Someone has a grudge against Matt Leinart.. - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe
 
unkoricky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The C
Posts: 3,227
Someone has a grudge against Matt Leinart..

you know you have a grudge when you make a myspace blog & basically copy/paste what you just wrote on dfwstangs



http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...2-62cf2c6e8261


[QUOTE=SVTVenom]I said Leinart had a good 1st half, but he didn't do much in the 2nd half and was partially responsible for letting Chicago back in the game and their winning the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
unkoricky is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 12:18 AM
Lifer
 
LannyN9NE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Valley Ranch
Posts: 3,205
hahaha, classic
LannyN9NE is offline  
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 12:23 AM
Raiden Wins
 
def1eppard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Earthrealm
Posts: 4,045
Is that ESPN.com? I can't tell.

def1eppard is offline  
 
post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 12:28 AM
Lifer
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 9,204
I just want to know how much SVYTVYenom gets paid in royalties.
Grant is offline  
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 01:08 AM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
[QUOTE=unkoricky]you know you have a grudge when you make a myspace blog & basically copy/paste what you just wrote on dfwstangs



http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...2-62cf2c6e8261


Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
I said Leinart had a good 1st half, but he didn't do much in the 2nd half and was partially responsible for letting Chicago back in the game and their winning the game.
greatest post ever in the sports forums.
Cartman is offline  
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 06:17 AM
Ultimate X-phoria
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Not now chief, i'm in the fuckin zone
Posts: 19,895
LOL. I gurantee you he was vomitting last night.
Hollywood is offline  
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 06:21 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
LOL. I gurantee you he was vomitting last night.
Nah, he just went home, put on his OLD National Championship ring from USC and rubbed one out while looking at a copy of Sports Illustrated from 2004.
Denny is offline  
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 06:56 AM
Ultimate X-phoria
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Not now chief, i'm in the fuckin zone
Posts: 19,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Nah, he just went home, put on his OLD National Championship ring from USC and rubbed one out while looking at a copy of Sports Illustrated from 2004.
I was talking about venom.
Hollywood is offline  
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 07:08 AM
Eagles>Cowboys
 
mikecobra95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Third Eye
Posts: 3,405
This post is BS. Leinart outplayed the "Best Desfense" in the league. He fumbled on a FREE shot from a lineman on his blindside. Any QB in the NFL would do that. Count you lucky stars the Bears won this game. I am glad the Cardinals exposed their weaknesses. The Bears will be done against good teams in the playoffs. Their performance last night was laughable.

mikecobra95 is offline  
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 07:33 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
I was talking about venom.
He just watched
Denny is offline  
post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 09:15 AM
Ultimate X-phoria
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Not now chief, i'm in the fuckin zone
Posts: 19,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
He just watched
Read what he wrote. You can't take away the fact that Leinhart gave the Cardinals every opportunity to win and yet he's trying to discredit that with lame excuses. He's clearly out playing his boy VY, and it's killing him, you can see it in every post.
Hollywood is offline  
post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 09:22 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
Read what he wrote. You can't take away the fact that Leinhart gave the Cardinals every opportunity to win and yet he's trying to discredit that with lame excuses. He's clearly out playing his boy VY, and it's killing him, you can see it in every post.
I know... I was just under the assumption that it was a total sarcastic blog, (at least I hope it was). I was just adding to it for humor. Leinart is gonna be a leading QB in the NFL eventually.
Denny is offline  
post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 11:57 AM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
[QUOTE=unkoricky]you know you have a grudge when you make a myspace blog & basically copy/paste what you just wrote on dfwstangs



http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...2-62cf2c6e8261


Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
I said Leinart had a good 1st half, but he didn't do much in the 2nd half and was partially responsible for letting Chicago back in the game and their winning the game.
Actually it would be unfair to say Venom holds a grudge against just Leinart. Venom actually holds a grudge against which ever rookie is doing better than VY in a given week. A few weeks ago it was Reggie Bush and he even heaped N.O. QB Drew B. into that category of VY is < than.
Pro Trash is offline  
post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 06:23 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Well, I'm glad someone is reading it, LOL.

Gotta love someone on here stalking me down and taking time out of their day to read my MySpace blog.

Last edited by SVTVenom; 10-17-2006 at 06:36 PM.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 07:52 PM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Well, I'm glad someone is reading it, LOL.

Gotta love someone on here stalking me down and taking time out of their day to read my MySpace blog.
You are a moron it is simply a reference to show just how ate up you really are. Is it true you never played football?
Pro Trash is offline  
post #16 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 08:14 PM
Pushed to the limit
 
PWTRTXSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In the shadow of a big mountain
Posts: 4,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecobra95
This post is BS. Leinart outplayed the "Best Desfense" in the league. He fumbled on a FREE shot from a lineman on his blindside. Any QB in the NFL would do that. Count you lucky stars the Bears won this game. I am glad the Cardinals exposed their weaknesses. The Bears will be done against good teams in the playoffs. Their performance last night was laughable.
Rex Grossman's performance was laughable. You can't pin that on the entire team. Even so, the only thing I was laughing at was the Cardinals. Leinart didn't outplay anybody. If he had, maybe more of those Bear turnovers would have been converted into points. He did well playing for a team that has a long history of losing in a losing effort. Someday he will be great on another team.

The Bears played a horrible game. Did they win by luck? No. They won because the Cardinals don't know how to win.

Buying dogs kills.
PWTRTXSS is offline  
post #17 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 09:23 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
You are a moron it is simply a reference to show just how ate up you really are. Is it true you never played football?
Who on here has played professionally? I'd venture to say nobody and thats pretty much the only thing that would constitute anyone being an "expert" on here.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #18 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 10:22 AM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Who on here has played professionally? I'd venture to say nobody and thats pretty much the only thing that would constitute anyone being an "expert" on here.
noone said you had to be an expert, or play in the nfl. but you clearly don't know what it takes to win in football, you don't understand how a player can make an impact with out scoring td's. you show that the only thing you know is if vy has hair on his nuts or shaves. you spend so much time swinging that you would think he would be tired of having to carry you around.
Cartman is offline  
post #19 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe
 
unkoricky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The C
Posts: 3,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
noone said you had to be an expert, or play in the nfl. but you clearly don't know what it takes to win in football, you don't understand how a player can make an impact with out scoring td's. you show that the only thing you know is if vy has hair on his nuts or shaves. you spend so much time swinging that you would think he would be tired of having to carry you around.
word..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
unkoricky is offline  
post #20 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 11:32 AM
Lifer
 
LannyN9NE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Valley Ranch
Posts: 3,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Who on here has played professionally? I'd venture to say nobody and thats pretty much the only thing that would constitute anyone being an "expert" on here.
Look at the Pro players who are analysists now. Not many of them seem like experts either.
LannyN9NE is offline  
post #21 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 09:02 PM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Who on here has played professionally? I'd venture to say nobody and thats pretty much the only thing that would constitute anyone being an "expert" on here.
LOL you still haven't answered the question have you ever played football for a real team? This is just a question and feel free to answer with some totally off the wall BS if in fact you can't give a simple yes or no
Pro Trash is offline  
post #22 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 09:06 PM
not exclude
 
exlude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
LOL you still haven't answered the question have you ever played football for a real team? This is just a question and feel free to answer with some totally off the wall BS if in fact you can't give a simple yes or no
Wouldn't "I venture to say nobody" answer the question, as he must be including himself in that? I'm just sayin'.
exlude is offline  
post #23 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 09:39 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
LOL you still haven't answered the question have you ever played football for a real team? This is just a question and feel free to answer with some totally off the wall BS if in fact you can't give a simple yes or no
No, I have never played professional football or any other professional sport. Have you? No.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #24 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 09:40 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
noone said you had to be an expert, or play in the nfl. but you clearly don't know what it takes to win in football, you don't understand how a player can make an impact with out scoring td's. you show that the only thing you know is if vy has hair on his nuts or shaves. you spend so much time swinging that you would think he would be tired of having to carry you around.
And you clearly don't know shit thinking that Houston should have picked up a player that still hasn't scored an offensive TD this whole entire season.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #25 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 09:45 PM
Raiden Wins
 
def1eppard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Earthrealm
Posts: 4,045
Off topic...but like everything isn't already in this thread...

In my opinion if Houston wasn't gonna select Reggie Bush or VY, they should have traded for more picks to get as many good defensive players as they could. That team isn't gonna instantly win.

def1eppard is offline  
post #26 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 08:17 AM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
No, I have never played professional football or any other professional sport. Have you? No.
So you have never played football for a team then? It is a simple question no one asked you if you ever played professional football, what was asked was if you have ever played team football in any non backyard capacity? In other words when you were pop-warner age, Jr. High or High School aged did you ever play football for a team? Please don't use the words college or professional while trying to wiggle out of this. We all know you never played professional football so answer the real question please.

Last edited by Pro Trash; 10-19-2006 at 08:23 AM.
Pro Trash is offline  
post #27 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 08:22 AM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
And you clearly don't know shit thinking that Houston should have picked up a player that still hasn't scored an offensive TD this whole entire season.
When you get finished honestly answering my question about your playing football you can ponder this. Reggie Bush's value isn't based upon his ability to simply score TD's. If this were true what would be your opinion of him if the only time they put him on the field was in the red zone and he scored 3 TD's per game but only averaged 30 yards per game, you'd bash him for his yardage. No expects you to own up to the fact Reggie Bush is kicking butt in the Pro's for a rookie. Your major issue is you are trying to compare him to VY or justify VY's win/loss record by admonishing Bush. No one thinks ill of VY you just can't stand not being able to say "ah-ha look at how great VY is I told you guys that", LOL. Please remember to answer my question in the above post about your playing or not playing football.
Pro Trash is offline  
post #28 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 09:17 AM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe
 
unkoricky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The C
Posts: 3,227
please SVT only counter act are the Stats...

Therefore when VY doesnt get the stats, its cause of the players that "suck" around him.

When Leinart scores, its cause of Fitz & Boldin
When Reggie scores, its cause of Brees and Deuce.
when lets say Rivers throws a TD, its cause LT & Antonio Gates..

and so on and so on...Justify away lil man



What do you care for more? A Win or a Stat...
Cause Reggie is winning in the more important category..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
unkoricky is offline  
post #29 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 10:33 AM
Ultimate X-phoria
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Not now chief, i'm in the fuckin zone
Posts: 19,895
Based on SVTvenom's skewed logic, Offensive linemen are the most worthless players on the field. I mean, think about it, most of them go their entire careers without scoring an offensive touchdown.
Hollywood is offline  
post #30 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 11:05 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Holy shit, I'm gonna have to say the way SVTVenom skirted the question, other than maybe Pony League he has never played football.

Sorta adds up.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #31 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 11:33 AM
Raiden Wins
 
def1eppard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Earthrealm
Posts: 4,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
Based on SVTvenom's skewed logic, Offensive linemen are the most worthless players on the field. I mean, think about it, most of them go their entire careers without scoring an offensive touchdown.
I've always thought about this: What if a team spent a large proportion of their budget on signing the most badass offensive linemen in the league, and used an average/cheap rookie running back. Someone should live out my dream. By the way, I've never played football. I don't really see where that question is coming from.

def1eppard is offline  
post #32 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe
 
unkoricky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The C
Posts: 3,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by def1eppard
I've always thought about this: What if a team spent a large proportion of their budget on signing the most badass offensive linemen in the league, and used an average/cheap rookie running back. Someone should live out my dream. By the way, I've never played football. I don't really see where that question is coming from.
i guess just for the feeling of the football in your hands when you dont have control is what i guess he's tryin to point out.

[when Leinart got sacked blindside with the ball raising, SVT thinks he SHOULD have not fumbled on that sack]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
unkoricky is offline  
post #33 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 12:05 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by def1eppard
By the way, I've never played football. I don't really see where that question is coming from.
Gives you a different look at the game. My wife gets tired of me telling her how the play is going to play out given the different sets coming to the line.

She gets tired of me saying things like, "Oh shit, it's cover zero against Owens" or "Zone blitz coming up" or "Eagles are thinking run and the 'boys are throwin' long down field"

Just like when I'm watching golf on TV with a friend who scholarshiped golf in college. He tells me before the shot what the golfer is trying to do. Me, I just look for the flag and try my best to hit it (which always isn't the best thing to do.)

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #34 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 12:16 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 927
The football question comes from the ability to understand the team effort mainly... but also understanding the nature of how plays work and how individuals can be a much more valuable resource than just 'scoring TD's. Most people dont need to actually play a sport to understand that... but SVT is a diff story.

If the facts help his arguement... his player is the best

If the facts dont help his arguement... his player doesnt have the tools around him.


Bottom line is you cant have it both ways. Your ability will only take you so far no matter who surrounds you. Its WAY to early to say who 'will' be better, but Lienart is better right now.

QB in the pros always comes down to mechanics. If you cant throw the ball down the field you arent going to be successful. This is the NFL... college lore and stats go about as far as the pregame goin flip. Its all about what you can do at the next level.

VY IMO is a great athlete. I think he can be a great QB but has to be much more efficient passing the ball. Im not talking out routes and hooks here. Im talking about threading the needle in the zone. Im talking about always hitting that one spot where only your guy can catch the ball in man-to-man.

He hasnt proved to me yet that he can do that. He can escape the pocket all day long and will no doubt have some amazing highlight reel plays. Thats all well and good, but he cant WIN week in and week out without being able to get the ball downfield.

Lienart will no doubt stuggle just as any QB will. Remember that most QBs dont even start for a year or even two. Alex Smith has just come into his own. Phillip Rivers is proving himself. Aaron Rodgers hasnt even started a game yet. Lienart was thrown into the fire 4 games into the season and has showed nothing but poise and the ability to lead his team down the field. Sure a good WR corps. helps. Sure a good O-line helps. It still doesnt mean that hes going to get the job done... but he has. Hes been on point with just about everything hes done minus one really good hit that led to a DEF TD.
davidaustin is offline  
post #35 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe
 
unkoricky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The C
Posts: 3,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidaustin
The football question comes from the ability to understand the team effort mainly... but also understanding the nature of how plays work and how individuals can be a much more valuable resource than just 'scoring TD's. Most people dont need to actually play a sport to understand that... but SVT is a diff story.

If the facts help his arguement... his player is the best

If the facts dont help his arguement... his player doesnt have the tools around him.


Bottom line is you cant have it both ways. Your ability will only take you so far no matter who surrounds you. Its WAY to early to say who 'will' be better, but Lienart is better right now.

QB in the pros always comes down to mechanics. If you cant throw the ball down the field you arent going to be successful. This is the NFL... college lore and stats go about as far as the pregame goin flip. Its all about what you can do at the next level.

VY IMO is a great athlete. I think he can be a great QB but has to be much more efficient passing the ball. Im not talking out routes and hooks here. Im talking about threading the needle in the zone. Im talking about always hitting that one spot where only your guy can catch the ball in man-to-man.

He hasnt proved to me yet that he can do that. He can escape the pocket all day long and will no doubt have some amazing highlight reel plays. Thats all well and good, but he cant WIN week in and week out without being able to get the ball downfield.

Lienart will no doubt stuggle just as any QB will. Remember that most QBs dont even start for a year or even two. Alex Smith has just come into his own. Phillip Rivers is proving himself. Aaron Rodgers hasnt even started a game yet. Lienart was thrown into the fire 4 games into the season and has showed nothing but poise and the ability to lead his team down the field. Sure a good WR corps. helps. Sure a good O-line helps. It still doesnt mean that hes going to get the job done... but he has. Hes been on point with just about everything hes done minus one really good hit that led to a DEF TD.
best post i've read in the sports central section..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
unkoricky is offline  
post #36 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 01:27 PM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky
best post i've read in the sports central section..
Hold on...there is no logic allowed in this forum....David I'm going to have to ask you to leave before SVTVenom comes back with "facts" to support why you are wrong and why VY is now the Christ and Savior of Christianity.
Nate is offline  
post #37 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 01:45 PM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
Hold on...there is no logic allowed in this forum....David I'm going to have to ask you to leave before SVTVenom comes back with "facts" to support why you are wrong and why VY is now the Christ and Savior of Christianity / and > Reggie Bush and Matt leinart, LOL.
fixed
Pro Trash is offline  
post #38 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 04:05 PM
Lifer
 
LannyN9NE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Valley Ranch
Posts: 3,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidaustin

Lienart will no doubt stuggle just as any QB will. Remember that most QBs dont even start for a year or even two. Alex Smith has just come into his own. Phillip Rivers is proving himself. Aaron Rodgers hasnt even started a game yet. Lienart was thrown into the fire 4 games into the season and has showed nothing but poise and the ability to lead his team down the field. Sure a good WR corps. helps. Sure a good O-line helps. It still doesnt mean that hes going to get the job done... but he has. Hes been on point with just about everything hes done minus one really good hit that led to a DEF TD.
AZ doesn't have a good O-line so I think that shows his maturity and ability on the field even more.
LannyN9NE is offline  
post #39 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 05:04 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
So you have never played football for a team then? It is a simple question no one asked you if you ever played professional football, what was asked was if you have ever played team football in any non backyard capacity? In other words when you were pop-warner age, Jr. High or High School aged did you ever play football for a team? Please don't use the words college or professional while trying to wiggle out of this. We all know you never played professional football so answer the real question please.
Yes, I played in Jr. High, but playing a game does not make a person an expert. I'd venture to say that a majority of sports writers have never played in either college of pro sports, yet are considered "experts" about the sports they cover.

I'm still laughing about how long this post has gotten over someone who went MySpace Blog stalking, LOL.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #40 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 06:01 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Yes, I played in Jr. High, but playing a game does not make a person an expert.

Figured as much.

No, playing a game doesn't make you an expert. But playing a game at an advanced level does give you insight. Enough that reading sportswriters comments (and yours) makes me laugh.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #41 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 07:17 PM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Yes, I played in Jr. High, but playing a game does not make a person an expert. I'd venture to say that a majority of sports writers have never played in either college of pro sports, yet are considered "experts" about the sports they cover.

I'm still laughing about how long this post has gotten over someone who went MySpace Blog stalking, LOL.
Well I honestly don't consider anyone on here an expert but given your storied past of telling others they don't kow shit is funny at best. You use the stats to support whatever wild theory about VY or UT you can scrounge up. Just recently you replied to Cartman that the USA and AP polls showed that UT was the best ranked one loss team; however, last season those same polls weren't correct when they relegated UT to 2nd in the Nation. I assume you will point out that UT ended up #1. This is where I will counter with your own standard like your insistance to keep UT in the #1 position this season until someone defeated them thus knocking them out of the National Championship top spot. I then harken for you to apply your very theory to that of USC's plight last year. It was only fair according to your logic that USC remained #1 until rightfully unseated by UT. I suppose you are in denial at times but everyone has pointed out your blinded views and double standards when it comes to UT or VY.
Pro Trash is offline  
post #42 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 08:32 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
Well I honestly don't consider anyone on here an expert but given your storied past of telling others they don't kow shit is funny at best. You use the stats to support whatever wild theory about VY or UT you can scrounge up. Just recently you replied to Cartman that the USA and AP polls showed that UT was the best ranked one loss team; however, last season those same polls weren't correct when they relegated UT to 2nd in the Nation. I assume you will point out that UT ended up #1. This is where I will counter with your own standard like your insistance to keep UT in the #1 position this season until someone defeated them thus knocking them out of the National Championship top spot. I then harken for you to apply your very theory to that of USC's plight last year. It was only fair according to your logic that USC remained #1 until rightfully unseated by UT. I suppose you are in denial at times but everyone has pointed out your blinded views and double standards when it comes to UT or VY.
You do realize that Texas was #1 in the BCS after throttling TT, right? Either way, Texas should move up a pretty decent amount if they beat Nebraska this week as that will be 2 wins against top 20 teams.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #43 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 09:39 AM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
You do realize that Texas was #1 in the BCS after throttling TT, right? Either way, Texas should move up a pretty decent amount if they beat Nebraska this week as that will be 2 wins against top 20 teams.
This will be deservingly so if they beat Nebraska because the quality of the opponent will wiegh in on the computer rankings.
Pro Trash is offline  
post #44 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 09:00 PM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
You do realize that Texas was #1 in the BCS after throttling TT, right? Either way, Texas should move up a pretty decent amount if they beat Nebraska this week as that will be 2 wins against top 20 teams.
but still not as good as the teams auburn and florida have beaten
Cartman is offline  
post #45 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 12:51 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
but still not as good as the teams auburn and florida have beaten
Yes, but their losses were to worse teams than Texas'.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #46 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 01:09 AM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Yes, but their losses were to worse teams than Texas'.
well the computers seem to think it is more important to beat better teams than to lose to better teams. so texas better hope ou a&M and neb all win out of course cept for the games vs UT. but that won't happen either.
Cartman is offline  
post #47 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 02:02 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
well the computers seem to think it is more important to beat better teams than to lose to better teams. so texas better hope ou a&M and neb all win out of course cept for the games vs UT. but that won't happen either.
All Texas has to do is win out. The rest will fall in to place. It already has with both Auburn and Florida losing in the past 2 weeks.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #48 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 04:43 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
All Texas has to do is win out. The rest will fall in to place. It already has with both Auburn and Florida losing in the past 2 weeks.
Texas will need some help other than just winning out.

Seriously, look at their schedule thus far.

1. Beat 4 teams ranked 71st or lower by the BCS (NT, ISU, Rice, Baylor)
2. Beat a I-AA team (Sam Houston) why the hell was this scheduled, even if it was scheduled 5 years ago?
3. Lost to the number 1 team (OSU)
4. Beat the number 22 team (OU)

Not alot of schedule strength in the first 7 games with only one win in the top 25 of the BCS. While the BCS doesn't ever give much love to the Big 12, given the above 4 points, I think a 9th in the rankings at the moment is fair. Nebraska is 17th. So how much of a help it will be is anyone's guess.

So going down the list... OSU I don't see losing a game. USC possibly loses to California (ranked 10th at the moment). Michigan loses to OSU. Auburn wins out against a weak remaining schedule. WVU wins out and probably over takes Auburn for the 4th spot. Florida wins out. Louisville loses to WVU and Pitt and gets thrown way back in the BCS standings (don't know why they are there at the moment). ND loses to USC.

My prediction is UT wins out, wins the Big 12 and plays Fiesta maybe finishing as high as 7th in the final BCS standings. Just not enough big wins left for them. Nebraska is their toughest test left.

Texas should win this week. Although in the back of my mind I hope Texas loses and then wins out until the last game and A&M wins out until the last game.

I'd be willing to pay "above reasonable" for a ticket on Nov 24 if that happens and I'll be eating my Turkey down in Austin.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)

Last edited by 01WhiteCobra; 10-21-2006 at 04:53 AM.
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #49 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 02:36 PM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Texas will need some help other than just winning out.

Seriously, look at their schedule thus far.

1. Beat 4 teams ranked 71st or lower by the BCS (NT, ISU, Rice, Baylor)
2. Beat a I-AA team (Sam Houston) why the hell was this scheduled, even if it was scheduled 5 years ago?
3. Lost to the number 1 team (OSU)
4. Beat the number 22 team (OU)

Not alot of schedule strength in the first 7 games with only one win in the top 25 of the BCS. While the BCS doesn't ever give much love to the Big 12, given the above 4 points, I think a 9th in the rankings at the moment is fair. Nebraska is 17th. So how much of a help it will be is anyone's guess.

So going down the list... OSU I don't see losing a game. USC possibly loses to California (ranked 10th at the moment). Michigan loses to OSU. Auburn wins out against a weak remaining schedule. WVU wins out and probably over takes Auburn for the 4th spot. Florida wins out. Louisville loses to WVU and Pitt and gets thrown way back in the BCS standings (don't know why they are there at the moment). ND loses to USC.

My prediction is UT wins out, wins the Big 12 and plays Fiesta maybe finishing as high as 7th in the final BCS standings. Just not enough big wins left for them. Nebraska is their toughest test left.

Texas should win this week. Although in the back of my mind I hope Texas loses and then wins out until the last game and A&M wins out until the last game.

I'd be willing to pay "above reasonable" for a ticket on Nov 24 if that happens and I'll be eating my Turkey down in Austin.
that is all possible but you left out two things, one if ark loses two games, which is very possible, and auburn wins out then florida and auburn meet.
they could be ranked 2 and 3 at that time, meaning they could still make the title game.

but I think mich has the best team this year, and if they play like they want it, and stop sitting on leads then they wouldn't have a close game all year. but as long as the sec gets two teams in the bcs I will be happy
Cartman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome