Anyone else having Mavs (or Spurs) withdrawals? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
MFFL!

Anyone else having Mavs (or Spurs) withdrawals?

By the time its all said and done, it's going to have been a whole week inbetween games. At least we only have 2 days left. Usually, you have the All Star game, a day off and then begin play again. But that's ok...I'll take this extra time off because I'm sure the Mavs needed the rest. Nice little break before the final 29 regular season games.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
MFFL!

Well, heck. I just saw that the Spurs actually play tonight and tomorrow, so you guys don't have it so bad.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 10:29 AM
4 Cams are better than 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_marc
Well, heck. I just saw that the Spurs actually play tonight and tomorrow, so you guys don't have it so bad.

yeah they they are the team that plays the most Back to Back games but they should still pull both games off...

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 10:42 AM
Sports weenie @ full attn

Spurs withdrawls: Yes
Mavs withdrawls: Not so much

Too bad I just moved into a new house and won't have cable for a week

post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 10:49 AM
4 Cams are better than 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
Spurs withdrawls: Yes
Mavs withdrawls: Not so much

Too bad I just moved into a new house and won't have cable for a week

that sucks...no sports for a week
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 12:18 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

LOL @ people who still buy into the NBA.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
MFFL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
and LOL @ you showing up in most NBA related threads and bashing.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 12:53 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
and LOL @ you showing up in most NBA related threads and bashing.
I was wondering why there'd be withdrawals . . . are they on a break?
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 01:15 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn

Quote:
So exactly how many threads will you start/participate in when the Mavs make a run or when the Spurs lose this year?

post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 01:19 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
So exactly how many threads will you start/participate in when the Mavs make a run or when the Spurs lose this year?
Start? Zero. But I'll participate, especially when the worst officials crew of the year work games 3, 4, and 5 of the finals.
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 01:25 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Start? Zero. But I'll participate, especially when the worst officials crew of the year work games 3, 4, and 5 of the finals.

You posting up this shit in every NBA related thread is almost as annoying as SVTVenom spewing mindless bullshit about, well..... anything.
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 01:27 PM
4 Cams are better than 1

Go Spurs
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 01:38 PM
Fear the Stashe

since we are talkin about Mavs, anybody know anyone sellin ticktes for the Denver or Cleveland game here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 01:38 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky
since we are talkin about Mavs, anybody know anyone sellin ticktes for the Denver or Cleveland game here..

A friend has 4, top level. $200.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 01:48 PM
Fear the Stashe

i just need 2 tickets for me and my chick..

What game / section

Quote:
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 01:52 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
i just need 2 tickets for me and my chick..

What game / section

Section 315, row M. For the Cleveland game. I don't know the date off the top of my head, but it's the only home game against Cleveland left this year.

They aren't the greatest seats in the world, but he's been getting that and more for the seats in the last few weeks. Prices are about to go up again too, seeing as how a ton of people only start paying attention after the all star break. Oh, and he won't sell just two. All four or none at all.
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
MFFL!

Yeah, they've been going for high $$ on Craigslist, Ebay, and the Ticket Exchange. I got lucky and picked up a couple upper level, center court seats to the Dallas Utah game in April for $60 total. Even at that "cheap" price, that's nearly a 50% markup over face value. The Mavs are good entertainment though and that should be a good game. Most seats on those sites are $50+ EACH.
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 03:50 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Yeah, they've been going for high $$ on Craigslist, Ebay, and the Ticket Exchange. I got lucky and picked up a couple upper level, center court seats to the Dallas Utah game in April for $60 total. Even at that "cheap" price, that's nearly a 50% markup over face value. The Mavs are good entertainment though and that should be a good game. Most seats on those sites are $50+ EACH.

They bought partial season packages, solely for the purpose of playoff ticket options. Seeing as how they paid around $250 for a pair, per package; they are making some decent coin off of them. We've gone to maybe 2 games all year. The rest of the tickets went to waste. About a month ago, they started putting them up on ebay and they are selling like hotcakes, for major profit.

The tickets to the Heat game have several days left, I believe; and they are already at $190.
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 04:37 PM
Fear the Stashe

Would this be a good deal for the Miami/Mav game?

Quote:
Tickets are in Section 311, Row L Seats 5 and 6. I am willing to sell the two tickets for $150 ($75 each).

I've gone to probly 4 or 5 Mav games (crappy teams they've played) that my parents got free plantium tickets to... they hardly get them anymore..

So i am probly ignorant to actually buying Mav tickets

Quote:
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 05:03 PM
Along for the ride

I've had a little withdrawal but Texas A&M basketball has helped.

Looking forward to being at the game against Miami. That should take care of the withdrawals.

GO MAVS!!!

Marcus

'92 Emerald Green Mustang LX Hatch 5.0
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 06:08 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Would this be a good deal for the Miami/Mav game?

Good deal? No. Will you have a good time? Most likely.

I never said I'd pay what my buddy is asking for the tickets. But he's only doing it, because people are buying them up and paying outrageous prices for them. Those people are f'n crazy. When I go, I go for free, or I don't go at all. Between friends with season tickets, and the 4 different sets of season tickets my company holds, I don't need to pay for tickets.

I don't know about those exact seats you mentioned, but they are only 4 sections over, and one row closer than the ones my buddy has for sale. Just FYI - Face value on my buddy's tickets is $9 each. Can't say what the face value is on the ones you are interested in, but I'd be willing to bet it's within $4 per seat of what my friend's are. So you are most likely paying $60+ per seat over what face value is.
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 06:28 PM
Lifer

I had my tickets for the Heat up on the Mavs Trading Post and all 4 of my seats sold for $126 EACH for the upper level seats!! For that much of a profit, I'll sit at home and watch the game or go out with friends at a sports bar. The Miami game is the big ticket regular season game...I'd say the Cavs are next. They don't seem to be fetching as much but be prepared to shell out $$ for those.

'94 SVT Cobra

'66 GT Fastback
* Mid-Restoration
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 08:40 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
Good deal? No. Will you have a good time? Most likely.
Gotta also consider parking is $20, then $40 for Beer. Too bad all sports just keep getting worse.
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 08:46 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Gotta also consider parking is $20, then $40 for Beer. Too bad all sports just keep getting worse.

Up on the upper level, they have a place that sells import beer. You can get a 32 oz Corona for $8, I believe. Since I started doing that, I've honestly been getting my money's worth. Yeah, it's a little steep. But it damn sure beats paying $8 for a flat, unflavorful beer. $8 for 32 oz of Corona really isn't that much higher than most sports bars.
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 09:31 AM
Fear the Stashe

yeah fuck buying beer there, way overpriced.
I'd rather go out after the game or drink before anyways.

Quote:
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 02:33 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Up on the upper level, they have a place that sells import beer. You can get a 32 oz Corona for $8, I believe. Since I started doing that, I've honestly been getting my money's worth. Yeah, it's a little steep. But it damn sure beats paying $8 for a flat, unflavorful beer. $8 for 32 oz of Corona really isn't that much higher than most sports bars.
Wow, that's actually a good deal. I'll have to find it next time I'm at a stars game.
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 02:37 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Wow, that's actually a good deal. I'll have to find it next time I'm at a stars game.

It's right around Section 315. Don't remember the name of the joint though.
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 07:03 PM
Lifer

Quote:
It's right around Section 315. Don't remember the name of the joint though.
It's called the Motley Pub. I know it well. There are only two of them on the upper level. I guess it's a perk for being on the upper level...you can't go up and buy them and take them lower level.

'94 SVT Cobra

'66 GT Fastback
* Mid-Restoration
Sponsored Links
Advertisement