National Signing day is upon us - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

National Signing day is upon us

Just a little over 3 days till National Signing Day and a new group of recruits join their respective teams.

I'm definately glad to see Texas has yet another top-rated class coming in. I'm pretty sure some of these guys can make instant impact with all of the Seniors leaving this year.

Other than Nebraska, most of the other Big XII teams really lagged behind this year.

There are still several Top 100 guys who haven't committed at all, specifically #2 Joe McKnight. I was hoping he might come to visit Texas, but with him being from Louisiana, I didn't have my hopes up too high.

Texas' class is pretty much locked up, but they are still waiting on Christian Scott to make a decision. He's a 4-star Rivals250 player. He must be pretty good because Mack used his in-home on him this past Monday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Go ahead and add Christian Scott to the Texas commit list per Orangebloods. Just adding onto yet another Mack Brown/Texas Top 5 recruiting class.

Thats now:

2 5-Stars

16 4-Stars

5 3-Stars

1 2-Stars

USC landed a big recruit in Ronald Johnson. Most experts had him going to Michigan since he is a Michigan native and had never even been on a plane until his recruiting visits.

The only really big name left is Joe McKnight and he'll probably end up at LSU.

Only a few more hours till the LOI's get signed.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 05:20 PM
Fear the Stashe

OU didnt have a great recruiting year.. it was decent but nothing special.

Next years recruiting class already looks better then ours right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky
OU didnt have a great recruiting year.. it was decent but nothing special.

Next years recruiting class already looks better then ours right now
I think that is an understatement. The whole Bomar ordeal really hurt OU's ability to recruit with the threat of NCAA santions looming over the horizon.

'Big Game Bob's' ability to steal/keep Texas players has been reduced to next to nill. Out of the Top 100 players in Texas, OU got 5 in comparison to Texas' 22.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 09:28 PM
Fear the Stashe

I duno about our recruits for next year, but i read one of them was the top player in texas & the other two are also 5 star recruits...

Quote:
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
I duno about our recruits for next year, but i read one of them was the top player in texas & the other two are also 5 star recruits...
Rivals hasn't ranked anyone for the '08 class yet so those rankings are speculative.

A&M and OU are having to have their junior days significantly earlier now to try and get a jump on Mack/Texas.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 09:35 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

baylor's got a sleeper draft class this year. you laugh now, but they'll be solid at linebacker, picking up a 4 star cb from juco, and they're beefing up the line. also added a 4 star qb.

not gonna be battling for big 12 title next year, but they'll be up there.

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsretiredathlete
baylor's got a sleeper draft class this year. you laugh now, but they'll be solid at linebacker, picking up a 4 star cb from juco, and they're beefing up the line. also added a 4 star qb.

not gonna be battling for big 12 title next year, but they'll be up there.
Baylor has been "above average," in terms of their standards, the past few years. At least they weren't the worst team in the Big XII this year like they had been for a VERY long time.

Patin is a pretty decent pickup, but other than that, they didn't do that much and have the worst class in the Big XII.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 09:55 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Baylor has been "above average," in terms of their standards, the past few years. At least they weren't the worst team in the Big XII this year like they had been for a VERY long time.

Patin is a pretty decent pickup, but other than that, they didn't do that much and have the worst class in the Big XII.
i know...i'm always trying to put a positive look on their seasons

i don't have much to look forward to in a year and a half.

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsretiredathlete
i know...i'm always trying to put a positive look on their seasons

i don't have much to look forward to in a year and a half.
You can't expect much when your school is mainly for doctors. Doctors usually don't make the best football players.
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Fear the Stashe

we just jacked Travis Lewis From Nebraska

Quote:
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Less than 7 hours away now.

Joe McKnight still hasn't committed to anyone yet.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 10:13 PM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Less than 7 hours away now.

Joe McKnight still hasn't committed to anyone yet.
its down to LSU & Ole Miss from what i've read..

Quote:
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
its down to LSU & Ole Miss from what i've read..
More than likely it will be LSU, but I do find it kind of odd that such a high profile player still hasn't said a peep about where he is leaning towards going.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 09:30 AM
BOOMER SOONER!

Quote:
I think that is an understatement. The whole Bomar ordeal really hurt OU's ability to recruit with the threat of NCAA santions looming over the horizon.

'Big Game Bob's' ability to steal/keep Texas players has been reduced to next to nill. Out of the Top 100 players in Texas, OU got 5 in comparison to Texas' 22.
OU has very few scholarships to hand out because of all the underclassmen, don't think the Bomar thing scared too many off.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 09:48 AM
Fear the Stashe

we just picked up Ryan Broyles, decommited from OSU and we got him

This week has been alot better since we've picked up some big recruits..

McKnight picked usc

Quote:

Last edited by unkoricky; 02-07-2007 at 11:41 AM.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 01:56 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Keenan Robinson (OLB, PESH) picked UT. They are the "home school" for me now (closest HS, stadium right by) so I've seen him play quite a few times over the past couple of years.

Dude is bad ass and could either continue to develop at OLB or move to the inside. Rivals puts him at 97th overall but 4th in the OLB position. I've seen him as high as 1 in the OLB position rankings.

6' 3", 210 with a 4.5 40. Needs to work on the upper body strength a little (sub 300 bench) but he squats 450 according to Rivals.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 05:25 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Keenan Robinson (OLB, PESH) picked UT. They are the "home school" for me now (closest HS, stadium right by) so I've seen him play quite a few times over the past couple of years.

Dude is bad ass and could either continue to develop at OLB or move to the inside. Rivals puts him at 97th overall but 4th in the OLB position. I've seen him as high as 1 in the OLB position rankings.

6' 3", 210 with a 4.5 40. Needs to work on the upper body strength a little (sub 300 bench) but he squats 450 according to Rivals.

Kindle last year and Robinson this year, along with Muckleroy in there, UT's linebacker core could be scary in a couple of years

unkoricky- I know y'all got Lewis from NU, but why in the hell did i hear that he did the horns down sign for? It's not like UT had him under there belt. Just strange is all i'm sayin.
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 05:54 PM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe

unkoricky- I know y'all got Lewis from NU, but why in the hell did i hear that he did the horns down sign for? It's not like UT had him under there belt. Just strange is all i'm sayin.
blah it gets annoying.. really dont understand why he did that..its just a popular thing to do for any player that isnt a Longhorn i guess...

But im glad we got him

we moved up alot of spots after today, from like 23 to 14 in team rankings..

Quote:
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 06:06 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
blah it gets annoying.. really dont understand why he did that..its just a popular thing to do for any player that isnt a Longhorn i guess...

But im glad we got him

we moved up alot of spots after today, from like 23 to 14 in team rankings..

yeah, i understand if UT went after him hard and then he did it. But what's up with the KICKER doing it as well????? a kicker!!!!!!????? lol 5'6" people are brave these days
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 06:21 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn

Everyone has penis envy for UT. I would too if I ended up in f'n Norman.

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 06:25 PM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
yeah, i understand if UT went after him hard and then he did it. But what's up with the KICKER doing it as well????? a kicker!!!!!!????? lol 5'6" people are brave these days
hahah wtf didnt know any of this was giong on..But yeah pretty funny to see a kicker doing it.. i just hope it doesnt come back to haunt us in the RRS or something..

Now its almost as bad as everyone saying " I am signing with THE (insert college here " as if that school is Miami or something.

Quote:
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 06:28 PM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 09:18 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
hahah wtf didnt know any of this was giong on..But yeah pretty funny to see a kicker doing it.. i just hope it doesnt come back to haunt us in the RRS or something..

Now its almost as bad as everyone saying " I am signing with THE (insert college here " as if that school is Miami or something.

watch out with that "THE" stuff, you'll make nassty nate mad LOL
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
watch out with that "THE" stuff, you'll make nassty nate mad LOL
Its almost as if Ohio State players think that is a trademark they own. They'll probably try to sue other universities' players who say it ala A&M trying to sue the Seahawks for using 'The 12th Man'

I can't believe that McKnight went to USC. I think any reasonable person would have thought he was going to LSU with them being his most recent visit and all of the Katrina/staying home/rebuilding Louisiana/etc.

I'm definately happy with how Texas did in ending up with a Top 5 class. They could have been higher had Rivals not taken stars away from some Texas players i.e. Chiles going from a 5-Star to a 4-Star simply because he didn't play much in the Army All-American Game.

Time to work on the '08 class with Junior Day starting this Sunday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement