Week 9 BCS Standings - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Week 9 BCS Standings

Texas jumps up 2 spots to #7.

1. Ohio St. (8-0) 1 2848 1.008 1 1575 1.016 3 .930 .9764 1
2. Michigan (8-0) 2 2685 .950 3 1454 .938 1T .970 .9451 3
3. USC (6-0) 3 2640 .935 2 1469 .948 1T .970 .9430 2
4. West Virginia (7-0) 4 2480 .878 4 1394 .899 14 .510 .7551 5
5. Auburn (7-1) 7 2114 .748 7 1178 .760 6 .750 .7466 4
6. Florida (6-1) 9 1969 .697 8 1051 .678 4 .820 .7261 6
7. Texas (7-1) 5 2342 .829 5 1308 .844 13 .520 .7241 9
8. Louisville (7-0) 6 2164 .766 6 1205 .777 9 .640 .7215 7
9. Notre Dame (6-1) 10 1830 .648 10 1019 .657 8 .730 .6730 8
10. California (7-1) 11 1733 .613 12 923 .595 5 .810 .6680 10
11. Tennessee (6-1) 8 1981 .701 9 1046 .675 11 .590 .6497 11
12. Clemson (7-1) 12 1729 .612 11 962 .621 15 .440 .5525 12
13. Arkansas (6-1) 14 1342 .475 14 700 .452 10 .600 .5051 13
14. Rutgers (7-0) 15 1129 .400 16 557 .359 7 .740 .4966 16
15. Boise St. (8-0) 16 1109 .393 15 667 .430 12 .540 .4509 15
16. LSU (6-2) 13 1373 .486 12 923 .595 20 .210 .3830 18
17. Boston College (6-1) 17 985 .349 17 530 .342 16T .430 .3707 20
18. Wisconsin (7-1) 18 940 .333 18 525 .339 16T .430 .3644 21
19. Oklahoma (5-2) 19 797 .282 19 450 .290 NR .000 .1885 22
20. Missouri (7-1) 21 503 .178 23 229 .148 19 .230 .1840 24
21. Texas A&M (7-1) 23 374 .132 22 263 .170 21T .150 .1494 26
22. Nebraska (6-2) 20 635 .225 20 328 .212 NR .000 .1437 17
23. Oregon (5-2) 24 317 .112 24 228 .147 21T .150 .1353 14
24. Georgia Tech (5-2) 22 422 .149 21 264 .170 26 .070 .1286 19
25. Washington St. (5-3) 31 12 .004 37 2 .001 18 .290 .0985 --
26. Wake Forest (6-1) 25 212 .075 26 126 .081 23 .120 .0915 28
27. Georgia (6-2) 26 191 .068 25 163 .105 NR .000 .0568 27
28. Tulsa (6-1) 27 60 .021 29 18 .012 25 .080 .0375 --
29. Penn St. (5-3) 35 5 .002 36 5 .003 24 .100 .0350 31
30. Iowa (5-3) 29 31 .011 27 33 .021 NR .000 .0106 23
31. Virginia Tech (5-2) 28 45 .016 30 13 .008 NR .000 .0080 32
33. South Carolina (5-2) 32 8 .003 28 23 .015 NR .000 .0058 --
34. Brigham Young (5-2) 30 23 .008 31 12 .008 NR .000 .0052 36
35. Pittsburgh (6-2) 34 6 .002 32 11 .007 NR .000 .0030 29
36. Miami (FL) (5-2) 37 2 .001 32 11 .007 NR .000 .0026 35
37. Hawaii (5-2) 36 3 .001 34 7 .005 NR .000 .0018 --
38. Texas Tech (5-3) 39 1 .000 35 6 .004 NR .000 .0014 --

The BCS Computer Rankings are still jacked up:

1. Michigan
1. USC
3. Ohio State
4. Florida
5. Cal
6. Auburn
7. Rutgers
8. Notre Dame
9. Louisville
10. Arkansas
SVTVenom is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 05:56 PM
Mavs Fan For Life!
 
jefehbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lewisville/Dallas
Posts: 2,435
Good to see Texas A&M get some BCS points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.



Gifs at Giftube.com
jefehbk is offline  
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Best scenario for Texas is having both TT and A&M stay in the BCS rankings and have Missouri win the Big XII North.
SVTVenom is offline  
 
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 06:03 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 927
yep, playing nebraska again just hurts the computer rankings...

of course nothing matters if USC and OSU/UM wins out.

i think the most realistic goal for texas is the fiesta. i dont see a one-loss team beating out WVU or UL if they are left undefeated
davidaustin is offline  
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidaustin
yep, playing nebraska again just hurts the computer rankings...

of course nothing matters if USC and OSU/UM wins out.

i think the most realistic goal for texas is the fiesta. i dont see a one-loss team beating out WVU or UL if they are left undefeated
Some key games are coming up for the teams in front of Texas. The biggest one right now is WVU/Lousiville.

I think Texas can fend off Louisville if they win against WVU because TT is in the BCS rankings and than will help a bit with the computers.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 06:09 PM
Old School
 
TRAXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 4,684
Good to see Texas move up. I felt like they would get a little more respect with a win at Nebraska.

I agree that I hope that USC and OSU/Michigan win out and leave powder puff WV/Louisville crying. If thatís the case, I hope Texas gets to face them in a BCS bowl and just embarrass their ass.

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
TRAXX is offline  
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 06:12 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAXX
Good to see Texas move up. I felt like they would get a little more respect with a win at Nebraska.

I agree that I hope that USC and OSU/Michigan win out and leave powder puff WV/Louisville crying. If thatís the case, I hope Texas gets to face them in a BCS bowl and just embarrass their ass.
If Boise State wins out they will be the probable fiesta matchup due to travel.
davidaustin is offline  
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 08:06 PM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Some key games are coming up for the teams in front of Texas. The biggest one right now is WVU/Lousiville.

I think Texas can fend off Louisville if they win against WVU because TT is in the BCS rankings and than will help a bit with the computers.


I'm going for Louisville to take out WVU and then Rutgers or Pitt to take care of Louisville
bert89coupe is offline  
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 08:54 PM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
The BCS Computer Rankings are still jacked up:

1. Michigan
1. USC
3. Ohio State
4. Florida
5. Cal
6. Auburn
7. Rutgers
8. Notre Dame
9. Louisville
10. Arkansas
LOL... ok now I will agree that computer is messed up. there is no way ark is the 10th best school right now.
Cartman is offline  
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 09:05 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Some key games are coming up for the teams in front of Texas. The biggest one right now is WVU/Lousiville.

I think Texas can fend off Louisville if they win against WVU because TT is in the BCS rankings and than will help a bit with the computers.

If UL and WVU are both undefeated when they play theres no way Texas passes the winner.

Either way UL & WVU will be in the top 10 BCS at the time they play. Most likely a matchup between the two teams in the top 6 BCS.


TT at #38 in the BCS hardly qualifies for a quality win. A&M winning out is much more of a help than a TT team at 5-3 so far.
davidaustin is offline  
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 09:10 PM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidaustin
If UL and WVU are both undefeated when they play theres no way Texas passes the winner.

Either way UL & WVU will be in the top 10 BCS at the time they play. Most likely a matchup between the two teams in the top 6 BCS.


TT at #38 in the BCS hardly qualifies for a quality win. A&M winning out is much more of a help than a TT team at 5-3 so far.
well there is only a .031 point between the two so it could happen but that would mean that a 1 loss auburn or florida stay ahead as well.
Cartman is offline  
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 09:21 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
well there is only a .031 point between the two so it could happen but that would mean that a 1 loss auburn or florida stay ahead as well.
right, but UL/WVU have the advantage of having a marquee matchup at the top of the BCS. What they lack in schedule all hinges on that one game... which in my opinion will boost thier SOS within the computers to keep them ahead of Texas.

I wasn't taking into account the Flordia & Auburn teams cause IMO Texas doesnt have a shot at the title game under the scenario listed above. Where Florida & Auburn fall wont affect Texas (if) winning the Big12 auto bid
davidaustin is offline  
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 11:45 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 927
Taken from Brad Edwards from his ESPN Insider column 'Road to the BCS'

Quote:
It was a sometimes exciting, yet mostly uneventful weekend ... at least as it applied to the BCS standings.

No. 1 Ohio State rolled. No. 2 USC was idle. And aside from No. 3 Michigan leading Iowa only 10-6 at the start of the fourth quarter, there wasn't much drama involving the top seven teams. The real fun came from the group of one-loss teams ranked eight through 11, which all escaped with narrow victories.

The highest BCS-ranked team to lose was No. 14 Oregon, which is why there was no significant change in the standings from last week to this week. The only top 12 teams to move more than one spot in either poll were Florida and Notre Dame, which swapped places in the coaches' rankings (the Gators moved up to 8th, and the Irish fell to 10th).


Although it's completely meaningless, the most noticeable difference in this week's BCS standings is Michigan's move up to No. 2. The Wolverines got there by gaining ground on USC in both the coaches' poll and the computers, while increasing their lead over the Trojans in the Harris poll on the strength of the win over Iowa. This is the first time since the start of November 2001 (Nebraska and Oklahoma), that the top two teams in the BCS standings have been from the same conference.

Though the No. 3 team has changed, the gap between third and fourth in the BCS standings remains huge. In fact, the margin between No. 3 USC and No. 4 West Virginia (.188) is significantly greater than the margin between No. 4 West Virginia and No. 11 Tennessee (.105). This reinforces that a USC loss will be necessary for any team outside of the current top three to reach the BCS National Championship Game. And without the Trojans even taking the field over the weekend, the perception of their chances to go unbeaten changed in the minds of many.

Prior to Saturday, most analysts believed USC was bound to lose at least once in its season-ending stretch against Oregon, Cal, Notre Dame and UCLA. But after Oregon was beaten handily at Washington State, and Cal needed OT for a home win against shorthanded Washington, and Notre Dame squeaked out a victory over a UCLA team that seemed to find a way to lose, it's fair to say that stretch of games doesn't look quite as daunting for the Trojans. And we'll soon see how much the open date helped USC improve.

As for teams still trying to crack the BCS party, losses by Georgia Tech, Nebraska and Oregon allowed Boise State to move up a couple of spots in each poll, and the Broncos now sit at No. 15 in the coaches' rankings and at No. 16 in the Harris rankings. Even though their BCS position is still 15th, that type of attrition is exactly what they need to eventually climb into the top 12. Simply put, Boise State needs more one-loss teams to lose a second time ... and a few others nearly fell for them on Saturday.

Notre Dame, Tennessee and California all kept their national title hopes alive with fourth-quarter comebacks -- each scoring to take the lead in the final three-and-a-half minutes of regulation -- and Cal still needed overtime to claim its victory. If any of them had lost, it might have been another big step for Boise State. Instead, the Broncos will have to hope these teams stumble somewhere else in the coming weeks.

And it could have been just as big of a weekend for Texas, if not bigger, since the Longhorns are in a similar position of needing major once-beaten teams to take a second loss. For Texas, though, it's not about the polls. It's about the computers.

The Horns are the highest-ranked one-loss team in both polls, but they trail six once-beaten teams in the computers. If the number of undefeated teams ever gets whittled down to one, those computer ratings are what could keep Texas out of the BCS top two. Because the Big 12 is not a very strong conference, the Longhorns aren't likely to move past other one-loss teams in the computers by simply winning out. They will need some of those teams, if not most of them, to remove themselves by losing another game.

The biggest potential roadblocks to Texas right now are teams like Auburn, Tennessee and maybe even Clemson -- all of which could finish 11-1 without winning their respective conference divisions. In fact, it's conceivable that the SEC could have three teams finish the regular season with exactly one loss, and that would just about kill any chance the Longhorns have of defending their national title.

Brad Edwards is a college football researcher at ESPN. His Road to the BCS appears weekly during the season.
davidaustin is offline  
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 08:03 AM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Best scenario for Texas is having both TT and A&M stay in the BCS rankings and have Missouri win the Big XII North.
That is true as long as UT wins.
Pro Trash is offline  
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 10:18 AM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidaustin
Taken from Brad Edwards from his ESPN Insider column 'Road to the BCS'
that looks uh oh, so will everybody on here start rooting for the hogs vs the vols?
Cartman is offline  
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 11:12 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS
 
Geor!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HERE WE GO!!!
Posts: 18,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
LOL... ok now I will agree that computer is messed up. there is no way ark is the 10th best school right now.
Lots of fucked up shit with that.

Florida is above Auburn, even though they were beaten by Auburn.

Cal moved up from last week after barely beating an unranked team, where Texas dropped off altogether after barely beating a ranked team.

Ohio State played this week and won, USC did not play, Michigan played and won and somehow Ohio State drops to 3rd, USC is in first, tied with Michigan???

Give me a fucking break!

Geor! is offline  
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 11:26 AM
Sports weenie @ full attn
 
ZYouL8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Laughlin AFB
Posts: 5,638
We need Ark, Tenn, Fla, and Auburn to somehow all lose 1 more game, which won't happen.

-Auburn will win out unless they lose @Bama or in the SEC Championship.
-Ark could lose 3 of it's next 4 games, w/ the only easy game being Miss St.
-Tenn could lose to LSU or @SC
-Florida has the easiest schedule of them all and probably won't lose unless they choke against Florida St.

Texas fans need to cheer on LSU because they could be the spoilers for atleast 2 of the teams listed. And best case scenario for the SEC would for a 2-loss SEC West team to knock off Florida in the Championship.

Rutgers, WV, and Louisville are all undefeated Big East teams but none of them have played each other. Best case scenario is they all beat each other once giving them all one loss, which could happen since they all play one team on the road and one at home.

Then we still need Michigan to lose to someone besides OSU, because that loss alone might not knock them down enough, unless they get blown out.

Not to mention we need USC to lose atleast once, and not to ND because they will when move ahead of Texas.


ZYouL8R is offline  
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 11:35 AM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
We need Ark, Tenn, Fla, and Auburn to somehow all lose 1 more game, which won't happen.

-Auburn will win out unless they lose @Bama or in the SEC Championship.
-Ark could lose 3 of it's next 4 games, w/ the only easy game being Miss St.
-Tenn could lose to LSU or @SC
-Florida has the easiest schedule of them all and probably won't lose unless they choke against Florida St.

Texas fans need to cheer on LSU because they could be the spoilers for atleast 2 of the teams listed. And best case scenario for the SEC would for a 2-loss SEC West team to knock off Florida in the Championship.

Rutgers, WV, and Louisville are all undefeated Big East teams but none of them have played each other. Best case scenario is they all beat each other once giving them all one loss, which could happen since they all play one team on the road and one at home.

Then we still need Michigan to lose to someone besides OSU, because that loss alone might not knock them down enough, unless they get blown out.

Not to mention we need USC to lose atleast once, and not to ND because they will when move ahead of Texas.



ND will move ahead of EVERYBODY if they beat USC
bert89coupe is offline  
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 02:07 PM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof
Lots of fucked up shit with that.

Florida is above Auburn, even though they were beaten by Auburn.

Cal moved up from last week after barely beating an unranked team, where Texas dropped off altogether after barely beating a ranked team.

Ohio State played this week and won, USC did not play, Michigan played and won and somehow Ohio State drops to 3rd, USC is in first, tied with Michigan???

Give me a fucking break!
Shoot Missouri has ahead of Texas A&M for 2 weeks and we beat them 2 weeks ago.
Pro Trash is offline  
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 11:04 PM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
We need Ark, Tenn, Fla, and Auburn to somehow all lose 1 more game, which won't happen.

-Auburn will win out unless they lose @Bama or in the SEC Championship.
-Ark could lose 3 of it's next 4 games, w/ the only easy game being Miss St.
-Tenn could lose to LSU or @SC
-Florida has the easiest schedule of them all and probably won't lose unless they choke against Florida St.
granted since I don't understand how the computer has ark ranked as high as it does, I would think an ark team with 1 loss won't be high enough in the human polls to beat out usc, nd texas, or mich/osu loser. but I guess since they played more teams in the bcs it might be enough to put them up there. but they are a year away from being a good team. they caught auburn sleeping, will take that win any day of the week. but if they somehow make a bcs bowl I will be happy, but I see cotton bowl for them.

but you would want ark to beat ten because if not tenn might run the table and sit out the sec title game and jump texas due to bcs teams played and beaten.
Cartman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome