Why do Nascar Fans . . . - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 06:44 AM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Why do Nascar Fans . . .

Why does the Nascar fan in your office who knows you don't give a FLIP about Nascar continue to talk to you about the Race each freaking week?

I was begining to enjoy the off season.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 06:46 AM
que?

lol, st00pid nascar fans
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 07:20 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
Why does the Nascar fan in your office who knows you don't give a FLIP about Nascar continue to talk to you about the Race each freaking week?

I was begining to enjoy the off season.

Holy sheepshit....did ya see tha finish of that Daytona five-hunnerd???

Chuck
2001 Black Bullitt (For Sale)
2009 Black JK Unlimited X, M6, 35's
www.imboc.com
Rob (Tweakd) Memorial 3/13/05

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 07:22 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Turn left.
Turn left.
Turn left.
Turn left.
Turn left.
Turn left.
Turn... hang on a second. Yeah, turn left.

post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 07:27 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof
Turn left.
Turn left.
Turn left.
Turn left.
Turn left.
Turn left.
Turn... hang on a second. Yeah, turn left.
Ah... fuck! I thought you said turn right!

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 07:41 AM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbysCA
Holy sheepshit....did ya see tha finish of that Daytona five-hunnerd???
Yeah, in the ESPN highlights . . . the only way that a Race should be watched. Check out the wreck, check out the wreck, check out the wreck, check out the wreck, and photo finish. DONE.

But apparently it is questionable that the Yellow should have been pulled out, yet I thought that Nascar said that races wouldn't be finished under caution anymore . . . but either way it's got White Trash, I mean Nascar fans up in arms.

<--- Used to be some what of a Nascar fan until I saw first hand the kind of trash that it brings in out of the woods. I'm now more of a Indy and Formula 1 fan because it's more of a "gentleman's" sport. Nascar is for moonshiners.
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 08:45 AM
Never settle always excel

LOL at anyone who thinks NASCAR is simply a white trash sport. If you combine the total corporate advertising money of the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL it doesn't equal half of the money being pumped into NASCAR via corporate sponsorship. It's roots are of the redneck variety but no longer is that it's fan base. It is the number two sport being viewed on TV behind the NFL. It generates more money via tickets sales than any other sport in the world. If you have ever heard of Ryan Newman then you might have also heard he has a degree in engineering. Not all the drivers are rednecks either. I enjoy watching NASCAR and have been around the sport since I can remember being that I grew up in Virginia and my Uncle Paul was a mechanic for the Woods Brothers racing team in the 70's and 80's. I had no idea back then when we paid $5 for a ticket next to the flag man that those same tickets would run $350 plus now. Do the math and put that jug of hate-O-rade back on the shelf, LOL.
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 08:57 AM
not exclude

It might make money, I still find it horridly boring.
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 09:04 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
If you combine the total corporate advertising money of the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL it doesn't equal half of the money being pumped into NASCAR via corporate sponsorship.
Well, at least you realize it is a four-hour commercial.

And really, that's all it is. Strong running Home Depot Chevrolet Monte Carlo and Miller Lite Dodge Charger take each other out early. Pennzoil/Shell Chevrolet Monte Carlo beats GoArmy.com Chevrolet Monte Carlo in an exciting photo finish. Jack Daniels Chevrolet Monte Carlo flips and skids across the finish line upside down on fire. Fox Sports brings you this presentation of the Great American Race, the 2007 NASCAR Nextel Cup Daytona 500! Purchase advance tickets for the 2008 event at RaceTickets.com.

Jesus Christ, it's amazing how all the sponsors are clamoring to put their fucking name on that screen. It's like the guy with bad breath standing four inches from your face screaming to you about..... fucking NASCAR.
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 09:07 AM
Lifer

it is terribly boring to watch, unless you are on top of a war wagon or looking through a windshield..............

shake and bake...........

real cobras don't have fog lights
post #11 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Do the math and put that jug of hate-O-rade back on the shelf, LOL.
Yeah, and notice the IQ of the people who get bought into watching it. The people who realize it's a bit don't watch it.

And thanks to the younger drivers, it's nothing but a Bitching Fest. Nothing like it used to be when you'd put a driver into the wall simply because he was in the way.

I give Mark Martin one thing, the press was trying to get him to bitch about the outcome of the race, but he really didn't.
post #12 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 09:12 AM
Lifer

Quote:
LOL at anyone who thinks NASCAR is simply a white trash sport. If you combine the total corporate advertising money of the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL it doesn't equal half of the money being pumped into NASCAR via corporate sponsorship. It's roots are of the redneck variety but no longer is that it's fan base. It is the number two sport being viewed on TV behind the NFL. It generates more money via tickets sales than any other sport in the world. If you have ever heard of Ryan Newman then you might have also heard he has a degree in engineering. Not all the drivers are rednecks either. I enjoy watching NASCAR and have been around the sport since I can remember being that I grew up in Virginia and my Uncle Paul was a mechanic for the Woods Brothers racing team in the 70's and 80's. I had no idea back then when we paid $5 for a ticket next to the flag man that those same tickets would run $350 plus now. Do the math and put that jug of hate-O-rade back on the shelf, LOL.
My thoughts exactly. Some of those guys besides Ryan have good business heads on their shoulders. Dale Jr. and Jeff Gordon make millions a year through their own businesses. And if you look at some of those expensive motorhomes that show up.......... far from redneck to me.
On the other hand there are some people that show up that make me wonder how they could afford a ticket let alone how they found their way there. But the eye candy is plentiful.
What was funny after the race was the guy that crossed the finish line upside down and on fire......... when asked what it was like crossing the finish line like that, he was oblivious to the question and replied with " I thought I had a better finsh than 19th". Thats a true race car driver. LOL
post #13 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 09:24 AM
Lifer

Quote:
. Nothing like it used to be when you'd put a driver into the wall simply because he was in the way.

your argument was well thought out till that statement, which is on par with the mentality of most nascar fans. Professional athletes can end their competitors/friends career easily leaving them with no way to make a living. football, baseball, auto racing, it's all the same. I dont' know what you do for a living but if it involves your hands, how would you like them chopped off, could you feed your family?

post #14 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 09:33 AM
mannish boy

I was looking through some old Hot Rod mags from the 80's... I remember loving t-birds and monte carlos when I was in grade school because that's what they raced on the track! Those mags were really cool too... reports on different teams and some of the tech that went into those engines, etc.

now it's all about how much money you've got behind you, how popular you are and/or how greasy you can get those wheels. To me it's nothing more than Pro Wrestling w/ a better soundtrack. I can't watch either of them
post #15 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 10:52 AM
Back To Normal

its fun to watch them wreck!

Texan By Birth, Techsan By Choice.
post #16 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
It might make money, I still find it horridly boring.
I can understand that, as for me it's Baseball, I place that right below watching paint dry.
post #17 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grape
your argument was well thought out till that statement, which is on par with the mentality of most nascar fans. Professional athletes can end their competitors/friends career easily leaving them with no way to make a living. football, baseball, auto racing, it's all the same. I dont' know what you do for a living but if it involves your hands, how would you like them chopped off, could you feed your family?

And if you don't think driver's put other drivers in the wall on purpose, YOU'RE crazy.

The problem with today's driver is that they will get on their soapbox to bitch about it instead of take their medicine and "work it out" next week.
post #18 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Yeah, and notice the IQ of the people who get bought into watching it. The people who realize it's a bit don't watch it.

And thanks to the younger drivers, it's nothing but a Bitching Fest. Nothing like it used to be when you'd put a driver into the wall simply because he was in the way.

I give Mark Martin one thing, the press was trying to get him to bitch about the outcome of the race, but he really didn't.
How does ones IQ play into this, has there been a poll or a study on the average IQ of a NASCAR fan? I can only assertain that you lack the ability to reason through the thread that you started and expected most to agree with you and the rude and invalid assumtions you have already made regarding NASCAR's fanship.

I have always felt I was intelligent. I build my own engines in my garage out back; paint my own cars, hunt, and fish. I also have a BS in History, Graduate Degree in Curriculum Design and am 18 hours away from finishing my M.Ed in Educational Administration. I will then begin my PhD program and start working on my dissertation, which is loosely, based around the ideal of building a generation of test takers versus students who should be taught to analyze information and use critical thinking to focus on an outcome not the problem.

So you think the fact I like NASCAR=Lower IQ than you? I know why don't you look back in history when people equated the color of ones skin to their intellect or the idea that women were less than men
post #19 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 11:55 AM

i totally understand the 'all left turn 4-hour commercial' comments about nascar... and its funny because its true

but there is alot of really bad ass engineering involved in the cars these days and i personally enjoy the overall strategy involved throughout the entire race.

how changing temps affect the cars and the track... how fuel/tire strategy can pay off big time or fail miserably... how they dial in the suspension setups over the course of the race...

to each their own obviously... i enjoy it though.
post #20 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 12:18 PM
not exclude

Quote:
How does ones IQ play into this, has there been a poll or a study on the average IQ of a NASCAR fan? I can only assertain that you lack the ability to reason through the thread that you started and expected most to agree with you and the rude and invalid assumtions you have already made regarding NASCAR's fanship.

I have always felt I was intelligent. I build my own engines in my garage out back; paint my own cars, hunt, and fish. I also have a BS in History, Graduate Degree in Curriculum Design and am 18 hours away from finishing my M.Ed in Educational Administration. I will then begin my PhD program and start working on my dissertation, which is loosely, based around the ideal of building a generation of test takers versus students who should be taught to analyze information and use critical thinking to focus on an outcome not the problem.

So you think the fact I like NASCAR=Lower IQ than you? I know why don't you look back in history when people equated the color of ones skin to their intellect or the idea that women were less than men
Outlier.
post #21 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 12:28 PM
Time Served

Like everything else in the world, if you don't like it, don't watch it. If your co-worker bothers you, then you could, like an uninterested or otherwise bored with NASCAR person, politely tell him, "Hey man, I don't care for watching NASCAR". It's really not that difficult. As for being a redneck sport, yes at one time it was but that's hardly the case now. Alot of people make the same argument about drag racing, but most everyone on this site would disagree. Just like drag racing has more preparation and strategy than just "go fast and go straight", NASCAR has more strategy than just "turn left".
post #22 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:

You can call it what you want, but walk around a speedway on race day and you'll find a specific "type" person who enjoys this thing.

And that type isn't a majority of Doctors, Lawyers, executives, and since you brought it up, the black man. Are there Doctors, Lawyers, Executives, or African Americans who go? Sure, but they're not the norm.
post #23 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 12:41 PM
2-7 and still a fan!

Quote:
Are there Doctors, Lawyers, Executives, or African Americans who go? Sure, but they're not the norm.
Yeah they are at the Superspeedways in the luxury boxes, sittin in the climate controlled enviro, eating buffet's and sippin on champange, not even paying attention to the race until someone crashes and the look up to the 50 in. plasmas to see what happened I would rather go to the Devil's Bowl speedway on any given night then go to a NASCAR race in Ft. Worth and sit for 4 hours. How in the hell did these races get to 500 miles I'll never understand. I went to the first race in Texas and it was not fun, it took just as long to get in and out as the race did and for most of the 4 hours there it was boring! I'm sure it is a better time if I would have gong to the infield and sat with the motorhome peeps, but then I doubt I would even get to watch the race. These day's I turn on the T.V. with 1 hour left and then thats the best part of the race...'H'

Quote:
Originally Posted by centexchick View Post
I fuck, have sex, make love. If I break out the heels and leather...then a fucking it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz View Post
Cupping the bawls always helps with the sensation, Good rule of thumb is to tell the gal to rub the balls any chance/angle she gets.
post #24 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED32V
Yeah they are at the Superspeedways in the luxury boxes, sittin in the climate controlled enviro, eating buffet's and sippin on champange, not even paying attention to the race until someone crashes and the look up to the 50 in. plasmas to see what happened
That's what is wrong with All sports now days. There's always the Cocaine and Boob Job sections in the best seats of NHL and NBA games. It's a shame when the most cheering comes from the cheap seats. But I guess I just have too much "good old days" syndrome.
post #25 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 12:51 PM
que?

Quote:
That's what is wrong with All sports now days. There's always the Cocaine and Boob Job sections in the best seats of NHL and NBA games. It's a shame when the most cheering comes from the cheap seats. But I guess I just have too much "good old days" syndrome.
when i went to a mavs game i counted THREE jerseys/mavs shirts in the floor seats section
post #26 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 04:05 PM
Lifer

Quote:
And if you don't think driver's put other drivers in the wall on purpose, YOU'RE crazy.

The problem with today's driver is that they will get on their soapbox to bitch about it instead of take their medicine and "work it out" next week.
i got fined $5K in '01 for saying "fuck" on the radio.........go ahead and wreck somebody on purpose and see what you get.........i'm sure YOU'VE been there and know how it is........

post #27 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 04:07 PM
Lifer

<<< Fucking hates Nascar...

Bring on some Moto GP!!!!!

02-z28
post #28 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 04:08 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Dale Sr, is that you?

post #29 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 04:12 PM
que?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFingerPete
Dale Sr, is that you?
damn, that's kinda fucked up
post #30 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 04:16 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird
Well, at least you realize it is a four-hour commercial.

And really, that's all it is. Strong running Home Depot Chevrolet Monte Carlo and Miller Lite Dodge Charger take each other out early. Pennzoil/Shell Chevrolet Monte Carlo beats GoArmy.com Chevrolet Monte Carlo in an exciting photo finish. Jack Daniels Chevrolet Monte Carlo flips and skids across the finish line upside down on fire. Fox Sports brings you this presentation of the Great American Race, the 2007 NASCAR Nextel Cup Daytona 500! Purchase advance tickets for the 2008 event at RaceTickets.com.

Jesus Christ, it's amazing how all the sponsors are clamoring to put their fucking name on that screen. It's like the guy with bad breath standing four inches from your face screaming to you about..... fucking NASCAR.

exactly....

BTW, can we get this moved into the Hillbilly/Wrestling forum???
post #31 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 04:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoNeeds8
Nascar is for moonshiners

Hrmmm...

Old school (sorta):

New deal:

Same car...same make...same floorplan even!

I had no idea moonshiners had it so good!
post #32 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 08:36 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

Exclamation

Quote:
I have always felt I was intelligent.
https://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=315745

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #33 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino
LOL, I recall reading that and didn't feel it applied to me, perhaps this is a case of misery loves company and you seem to feel it applies to you and wish for others to join you? Good luck with that
post #34 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 12:51 PM
2-7 and still a fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFingerPete
Dale Sr, is that you?

...'H'

Quote:
Originally Posted by centexchick View Post
I fuck, have sex, make love. If I break out the heels and leather...then a fucking it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz View Post
Cupping the bawls always helps with the sensation, Good rule of thumb is to tell the gal to rub the balls any chance/angle she gets.
post #35 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 09:29 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Before I was interested in cars, I hated it and couldn't watch it for more than about 5 laps. I love it now and I think they do a great job with their broadcasts in having other things going on other than just the race. The cut-away car definately is a nice touch to the newb fan to help explain the technical jargon that is used i.e. wedge, trackbar, stagger, etc.

I personally like the larger speedways and super-speedways. Daytona and 'Dega are the best races of the year for sure.
post #36 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 09:43 PM
I'm callin you out!

I like nascar and so does everyone in my family. We are involved in dirt track racing at the devils bowl and to me there is nothing more exciting than watching 24 cars pour into one turn fighting for position. If you think we are a bunch of white trash then you are wrong. I don't know many white trash people who can make a 600 rwhp 2300 pound car hook up on dirt. That crap is not easy to do.
post #37 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 09:45 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Coupe
I like nascar and so does everyone in my family. We are involved in dirt track racing at the devils bowl and to me there is nothing more exciting than watching 24 cars pour into one turn fighting for position. If you think we are a bunch of white trash then you are wrong. I don't know many white trash people who can make a 600 rwhp 2300 pound car hook up on dirt. That crap is not easy to do.
People also don't realize the purchasing power and brand loyalty of NASCAR fans. They buy EVERYTHING even remotely related to their favorite driver, whether it be fan related merchandise or the actual products they are sponsored by.
post #38 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 09:50 PM
Which one's the clutch?

Nascar isent even a sport, i dont see how anyone could watch it.

: )

1987 Nissan pick up-wrecked
1984 Ponitiac grand am-sold
1988 Buick lasabre-sold
1987 Nissan 300zx-sold intake/exhaust
2001 Yamaha r6-sold slip on
2004 Yamaha r1-sold full exhaust
1991 Nissan 240sx-torn down,almost built up.
1994 toyota celica-blown up. exhaust
2005 Honda accord-daily.
post #39 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 09:50 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

i don't like NASCAR, but the driving talent there is immense.

one must realize that getting out of the draft for even 1 second can drop you to the back of the pack. and if you had watched sunday for any bit at all, you would have noticed that they were controlling those cars at 190+ while getting sideways and saving it.

you may not like it, but you should respect it.

although i get sick of people talking about it on tuesday.

post #40 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-23-2007, 03:46 PM
The Janitor

if the NASCAR driver talent is immense, Enduro racing, Rally, and Formula 1 racing talent must be colossal.
post #41 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 07:21 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32VfromHell
if the NASCAR driver talent is immense, Enduro racing, Rally, and Formula 1 racing talent must be colossal.

lol, people still don't get how people get rides, especially in road racing.............talent is directly proportional to the size of daddy's wallet. I'd say less than 100 people in this world get paid to turn both directions, the rest you see is bought rides. Half of the F1 feild pays the salairies of the number 1 driver, ever recognize names like Timo GLOCK, or Kubica (bowling electronics). you people crack me up.

post #42 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 11:09 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32VfromHell
Interestingly, Juan Pablo Montoya switched this year from F1 to Nascar. He was a very successful F1 driver, too. One of the announcers claimed that Montoya told them that the NASCAR is a bit harder to drive.

I guess the fact that he has previous oval experience(with CART and Indy 500) doesn't hurt, and I am sure it was more about money than anything.

I haven't been a NASCAR fan at all in the past, but since after the way the Daytona turned out, I caught myself watching an entire race(I even watched some of the Bush race on Saturday night ) Maybe I am just becoming more of a redneck

SC300 5spd
post #43 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 08:35 AM
Go Rangers!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by txsr20de
I haven't been a NASCAR fan at all in the past, but since after the way the Daytona turned out, I caught myself watching an entire race(I even watched some of the Bush race on Saturday night ) Maybe I am just becoming more of a redneck

nothing wrong with that at all.....
drink some beer and watch cars go 200+mph and wreck...I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Holy shit, well it's official, I am fuckin gay!
post #44 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 08:48 AM

National Association of Same Car Racing

Murph

1992 Taurus Half-Breed
whining alternator pulley

Domestic with an Import heart.
post #45 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 10:23 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph Tang
National Association of Same Car Racing

like i've offered people like you before, we are about to hang a clip on a truck chassis...........why dont' you tell me where you want the roll centers and we'll see how it works out lol.

Do you think we need to run a 5 degree and 8 degree kinpin split or should we go ahead and go with the 5 and 11 standard split. What are your thoughts on spindle hieghts and antidive, do you have any slug package numbers for the front geometry? Do you know the difference between an 02 and an 03+1/4 lower control arm? What about truck arm bushings, and beam width.

But maybe since you know all this stuff we can talk about the simple stuff like they talk about on tv...........shocks, springs and swaybars.

Just because you dont' know anything about it doesn't mean it's easy.........i promise.

post #46 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 10:25 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Earnhardt
FIXED!!
post #47 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 10:32 PM
Lifer

Quote:
<--- Used to be some what of a Nascar fan until I saw first hand the kind of trash that it brings in out of the woods. I'm now more of a Indy and Formula 1 fan because it's more of a "gentleman's" sport. Nascar is for moonshiners.
I use to enjoy NASCAR more before it became popular and all the well-to-do fuckers started showing up with all their headsets, radios and books. It's funny, but pathetic, watching them have to refer to the book to see who is driving what car. In the last 15 years since NASCAR has become so commercial, their product has gone down hill. I'd rather see the red neck country boys there and let the uppity, "my shit don't stink" crowd have their F1.

I was really an INDYCAR/CART fan, but they destroyed that gig when they got too big for their britches and didn't want to play with the IRL boys. NOW, we get to see the IRL boys go around in circles (boring). To me, road racing is where it's at. That's why I try to catch Watkins Glen and Riverside (Uh, I mean Sonoma) each year.

Last edited by line-em-up; 02-27-2007 at 11:07 PM.
post #48 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 12:42 AM
Gunga galunga

Do NASCAR drivers have talent, absolutely? Is there a lot of engineering and strategy involved, of course. Is it exciting... to me no

I would rather watch Rolex, F1, motto GP, WRC, Australian V8 super car etc. etc. Its more exciting watching cars hitting apex's, battling for the fastest line, and having to push it to the limit to gain position.

Oh yeah and not hanging it up because itís raining! OH NOES ITS RAINING...

You may call F1 snobish, but IMO its automotive perfection: 720hp V8's @ 19000rpms, running 2.5 times their weight in downforce, doing 220mph, and drivers pulling 4+g's in turns --->

"Apres moi le deluge"

Last edited by jakesford; 02-28-2007 at 12:48 AM.
post #49 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 02:39 AM
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by grape
like i've offered people like you before, we are about to hang a clip on a truck chassis...........why dont' you tell me where you want the roll centers and we'll see how it works out lol.

Do you think we need to run a 5 degree and 8 degree kinpin split or should we go ahead and go with the 5 and 11 standard split. What are your thoughts on spindle hieghts and antidive, do you have any slug package numbers for the front geometry? Do you know the difference between an 02 and an 03+1/4 lower control arm? What about truck arm bushings, and beam width.

But maybe since you know all this stuff we can talk about the simple stuff like they talk about on tv...........shocks, springs and swaybars.

Just because you dont' know anything about it doesn't mean it's easy.........i promise.

i don't think anybody said it was easy. pull your panties out of your crack and calm down. and don't write me back two paragraphs explaining shit, i don't care.

at this time i was going to throw out a Blazing Sadles line, but i wasn't sure who all would get it on this thread.
post #50 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 08:55 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesford

You may call F1 snobish, but IMO its automotive perfection: 720hp V8's @ 19000rpms, running 2.5 times their weight in downforce, doing 220mph, and drivers pulling 4+g's in turns --->
I love F1 racing, but after the article I read a few years ago about how the F1 crowd and security treated the average Joe when F1 came to the Indy speedway a few years ago, I decided I'm not going to waste my time with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement