VY gets his 1st win - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

VY gets his 1st win

He had a pretty decent day today despite them running the ball 41 times.

13/25, 161 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT

6 rushes, 10 yards*

*2 of those were kneels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 03:44 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom

6 rushes, 10 yards*

*2 of those were kneels.
so vy 1 win
bush 5 wins got it.
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 03:50 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
so vy 1 win
bush 5 wins got it.
bush has better players around him.

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 03:51 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
bush has better players around him.
true I mean he as a real qb. touche
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 03:53 PM
Lifer

Quote:
so vy 1 win
bush 5 wins got it.
Bush has 1 win. Saints have 4.
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 03:54 PM
Lifer

Quote:
VY will be a better QB then Drew brees.
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 03:55 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr01
Bush has 1 win. Saints have 4.
really bush didn't play for the saint's other 4 wins? damn I wonder who 25 was that was running and catching those passes.
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 04:01 PM
Lifer

Quote:
really bush didn't play for the saint's other 4 wins? damn I wonder who 25 was that was running and catching those passes.
Other than the punt return I don't see how you can say Bush actually won the other games single handedly.
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 04:02 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Other than the punt return I don't see how you can say Bush actually won the other games single handedly.
didn't say he won anything single handedly, but he has won 5 games to vy 1
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Yeah, Brees' 6 years of NFL experience to VY's 3 games. Boy fair comparison there.

Bush still hasn't scored an offensive TD this year and we are now through week 6. His teammates have won 5 games while he won 1 with a special teams score.

Don't give me this "Well VY touches the ball every down" crap because handing the ball off does nothing to help his offensive stats and Reggie Bush is playing 3 fucking positions at WR, RB, and PR/KR.
post #11 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 04:07 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Seems like that's what you implied. But really a qb garners most of the blame and glory in wins and loses than a rb. Just say'n.
post #12 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 04:08 PM
Censored

Quote:
That still makes no sense. A QB is the main position in a Offensive team. Bush is just a 2nd (not 1st) RB.

Doors Done Rite
post #13 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_tiger19
That still makes no sense. A QB is the main position in a Offensive team. Bush is just a 2nd (not 1st) RB.
And WR and KR and PR.
post #14 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 04:34 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_tiger19
without bush his team wouldn't win as many games if any. he has made the most impact of any rookies so far. he takes 2 defenders away from a play all most every time he is out there. that helps his team win. no matter how good a qb is he can't win with out a solid running game and great D. Marino proves that point, as does elway.
post #15 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
without bush his team wouldn't win as many games if any. he has made the most impact of any rookies so far. he takes 2 defenders away from a play all most every time he is out there. that helps his team win. no matter how good a qb is he can't win with out a solid running game and great D. Marino proves that point, as does elway.
How many TD's does he have and how many TD's does VY and Leinart have?

His team's wins don't mean anything because he hasn't been scoring the points to make them win. He is responsible for 1 win and 6 points all year long.
post #16 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 04:38 PM
Lifer

Quote:
And you talk about VY nut swingers. I think the Saint's would be 4-2 without Bush.
post #17 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 04:39 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
How many TD's does he have and how many TD's does VY and Leinart have?
how many times does the ball touch his hands vs the other two. we can play this game all day long, and you will lose everytime. and leinart will have better stats than vy by the end of the season, but you will say he had all that talent around him. but if he is so good he could overcome those weaker players around him.
post #18 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
how many times does the ball touch his hands vs the other two. we can play this game all day long, and you will lose everytime. and leinart will have better stats than vy by the end of the season, but you will say he had all that talent around him. but if he is so good he could overcome those weaker players around him.
Bush plays 3 to 4 positions so the "touches" argument is next to irrelevant.

Even a QB needs good players around him to succeed. Peyton Manning would be nothing without his offensive line, Harrison, Wayne, Clark, and the departed Edge.
post #19 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 04:42 PM
Raiden Wins

So...yep...good job, Vince on the 1st win.

post #20 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 04:45 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Bush plays 3 to 4 positions so the "touches" argument is next to irrelevant.

Even a QB needs good players around him to succeed. Peyton Manning would be nothing without his offensive line, Harrison, Wayne, Clark, and the departed Edge.
bush touches the ball around 20 times a game vy touches the ball 50-60 times a game. doesn't matter if he is handing off or not he touches the ball.

marino played 4 or 5 yrs with below avg talent around him and still produced with 1 losing season one .500 season and a winning record the others, but he was the best qb to play the game, so not a fair comparison. but if you have the talent you will overcome.
post #21 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
bush touches the ball around 20 times a game vy touches the ball 50-60 times a game. doesn't matter if he is handing off or not he touches the ball.

marino played 4 or 5 yrs with below avg talent around him and still produced with 1 losing season one .500 season and a winning record the others, but he was the best qb to play the game, so not a fair comparison. but if you have the talent you will overcome.
Again, a handoff isn't a real touch because the QB can gain nothing offensively out of that play. Handoffs are irrelevant in looking at who actually gets more actual touches with the ability to gain yards or score.
post #22 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 04:49 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Again, a handoff isn't a real touch because the QB can gain nothing offensively out of that play. Handoffs are irrelevant in looking at who actually gets more actual touches with the ability to gain yards or score.
no because he can choose not to hand off the ball as well, so he touches the ball he can keep it at any time, so they do count, also the fact that he can muff the handoff. touches are touches no matter how you slice it.
post #23 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 04:51 PM
Lifer

Quote:
no because he can choose not to hand off the ball as well, so he touches the ball he can keep it at any time, so they do count, also the fact that he can muff the handoff. touches are touches no matter how you slice it.
Look's like your reaching now.
post #24 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 04:53 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Look's like your reaching now.
no in the shotgun on all handoff for them vy gets to read the d, thank god he sucks at that, and choose to hand off or keep it.
post #25 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
The problem is, he doesn't choose to keep it and he hands it off. This isn't the movies where the QB over-rides the coach and does his own thing Chris.

Again, you are reaching just like all the other Bush lovers.
post #26 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 04:55 PM
Lifer

Quote:
no in the shotgun on all handoff for them vy gets to read the d, thank god he sucks at that, and choose to hand off or keep it.
So they are in the shotgun formation 50-60 times in a game?
post #27 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 04:57 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
The problem is, he doesn't choose to keep it and he hands it off. This isn't the movies where the QB over-rides the coach and does his own thing Chris.

Again, you are reaching just like all the other Bush lovers.
it isn't from a movie, it is called zone read shotgun. your texas teams uses it and the titans use it as well. and no they don't use it every play but they use it. as for the normal handoff out of the I or pro form see above with the mention of the muff.
post #28 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
it isn't from a movie, it is called zone read shotgun. your texas teams uses it and the titans use it as well. and no they don't use it every play but they use it. as for the normal handoff out of the I or pro form see above with the mention of the muff.
Dude, Chow isn't running zone-read hardly at all. I'd venture to say that 85% of his snaps have come from under center this season.
post #29 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 05:08 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Dude, Chow isn't running zone-read hardly at all. I'd venture to say that 85% of his snaps have come from under center this season.
you must not have seen much of them playing then. they run zone read about 25 to 30% of the time. and if they aren't running hooks vy looks lost and he no touch on long throws he just tosses it up in the direction of the wr. that is why they ran the ball today.
post #30 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
you must not have seen much of them playing then. they run zone read about 25 to 30% of the time. and if they aren't running hooks vy looks lost and he no touch on long throws he just tosses it up in the direction of the wr. that is why they ran the ball today.
I've watched all of his games this year and they don't run hardly any zone-read. They have just now started to incorporate that and it has only been a few plays a game.

He sure looked pretty good on those deep throws to Bennett and Williams today. You might want to start watching those games to actually know WTF you are talking about when it comes to what the Titans are doing.

They ran the ball today because Washington couldn't stop Henry and he's been a STUD these past 2 weeks.
post #31 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 05:27 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
I've watched all of his games this year and they don't run hardly any zone-read. They have just now started to incorporate that and it has only been a few plays a game.

He sure looked pretty good on those deep throws to Bennett and Williams today. You might want to start watching those games to actually know WTF you are talking about when it comes to what the Titans are doing.

They ran the ball today because Washington couldn't stop Henry and he's been a STUD these past 2 weeks.
dude I have watched the titans play, the long throws are just thrown up in the directions of the wr, he has no touch. he can throw the hook and slant but hell any qb in the nfl can make those throws. untill he can prove to be good at throwing other routes he won't be shit.
post #32 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
dude I have watched the titans play, the long throws are just thrown up in the directions of the wr, he has no touch. he can throw the hook and slant but hell any qb in the nfl can make those throws. untill he can prove to be good at throwing other routes he won't be shit.
Apparently your experts disagree with you. Go read the AP recap of the game. I'll also refer you to some of the long throws he made last year at Texas i.e. the TD to Sweed against Ohio State and the TD to Pittman against Oklahoma.
post #33 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 05:34 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Apparently your experts disagree with you. Go read the AP recap of the game. I'll also refer you to some of the long throws he made last year at Texas i.e. the TD to Sweed against Ohio State and the TD to Pittman against Oklahoma.
go look at his misses and tell me what you think. he doesn't even complete over 55% of his passes. he is just slinging them hoping for the best.
post #34 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
go look at his misses and tell me what you think. he doesn't even complete over 55% of his passes. he is just slinging them hoping for the best.
I'll then refer you to how many of his passes have been dropped. He'd easily be close to 60% without the poor drops.
post #35 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 05:38 PM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
I'll then refer you to how many of his passes have been dropped. He'd easily be close to 60% without the poor drops.
maybe if he put touch on the ball instead of throwing 70mph fast balls at them on 5 yard hooks they would catch more. it comes down to lack of passing skills.
post #36 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
maybe if he put touch on the ball instead of throwing 70mph fast balls at them on 5 yard hooks they would catch more. it comes down to lack of passing skills.
If you get a hand on it, you should catch it. Isn't that what they say?
post #37 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 06:03 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

LOL, Travis Henry had more yards rushing, than VY had throwing, yet you are praising him and crediting him with the victory as if he put the team on his back and carried them to victory. LMAO.
post #38 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 06:09 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

holy shit, svtvenom.

Do you also keep track of his first pre-game shit in an NFL uniform?

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #39 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
VY will be a better QB then Drew brees.
bullshit!
post #40 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 06:24 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
LOL, Travis Henry had more yards rushing, than VY had throwing, yet you are praising him and crediting him with the victory as if he put the team on his back and carried them to victory. LMAO.
He actually traded jerseys with Henry in the huddle during running plays to confuse the defense.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #41 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 07:44 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
Pretty much the same as cartman saying Bush is responsible for all of NO success.
post #42 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 07:50 PM

makes me wish they would both have career ending injuries...

then we could argue who 'would have had' the greatest career.

Man... can you imagine the 'facts' that would pour out of that debate...
post #43 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 07:50 PM
dead

where is the special olympics picture when you need it because you guys are fucking retarded.
post #44 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 07:52 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidaustin
makes me wish they would both have career ending injuries...

then we could argue who 'would have had' the greatest career.

Man... can you imagine the 'facts' that would pour out of that debate...
My vote would go to Bo Jackson in that debate.
post #45 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 07:53 PM
dead

ah, found it:

post #46 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 08:00 PM
Raiden Wins

Every thread in this forum has to do this. This happens in EVERY football thread.

post #47 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 08:01 PM

SPORTS!!!
post #48 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 08:03 PM
dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidaustin
SPORTS!!!

i wish i had a ticket drop board on this site.
post #49 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 08:04 PM
Lifer

Quote:

6 rushes, 10 yards*

*2 of those were kneels.
Did you actually copy and paste this, with the asterisk? Or did you feel you had to do it for VY's sake?
post #50 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant
Did you actually copy and paste this, with the asterisk? Or did you feel you had to do it for VY's sake?
Seriously...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement