2007 NFL Combine - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

2007 NFL Combine

Time to see what these guys can really do and what they have to offer the big boys.

Cleveland won the coin toss this morning so they will pick 3rd and TB will pick 4th.

Some things of note:

- J'Marcus Russell has gained even more weight going up to 265lbs, 5 over his playing weight at LSU.

- Calvin Johnson has gained even more weight going up to 239lbs, 4 over his playing weight at Georgia Tech.

- Adrian Peterson WILL run the 40, Dwayne Jarrett will not.

I can see the weight gain for both of those top players as being potential problems as Russell has mobility at that size, but he doesn't need any more baggage to carry around.

Calvin Johnson was already big and if he gains any more weight, that may move him into a hybrid TE range. If he can run in the 4.35 - 4.40 range at that weight, look out.

Also, supposedly Brady Quinn was just a fucking rock when it came to physique. Shades of Stallone/Rambo era pumped up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 11:00 AM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
none of that matters for russell, johnson or peterson. jarrett won't run because he only runs a 4.6-4.8 40 time and knows it will knock him to late 2nd round to maybe even the next day
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 03:59 PM
Sticky Side Down

a lot of fast lineman today... pretty impressive.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 05:39 PM
CEO of......

too bad Quinn said he wasn't going to be there, we won't get to see those wounded ducks he throws.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
none of that matters for russell, johnson or peterson. jarrett won't run because he only runs a 4.6-4.8 40 time and knows it will knock him to late 2nd round to maybe even the next day
It does matter for Russell because even though he's a big guy, his weight that he showed up at is pudgey, even for him. He needs to be around the 250 mark.

I think Calvin Johnson just put himself over Russell after his performance today. He wasn't even going to run the 40 today and decided to afterall on just the spur of the moment. He went and borrowed a friend's shoes and proceeded to run a 4.35 40.

That is a 6' 5", 239lb guy running a freakin 4.35 40. Thats nuts. Some clocks had him at 4.31

Yamon Figurs ran a 4.30 and that doesn't surprise me at all because he used that speed against Texas this year on that punt return for a TD.

Peterson definately helped himself today by putting up a 4.38 today.

Robert Meachem also boosted himself up today with his 4.39. I think the Titans may take him with their 1st round pick.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 10:52 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
It does matter for Russell because even though he's a big guy, his weight that he showed up at is pudgey, even for him. He needs to be around the 250 mark.

I think Calvin Johnson just put himself over Russell after his performance today. He wasn't even going to run the 40 today and decided to afterall on just the spur of the moment. He went and borrowed a friend's shoes and proceeded to run a 4.35 40.

That is a 6' 5", 239lb guy running a freakin 4.35 40. Thats nuts. Some clocks had him at 4.31

Yamon Figurs ran a 4.30 and that doesn't surprise me at all because he used that speed against Texas this year on that punt return for a TD.

Peterson definately helped himself today by putting up a 4.38 today.

Robert Meachem also boosted himself up today with his 4.39. I think the Titans may take him with their 1st round pick.

no it won't, Russell will still go #1. 10 pounds over wait is nothing and the Raiders REALLY need a QB more than a WR. Of course, who can predict what Al Davis's dumbass is going to do.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 11:12 PM
AHMO!

Don't argue...venom is a pro scout...he knows what he read/heard on the radio that some sportscaster said Russel needs to be at 250 lbs!
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
Don't argue...venom is a pro scout...he knows what he read/heard on the radio that some sportscaster said Russel needs to be at 250 lbs!
rofl

high school, college, pros... venom *cough* google, espn, roto, scouts *cough* knows all
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 12:11 AM
Lsx>4.6

Damn I missed it...

No more hotrods.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 06:37 AM
Time Served

i went to high school with Justin Blalock from UT he had the most bench press's at 40 of 215pds at the combine.he graduated Plano East in 2002.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 01:02 PM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidaustin
rofl

high school, college, pros... venom *cough* google, espn, roto, scouts *cough* knows all
also HS recruiting,knowledge of what Vince Young likes to eat, when to sleep, what he likes to wear on the weekdays and who he is dating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
no it won't, Russell will still go #1. 10 pounds over wait is nothing and the Raiders REALLY need a QB more than a WR. Of course, who can predict what Al Davis's dumbass is going to do.
As long as Al Davis doesn't flip out, you are probably right, but honestly their best choice would be to draft Calvin Johnson and just sign someone like Jeff Garcia who can just be a placeholder for a better QB once they have a chance to get one.

Russell is definately a very talented QB, but he's not a QB that you can't pass on.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 11:41 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
As long as Al Davis doesn't flip out, you are probably right, but honestly their best choice would be to draft Calvin Johnson and just sign someone like Jeff Garcia who can just be a placeholder for a better QB once they have a chance to get one.

Russell is definately a very talented QB, but he's not a QB that you can't pass on.
the problem with wr's they might be great with the college stats and the combine drills but when they get to the nfl they seem to become somebody else.

there is no way I would ever take a wr in the 1st 10 picks unless the entire draft had nothing else to offer. he might be a great wr, but not a number 1 pick wr. I still say the raiders trade away that pick because al won't spend that kind of money
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
the problem with wr's they might be great with the college stats and the combine drills but when they get to the nfl they seem to become somebody else.

there is no way I would ever take a wr in the 1st 10 picks unless the entire draft had nothing else to offer. he might be a great wr, but not a number 1 pick wr. I still say the raiders trade away that pick because al won't spend that kind of money
You do realize that you just said Al Davis won't spend that type of money, right? That guy is about as senile as they come right now.

Calvin Johnson is a physical freak and if not for being on a shity GT team, he probably would have had even better #'s than he did and he still managed to rack up 1,202 yards and 15 TD's this past season. He's pretty much Terrell Owens and Randy Moss combined, but without the bad attitudes.

Again, Russell is a good QB, but isn't a great QB and definately is not a guy that you would consider as a player you can't pass on.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2007, 01:38 AM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
You do realize that you just said Al Davis won't spend that type of money, right? That guy is about as senile as they come right now.

Calvin Johnson is a physical freak and if not for being on a shity GT team, he probably would have had even better #'s than he did and he still managed to rack up 1,202 yards and 15 TD's this past season. He's pretty much Terrell Owens and Randy Moss combined, but without the bad attitudes.

Again, Russell is a good QB, but isn't a great QB and definately is not a guy that you would consider as a player you can't pass on.
al doesn't spend big money on kids, he throws it at old men about to retire.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2007, 02:38 AM
CEO of......

Quote:
al doesn't spend big money on kids, he throws it at old men about to retire.

you mean like....................................... Brad Johnson who just get released by the Vikings?
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 05:28 PM
F=W x A / g

Keep an eye on Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
too bad Quinn said he wasn't going to be there, we won't get to see those wounded ducks he throws.

Wounded Ducks? Wait and see how good he does in the NFL. He's the best QB in the draft. If the Raiders pass him up it will be a mistake.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTek
Wounded Ducks? Wait and see how good he does in the NFL. He's the best QB in the draft. If the Raiders pass him up it will be a mistake.
LAWL... omg... are you for real??
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 12:21 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTek

Notre Damn fans are so cute. Kind of like Ron Paulus(sp?) huh?

let me guess, you're gonna go ahead and crown Jimmy Clausen the best QB in college football now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement