Favre coming back... - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Favre coming back...

for his 17th season. What a fucking beating. Can he just not retire, and give the Pack a chance to get better?

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 03:26 PM
Is it cold in here?
 
spankustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Missouri
Posts: 7,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
for his 17th season. What a fucking beating. Can he just not retire, and give the Pack a chance to get better?

He want to make sure that "NOBODY" can beat his record for most career INTERCEPTIONS!!!!! LOL

He should have retired a couple years ago!!


[email protected] on some 275 60's!
http://media.putfile.com/Neely-tulsa-final-round001
spankustang is offline  
post #3 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankustang
He want to make sure that "NOBODY" can beat his record for most career INTERCEPTIONS!!!!! LOL

He should have retired a couple years ago!!
No shit!

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
 
post #4 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 08:28 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
I can't believe this.

Favre is doing more harm than good here. The Packers need to find out whether Aaron Rogers has anything or not so they can know if they need to draft another QB.

I like Favre for the most part, but you've got to know when to quit and he obviously does not know when is when.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #5 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 06:26 PM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
for his 17th season. What a fucking beating. Can he just not retire, and give the Pack a chance to get better?
he wants to beat marino's records for td's that is his only goal he needs 6 or 7 I think to beat him, never mind he needs 3 extra seasons to do so.
Cartman is offline  
post #6 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 09:26 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: From a town called fresh off your Ass
Posts: 574
You guys are a fucking joke. For those who have not seen Aaron Rodgers play he is terrible. He will not make it even after Favre retires. Favre is still an awesome Qtrback and blows Romo or whoever ur gay ass thinks is good out the water. If that wasn't the case the team and the hierarchy of the organization would push him out. He does have a problem with forcing the ball but that happens when the team is down anyway and looking for a spark to win the game. Farve has continually won in this league with average talent around him. The Guy has only had 1 losing season in 16 years with the Packers. Mind you this is the smallest market in the league with some of the coldest weather. Yet he has only one losing season in 16 years. Those that doubt are ignorant to the game of football.

1990 Gt: Nice and Totaled, courtesy of a Domino's pizza delivery boy.

2003 Gsx-r 600: SOLD

K7 GSXR-1000: PCIII, Racefit mega slip on, Gafler brake line, Ohlins damper
hustleman is offline  
post #7 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by hustleman
You guys are a fucking joke. For those who have not seen Aaron Rodgers play he is terrible. He will not make it even after Favre retires. Favre is still an awesome Qtrback and blows Romo or whoever ur gay ass thinks is good out the water. If that wasn't the case the team and the hierarchy of the organization would push him out. He does have a problem with forcing the ball but that happens when the team is down anyway and looking for a spark to win the game. Farve has continually won in this league with average talent around him. The Guy has only had 1 losing season in 16 years with the Packers. Mind you this is the smallest market in the league with some of the coldest weather. Yet he has only one losing season in 16 years. Those that doubt are ignorant to the game of football.
You MUST be a "cheesehead" to spout that bullshit. If he had left two years ago, like he should have, he would have remembered as being great. Now he'll just be another "has-been", with the world record for interceptions tucked safely under his belt. Funny thing is, if Romo wins a Superbowl, he'll be tied with Favre...1 apiece! Watch who you call "gay". Judging by your age, I might be your daddy...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #8 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 01:25 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: From a town called fresh off your Ass
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
You MUST be a "cheesehead" to spout that bullshit. If he had left two years ago, like he should have, he would have remembered as being great. Now he'll just be another "has-been", with the world record for interceptions tucked safely under his belt. Funny thing is, if Romo wins a Superbowl, he'll be tied with Favre...1 apiece! Watch who you call "gay". Judging by your age, I might be your daddy...

He might be able to win one if they pull is skillet grip ass off of holding snaps. LOL. I'm sorry I know in this day and age I should be more politically correct, homosexual asses. You throw Romo in that young inexperienced team and they wouldn't of won 3 games. Farve was one game short of the cowboy's record with half the talent. Continue to be ignorant about things and play in to the media hype that he has lost his talent.

1990 Gt: Nice and Totaled, courtesy of a Domino's pizza delivery boy.

2003 Gsx-r 600: SOLD

K7 GSXR-1000: PCIII, Racefit mega slip on, Gafler brake line, Ohlins damper
hustleman is offline  
post #9 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 01:41 PM
I'm not Lucky, I'm Good
 
SouthernSVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Day-dreaming
Posts: 3,600
Favre is still a good QB and will be remembered as a great for the rest of his life, he is returning for another season because of his complete love of the game. I see absolutly nothing wrong with this. Hell ask anyone in Wisconsin if they would like to see Brett Favre go, most would probably laugh at you. The Green Bay Favres will have a giant self-image crisis on there hands when he leaves.

Im still trying to figure out how Romo got brought up in all this, but that kid is going to be a great QB for many years. All these people who jumped on the little "Romo sucks bandwagon" are going to be wearing #9 jerseys later next year. Fair weather fans might as well cheer for the Eagles for all I care. Dont worry he will not be holding snaps next year, hes too important to the Cowboys for that.

They will both be in the Hall of Fame Some day.

05 Dodge Ram 4x4
06 Yamaha R6

Never outrun your guardian angel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Have someone fuck you in the ass and another take your bike. See which one you hate more.
SouthernSVT is offline  
post #10 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
He's been done for two years. If the Pack didn't need the income from his "blind faithful", he'd have been gone long ago. They just don't have the balls to cut a Hall of Famer. I don't know why you're hung up on Romo...he's just better than what the Cowboy's had. Is he Favre? No. But...lets look at this last season.
Favre: 56% comp. 72.7 rating 18 Td's 18 Int's

Romo: 65.3% comp. 95.1 rating 19 Td's 13 Int's

Now, if Romo sucks, where does that put Favre? In the shitter...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #11 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 01:59 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: From a town called fresh off your Ass
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
He's been done for two years. If the Pack didn't need the income from his "blind faithful", he'd have been gone long ago. They just don't have the balls to cut a Hall of Famer. I don't know why you're hung up on Romo...he's just better than what the Cowboy's had. Is he Favre? No. But...lets look at this last season.
Favre: 56% comp. 72.7 rating 18 Td's 18 Int's

Romo: 65.3% comp. 95.1 rating 19 Td's 13 Int's

Now, if Romo sucks, where does that put Favre? In the shitter...
Favre would have better stats with the talent Romo has (Owens, Glenn, Witten etc.. to throw to). Take a look at the receivers Favre had to throw to. Besides Driver, name someone else. Just to let you know Favre or not, Lambeau is sold out ever single game. There is like a 30 year waiting list for season tickets. They don't need him there to sell tickets. Season tickets have been locked up before Favre and will be after he retires.

1990 Gt: Nice and Totaled, courtesy of a Domino's pizza delivery boy.

2003 Gsx-r 600: SOLD

K7 GSXR-1000: PCIII, Racefit mega slip on, Gafler brake line, Ohlins damper
hustleman is offline  
post #12 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 02:06 PM
I'm not Lucky, I'm Good
 
SouthernSVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Day-dreaming
Posts: 3,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by hustleman
Favre would have better stats with the talent Romo has (Owens, Glenn, Witten etc.. to throw to). Take a look at the receivers Favre had to throw to. Besides Driver, name someone else. Just to let you know Favre or not, Lambeau is sold out ever single game. There is like a 30 year waiting list for season tickets. They don't need him there to sell tickets. Season tickets have been locked up before Favre and will be after he retires.
Donald Driver, Greg Jennings (on my fantasy football team, 1st place WooHoo), Bubba Franks.

05 Dodge Ram 4x4
06 Yamaha R6

Never outrun your guardian angel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Have someone fuck you in the ass and another take your bike. See which one you hate more.
SouthernSVT is offline  
post #13 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: From a town called fresh off your Ass
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSVT
Donald Driver, Greg Jennings (on my fantasy football team, 1st place WooHoo), Bubba Franks.

Jennings was hurt majority of the year and Bubba who? That cat is terrible.

1990 Gt: Nice and Totaled, courtesy of a Domino's pizza delivery boy.

2003 Gsx-r 600: SOLD

K7 GSXR-1000: PCIII, Racefit mega slip on, Gafler brake line, Ohlins damper
hustleman is offline  
post #14 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 04:17 PM
2-7 and still a fan!
 
BOOSTED32V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: In a place that has become a ghost town...
Posts: 16,954
Thumbs down

If you think the Green Bay Fudge Packers are going to be competitive this year with BF, you are in for a rude awakening this season IF he makes starter which I doubt, he will only be a bench warmer but, I doubt he will take that role and will retire after the pre-season ...'H'

Quote:
Originally Posted by centexchick View Post
I fuck, have sex, make love. If I break out the heels and leather...then a fucking it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz View Post
Cupping the bawls always helps with the sensation, Good rule of thumb is to tell the gal to rub the balls any chance/angle she gets.
BOOSTED32V is offline  
post #15 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 05:18 PM
Fear the Stashe
 
unkoricky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The C
Posts: 3,227
he needs to retire.. he is holding up the orginization and not letting Aaron Rogers get any playing time at all..they pretty much wasted a 1st round pick if Rogers nevers sees the field as a Packer when his contract is up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
unkoricky is offline  
post #16 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 06:34 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: From a town called fresh off your Ass
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED32V
If you think the Green Bay Fudge Packers are going to be competitive this year with BF, you are in for a rude awakening this season IF he makes starter which I doubt, he will only be a bench warmer but, I doubt he will take that role and will retire after the pre-season ...'H'
Why would they not??? they were competitive this year. Only missed the playoffs because Washington didn't beat the Giants. Along with the rest of your statement is absolute nonsense. Why would they waste 9 million dollars to have him on the bench? Your beloved Romo couldn't go there and knock him out of the starting postion, much less Aaron Rodgers. Remember the Cowboys only had one more win with way more talent then the Packers.

1990 Gt: Nice and Totaled, courtesy of a Domino's pizza delivery boy.

2003 Gsx-r 600: SOLD

K7 GSXR-1000: PCIII, Racefit mega slip on, Gafler brake line, Ohlins damper
hustleman is offline  
post #17 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by hustleman
Why would they not??? they were competitive this year. Only missed the playoffs because Washington didn't beat the Giants. Along with the rest of your statement is absolute nonsense. Why would they waste 9 million dollars to have him on the bench? Your beloved Romo couldn't go there and knock him out of the starting postion, much less Aaron Rodgers. Remember the Cowboys only had one more win with way more talent then the Packers.
You just made my argument valid: NO ONE can knock Favre out of his starting position. They're leaving it up to him and his egotistical ass. THAT'S MY POINT! I can't believe folks up there in the frozen tundra, would settle for another year of MEDIOCRITY! He is, and has been, MEDIOCRE, at best! Forget Romo...Take the Bears QB out of the mix, and Id take a name out of a hat, instead of Favre. Hell, I'd take Eli Manning! At least he's not 40 years old, and has a FUTURE!

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #18 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 07:56 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 3,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED32V
If you think the Green Bay Fudge Packers are going to be competitive this year with BF, you are in for a rude awakening this season IF he makes starter which I doubt, he will only be a bench warmer but, I doubt he will take that role and will retire after the pre-season ...'H'
This comment pretty much sums up this thread. Roger Staubach or Troy Aikman never were even close to being as great as Brett Favre...and Romo....hahahahahaha. The STATS speak for themselves. Brett is only like 35 games away from breaking the record for Consecutive Starts by ANY POSITION, much less a QUARTERBACK! In this day and age with the way these guys get hurt that is unheard of...anyone who plays that much is going to throw a shit load of picks.

Here you go boosted...just so you can compare YOUR dallas cowboys....i did alittle homework!

Brett Favre(going on 17 seasons NEVER MISSING A GAME!)-Passing yards=57,500 Completions=5,021 TD passes=414

Troy Aikman(only played 12 seasons due to excessive injuries)-passing yards=32,942 Completions=2,898 TD passes=161! ha!

Roger Staubach(only played 11 seasons)-passing yards=22,700 Completions=1,685 TD passes=153

I realize I live in Cowboys Country, so I understand all you guys are biased
Thurston is offline  
post #19 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 08:00 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 3,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
You just made my argument valid: NO ONE can knock Favre out of his starting position. They're leaving it up to him and his egotistical ass. THAT'S MY POINT! I can't believe folks up there in the frozen tundra, would settle for another year of MEDIOCRITY! He is, and has been, MEDIOCRE, at best! Forget Romo...Take the Bears QB out of the mix, and Id take a name out of a hat, instead of Favre. Hell, I'd take Eli Manning! At least he's not 40 years old, and has a FUTURE!
Brett was 6th in the league in passing yards! i dont know about you but i am more of a win now guy then win later...brett gives us the best chance to win now!
Thurston is offline  
post #20 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 08:10 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurston
Brett was 6th in the league in passing yards! i dont know about you but i am more of a win now guy then win later...brett gives us the best chance to win now!
Not when he's got a 1/1 TD/INT ratio. That won't get you to the playoffs.

He's now had two straight seasons of being under 75 in QB Rating and there is no way you can tell me that is simply because Javon Walker was hurt/gone.

He's done and should hang it up so the Packers can see whether Aaron Rogers has anything to offer (doubtful) or if they need to go draft another QB and cut their losses with Rogers. By Favre staying there, they are missing out of some quality guys at the QB position that are coming out this year and will be coming out in the next few years.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #21 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 08:32 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: From a town called fresh off your Ass
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Not when he's got a 1/1 TD/INT ratio. That won't get you to the playoffs.

He's now had two straight seasons of being under 75 in QB Rating and there is no way you can tell me that is simply because Javon Walker was hurt/gone.

He's done and should hang it up so the Packers can see whether Aaron Rogers has anything to offer (doubtful) or if they need to go draft another QB and cut their losses with Rogers. By Favre staying there, they are missing out of some quality guys at the QB position that are coming out this year and will be coming out in the next few years.
As for the 1 to 1 ratio, that almost did get them in the playoffs. They had the same record as the Giants that made the playoffs. You also missed the point that almost everyone on offense was injuried two seasons ago when they went 4-12. Shit against Atlanta they were on their 4 string running back. Along with that they had to pull receivers up from the practice squad to fill in for the over depleted receiving corp. You guys need to get over Rodgers because he is not going to do shit anywhere. He is terrible.

1990 Gt: Nice and Totaled, courtesy of a Domino's pizza delivery boy.

2003 Gsx-r 600: SOLD

K7 GSXR-1000: PCIII, Racefit mega slip on, Gafler brake line, Ohlins damper
hustleman is offline  
post #22 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 08:41 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by hustleman
As for the 1 to 1 ratio, that almost did get them in the playoffs. They had the same record as the Giants that made the playoffs. You also missed the point that almost everyone on offense was injuried two seasons ago when they went 4-12. Shit against Atlanta they were on their 4 string running back. Along with that they had to pull receivers up from the practice squad to fill in for the over depleted receiving corp. You guys need to get over Rodgers because he is not going to do shit anywhere. He is terrible.
Almost doesn't mean jack shit. They were a .500 team, plain and simple.

I'm not saying that Aaron Rogers is good or is the answer for the Packers, but they at least need to find out what he has to know whether or not they wasted a 1st round pick. If he's a bust, they can cut his ass, save some money, and cut their losses. Right now, they are wasting their time and money, two very valuable resources in the NFL, in which they could use on someone else to provide them with the ability to become a better team.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #23 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 09:34 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 3,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Almost doesn't mean jack shit. They were a .500 team, plain and simple.

I'm not saying that Aaron Rogers is good or is the answer for the Packers, but they at least need to find out what he has to know whether or not they wasted a 1st round pick. If he's a bust, they can cut his ass, save some money, and cut their losses. Right now, they are wasting their time and money, two very valuable resources in the NFL, in which they could use on someone else to provide them with the ability to become a better team.
hey venom you seem like one of those "im never wrong" guys, if i may ask...who is your nfl team of choice?
Thurston is offline  
post #24 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 09:47 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurston
hey venom you seem like one of those "im never wrong" guys, if i may ask...who is your nfl team of choice?
I'm merely offering up my opinion on the matter. Personally, I like the Cowboys, Colts, and Titans.

I have nothing against Favre and think he's had a great career. I'd rather not seem him go out like Aikman did. He could have gone out with at least some dignity after the last game of the season this year.

Every year Favre stays, the hole gets deeper for the Packers when it comes to the QB situation once he does retire.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #25 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Troy Aikman-12 seasons, 3 Superbowls

Roger Staubach-11 seasons, 2 Superbowls

Brett Favre-17 seasons, 1 Superbowl

On that note, I think I'll rest my case...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #26 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 12:58 AM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Every year Favre stays, the hole gets deeper for the Packers when it comes to the QB situation once he does retire.
just like marino, at least he was man enough to let the dolphin's try to move on and start over at qb. the longer he stays the harder it will be to recover from. farve just wants to own the records.
Cartman is offline  
post #27 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 10:24 AM
I'm not Lucky, I'm Good
 
SouthernSVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Day-dreaming
Posts: 3,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
You just made my argument valid: NO ONE can knock Favre out of his starting position. They're leaving it up to him and his egotistical ass. THAT'S MY POINT! I can't believe folks up there in the frozen tundra, would settle for another year of MEDIOCRITY! He is, and has been, MEDIOCRE, at best!
Green Bay fans will gladly receive another year of Favre. They want Favre to be remembered as the best, the more records he holds the better he will look in Canton. He will be good enough to fight for the playoffs and they will be happy with that for some QB records.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
Forget Romo...Take the Bears QB out of the mix, and Id take a name out of a hat, instead of Favre. Hell, I'd take Eli Manning! At least he's not 40 years old, and has a FUTURE!
Romo may not be a superstar yet, but he is still better than a big portion of NFL quarterbacks right now. At his young age he is easily worth more than Favre to a team. As for Eli, his brother is a great QB, but Eli is not Peyton. He never will be, he probably wouldnt even start for a number of teams. Eli's future is an average NFL QB at best. He is no Favre or Romo, more of a Qunicy Carter.

05 Dodge Ram 4x4
06 Yamaha R6

Never outrun your guardian angel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Have someone fuck you in the ass and another take your bike. See which one you hate more.
SouthernSVT is offline  
post #28 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 10:31 AM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSVT
Green Bay fans will gladly receive another year of Favre. They want Favre to be remembered as the best, the more records he holds the better he will look in Canton. He will be good enough to fight for the playoffs and they will be happy with that for some QB records.



Romo may not be a superstar yet, but he is still better than a big portion of NFL quarterbacks right now. At his young age he is easily worth more than Favre to a team. As for Eli, his brother is a great QB, but Eli is not Peyton. He never will be, he probably wouldnt even start for a number of teams. Eli's future is an average NFL QB at best. He is no Favre or Romo, more of a Qunicy Carter.
forget both of them they can't hold joey harrington's jock
Cartman is offline  
post #29 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 10:47 AM
I'm not Lucky, I'm Good
 
SouthernSVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Day-dreaming
Posts: 3,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
forget both of them they can't hold joey harrington's jock
Why would anyone want to hold Harrington's.....nevermind. All I got to say is Joey Harrington is one step away from being worthless. I would take Romo or Favre without one of their receivers before I would take Harrington with an allstar squad.

05 Dodge Ram 4x4
06 Yamaha R6

Never outrun your guardian angel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Have someone fuck you in the ass and another take your bike. See which one you hate more.
SouthernSVT is offline  
post #30 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 11:14 AM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSVT
Why would anyone want to hold Harrington's.....nevermind. All I got to say is Joey Harrington is one step away from being worthless. I would take Romo or Favre without one of their receivers before I would take Harrington with an allstar squad.
it was a joke, seeing as that is what we are stuck with for the dolphins. not sure if culpepper will ever be good again.
Cartman is offline  
post #31 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 11:31 AM
2-7 and still a fan!
 
BOOSTED32V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: In a place that has become a ghost town...
Posts: 16,954
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
Troy Aikman-12 seasons, 3 Superbowls

Roger Staubach-11 seasons, 2 Superbowls

Brett Favre-17 seasons, 1 Superbowl

On that note, I think I'll rest my case...
Thank you Vertnut, I was just about to post that same stat, Aikman's only problem when he retired, he was not mobile enough to get out of the way or scramble a little, the O-line was going through a transition as well.
Staubach knew he had to many concussions and he took the advise of his Dr.'s and moved on.
Favre, he is being greedy wanting to break all of Marinos records on his way to the hall (which I don't think he deserves) I'm sure Manning will break them all anyway. You Cheeseheads need to take those hats off and look at the above stat, you know damn well those two Cowboy's QB's are way better than Favre ever was or will be, because I doubt he will win anymore Superbowls.
How in the hell did Romo get invloved in this, I sure as hell didn't bring it up and I don't see how comparing a 1st year starter to a 17 year veteran has ANY bearing on this conversation? As far as the fumbled snap, give ma a fucking break, he has never fucked one up (first time for everything) and it's not like it has not happened either, before or since then. (SBXLI) ...'H'
BOOSTED32V is offline  
post #32 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Yeah, H, the other guys knew when to quit...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #33 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 09:20 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 3,241
once again, a TEAM wins a superbowl! brett has never had a team like the 90's cowboys.
Thurston is offline  
post #34 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 09:23 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 3,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
Yeah, H, the other guys knew when to quit...
and they did that often! 237 consecutive games started...this forum is obviously biased.
Thurston is offline  
post #35 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurston
once again, a TEAM wins a superbowl! brett has never had a team like the 90's cowboys.
forgive me if I'm wrong, but now you sound like an "i'm never wrong" guys.

Slowhand is offline  
post #36 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 09:30 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurston
and they did that often! 237 consecutive games started...this forum is obviously biased.
and you're not biased at all considering you sucked farve's cock.

Slowhand is offline  
post #37 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 10:09 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurston
once again, a TEAM wins a superbowl! brett has never had a team like the 90's cowboys.
Do the names Dorsey Levens, Antonio Freeman, Desmond Howard, Andre Rison, and REGGIE WHITE ring a bell?

http://www2.jsonline.com/packer/arc/13097/prost715.html

He had plenty of talent around him. That team underachieved by only winning one Super-Bowl.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #38 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 10:22 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: From a town called fresh off your Ass
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED32V
Thank you Vertnut, I was just about to post that same stat, Aikman's only problem when he retired, he was not mobile enough to get out of the way or scramble a little, the O-line was going through a transition as well.
Staubach knew he had to many concussions and he took the advise of his Dr.'s and moved on.
Favre, he is being greedy wanting to break all of Marinos records on his way to the hall (which I don't think he deserves) I'm sure Manning will break them all anyway. You Cheeseheads need to take those hats off and look at the above stat, you know damn well those two Cowboy's QB's are way better than Favre ever was or will be, because I doubt he will win anymore Superbowls.
How in the hell did Romo get invloved in this, I sure as hell didn't bring it up and I don't see how comparing a 1st year starter to a 17 year veteran has ANY bearing on this conversation? As far as the fumbled snap, give ma a fucking break, he has never fucked one up (first time for everything) and it's not like it has not happened either, before or since then. (SBXLI) ...'H'

Shit who couldn't win a superbowl with the squad the Cowboys had in the early 90's & 70's for that matter. Look what happened to Aikman when he lost the surrounding talent. He sucked. Look what Brett continually does with with a new core of receivers like every two years. Puts up yards, touchdowns and none losing seasons 15 of his 16years actually playing. I'm sure the records are in the back of his mind... just like any man would have that there, but his emotions after each win and lost shows he is in there for the love of the game and hope of a championship. Favre has done all this in the smallest market in the league and some of the coldest weather where free agents and high profile players do not want to go play. Out of all the years Favre has been in Green Bay name a receiver, running back or tight ends that has made it to the the Hall of fame. Oh look at all the receivers, running backs, tight ends ect... that have made it from the 70 and 90s cowboys. Like I said before Favre had consitantly won and put up his stats with mediocre talent surrounding him.

1990 Gt: Nice and Totaled, courtesy of a Domino's pizza delivery boy.

2003 Gsx-r 600: SOLD

K7 GSXR-1000: PCIII, Racefit mega slip on, Gafler brake line, Ohlins damper

Last edited by hustleman; 02-06-2007 at 11:27 PM.
hustleman is offline  
post #39 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 10:27 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: From a town called fresh off your Ass
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Do the names Dorsey Levens, Antonio Freeman, Desmond Howard, Andre Rison, and REGGIE WHITE ring a bell?

http://www2.jsonline.com/packer/arc/13097/prost715.html

He had plenty of talent around him. That team underachieved by only winning one Super-Bowl.

LOL, Reggie White is the only one that deserves any recognition. Freeman a close second, but he was just a good route runner not a hall of famer. Dorsey Levens had maybe 2 good years in his career. Howard, holy shit what a bust besides returning punts and kicks. Don't even need to mention Rison... good luck seeing his name on a hall a fame ballet. Geez put the rosters against each other and compare the talent before you make a comment like that.

1990 Gt: Nice and Totaled, courtesy of a Domino's pizza delivery boy.

2003 Gsx-r 600: SOLD

K7 GSXR-1000: PCIII, Racefit mega slip on, Gafler brake line, Ohlins damper
hustleman is offline  
post #40 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 10:37 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by hustleman
LOL, Reggie White is the only one that deserves any recognition. Freeman a close second, but he was just a good route runner not a hall of famer. Dorsey Levens had maybe 2 good years in his career. Howard, holy shit what a bust besides returning punts and kicks. Don't even need to mention Rison... good luck seeing his name on a hall a fame ballet. Geez put the rosters against each other and compare the talent before you make a comment like that.
Dorsey Levens' career was shortened by injuries, not by lack of talent. He was one of the best RB's in the game at the time.

Thats only mentioning the people that were on that Super-Bowl team. I'm not even including some of the other pretty good players he's had around him like Javon Walker, Donald Driver, Ahman Green, Charles Woodson, Bubba Franks, etc.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #41 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 11:19 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: From a town called fresh off your Ass
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Dorsey Levens' career was shortened by injuries, not by lack of talent. He was one of the best RB's in the game at the time.

Thats only mentioning the people that were on that Super-Bowl team. I'm not even including some of the other pretty good players he's had around him like Javon Walker, Donald Driver, Ahman Green, Charles Woodson, Bubba Franks, etc.
Dorsey Levens was no Emmit Smith. Also injuries are a part of the game. If you can't use the guy he's worth shit. Just like when Walker was injured. The guy might be good but if he can't step on the field is meaningless.

Ok, Javon Walker: (2 years), 1 game= injury then gone. I will give Green to you he is good, minus the early fumbling problem. Charles Woodson: He wasn't that good in his prime with Oakland much less now. Bubba Franks only comes though between the 20's and that has subsided drastically in the last 3-4 years. I would of been more impressed if you mentions Mark Chmura over Bubba Franks.

1990 Gt: Nice and Totaled, courtesy of a Domino's pizza delivery boy.

2003 Gsx-r 600: SOLD

K7 GSXR-1000: PCIII, Racefit mega slip on, Gafler brake line, Ohlins damper
hustleman is offline  
post #42 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 11:21 PM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurston
and they did that often! 237 consecutive games started...this forum is obviously biased.
but wouldn't marino be right there with him if not for the strike that took place?
Cartman is offline  
post #43 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 11:56 PM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurston
and they did that often! 237 consecutive games started...this forum is obviously biased.


that's easy to do when you're hooked on pain killers.

oh yeah, that's one more record BF holds, most consecutive games played while on the pain killers
bert89coupe is offline  
post #44 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 05:46 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Most of the Cowboy's talent pool of the early '90's, came from a blockbuster trade involving Hershel Walker...remember him? Most of the "superstars" surrounding Aikman, came from Minnesota, and weren't even starters! Jack Del Rio? Gimmee a fuckin' break! Nate Newton, and most of the Cowboy line AND defense, were retreads from other teams. Aikman (who you say was no good), Emmitt, and Irvin were drafted to the Cowboys out of college. Hell, Johnson wanted Alonzo Highsmith for god sakes, over Emmitt! Landry actually got Aikman and Irvin (the year before). Back to my ORIGINAL bitch about Favre...he should be GONE! He was great, and I'm not denying that, but it is way past his time. He's losing his lustre by trying to hang on. If you guys are REALLY Packer fans, you'd see it as a move to better the team.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #45 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 10:33 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by hustleman
Dorsey Levens was no Emmit Smith. Also injuries are a part of the game. If you can't use the guy he's worth shit. Just like when Walker was injured. The guy might be good but if he can't step on the field is meaningless.

Ok, Javon Walker: (2 years), 1 game= injury then gone. I will give Green to you he is good, minus the early fumbling problem. Charles Woodson: He wasn't that good in his prime with Oakland much less now. Bubba Franks only comes though between the 20's and that has subsided drastically in the last 3-4 years. I would of been more impressed if you mentions Mark Chmura over Bubba Franks.
Of course Levens is no Emmit Smith, but who is? The fact is, Levens was one of the best RB's in the league at that time so there is no excuse that he didn't have good players around him. They may not have been all HOF'ers, but they were pretty damn good.

Javon Walker had a 1,300+ yard, 12 TD season in 2004 yet they still ended up only 10-7 and got beat in the NFC Wild Card game by the Vikings. Again, he was one of the best WR's in the league that year, yet they couldn't get past the 1st round of the playoffs. As you stated above, injuries are a part of the game.

Charles Woodson didn't do much in Oakland because that team was mediocre before the year they got to the Super-Bowl and they took a nose-dive into crapiness right after that. He was in the Top 5 this year in INT's with 8. Only Champ Bailey and Asante Samuel had more than him. Thats pretty damn good company if you ask me.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #46 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 08:41 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: From a town called fresh off your Ass
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Of course Levens is no Emmit Smith, but who is? The fact is, Levens was one of the best RB's in the league at that time so there is no excuse that he didn't have good players around him. They may not have been all HOF'ers, but they were pretty damn good.

Javon Walker had a 1,300+ yard, 12 TD season in 2004 yet they still ended up only 10-7 and got beat in the NFC Wild Card game by the Vikings. Again, he was one of the best WR's in the league that year, yet they couldn't get past the 1st round of the playoffs. As you stated above, injuries are a part of the game.

Charles Woodson didn't do much in Oakland because that team was mediocre before the year they got to the Super-Bowl and they took a nose-dive into crapiness right after that. He was in the Top 5 this year in INT's with 8. Only Champ Bailey and Asante Samuel had more than him. Thats pretty damn good company if you ask me.
And who do you think got him the ball to get the 12td and 1,300. Who do you think got him the ball to make him look that good and score that much. He didn't put up that much in Denver this year. Just like he has made every receiver that shows up on that team look good. They are nobodys (except Sterling Sharpe) when they show up in Green Bay then leave as decent to well known receivers there after. In the end, its beating a dead horse because you and the other degenerates will not understand that he still has the talent and competitiveness to win and put up numbers in this league. Even if its with a young unproven team.

1990 Gt: Nice and Totaled, courtesy of a Domino's pizza delivery boy.

2003 Gsx-r 600: SOLD

K7 GSXR-1000: PCIII, Racefit mega slip on, Gafler brake line, Ohlins damper
hustleman is offline  
post #47 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 10:43 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by hustleman
And who do you think got him the ball to get the 12td and 1,300. Who do you think got him the ball to make him look that good and score that much. He didn't put up that much in Denver this year. Just like he has made every receiver that shows up on that team look good. They are nobodys (except Sterling Sharpe) when they show up in Green Bay then leave as decent to well known receivers there after. In the end, its beating a dead horse because you and the other degenerates will not understand that he still has the talent and competitiveness to win and put up numbers in this league. Even if its with a young unproven team.
You do realize that Javon Walker was still in the Top 15 WR's this year in yardage (1,084 yards) and in the Top 16 in TD's (8) and having to deal with a QB switch to a ROOKIE in the middle of the season, right?

I've never said that Brett Favre wasn't a good QB, but he does not have the skill level he once had and his rising TD/INT ratio and reduced QB Rating indicates this.

Its time to 'hang 'em up' and ride off into the sunset on what has definately been a HOF career.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #48 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 07:57 AM
Lifer
 
bobs94formula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Terrell
Posts: 3,137
I think it's funny he mentioned TO in talent pool that Romo has. TO is a joke.

92 5.0 LX hatch

bobs94formula is offline  
post #49 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 11:07 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: From a town called fresh off your Ass
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
You do realize that Javon Walker was still in the Top 15 WR's this year in yardage (1,084 yards) and in the Top 16 in TD's (8) and having to deal with a QB switch to a ROOKIE in the middle of the season, right?

I've never said that Brett Favre wasn't a good QB, but he does not have the skill level he once had and his rising TD/INT ratio and reduced QB Rating indicates this.

Its time to 'hang 'em up' and ride off into the sunset on what has definately been a HOF career.

He may of been up there in yardage but he sure didn't match the stats he put up when Favre was throwing to him. With what u said a young Qrtback couldnt match what Favre is doing at age in which he should retire according to you. Culter is a young Qtb that should of been able to get him the ball all the time and feed him touchdowns according to your logic. According to you Walker should be the brightest star with a young qtrback throwing to him. But guess what that wasn't the case and Farve was still making Driver the receiver he is with 200 more yard receiving and the same number of touchdowns as Walker. So what you are saying that Farve is a good qtrback but the Packers should go to Rodgers which is an absolute bust, and will not QB in the NFL but for 1 year maybe after Favre retires.


Not even close. He is easily within the top 10 of todays qtrbacks even being 37 years old. Manning, Palmer, Brady, Hasselback (maybe), are better then him at age 37. If you even think anyother qtrback is close to him right now i laugh. Just know that the Packers and Cowgirls will play this upcoming year in Dallas, so all of you doubters may witness his greatness. Have fun, Cuz I will.

1990 Gt: Nice and Totaled, courtesy of a Domino's pizza delivery boy.

2003 Gsx-r 600: SOLD

K7 GSXR-1000: PCIII, Racefit mega slip on, Gafler brake line, Ohlins damper

Last edited by hustleman; 02-09-2007 at 11:20 PM.
hustleman is offline  
post #50 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 11:38 AM
Is it cold in here?
 
spankustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Missouri
Posts: 7,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurston
This comment pretty much sums up this thread. Roger Staubach or Troy Aikman never were even close to being as great as Brett Favre...and Romo....hahahahahaha. The STATS speak for themselves. Brett is only like 35 games away from breaking the record for Consecutive Starts by ANY POSITION, much less a QUARTERBACK! In this day and age with the way these guys get hurt that is unheard of...anyone who plays that much is going to throw a shit load of picks.

Here you go boosted...just so you can compare YOUR dallas cowboys....i did alittle homework!

Brett Favre(going on 17 seasons NEVER MISSING A GAME!)-Passing yards=57,500 Completions=5,021 TD passes=414

Troy Aikman(only played 12 seasons due to excessive injuries)-passing yards=32,942 Completions=2,898 TD passes=161! ha!

Roger Staubach(only played 11 seasons)-passing yards=22,700 Completions=1,685 TD passes=153

I realize I live in Cowboys Country, so I understand all you guys are biased

I think you forgot a BIG stat!!

273 INT's


Oh yea,
Aikman had 141 INT's


[email protected] on some 275 60's!
http://media.putfile.com/Neely-tulsa-final-round001

Last edited by spankustang; 02-10-2007 at 11:45 AM.
spankustang is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome