you this fucking stupid? When I said the Niners swept the seahawks, you tried to throw up the fact that they were missing Alexander and Hasslebeck. So I was showing you that even at full strengh, they still beat the Seahawks.
post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 11:28 AM
Retired Gun

Quote:
So are you this fucking stupid? When I said the Niners swept the seahawks, you tried to throw up the fact that they were missing Alexander and Hasslebeck. So I was showing you that even at full strengh, they still beat the Seahawks.
Actually.....He said the Seahawks were missing Alexander and Hasselback for the majority of the season and still won the division before you said anything about the 49ers sweeping them at full strength. Once again....you are twisting words. So are you this fucking stupid? How many times do I have to prove that you twist words to try and make yourself look like you know what you are talking about?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement