More wisdom from Bobby Knight - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

More wisdom from Bobby Knight

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2771573

Quote:
"Because now you can have a kid come to school for a year and play basketball and he doesn't even have to go to class," Knight said Monday during the Big 12 coaches call. "He certainly doesn't have to go to class the second semester. I'm not exactly positive about the first semester. But he would not have to attend a single class the second semester to play through the whole second semester of basketball.

"That, I think, has a tremendous effect on the integrity of college sports."
He does have a good point even though he's talking about Kevin Durant here. College Basketball is B-O-R-I-N-G because nobody stays around.

On a sidenote: Kevin Durant's father said that it is actually considering coming back for next year.

P.S. - TT got their asses handed to them tonight. Ouch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 10:02 PM
Good times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
I was really hoping that wouldn't make it here.

I agree with B. Knight.

n/a
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT Lurch
I was really hoping that wouldn't make it here.

I agree with B. Knight.
LOL, even though I'm really not much of a basketball fan, that was a pretty bad whipping if I must say so. I was just hoping that they wouldn't blow that huge lead because they have done that on several occasions and could have had 2-3 more wins if they had not played like ass in the 2nd half.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 10:10 PM
Good times

I would've been VERY surprised to see that lead disappear, I didn't even recognize half of the guys on the floor tonight.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT Lurch
I would've been VERY surprised to see that lead disappear, I didn't even recognize half of the guys on the floor tonight.
Hey, they had a 15 point lead on Tennessee and had a higher lead than that at times, yet still lost in OT. With that young of a team, no lead is safe until it reads 0:00

They just don't have the depth right now to sustain the energy they come out with.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 08:36 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Doesn't Bobby have the highest percentage of his players who actually graduate? (if I said that right)

And I gegree. They really need to do like football and make them stay through their Jr. Year. But the NBA and all it's money grubbing won't allow that. I'm suprised they agreed with 1 year.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 10:48 AM
Never settle always excel

Quote:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2771573

He does have a good point even though he's talking about Kevin Durant here. College Basketball is B-O-R-I-N-G because nobody stays around.

On a sidenote: Kevin Durant's father said that it is actually considering coming back for next year.

This is where once again you have contradicted yourself. You stated this several weeks back

Quote:
I really don't care about basketball
But now you have started a thread about UT basketball when they heat up a little, LOL. You have once again proven yourself to be the sure fire band wagon UT fan. Good job owning yourself once again
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 04:40 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
This is where once again you have contradicted yourself. You stated this several weeks back

But now you have started a thread about UT basketball when they heat up a little, LOL. You have once again proven yourself to be the sure fire band wagon UT fan. Good job owning yourself once again

heat up a little?? you really don't follow basketball very much do you? Or are you just blinded by all the success that atm is having this year? lol i can understand that
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 04:42 PM
Time Served

hes a badass,,,,

hey a he has coached many...players...i think he should have the right to do what he feels...if u know what i mean....

[IMG][/IMG]
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:

Since when did Bobby Knight coach for Texas and how does me starting a thread with me stating that I agree with something he said in regards to college sports, specifically basketball, make me contradict myself?

It doesn't so go crawl back under your rock caveman.

I don't care about basketball and only watch it casually as its the only thing on this time of year.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Since when did Bobby Knight coach for Texas and how does me starting a thread with me stating that I agree with something he said in regards to college sports, specifically basketball, make me contradict myself?

It doesn't so go crawl back under your rock caveman.

I don't care about basketball and only watch it casually as its the only thing on this time of year.

LOL, whatever, you cared enough to start this post and add this "P.S. - TT got their asses handed to them tonight. Ouch". You really don't understand yourself at all, LOL. You need to look into some self awareness books
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
LOL, whatever, you cared enough to start this post and add this "P.S. - TT got their asses handed to them tonight. Ouch". You really don't understand yourself at all, LOL. You need to look into some self awareness books
Maybe it was the fact that Bobby Knight made that comment the same day Texas played them and whipped them perhaps?

I just hope for your sake that Durant doesn't go off for about a 30 spot on your boys in Austin.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-25-2007, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Maybe it was the fact that Bobby Knight made that comment the same day Texas played them and whipped them perhaps?

I just hope for your sake that Durant doesn't go off for about a 30 spot on your boys in Austin.
LOL whatever you need to tell yourself, but why would you care about what Durant does or doesn't do, you stated, "I don't care about basketball " unless you really do care and you have simply contradicted yourself once again, LOL.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 11:37 AM
Lifer

Quote:

Durant will get his but it takes more than just the one guy. For your guys sake the others better step up.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 08:47 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrp88lx's
Durant will get his but it takes more than just the one guy. For your guys sake the others better step up.

no shit
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
LOL whatever you need to tell yourself, but why would you care about what Durant does or doesn't do, you stated, "I don't care about basketball " unless you really do care and you have simply contradicted yourself once again, LOL.
I care about what he does because the guy is an unbelievable athlete and is DOMINATING a certain sport right now. I may not be that interested in basketball, but its always fun to see someone like that be so much better than everyone else around him, but he's still the same age.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement