No Miami vs. FIU Thread? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Raiden Wins

No Miami vs. FIU Thread?

Did anyone see the ThugU brawl? Every player involved in that is just a piece of crap. That one guy took off his helmet to bash someone with it and they even said an injured player came on the field to beat someone with his crutch!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 10:10 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by def1eppard
Did anyone see the ThugU brawl? Every player involved in that is just a piece of crap. That one guy took off his helmet to bash someone with it and they even said an injured player came on the field to beat someone with his crutch!
Yeah, I saw it while watching the other games tonight. I honestly think Larry Coker may be fired either tomorrow or Monday for this. Total lack of control on his part of his team.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 11:05 PM

Talking

that was crazy

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 12:15 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

Exclamation

LOLz, if I got beat by UNT (snickers!) after 7 overtimes (more snickers!), I'd be pissed and ready to beat some ass, too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 10:25 AM
Lifer

here is the video if you have not seen it
http://www.sendspace.com/file/jwbzzj

1995 cobra bolt ons red with black cloth 1.76 60'

13.27 at 102.83 6123' air ... in shop getting procharged d1sc canfield heads etc etc
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 08:31 PM
Rolling with the homies

LMAO! Even the TV analyst got fired

Quote:
TV analyst fired for comments during Miami-FIU brawl

06:41 PM CDT on Monday, October 16, 2006

Associated Press

MIAMI Former Miami player Lamar Thomas lost his TV analyst job Monday over comments he made during a sideline-clearing brawl involving the Hurricanes and Florida International.

Comcast Sports SouthEast, a regional cable network that hired Thomas before the season, also decided to edit out his comments before the game is replayed later this week.

"We were disappointed in the incident that happened on the field and regret the way it was handled in the broadcast booth," CSS general manager Mark Fuhrman said. "We do not support or condone the inappropriate comments made by color analyst Lamar Thomas and have taken the necessary steps to prevent a similar situation from ever occurring again."

CSS, which is available in 5.5 million homes, will replay the game twice Wednesday.

Thomas made his comments as dozens of Miami and FIU players stormed the Orange Bowl field and fought during the third quarter of their teams' game Saturday night, an incident that led to the suspension of at least 31 players and forced officials from both schools to publicly apologize for the melee.

"Now, that's what I'm talking about," Thomas said as the brawl raged out of control. "You come into our house, you should get your behind kicked. You don't come into the OB playing that stuff. You're across the ocean over there. You're across the city. You can't come over to our place talking noise like that. You'll get your butt beat. I was about to go down the elevator to get in that thing."

Miami and Florida International have campuses 9 miles apart in Miami-Dade County. It was the first meeting between the two programs, and the Hurricanes went on to win 35-0.

As the fight slowed, Thomas' comments continued.

"I say, why don't they just meet outside in the tunnel after the ball game and get it on some more? You don't come into the OB, baby," Thomas said. "We've had a down couple years but you don't come in here talking smack. Not in our house."

A tape of the fight, including Thomas' comments, was available on the Internet on Sunday and Monday. The game was available for viewing Saturday night on a pay-per-view basis.

On Monday, Miami extended the suspension of one player and said further disciplinary measures will be taken in the wake of the brawl.

Sophomore safety Anthony Reddick was suspended indefinitely following further consultation Monday with the Atlantic Coast Conference, the school said. Reddick charged across the field, helmet raised over his head, and slammed it into an opposing player during the melee.

One-game suspensions for Reddick and 12 Miami teammates were announced Sunday. Other disciplinary measures for the players may include community service and other unspecified actions, the school said in a statement.

Meanwhile, the Golden Panthers took a much harsher stance dismissing two players, Chris Smith and Marshall McDuffie Jr., and extending the suspensions of all other 16 sanctioned players indefinitely.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 11:07 PM
2-7 and still a fan!

Jiggas acting like jiggas! I almost let my daughter go the "U" I'm glad she stayed here in Dallas and is going to SMU, i would have been embarressed over that bullshit. They need to press charges on all involved...'H'

Quote:
Originally Posted by centexchick View Post
I fuck, have sex, make love. If I break out the heels and leather...then a fucking it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz View Post
Cupping the bawls always helps with the sensation, Good rule of thumb is to tell the gal to rub the balls any chance/angle she gets.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 11:19 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Exclamation

SMU chicks are hot. Looking for a son-in-law?

Quote:
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 11:49 PM
2-7 and still a fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino
SMU chicks are hot. Looking for a son-in-law?
I was, but you're out now thanks to your comment about my spelling oh and they are HOT, she has already brought over a few friends and all I can say is OH MY ...'H'

Quote:
I fuck, have sex, make love. If I break out the heels and leather...then a fucking it is.
Quote:
Cupping the bawls always helps with the sensation, Good rule of thumb is to tell the gal to rub the balls any chance/angle she gets.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 12:10 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED32V
I was, but you're out now thanks to your comment about my spelling oh and they are HOT, she has already brought over a few friends and all I can say is OH MY ...'H'
we need pics to confirm this. Daughter and friends please.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 07:03 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Jiggas acting like jiggas! I almost let my daughter go the "U" I'm glad she stayed here in Dallas and is going to SMU, i would have been embarressed over that bullshit. They need to press charges on all involved...'H'

Damn H, paying SMU tuition must cut into the "car budget" big time!!!

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 08:27 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

They just said on the Radio that Playboy will be in town looking for SMU Girls . . . . I think I just heard Henry loading his gun.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 09:14 AM
2-7 and still a fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
Damn H, paying SMU tuition must cut into the "car budget" big time!!!
28K a year (two semesters) to be exact, yes it is had cut deeep, deeeeep into the Cobra budget, I need 18 tires all the way around, new CC plates, I need to finish the A/C (dryer-liquid line-freon) dyno tune the TwEECerRT and then I can get back too racing, but it doesn't look likes it's going to happen anytime soon though ...'H'

Quote:
Quote:
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 04:39 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Comment? What? Spelling? It was the hydrocodone.

Quote:
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 07:49 PM
Saint's heart sinner skin

Excerpt from "Forde Yard Dash" on ESPN.COM

The many good guys on the Miami roster and the many good people at the school will protest strenuously that this is not a program with an overabundance of thugs. But you are how you act. And the Hurricanes' actions of late fit that label as snugly as the hand of Anthony Reddick (6) fit around the bars of his face mask, as he swung his helmet like a cudgel at FIU players Saturday night.

Here's your checklist, Hurricanes. If you:

A. Brawl with the opposition in the tunnel coming off the field following a 37-point bowl loss

B. Have players on your team recording a spectacularly profane rap song about group sex

C. Stomp on the midfield logo of another team in what could only be an intentional pregame attempt to antagonize

D. Use your cleats, helmets and fists as weapons in a five-minute brawl with another team -- no matter who started it

Then guess what? You're Thug U. You singularly lack class. And your coach and school administration seem either powerless or uninterested in doing anything to alter that. According to Miami media reports, Coker's initial response to the mayhem Saturday night was fairly dismissive of the ramifications. Said Coker: "This won't be a big negative on the University of Miami."

Oh, really?

Strock, meanwhile, was promising severe consequences for his Thugs In Training. (FIU followed through by dismissing two players and indefinitely suspending 16 others.)

It took Larry Coker and the Canes awhile to get a grip on the situation. It's possible Coker couldn't grasp the full scale of the brawl while in the middle of it. But to suggest that it wouldn't hurt his program or the school indicates complete cluelessness or brute denial.

By Sunday, Coker had gotten a grip and at least said the right things. But the initial punishment arrived at by the Miami administration and the Atlantic Coast Conference -- one-game suspensions -- was an absolute joke.

Upon further review, league and school located some spine and at least made Reddick's suspension indefinite. That's at least closer to season-ending, which is what he deserves. It also would be the proper punishment for fellow safety Brandon Meriweather (7), whose classy decision to stomp on the legs and backs of FIU players already under assault has not yet earned him more than one game in the cooler.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colum...t&lid=tab2pos1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement