Texas vs. Baylor - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Texas vs. Baylor

Tonights game was definately sloppy in some areas, but I'll take a 32 point win and the Big XII South lead any day.

Colt McCoy had a HUGE night throwing 6 TD's and setting a new Texas QB Freshman record.

Baylor had absolutely nothing to lose in this game and their play showed it by simply throwing it long and hoping their WR's could come down with it. It also didn't help that both Terrell Brown and Mike Griffin didn't play in the game. That was a definate learning experience for Deion Beasley. He had both good and bad plays for the night, but that is expected from a true Freshman DB in his first start.

Texas also had wayyyyy too many penalties in this game. They must shore that up as well as get everyone healthy for next week's game against Nebraska in Lincoln.

For the Colt McCoy haters out there, here are his season stats so far:

101/147, 1,230 yards, 18 TD, 3 INT

35 rushes, 95 yards, 1 TD

*EDIT*

Texas may move up yet another spot with Florida losing with 30 seconds left to go and no timeouts.
SVTVenom is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 08:47 PM
#4 Best QB Ever
 
That_Is_My_El_Camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 29,339
zOMG, it's like, deja vu, all over again!


Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
That_Is_My_El_Camino is offline  
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
FLORIDA LOSES!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!

2 DOWN, 3 TO GO.
SVTVenom is offline  
 
post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 09:03 PM
Meeeeooowww
 
ALLAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: the MCO airport
Posts: 20,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
FLORIDA LOSES!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!

2 DOWN, 3 TO GO.
USC, Ohio St, and Michigan?
If everyone had one loss the BCS would be so fucked.

ALLAN is offline  
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 09:11 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Just need USC to lose and Texas will be in the national championship.
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 09:22 PM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
Just need USC to lose and Texas will be in the national championship.
Guess that didn't happen, LOL
Pro Trash is offline  
post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 09:22 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
Guess that didn't happen, LOL
Hell both USC and Michigan both won by a touchdown. Damnit.
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLAN
USC, Ohio St, and Michigan?
If everyone had one loss the BCS would be so fucked.
No, USC, Michigan, and West Virginia.

<----- Has no problem going back to the BCS Title game being #2.

USC still has to play Oregon, Cal, and Notre Dame.

Michigan still has to play Iowa and Ohio State.

West Virginia still has to play Louisville and Rutgers.

The BCS could easily be this tomorrow:

1. Ohio State
2. Michigan
3. USC
4. Texas
5. West Virginia
SVTVenom is offline  
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 09:32 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
No, USC, Michigan, and West Virginia.

<----- Has no problem going back to the BCS Title game being #2.

USC still has to play Oregon, Cal, and Notre Dame.

Michigan still has to play Iowa and Ohio State.

West Virginia still has to play Louisville and Rutgers.

The BCS could easily be this tomorrow:

1. Ohio State
2. Michigan
3. USC
4. Texas
5. West Virginia
You know Im a big Texas fan but how do you figure they will be higher rank then WVU?
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 09:42 PM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
You know Im a big Texas fan but how do you figure they will be higher rank then WVU?
Well according to the BCS points system it is possible for WVU to be undefeated and still be behind UT in the final BCS standings. I think UT still needs to keep their eyes open going into Nebrask and playing Texas A&M this season. Texas could take a hit, I don't think they will but the chance exists.
Pro Trash is offline  
post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 09:44 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
Well according to the BCS points system it is possible for WVU to be undefeated and still be behind UT in the final BCS standings. I think UT still needs to keep their eyes open going into Nebrask and playing Texas A&M this season. Texas could take a hit, I don't think they will but the chance exists.
Well Texas better not play defense like they did tonight, or they will lose to one of those teams. But I dont see that happing either.
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
Well according to the BCS points system it is possible for WVU to be undefeated and still be behind UT in the final BCS standings. I think UT still needs to keep their eyes open going into Nebrask and playing Texas A&M this season. Texas could take a hit, I don't think they will but the chance exists.
Exactly. The BCS computers do not like WVA because of their schedule.

If you thought the past few years had the BCS people's asshole's puckered up, you ain't seen nothin yet.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
Well Texas better not play defense like they did tonight, or they will lose to one of those teams. But I dont see that happing either.
Baylor had nothing to lose tonight so it really didn't matter what they did. They had no ranking to worry about or style points to win by. They definately caught Texas off guard in the 1st quarter, but talent took over and Texas won easily.

Texas needs to stop playing on TBS because the past 3 times they have played on there, they have played like crap in the 1st half.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 10:03 PM
Raiden Wins
 
def1eppard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Earthrealm
Posts: 4,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Baylor had nothing to lose tonight so it really didn't matter what they did. They had no ranking to worry about or style points to win by. They definately caught Texas off guard in the 1st quarter, but talent took over and Texas won easily.

Texas needs to stop playing on TBS because the past 3 times they have played on there, they have played like crap in the 1st half.
The Texas Be Shitty channel?

def1eppard is offline  
post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 10:05 PM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Exactly. The BCS computers do not like WVA because of their schedule.

If you thought the past few years had the BCS people's asshole's puckered up, you ain't seen nothin yet.
Well the BCs computers take into account the teams from out of conference play and the toughness of the conference the team is in. UT technically is behind Auburn and Florida in conference toughness for SEC has a tougher conference. The other aspect is scoring so WVU is okay for they have really out scored most of their opponents. Another factor are the rankings they toss you highest and lowest then compute and average. It is a mess to figure out at this point in the season.
Pro Trash is offline  
post #16 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by def1eppard
The Texas Be Shitty channel?
I have no idea what it is. They did this against Oklahoma St. 2x in a row on TBS and then the bad 1st quarter tonight.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #17 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
Well the BCs computers take into account the teams from out of conference play and the toughness of the conference the team is in. UT technically is behind Auburn and Florida in conference toughness for SEC has a tougher conference. The other aspect is scoring so WVU is okay for they have really out scored most of their opponents. Another factor are the rankings they toss you highest and lowest then compute and average. It is a mess to figure out at this point in the season.
Both Auburn and Florida's losses are worse than Texas'. They shouldn't be in front of Texas.

Texas: Loss to #1 Ohio State

Auburn: Loss to then un-ranked Arkansas

Florida: Loss to #11 Auburn

WVU should not be in front of Texas simply because they have played absolutely NOBODY up to this point in the season and should not be rewarded for beating up a bunch of nobodies.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #18 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 11:05 PM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Both Auburn and Florida's losses are worse than Texas'. They shouldn't be in front of Texas.

Texas: Loss to #1 Ohio State

Auburn: Loss to then un-ranked Arkansas

Florida: Loss to #11 Auburn

WVU should not be in front of Texas simply because they have played absolutely NOBODY up to this point in the season and should not be rewarded for beating up a bunch of nobodies.
Once again you are thinking with tunnel vision, the computer doesn't look at just the strength of one opponent. You really think that a loss to a number 1, combined with wins over some suspect opponents in the big 12 like OU/NEB will over-ride Florida at seasons end? Yes Florida lost to team ranked #11 but they beat now #8 Tenn and #14 LSU with a top 25 GA still on thier schedule not to mention Florida State who will most likely sneak back into the top 25.

Come on Texas has wins over now #23 OU who might drop seeing A.P. is now gone for the season and UT has NEB but they are #21 so the UT schedule will not essentially move them past Florida or Auburn who will most likely move back into the top 8 after knocking off #2 FLorida tonight and Florida will finish in the top 5 as well barring another loss. The one loss UT took to a stellar team doesn't make their season the best 1 loss if more teams take a loss this season. UT only played one real tough game thus far versus other teams that have stacked schedules.
Pro Trash is offline  
post #19 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 11:06 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
Well according to the BCS points system it is possible for WVU to be undefeated and still be behind UT in the final BCS standings. I think UT still needs to keep their eyes open going into Nebrask and playing Texas A&M this season. Texas could take a hit, I don't think they will but the chance exists.
I highly doubt UT is scared of A&M, but Nebraska, maybe.
Brittstang 5.0 is offline  
post #20 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 12:27 AM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittstang 5.0
I highly doubt UT is scared of A&M, but Nebraska, maybe.
Last year you all thought the same thing, Britt if you need to learn one thing, it is that rivalries are the worst games to bet on. I can't count how many times over the years great teams have lost rivalry games against opponents that didn't stand a chance on paper. If someone would have said A&M would still be holding on going into the 4th quarter in last years game with UT they'd have been laughed out of there but it happened.

I'll give you an idea of how wierd college ball can get in 2002 OU ranked #8 lost to A&M who was unranked, OU beat UT 35-24 and UT beat A&M 50-20, college football is just crazy at times. I never bet on rivalries, there is always a chance something ugly can happen.
Pro Trash is offline  
post #21 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 12:33 AM
Sports weenie @ full attn
 
ZYouL8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Laughlin AFB
Posts: 5,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
Last year you all thought the same thing, Britt if you need to learn one thing, it is that rivalries are the worst games to bet on. I can't count how many times over the years great teams have lost rivalry games against opponents that didn't stand a chance on paper. If someone would have said A&M would still be holding on going into the 4th quarter in last years game with UT they'd have been laughed out of there but it happened.

I'll give you an idea of how wierd college ball can get in 2002 OU ranked #8 lost to A&M who was unranked, OU beat UT 35-24 and UT beat A&M 50-20, college football is just crazy at times. I never bet on rivalries, there is always a chance something ugly can happen.
Yawn. A&M should be worried about OK St, Neb, Baylor, OU, and Texas. The only game worth a shit left on UT's schedule is Nebraska and maybe at Tech. The Ags are a joke and the rest of the season will prove that.

ZYouL8R is offline  
post #22 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 12:36 AM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
Yawn. A&M should be worried about OK St, Neb, Baylor, OU, and Texas. The only game worth a shit left on UT's schedule is Nebraska and maybe at Tech. The Ags are a joke and the rest of the season will prove that.
We worry about every game, UT has only played two good opponents as of yet and they are 1-1, that doesn't look like a dynasty in Austin bubba
Pro Trash is offline  
post #23 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 08:14 AM
M0DERAT0R
 
Boss Hogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Hazzard County
Posts: 19,655
Talking

UT has a dynasty against A&M.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
Boss Hogg is offline  
post #24 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 08:29 AM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hogg
UT has a dynasty against A&M.
Nu-Un
Pro Trash is offline  
post #25 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hogg
UT has a dynasty against A&M.
7 in a row? I think so.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #26 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 03:46 PM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Tonights game was definately sloppy in some areas, but I'll take a 32 point win and the Big XII South lead any day.

Colt McCoy had a HUGE night throwing 6 TD's and setting a new Texas QB Freshman record.

Baylor had absolutely nothing to lose in this game and their play showed it by simply throwing it long and hoping their WR's could come down with it. It also didn't help that both Terrell Brown and Mike Griffin didn't play in the game. That was a definate learning experience for Deion Beasley. He had both good and bad plays for the night, but that is expected from a true Freshman DB in his first start.

Texas also had wayyyyy too many penalties in this game. They must shore that up as well as get everyone healthy for next week's game against Nebraska in Lincoln.

For the Colt McCoy haters out there, here are his season stats so far:

101/147, 1,230 yards, 18 TD, 3 INT

35 rushes, 95 yards, 1 TD

*EDIT*

Texas may move up yet another spot with Florida losing with 30 seconds left to go and no timeouts.
and you wonder why texas isn't higher in the bcs rankings? weak foes=lower ranking. yea for the big 12 being a weak conference
Cartman is offline  
post #27 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
and you wonder why texas isn't higher in the bcs rankings? weak foes=lower ranking. yea for the big 12 being a weak conference
Yeah, so weak that they've gone to the BCS Title game for the past 3 years, right?
SVTVenom is offline  
post #28 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 04:23 PM
#4 Best QB Ever
 
That_Is_My_El_Camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 29,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Yeah, so weak that they've gone to the BCS Title game for the past 3 years, right?
Welcome to 2006, where things aren't quite the same as they were in 2005, 2004, 2003, or 1973.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
That_Is_My_El_Camino is offline  
post #29 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino
Welcome to 2006, where things aren't quite the same as they were in 2005, 2004, 2003, or 1973.
Just the facts sir, just the facts.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #30 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 04:31 PM
#4 Best QB Ever
 
That_Is_My_El_Camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 29,339
Exclamation

Those facts are almost as factual as they are irrelevant...


Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
That_Is_My_El_Camino is offline  
post #31 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 04:31 PM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Just the facts sir, just the facts.
did little nate lose his arguement...lol
Cartman is offline  
post #32 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
did little nate lose his arguement...lol
No, he can't get around the fact that for the past 3 years it has been the Big XII playing for the championship and the SEC only being there once.

I clearly understand this is a new year, but with Texas being in the position they are in and winning out could put them back in there.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #33 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 04:37 PM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
No, he can't get around the fact that for the past 3 years it has been the Big XII playing for the championship and the SEC only being there once.

I clearly understand this is a new year, but with Texas being in the position they are in and winning out could put them back in there.
winning out for all the teams ahead of them minus the two that have to play one of the others then that is 5 teams texas still has to leapfrog. won't happen. there is a chance of a Mich and OSU title game. I think MIch will win this year, but when the bowl game gets here who knows.
Cartman is offline  
post #34 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 04:38 PM
#4 Best QB Ever
 
That_Is_My_El_Camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 29,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
No, he can't get around the fact that for the past 3 years it has been the Big XII playing for the championship and the SEC only being there once.
That doesn't mean the talent level couldn't have/hasn't dried up in the ol' Big XII...


Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
That_Is_My_El_Camino is offline  
post #35 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
winning out for all the teams ahead of them minus the two that have to play one of the others then that is 5 teams texas still has to leapfrog. won't happen. there is a chance of a Mich and OSU title game. I think MIch will win this year, but when the bowl game gets here who knows.
Just like Auburn wasn't going to get beat and then Florida wasn't going to get beat, right?

Texas has an advantage of having to play a Championship game and that helps with votes.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #36 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 04:43 PM
Raiden Wins
 
def1eppard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Earthrealm
Posts: 4,045
So yep...that was a good game. Colt McCoy played good.

def1eppard is offline  
post #37 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 04:46 PM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Just like Auburn wasn't going to get beat and then Florida wasn't going to get beat, right?

Texas has an advantage of having to play a Championship game and that helps with votes.
so does flordia and auburn, what next mr smart guy
Cartman is offline  
post #38 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
so does flordia and auburn, what next mr smart guy
Yes, but they have losses to worse teams than Texas.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #39 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 04:50 PM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Yes, but they have losses to worse teams than Texas.
but they play better teams than texas the rest of the way, hell the whole season.
Cartman is offline  
post #40 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
but they play better teams than texas the rest of the way, hell the whole season.
In your opinion.

You can drone on and on about how great the SEC is, but the fact still remains that they couldn't get to the big game save for 1 time in the past 3 years.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #41 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 04:54 PM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
In your opinion.

You can drone on and on about how great the SEC is, but the fact still remains that they couldn't get to the big game save for 1 time in the past 3 years.
true, but we all know that ou was overranked that year they played usc and auburn should have been in there, but the past is the past, and you need the sec to beat each other up so texas has an outside shot at a title game.
Cartman is offline  
post #42 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
true, but we all know that ou was overranked that year they played usc and auburn should have been in there, but the past is the past, and you need the sec to beat each other up so texas has an outside shot at a title game.
Again, its nobody's fault but their own that they can't TCB. I'm only worried about Texas winning out. They should get there if they win out.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #43 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 05:33 PM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Again, its nobody's fault but their own that they can't TCB. I'm only worried about Texas winning out. They should get there if they win out.
but it is texas fault for not jumping to the sec when they invited them. going to get screwed by playing in weak league.
Cartman is offline  
post #44 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
but it is texas fault for not jumping to the sec when they invited them. going to get screwed by playing in weak league.
Why go play in the conference that can't get to the Championship game?
SVTVenom is offline  
post #45 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 05:54 PM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Why go play in the conference that can't get to the Championship game?
lets see granted this was a rush count but it is sec 23 big 12 21 total titles. what now?
Cartman is offline  
post #46 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
lets see granted this was a rush count but it is sec 23 big 12 21 total titles. what now?
It shows that they are pretty much dead even despite your insistance that the SEC is has been head and shoulders better than everyone.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #47 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 11:17 PM
Formerly 5.0Vert
 
Tangstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 9,823
UT football is not life and is not even that great.
Tangstang is offline  
post #48 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 01:19 AM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
It shows that they are pretty much dead even despite your insistance that the SEC is has been head and shoulders better than everyone.
but they have won more. so they are the better conference.
Cartman is offline  
post #49 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 04:25 PM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Tonights game was definately sloppy in some areas, but I'll take a 32 point win and the Big XII South lead any day.

Colt McCoy had a HUGE night throwing 6 TD's and setting a new Texas QB Freshman record.

Baylor had absolutely nothing to lose in this game and their play showed it by simply throwing it long and hoping their WR's could come down with it. It also didn't help that both Terrell Brown and Mike Griffin didn't play in the game. That was a definate learning experience for Deion Beasley. He had both good and bad plays for the night, but that is expected from a true Freshman DB in his first start.

Texas also had wayyyyy too many penalties in this game. They must shore that up as well as get everyone healthy for next week's game against Nebraska in Lincoln.

For the Colt McCoy haters out there, here are his season stats so far:

101/147, 1,230 yards, 18 TD, 3 INT

35 rushes, 95 yards, 1 TD

*EDIT*

Texas may move up yet another spot with Florida losing with 30 seconds left to go and no timeouts.



Marcus Griffin was out, not Mike and that was a QB record, not a freshmen recored. He just happends to be a freshmen. get it right.
bert89coupe is offline  
post #50 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
Marcus Griffin was out, not Mike and that was a QB record, not a freshmen recored. He just happends to be a freshmen. get it right.
They are twins you know.
SVTVenom is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome