t.u. vs. A&M - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 07:17 AM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

t.u. vs. A&M

or should I say Kevin Durant vs. A&M because he's the only thing that gives that team wins.

Tonight . . . who you got?

A&M
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 07:19 AM
Sports weenie @ full attn

Holy shit, A&M has a basketball team?

post #3 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 07:49 AM
I'm not Lucky, I'm Good

A&M, this isnt football season anymore. oh wait they won then too, nm

05 Dodge Ram 4x4
06 Yamaha R6

Never outrun your guardian angel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Have someone fuck you in the ass and another take your bike. See which one you hate more.

post #4 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 07:55 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
or should I say Kevin Durant vs. A&M because he's the only thing that gives that team wins.

Tonight . . . who you got?

A&M
Im going with A&M of course, but Durant is the shit, if hed stay so they can develop him some real support for him they would be unbelievable.
post #5 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 08:37 AM

That's the downfall of recruiting Blue Chip players. You get them for a year or two max. UT needs to start recruiting spares like A&M does and just keep them around for 4 years.

post #6 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 09:32 AM
Never settle always excel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
That's the downfall of recruiting Blue Chip players. You get them for a year or two max. UT needs to start recruiting spares like A&M does and just keep them around for 4 years.
LOL I like how you toss the insult in there as if A&M isn't worthy. It seems that in just his third season Billy Gillispie has moved the A&M program aces above where it was in 2003. If you do not recall he inherited a team that was 7-21 before his arrival and now is top ten and possibly could move to the top five soon. That is in just three seasons, so this senior class wasn't even recruited by him. You might want to read a little before you make yourself look so ignorant to the sport. I think UT has a great prgram and unlike you I do not need to bash them to make my team look better.

As for you question does A&M have a basketball team, uh yeah ! Seeing that A&M is currently alone on top of the Big 12 with a 7-1 conference record and is ranked 8th or 10th in the country depending on which poll you look at, I think we can say we have a basketball team. After the win over #6 Kansas on their court this past Saturday we should move up a spot or two. Of course this evening we host UT, which as always is great contest that comes down to the final minutes, so good luck this evening. Football season is over by the way, so we must move on to the next sport, Basketball of course. You do recall that A&M beat UT on their home field this season in football anyhow, so whatever.
post #7 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Holy shit, A&M has a basketball team?
This is what I hear . . . . who'da thunk it.

BTW: How many Bball National Championships does tu have? Or are you going to claim the UT System has one even though UTEP wasn't UT back then.

As far as I'm concerned, we're (texas schools) all even when it comes to Bball because of no NC's.
post #8 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 10:42 AM

Quote:
This is what I hear . . . . who'da thunk it.

BTW: How many Bball National Championships does tu have? Or are you going to claim the UT System has one even though UTEP wasn't UT back then.

As far as I'm concerned, we're (texas schools) all even when it comes to Bball because of no NC's.
If you want to go by NC's, then sure. But who's been to more Tournaments, Sweet 16s, Final 4s, etc?

UT's been in a bind the past 5 years because every good recruit they get leaves early. I don't like "what ifs", but hell, PJ Tucker, LaMarcus Aldrige, Daniel Gibson, AJ Abrams, and Kevin Durant on the floor at the same time? Teams like A&M can recruit spares knowing they'll get 4 good years out of them, and Billy Gillespie can work with them the whole time. The NBA is ruining college basketball and UT is a prime example.

post #9 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 11:32 AM
American Idol

Quote:
Those are some pretty damn good spares! UT just doesn't pay as well as the NBA.

"I don't have a problem with anger, I have a problem with idiots!"
post #10 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 11:38 AM

Quote:
If you want to go by NC's, then sure. But who's been to more Tournaments, Sweet 16s, Final 4s, etc?

UT's been in a bind the past 5 years because every good recruit they get leaves early. I don't like "what ifs", but hell, PJ Tucker, LaMarcus Aldrige, Daniel Gibson, AJ Abrams, and Kevin Durant on the floor at the same time? Teams like A&M can recruit spares knowing they'll get 4 good years out of them, and Billy Gillespie can work with them the whole time. The NBA is ruining college basketball and UT is a prime example.
Excuses are like assholes, Duke is a prime example of a program that works with some of the best Blue Chips and has a strong program every season. Maybe UT lacks the strong program philosophy needed to be on top for years at a time. A&M has a great coach who has moved the team into contention in less than four years. The senior recruits we have now were not recruited by Gillispie, so get off your bs excuses about our kids sticking around and blaming the NBA.

I guess you can blame the NFL for costing you all another title shot by taking VY? The success of the A&M program will now bring attention from Blue Chip players so we will be the same as UT, what matters is this year and how each team is currently ranked. Texas A&M is building a program, they didn't have one before. Maybe you should spend more time contemplating the future versus living in the past, if it is more than four years past does it really matter? The point being most great players only stay in college for 2 to 4 years before moving to the Pro's from any school not just UT.
post #11 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 12:19 PM
Lifer

not to mention A&M did lose antoine wright early!!!!
post #12 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
Excuses are like assholes, Duke is a prime example of a program that works with some of the best Blue Chips and has a strong program every season. Maybe UT lacks the strong program philosophy needed to be on top for years at a time. A&M has a great coach who has moved the team into contention in less than four years. The senior recruits we have now were not recruited by Gillispie, so get off your bs excuses about our kids sticking around and blaming the NBA.

I guess you can blame the NFL for costing you all another title shot by taking VY? The success of the A&M program will now bring attention from Blue Chip players so we will be the same as UT, what matters is this year and how each team is currently ranked. Texas A&M is building a program, they didn't have one before. Maybe you should spend more time contemplating the future versus living in the past, if it is more than four years past does it really matter? The point being most great players only stay in college for 2 to 4 years before moving to the Pro's from any school not just UT.
And how good is Duke right now? UT may not be on the same level as Duke, but all major NCAA basketball programs are suffering. Parody is king in NCAA basketball because of this. You think a George Mason would survive in any other sport? In the past 10 years, we've had 9 different champions. Name another sport where that's happened? I'm not making excuses for anyone. I'm just saying the sport is on the decline because the instant someone becomes a star, they're gone. This isn't the case yet so much in football, but I'm sure it's soon to come. I think UT needs to recruit players that they know will be around for atleast 2-3 years so they can build a solid core to count on.

post #13 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

LOL, I awoke the idiots
post #14 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 02:52 PM
Time Served

lets be honest when hot college coaching job comes open. A&M's coach will be the first mentioned and first to go. He wont be there long when a power house is looking for a coach. Take Tulsa for example. some of the best coaches came from that school and you would never know it. Lovie smith, nolan richardson,bill self,tim floyd,tubby smith.i wonder why they did not stay.HMMMMMMMMMm
I think A&M will defeat The u of Texas. but Durant wont be stopped.
post #15 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 03:07 PM
American Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJDCobra
lets be honest when hot college coaching job comes open. A&M's coach will be the first mentioned and first to go. He wont be there long when a power house is looking for a coach. Take Tulsa for example. some of the best coaches came from that school and you would never know it. Lovie smith, nolan richardson,bill self,tim floyd,tubby smith.i wonder why they did not stay.HMMMMMMMMMm
I think A&M will defeat The u of Texas. but Durant wont be stopped.
Indiana was looking last year. He turned it down. Kelvin "sanctions" Sampson took it. He may be looking past college, who knows.

post #16 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 03:08 PM
American Idol

Quote:
...I think UT needs to recruit players that they know will be around for atleast 2-3 years so they can build a solid core to count on.
You mean the "spares"?

post #17 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Jr
You mean the "spares"?
Pretty much. Blue Chippers don't get you anywhere unless you had the supporting cast Carmelo had.

post #18 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 03:21 PM
American Idol

Quote:
Pretty much. Blue Chippers don't get you anywhere unless you had the supporting cast Carmelo had.
Yep, that's true. We've got a 7 footer coming in and I bet he'll be gone after 2 years.

post #19 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Jr
Indiana was looking last year. He turned it down. Kelvin "sanctions" Sampson took it. He may be looking past college, who knows.
I don't think IU offered Gillespie anything. There was speculation that he'd be one of the top candidates, but I'm pretty sure nothing came of it. There's no question he'll be offered something after this year or next.

post #20 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 08:18 PM
not exclude

Very good game thus far.

D'oh on the missed dunk, Durant.
post #21 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 08:22 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Texas only shot 32% in the 1st half, but are only down 5 at halftime. Pretty reasonable for being on the road against a good Top-10 team. 5 points ain't shit to come back from. We'll see if Texas can shoot better in the 2nd half and pull ahead for the win.

Durant will definately need a 30+ night for Texas to win. His 3/10 shooting and 12 points in the 1st half ain't gonna do it. He's gonna have to pick it up here in the 2nd half.
post #22 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 09:22 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Well, this game is pretty much over. A&M's team depth showed tonight and exposed Texas' lack of depth. Not much of a surprise on that end of things.

Texas is just a bit too young this year to be able to play on the level they have the past few years. I just wish Durant would stay at least one more year.
post #23 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Two Words:

WHOOP
post #24 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJDCobra
lets be honest when hot college coaching job comes open. A&M's coach will be the first mentioned and first to go. He wont be there long when a power house is looking for a coach.

Lets be honest . . . A&M has M O N E Y.

Greggo on the Ticket has already talked to Billy Clyde about that, and he's leaning toward building a new dynasty.
post #25 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 09:32 PM
Race Tracks have Corners?

Football, now Basketball........

Venom's world is crashing down!

It's a rental!
post #26 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 09:33 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Well, this game is pretty much over. A&M's team depth showed tonight and exposed Texas' lack of depth. Not much of a surprise on that end of things.

Texas is just a bit too young this year to be able to play on the level they have the past few years. I just wish Durant would stay at least one more year.
I agree that if he stays UT will be a very good team next yr. Nice win for the AG's sticking withit even during a rough stretch!! GIG EM AG'S.....WHOOP!!!
post #27 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 09:34 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Lets be honest . . . A&M has M O N E Y.

Greggo on the Ticket has already talked to Billy Clyde about that, and he's leaning toward building a new dynasty.
Gillespie is a good coach, but if he really wants to build his career and make money, it won't be at College Station. A&M isn't a major market when it comes to basketball, despite their recent success. If the right offer comes along he'll move just like Sampson did from OU to Indiana.
post #28 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Gillespie is a good coach, but if he really wants to build his career and make money, it won't be at College Station. A&M isn't a major market when it comes to basketball, despite their recent success. If the right offer comes along he'll move just like Sampson did from OU to Indiana.

But like I said, A&M has stupid Money.
post #29 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 09:36 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ake
Football, now Basketball........

Venom's world is crashing down!
I really don't care about basketball so, not really. I knew Texas/Durant would have to play 'lights out' tonight against a much deeper team.
post #30 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 09:37 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
But like I said, A&M has stupid Money.
And other colleges don't?
post #31 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

If I were a t-sip, I'd be pissed durant will leave next year, he's damn good . . . and then I'd kill myself for being a t-sip.
post #32 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 09:38 PM
Race Tracks have Corners?

Quote:
And other colleges don't?
A&M will beat whatever anyone else offers. I don't think you realize what a cash cow that University is as far as donations are concerned.

It's a rental!
post #33 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 09:41 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
If I were a t-sip, I'd be pissed durant will leave next year, he's damn good . . . and then I'd kill myself for being a t-sip.
Not much anyone can do about it. Thats the way things are in the world of basketball. You don't have to be a fully developed player to get drafted and make insane amounts of money in the NBA.

Hell, if I knew I would have a $40-50 million dollar guaranteed deal, I'd say "screw college" too. You've got the rest of your life to get a degree, you've only got a small window to make that type of money.

I hope he stays at least one more year, but I highly doubt that happens.
post #34 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 09:42 PM
not exclude

Quote:
You should probably kill yourself anyway.

Just sayin'
post #35 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 09:43 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ake
A&M will beat whatever anyone else offers. I don't think you realize what a cash cow that University is as far as donations are concerned.
No, I realize how much money they have because they keep wasting it on Frantasic every year.

Still, you can't tell me that they could out-offer someone like Duke, North Carolina, Florida, UConn, etc.

I fully realize that those schools I listed won't have new coaches for a long, long time, but if they were in need of one, they'd out bid A&M easily.
post #36 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 09:44 PM
CEO of......

Quote:

you should kill yourself now just for being an idiot.

about what i was expecting tonight, upper classman team against a lower classman team.
post #37 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Not much anyone can do about it. Thats the way things are in the world of basketball. You don't have to be a fully developed player to get drafted and make insane amounts of money in the NBA.

Hell, if I knew I would have a $40-50 million dollar guaranteed deal, I'd say "screw college" too. You've got the rest of your life to get a degree, you've only got a small window to make that type of money.

I hope he stays at least one more year, but I highly doubt that happens.

Isn't he a little small to go pro? He's got the skills, but I think the NBA big men will eat him for lunch.
post #38 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 09:54 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Isn't he a little small to go pro? He's got the skills, but I think the NBA big men will eat him for lunch.
Dude, he is a freakin KG CLONE.

With the way he's been playing, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes before Oden now.
post #39 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 09:55 PM

Quote:
No, I realize how much money they have because they keep wasting it on Frantasic every year.

Still, you can't tell me that they could out-offer someone like Duke, North Carolina, Florida, UConn, etc.

I fully realize that those schools I listed won't have new coaches for a long, long time, but if they were in need of one, they'd out bid A&M easily.
I think you need to worry about UT not A&M, Gillispie will make a name for himself and I don't recall him having any interest in leaving. So stop trying to steer this ass whooping the other way. Face it, in the two biggest male NCAA athletic competitions this season A&M has won both. I think it is funny how nice the A&M fans are to you after all the shit you have talked about our school. You constantly try to down play A&M and excuse UT. How about you excuse your way to the loser seats and watch A&M move up in the polls.
post #40 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 09:57 PM

Quote:
I really don't care about basketball so, not really. I knew Texas/Durant would have to play 'lights out' tonight against a much deeper team.
Heck it shouldn't really bother you, after all you are not a real UT guy, you are a band wagon UT Football fan, hence the term fair weather.
post #41 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 10:01 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
I think you need to worry about UT not A&M, Gillispie will make a name for himself and I don't recall him having any interest in leaving. So stop trying to steer this ass whooping the other way. Face it, in the two biggest male NCAA athletic competitions this season A&M has won both. I think it is funny how nice the A&M fans are to you after all the shit you have talked about our school. You constantly try to down play A&M and excuse UT. How about you excuse your way to the loser seats and watch A&M move up in the polls.
I'm not the one who started the Gillispie talk. I merely said he'd leave if he got an offer from a bigger school.

Again, I knew that Texas/Durant would have to play lights out against A&M to beat them on the road. Texas' lack of depth is the main reason they lost this game and I think everyone knew that would be an issue going into this season. A&M is enjoying the fact that they have a significant amount of Seniors on their team. They are definately a good team, but they will be in a similar situation that Texas is in this year, next year.

Quote:
Heck it shouldn't really bother you, after all you are not a real UT guy, you are a band wagon UT Football fan, hence the term fair weather.
Its PT's weak "You didn't go to the school so you can't root for them" comment.

You really need to find something new because that is pretty pathetic, weak, and played out.

I honestly find Basketball pretty boring for the most part save for the Final 4 and the NBA Playoffs.
post #42 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 10:09 PM
Wolverines!!!

Quote:

A&M could outbid many many people outside of schools like DUKE or Georgetown. It isnt the schools sports prestige that garuntees their financial backing.
post #43 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Its PT's weak "You didn't go to the school so you can't root for them" comment.

You really need to find something new because that is pretty pathetic, weak, and played out.

I honestly find Basketball pretty boring for the most part save for the Final 4 and the NBA Playoffs.
No it is not that, I respect someone who at least stands up for UT in all their sports. Last season when UT was in the sweet 16 you and Hook em were all mouth but this season you don't care about Basketball? Whatever little boy, you are an idiot, LOL. I am going to bed, you bore me, you can't even remember what you do from one season to the next.
post #44 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 10:13 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
No it is not that, I respect someone who at least stands up for UT in all their sports. Last season when UT was in the sweet 16 you and Hook em were all mouth but this season you don't care about Basketball? Whatever little boy, you are an idiot, LOL. I am going to bed, you bore me, you can't even remember what you do from one season to the next.
I won't deny the fact that I was excited that they were having great success, but in terms of football vs. basketball....I could care less about basketball.

I guess since I don't root for UT's soccer team or swim team, that makes me a poor fan? Get real.
post #45 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 12:11 AM
CEO of......

Quote:

post like these are the reasons you shouldn't post much in this forum

one more thing about the game, i knew the defense was going to be a problem. UT couldn't get a stop when they needed to against KSU and they couldn't get it done against aggy either. They got about a month and a half to get that shit straightened out.
post #46 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 06:54 AM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Dude, he is a freakin KG CLONE.

With the way he's been playing, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes before Oden now.
Yeah, but he still looks like an 18 year old high school kid. I don't remember how small KG was coming into the league, but at least Lebron was 18 going on 28 when he went in. He needs some roids.

Speaking of small bball players . . . who was the white guy midget that Barnes put in when he gave up with a little over a minute to go? He looked like "Rudy" running onto the court.
post #47 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Yeah, but he still looks like an 18 year old high school kid. I don't remember how small KG was coming into the league, but at least Lebron was 18 going on 28 when he went in. He needs some roids.

Speaking of small bball players . . . who was the white guy midget that Barnes put in when he gave up with a little over a minute to go? He looked like "Rudy" running onto the court.
They said the same thing about KG, Kobe, Chris Bosh, etc. Adding muscle isn't near as hard as adding talent.

A&M has a good squad and the game went somewhat as expected. UT didn't play a lick of defense the entire game which is the norm for young teams. I would say they'll be alot more dangerous next year but who knows who'll be on the team.

post #48 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 08:58 AM

Quote:
I won't deny the fact that I was excited that they were having great success, but in terms of football vs. basketball....I could care less about basketball.

I guess since I don't root for UT's soccer team or swim team, that makes me a poor fan? Get real.
Got any syrup with that Waffle? LOL
post #49 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 10:37 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:

I like UT's swim team (but I'm a swimmer.) Matter of fact I'm wearing their t-shirt right now.

You should root for them. They are number 1 in the nation and just beat A&M 129-106 and took each event in the process at the Lone Star Showdown.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #50 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 10:46 AM
Old School

Jesus christ you guys have too much time on your hands. Give it up already.

I am impressed by A&M. They have a good TEAM where as Texas has a young group of talent that dont know each other and just run their offense though one player. It is mainly a circumstance that has come about because of Texas having some awesome players leave early.
With a guy like Durant, you gotta give it to him, but I have a feeling it is at the demise of the other players on the team. The rest of them look lost to say the least. I was hoping to see the Horns gel some as the season goes along, but so far, I havent seen it. I hold out hope, but March Madness is just around the corner.

Go Horns!

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
Sponsored Links
Advertisement