Mavs vs hawks - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 05:11 AM Thread Starter
in memory of "lil' Roy"

Cool Mavs vs hawks

anybody going monday night to the game? my wife just won 2 tickets and we are going! this will be my first time to one of their games!

winner of 5 out of 9 at the 2007 spring cruise!
winner of 2 out of 4 at Redline 7/21/07
winner of 4 out of 5 at the 10/21/07 fall cruise!
2009 spring cruise- won 1 out of 2 races!!!!!!
2010 spring cruise- 4 wins 2 losses but only raced 1 guy on my list and as usual couldn't find the others!!!!

RIP Roy Sebastion Fraga "lil' Roy" born december 7th 2010 gone back to heaven december 7th 2010 you will always be in our hearts and thoughts my special little grandson.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 07:21 AM
SVT God

The games are so much fun!

2010 Chevy Equinox
1998 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 - RC 3" lift, 31" Duratracs
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 07:35 AM
Something clever

Congrats it will be a good time

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 11:02 AM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
mavs always seem to play down to this team, it might be closer than you all expect
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 12:35 PM
Time Served

The mavs maniaacs are doin a blues brothers preformance with dan ackroyd
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 05:39 PM
Gunga galunga

you will have a blast, they are always fun no matter where you sit... But I did love sitting behind the mavs bench a few weeks ago.

"Apres moi le deluge"

post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
in memory of "lil' Roy"

yea, the mrs. and I are looking foward to it!

2010 spring cruise- 4 wins 2 losses but only raced 1 guy on my list and as usual couldn't find the others!!!!

RIP Roy Sebastion Fraga "lil' Roy" born december 7th 2010 gone back to heaven december 7th 2010 you will always be in our hearts and thoughts my special little grandson.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 02:42 PM
Lifer

I've got tickets
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 07:30 PM
Time Served

man mavs are just playing great! everything is just flowing, specialy the 3's/
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 09:19 PM
gear jammer

Easy win for the Mavs.Only downer was J Howard being helped off the court with a sprained ankle.

Live..ride..dream

1998 Suzuki TL1000
1983 HD FXSB
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 09:38 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky
Easy win for the Mavs.Only downer was J Howard being helped off the court with a sprained ankle.

damn...left before that happened. That's actually a reocurrance.....several times in the last few weeks.

--wes
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 10:22 PM
Lifer

josh and dirk gotta have the weakest ankles.....

hope josh is ok though.....Good game by dirk,josh, and jet.....#12 baby.....Go Mavs

TFS heads
TFS cam
Parker intake
Holley carb

It's a 302 btw
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 10:40 PM

Howard did go with the team to Minnesota so let's hope he is able to play.

GO MAVS!!
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 11:35 PM
Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesman
damn...left before that happened. That's actually a reocurrance.....several times in the last few weeks.

Was it the same ankle?

<---to lazy to check

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 11:53 PM
Rolling with the homies

They've been talking about this since last week. Sounds to X-File'ish to me but you've got to wonder.

Quote:
Howard hurt in Mavs' 12th straight win

12:15 AM CST on Tuesday, February 27, 2007

By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News
[email protected]

Josh Howard rolls with the punches as well as any NBA player. But when it comes to rolling his ankle, he draws the line.

The All-Star forward injured his right ankle for the second time in three games when he came down on the foot of Atlanta's Joe Johnson in Monday night's 110-87 blowout of the Hawks at American Airlines Center.

Last week, it was Miami's Jason Kapono who charged at Howard after a jump shot. Howard landed on Kapono's foot and wrenched the same ankle.

Monday, it was Johnson who also was running at Howard after a desperation 3-pointer in the fourth quarter. Neither of those players is known as somebody who would push the boundaries of fair play. But the Mavericks now wonder if teams aren't instructing their players to run under Howard and other Mavericks on perimeter shots.

"I just know it was a point of emphasis in the [preseason] officials' meeting and there ain't nothing happening," Howard said. "It's happened to me five times this year. And I think I'm the only guy it happens to.

"Hopefully, they'll send the tapes in and have a talk with those people, because that ain't right. I'm the only one it's been happening to and I know it's not fate. Somebody's telling somebody to do something."

Fortunately, Howard's injury does not appear serious. X-rays after the game were negative and he was able to walk with only a slight limp. He was listed as day-to-day as the Mavericks boarded their flight to Minnesota, where they play the Timberwolves tonight.

Howard missed eight games early this season when he sprained his left ankle coming down from a jump shot. Golden State's Mickael Pietrus was the guilty party.

"Hopefully, he should be OK," coach Avery Johnson said. "But we got to really, really look at that play. I'll deal with it. And they [the referees] were aware of it."

Johnson said he's detected a trend of defending Maverick shooters in this fashion. Defenders have to respect Howard's drive to the basket so much that they back off of him when he's on an isolation play.

If he pulls up for the jumper, they have no choice but to lunge toward him, often coming down in the space where he took off from for the jumper.
Mavericks teammates and coach Avery Johnson evaluate injured forward Josh Howard.
LOUIS DELUCA / DMN
Mavericks teammates and coach Avery Johnson evaluate injured forward Josh Howard.

"If a shooter is landing in the same spot where he took off, he ought to get at least that," said Austin Croshere. "Josh gets up so high on his jumper, there's more of a chance for somebody to get under him."

Atlanta coach Mike Woodson said the idea of Joe Johnson using a dirty ploy was preposterous.

"I hope Josh isn't hurt, but that's just a basketball play," Woodson said. "We would never try to hurt anybody. In fact, we don't know how to hurt anybody right now."

That much was evident in the game, which the Mavericks took control of in the second quarter. They were never threatened after halftime as Dirk Nowitzki (27 points), Jason Terry (21) and Howard (20) led an efficient offense. Jerry Stackhouse had 19 points off the bench and Croshere was effective, too, as the Mavericks rolled to their 12th straight win.

The win came in spite of being shorthanded as Greg Buckner, already suffering from a broken nose, sat out after bruising his left knee against Denver on Saturday. With Devean George already out with a right knee injury, the Mavericks had to scramble in the backcourt. Buckner's status for tonight's visit to Minnesota will not be known until game time. Both Buckner and Howard made the trip.

And while the winning streaks keep getting more impressive this is their third of 12 or longer this season and their 20th in a row at home Avery Johnson was concentrating on other things.

"I'd like to have double [digit] winning streaks starting April 20," he said.

That would be at the start of the playoffs.

In the meantime, he'd settle for the league keeping a closer watch on defenders who crowd his shooters.

Mavericks (47-9) at Minnesota (26-30): 7 p.m. today

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 12:06 AM Thread Starter
in memory of "lil' Roy"

The mrs. and I had a great time! Mavs whooped that ass!

post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 12:20 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA DOOM
The mrs. and I had a great time! Mavs whooped that ass!
did you like the maniaacs blues brothers routine??
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 07:17 AM Thread Starter
in memory of "lil' Roy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignasty
did you like the maniaacs blues brothers routine??
yea, that was not too shabby! it might have been better if Akroyd(sp) would have joined in!

post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 07:37 AM
4 Cams are better than 1

Thumbs down

Mavs are playing allot of teams that are on a Back to Back...not impressive
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 08:03 AM
MFFL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced4V
Mavs are playing allot of teams that are on a Back to Back...not impressive
Knocking on wood here, but the Mavs haven't lost at all this year on the 2nd night of a back to back - something like 12-0. Does that impress you?
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 08:18 AM
4 Cams are better than 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_marc
Knocking on wood here, but the Mavs haven't lost at all this year on the 2nd night of a back to back - something like 12-0. Does that impress you?

yep...they only Impressive thing they have done this year I think was that they beat the Spurs on a back to back in S.A
post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 08:29 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil jose
They've been talking about this since last week. Sounds to X-File'ish to me but you've got to wonder.

I think your on to something...
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 09:25 AM
MFFL!

Quote:
yep...they only Impressive thing they have done this year I think was that they beat the Spurs on a back to back in S.A
Don't worry...looks like the Spurs are starting to streak and play some serious D again. I guess its that time of year.
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 09:28 AM
4 Cams are better than 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_marc
Don't worry...looks like the Spurs are starting to streak and play some serious D again. I guess its that time of year.

I see they are playing a bit better...but Spurs still need more to give it another shot at the Ring....now that D-Wade is out...Mavs are #1 favorite to win it
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 09:41 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Oh, you don't think going 47-5 in their last 52 games is much of an accomplishment, huh?

lol @ spurs homers

The Mavericks are having one of the GREATEST SEASONS IN THE HISTORY OF THE NBA and all you can say is you were impressed when they beat the Spurs in a back-to-back. lmgdao...
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 09:53 AM
4 Cams are better than 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird
Oh, you don't think going 47-5 in their last 52 games is much of an accomplishment, huh?

lol @ spurs homers

The Mavericks are having one of the GREATEST SEASONS IN THE HISTORY OF THE NBA and all you can say is you were impressed when they beat the Spurs in a back-to-back. lmgdao...

records dont mean shit....Avery Johnson has the best winning % in the last three years...and 0 rings....Any team can win 82 games and lose 0 but if they dont win when it counts it dont mean shit buddy.... Spurs 3 Mavs 0
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 09:59 AM
Lifer

Ancient history bro.

The Celtics have had 16 champioships, your beloved Spurs ain't jack shit either in the grand scheme of things. What was your point again?
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 10:01 AM
4 Cams are better than 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird
Ancient history bro.

The Celtics have had 16 champioships, your beloved Spurs ain't jack shit either in the grand scheme of things. What was your point again?

3 to Zip...is all I can say....anyways dont remember my point...Good luck to your Mavs this year = CHOKE
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 12:50 PM
Rolling with the homies

Quote:
3 to Zip...is all I can say....anyways dont remember my point...Good luck to your Mavs this year = CHOKE
Here we go again. What happened to the Spurs last year? Where are they now? Looks like the Spurs are on the down side of there "Dynasty"

2008 Lincoln MKZ
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 02:03 PM
4 Cams are better than 1

Quote:
Here we go again. What happened to the Spurs last year? Where are they now? Looks like the Spurs are on the down side of there "Dynasty"

Spurs choked and so did the Mavs...and the second part of your sentence might be true ...but they have won 6 in a row right now...they still have a little Juice left ...we all need to get togther some where and watch the next game somewhere....but I'm sure u got tickets for the game Evil one
post #31 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 12:06 AM
Rolling with the homies

Quote:
Spurs choked and so did the Mavs...and the second part of your sentence might be true ...but they have won 6 in a row right now...they still have a little Juice left ...we all need to get togther some where and watch the next game somewhere....but I'm sure u got tickets for the game Evil one
You got it, I've got tickets to the Spurs game and it's my last regular season game before the playoffs

What I'd like to add to your above statement is that the Spurs choked first and it was the Mavs doing the choking

I'd like to get together regardless for a game watching party regardless of who's playing. Since you live close to me we can figure something out later

2008 Lincoln MKZ
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #32 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 03:46 PM
4 Cams are better than 1

Thumbs up

Quote:
You got it, I've got tickets to the Spurs game and it's my last regular season game before the playoffs

What I'd like to add to your above statement is that the Spurs choked first and it was the Mavs doing the choking

I'd like to get together regardless for a game watching party regardless of who's playing. Since you live close to me we can figure something out later
sounds good bro...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement