Frantastic: How about them Aggies ! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Never settle always excel

Frantastic: How about them Aggies !

I was very happy with that game and the controlling of the clock by the Offense not to mention the Defense stepping up. Anyone else watch the game?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 04:54 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Now that was a game. I only got to see the 2nd half, and the D was looking very good.

Still no Crew . . . but if they keep it up, they may get to a Crew Status.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 04:59 PM
Mavs Fan For Life!

It was a good win for the Aggies and Fakechione. if they win out(excluding thier loss to Texas later this year) they should get a good bowl game, thus saving Fran's job for one more year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Gifs at Giftube.com

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 05:02 PM
not exclude

Fuckin' Aggies

(lol, nah really, good game today. I just feel like every topic concerning Ags should be address so I was very surprised by their playing today.)
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 05:03 PM
American Idol

Good adjustments by the D coaches in the 2nd half. Fran may have actually out coached the Mizzou coach. That fake FG bit them in the ass. Now, Fran has to get them ready for Okie St. If they blow that game somehow, he will be back in the dog house. Anyway, it was a good win and hopefully they can continue it. Maybe Goodson can have a break out game next week, he's due.

"I don't have a problem with anger, I have a problem with idiots!"
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 05:03 PM
Time Served

Just watched the last quarter, Lane was rushing his ass off. looked like a good game

post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 05:06 PM
American Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefehbk
It was a good win for the Aggies and Fakechione. if they win out(excluding thier loss to Texas later this year) they should get a good bowl game, thus saving Fran's job for one more year.
Shit, I'll take a 10-2 record!!!!!!!

post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 05:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
Now that was a game. I only got to see the 2nd half, and the D was looking very good.

Still no Crew . . . but if they keep it up, they may get to a Crew Status.
I am surprised you're not telling me to put the brakes on this week, like last week. I guess your Aggie pride is recovering
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 05:11 PM
Lifer

A&M sucks still. Beat Texas and then I will have some respect for them.
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 05:14 PM
Mavs Fan For Life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Jr
Shit, I'll take a 10-2 record!!!!!!!

Yeah I have always liked A&M. My opinion has to be one of the top 5 places in the country to watch a college football game live. Tennessee, Ohio State, Michigan and Notre Dame come to mind as well as places to go.

I am not hardcore about any one team per say...I am just a college football fan in general.

Quote:

Gifs at Giftube.com
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 05:15 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
I am surprised you're not telling me to put the brakes on this week, like last week. I guess your Aggie pride is recovering
Last weeks game wasn't a good Win. Today's was.

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 05:16 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
No you won't. LOL

post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 05:17 PM
Lifer

Quote:
No you won't. LOL
You're right.
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 05:17 PM
American Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
I think they could probably care less about your respect.

post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 05:19 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I think they could probably care less about your respect.
everyone cares about my respect.
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Last weeks game wasn't a good Win. Today's was.
Any win is good win for my Aggies. My Aggie loyalty wasn't in question. Remember it is easy to stand behind your team when they are doing great not so easy when they are struggling .
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 05:30 PM
not exclude

Quote:
Any win is good win for my Aggies. My Aggie loyalty wasn't in question. Remember it is easy to stand behind your team when they are doing great not so easy when they are struggling .
I always stand behind my team but I'm not going to get on here and cheer about a Baylor win
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 05:34 PM
American Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
I always stand behind my team but I'm not going to get on here and cheer about a Baylor win
If they beat texas, I will for them!

post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 05:34 PM
not exclude

Quote:
If they beat texas, I will for them!
Baylor beating Texas would definetely be something for them to cheer about.
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 05:46 PM
Time Served

An Aggie win, and a Tech loss to Colorado........its a good day!
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

I am just very happy to have beaten a top 25 team in a good contest. It isn't like Mizz had a terrible game, we just controlled the clock and Fran showed some true coaching ability down at Kyle today. I just hope we can become consistent in a season when teams do great one week then fall apart the next.
post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 06:20 PM
Mavs Fan For Life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revoautowerks
...a Tech loss to Colorado........its a good day!
Yeah Tech should be embarrassed by that big of a loss.

Quote:

Gifs at Giftube.com
post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 06:33 PM
dead

congrats... they played well.
post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 08:26 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Mizzou's play calling is what allowed the Aggies to win that game. Why you call that type of play on a 4th and goal only down by 6 is beyond me.

Give credit to Lane for being able to keep the clock rolling and Mizzou's offense off the field.
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Mizzou's play calling is what allowed the Aggies to win that game. Why you call that type of play on a 4th and goal only down by 6 is beyond me.

Give credit to Lane for being able to keep the clock rolling and Mizzou's offense off the field.
Nothing allowed us to win we controlled the clock, ran the ball up the middle, McGee was 19/23, 1TD, 0 INT's, Lane 127 yards 1 TD and Goodson 65 yards, 1TD. Our Defense caused 3 turn overs and held them 1-8 on 3rd down conversions and 1-3 on 4th down conversions. So you'll have to excuse me if I tell you to take the Orange sunglasses off and give the A&M team as a whole the credit.
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 09:20 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Nothing allowed us to win we controlled the clock, ran the ball up the middle, McGee was 19/23, 1TD, 0 INT's, Lane 127 yards 1 TD and Goodson 65 yards, 1TD. Our Defense caused 3 turn overs and held them 1-8 on 3rd down conversions and 1-3 on 4th down conversions. So you'll have to excuse me if I tell you to take the Orange sunglasses off and give the A&M team as a whole the credit.
You know that play calling was boneheaded and allowed A&M to win. Mizzou passed all over A&M's 'D' today but A&M was able to keep Mizzou off the field for a significant amount of time because of the run game and Mizzou's lack of defensive size. A&M won the game, but it wasn't a dominating win on the scoreboard like you are acting.

They might get a top 25 nod with Va Tech losing this week. Man, that must eat you up having one of your teams leap over the other at it's expense.
post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
You know that play calling was boneheaded and allowed A&M to win. Mizzou passed all over A&M's 'D' today but A&M was able to keep Mizzou off the field for a significant amount of time because of the run game and Mizzou's lack of defensive size. A&M won the game, but it wasn't a dominating win on the scoreboard like you are acting.

They might get a top 25 nod with Va Tech losing this week. Man, that must eat you up having one of your teams leap over the other at it's expense.

How is it that bad play callingby Mizz? They lost because the Aggies controlled the clock? Our defense put pressure on Mizz and caused 3 turn overs. Did you watch the game today? Mizz didn't have a bunch of mistakes, they got out played by our defense and out run by Lane and company, he is a 278 pound sledge hammer. Come on, give the Aggies some credit and stop placating them with little snips that someone gave them a game.
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 09:46 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
How is it that bad play callingby Mizz? They lost because the Aggies controlled the clock? Our defense put pressure on Mizz and caused 3 turn overs. Did you watch the game today? Mizz didn't have a bunch of mistakes, they got out played by our defense and out run by Lane and company, he is a 278 pound sledge hammer. Come on, give the Aggies some credit and stop placating them with little snips that someone gave them a game.
How is it bad play calling? Dude, they were down by only 6 with TONS of time on the clock and were 4th and goal from like the 9 yardline and call a run. Take the 3 points and kick it away. They still had 2 timeouts left and had no problem driving it on A&M all day long.

A&M allowed Daniel to complete 72.9% of his passes and throw for almost 300 yards, 293, while only getting 1 sack the whole entire day.

Frantastic owes Lane his coaching life right now because Mizzou couldn't stop him.

Last edited by SVTVenom; 10-14-2006 at 09:52 PM.
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 10:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
How is it bad play calling? Dude, they were down by only 6 with TONS of time on the clock and were 4th and goal from like the 9 yardline and call a run. Take the 3 points and kick it away. They still had 2 timeouts left and had no problem driving it on A&M all day long.

A&M allowed Daniel to complete 72.9% of his passes and throw for almost 300 yards, 293, while only getting 1 sack the whole entire day.

Frantastic owes Lane his coaching life right now because Mizzou couldn't stop him.
See that is where you contradict yourself in your own quote.

"Dude, they were down by only 6 with TONS of time on the clock and were 4th and goal from like the 9 yardline and call a run. "

Then you say

"They still had 2 timeouts left and had no problem driving it on A&M all day long."

So if they had time and had been successful running it on us all day it didn't seemed far fetched to keep it on the ground and punch a 2 yard run to get a first down from the Mizz 46. So which is it, they could move it and thought they could or they could move and should have played it safe and still lost? We had controlled the clock, Mizz had no confidence in their Defense to get the ball back down by 3 points had they kicked instead of going for it on 4th and 2. With around 3:10 to play. I really don't think you understand the coaching considerations made on a football field in a close game.
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 10:22 PM
Lifer

Good win for the Aggies but the A&m faithfull were pretty quiet before this game. Almost as quiet as the Texas fans you called out last week for no talking alot before the shoot out.
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 10:23 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
See that is where you contradict yourself in you own quote.

"Dude, they were down by only 6 with TONS of time on the clock and were 4th and goal from like the 9 yardline and call a run. "

Then you say

"They still had 2 timeouts left and had no problem driving it on A&M all day long."

So if they had time and had been successful running it on us all day it didn't seemed far fetched to keep it on the ground and punch a 2 yard run to get a first down from the Mizz 46. So which is it, they could move it and thought they could or they could move and should ahve played it safe and still lost? We had controlled the clock, Mizz had no confidence in their Defense to get the ball back down by 3 points had they kicked instead of going for it on 4th and 2. With around 3:10 to play. I really don't think you understand the coaching considerations made on a football field in a close game.
No contradicting going on here.

I never said that Mizzou had success running the ball against A&M. I said they had success throwing it against A&M and the boxscore says so.

Mizzou got the ball back 2x after that blown playcalling and called 5 plays for runs out of 9 in those two possesions.

Everyone knows you take the sure points with over 11:43 left on the clock and that many timeouts. Mizzou gave the game away on that call and allowed A&M to run the clock down.
post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr01
Good win for the Aggies but the A&m faithfull were pretty quiet before this game. Almost as quiet as the Texas fans you called out last week for no talking alot before the shoot out.
As much as I love my Aggies there is never a given these days in the win column you take them when you get them and celebrate when you can, LOL.
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 12:26 AM
Lifer

Quote:
As much as I love my Aggies there is never a given these days in the win column you take them when you get them and celebrate when you can, LOL.
I can't bash you on that. I actually root for all Texas programs . Just stirring the pot a little. You know you got lucky that I had a lot of players on a bye week. I'll get my revenge.
post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 12:39 PM
Lifer

It boils down to A&M capitalized on Missouri mistakes and made very few of their own and thats what you have to do in a tough conference to win games. I know a couple of you will never give props where props are due and thats fine.
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 01:16 PM
Genetically Blessed

good win for the aggies.
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 05:59 PM
CEO of......

good, i hope they keep winning, that'll make the beat down they get from Texas look all that more impresive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement