Cotton Bowl is... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 06:51 AM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Cotton Bowl is...

moving to Arlington. No big suprise. There was a bid down in Houston to try to move it there.

Guess it is good it is staying in the D/FW area. I guess the Red River shootout is next and Fair Park will slip back into the crack-infested area it is and was for all these years.

With only one big event left (State Fair) I wonder how long it is before that area is nuked and rebuilt.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 07:01 AM
dead

not to mention we are about to blow 50 million on the cotton bowl and fair park.

thanks laura miller.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 07:09 AM
Lifer

L. Miller is a dumbass

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 08:00 AM
2-7 and still a fan!

Wow, I'm assuming it's going to be in the new Texas Stadium? What a waste of 50 million, even though it will be here at least two more years. IF the Red River Shootout moves as well, they probably need to knock that bitch down and build a top notch Museum in it's place. I can't believe they couldn't land the new Cowboy's Stadium in Fair Park, it seems like that 50 million might have kept the Cowboy's in Dallas, oh well fuck Laura Miller and the City of Dallas council, bunch of fucking morons. I'm glad I moved out of that city 13 yrs ago, best move I ever made...'H'

Quote:
Originally Posted by centexchick View Post
I fuck, have sex, make love. If I break out the heels and leather...then a fucking it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz View Post
Cupping the bawls always helps with the sensation, Good rule of thumb is to tell the gal to rub the balls any chance/angle she gets.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 08:42 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Now Official.

EFF LAURA MILLER!!!! She has fucked everything . . . not just sports. Before she was mayor, I went to Deep Ellum quite a lot, now look at it. There's other examples just like that. She is the WORST mayor in Dallas History. Ron Kirk did alot of cleaning up of the City and it was actually starting to be a place to come to. Now she's let this city go back to the dump it was in the 80's.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 01:07 PM
CEO of......

not only is the Cotton Bowl and the RRR being moved there in '10, that will also make it more tempting to make the Cotton Bowl a BCS game. That'll be nice
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 03:24 PM
Now in the ATX!!

has laura miller fixed any pot holes yet?
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 03:29 PM
Full tilt boogie !!

"Yea......fuck Laura Miller". Nasty ass, stuck up, ugly ass bitch.

**SKAGG NASTY** Just another 9 second street car.

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 08:39 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Well, if Laura Miller wasn't such a dumb bitch of a mayor, she could have had the "Boss Hogg Bowl" built where the Cotton Bowl is now and brought the Dallas Cowboys actually back into the city of Dallas.

Laura Miller was against building the AAC and that alone has brought so much money to this city that its not even funny.

More than likely the RRS will end up going back to a home-home situation and the Cotton Bowl will force the BCS to go to a 5 city/5 game format instead of a 4 city/5 game format that exists now.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 09:19 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Well, if Laura Miller wasn't such a dumb bitch of a mayor, she could have had the "Boss Hogg Bowl" built where the Cotton Bowl is now and brought the Dallas Cowboys actually back into the city of Dallas.

Laura Miller was against building the AAC and that alone has brought so much money to this city that its not even funny.

More than likely the RRS will end up going back to a home-home situation and the Cotton Bowl will force the BCS to go to a 5 city/5 game format instead of a 4 city/5 game format that exists now.

it won't go home and home. never
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 08:18 AM
2-7 and still a fan!

I agree, it will always be in a Texas, cause you know there ain't shit to do in OKC (Norman ) It will draw alot bigger crowd in Texas too, Dallas specifically...'H'

Quote:
I fuck, have sex, make love. If I break out the heels and leather...then a fucking it is.
Quote:
Cupping the bawls always helps with the sensation, Good rule of thumb is to tell the gal to rub the balls any chance/angle she gets.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 08:22 AM
Out

Thumbs up

Look at the bright side... Dallas just started building a 27 million dollars homeless shelter yesterday!
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 08:26 AM
2-7 and still a fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Look at the bright side... Dallas just started building a 27 million dollars homeless shelter yesterday!
Sweeeet! Does that mean we won't see those homeless bastards under the bridge at Deep Ellum
I bring people in from out of town and they want to see Dallas (don't ask me why) I take them to the usual spots, JFK's Memorial, West End, Deep Ellum and of course the bridge support/homeless shelter under I-45 ...'H'

Quote:
Quote:
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 09:00 AM
BOOMER SOONER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
it won't go home and home. never
actually both schools stated if the Cotton Bowl isn't improved, they'll take the game to a home/away series. That was before the blueprints of Jerryworld were revealed, I imagine that might sway they're decision.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 11:01 AM

we definitely need the homeless assistance center and a lot more like them, and maybe a few more people who give a rats a** about the homeless situation, so that is a step in the right direction, as far as the cotton bowl and whatever else gets moved to Arlington, it sucks, but it is only a pride thing, do you really think that people coming to the various events like the super bowl and cotton bowl games are going to want to stay in Arlington, what is there to do in Arlington besides sit in traffic and go to chain restaraunts. i think ft worth will see some $$ as people want to see the whole western experience. dallas will still benefit quite a bit at the expense of arlington tax payers. it would be better in(near) DT Dallas or even Ft Worth for that matter but it is not a total loss.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 01:48 PM
Dont Be Stupid

What the Fuck is going on with Dallas

They are fucking up so bad

1: Highest crime rate in the Country
2: Deep Ellum no longer
3: They Lose the Cowboys to Arlington
4: and Now they lose the damn Cotton Bowl

Laura Miller needs a Raise with all this money that they are saving

95 gt - Work in progress...306,TFS heads,Holley systemax II,--It's Alive..After 3 years

2000 S-10 ZR2...Needs tires and a lift bad
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 02:04 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueThunder99TA
actually both schools stated if the Cotton Bowl isn't improved, they'll take the game to a home/away series. That was before the blueprints of Jerryworld were revealed, I imagine that might sway they're decision.

yep, that's my thoughts, as soon as they see a completed or damn near finished jerryworld they'll slide in that direction.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 02:07 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by veryslow
what is there to do in Arlington besides sit in traffic and go to chain restaraunts. i think ft worth will see some $$ as .

i think you just described every other town around dallas with that statement. Either way, better to have it there than where Texas Stadium is now with that clusterfuck after games.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 03:11 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly
I have always loved the cotton bowl. I hate to see it leave that location, but I love to see it being upgraeded. This was put in motion a long time ago when the BCS came about and the Cotton Bowl pretty much became a Tier II bowl instead of a New Years day battle of powerhouses. Now you have games nobody in the metroplex wants to go see. Hopefully this move will increase the status of the bowl and we can get some better teams to the area on New Years day. I do still long for the SWC champion playing there every New Years.....damn BCS screwed it all up.

how did the BCS screw it up when the SWC disassembled before the BCS was created? BCS started in '98 and the SWC was done with at the end of '95. Now, if you would've said the Bowl Alliance Commitee( or something along that line) screwed it up, you MIGHT be right. But i still think it was more than that, that ruiend the SWC.

just sayin
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 03:13 PM
I'm not Lucky, I'm Good

Ive come to the conclusion that Laura Miller and the BCS should hold hands, sing a song, and jump off a cliff. We could make it a DFW area holliday/parade/event! With Shiner as the main sponsor.

05 Dodge Ram 4x4
06 Yamaha R6

Never outrun your guardian angel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Have someone fuck you in the ass and another take your bike. See which one you hate more.
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 09:03 PM
Lifer

Laura Miller, the nail in the coffin for the city of Dallas. What a waste.

2007 SRT8-Grand Cherokee
2008 Cadillac Escalade
Sponsored Links
Advertisement