NCAA USA Today Poll - Week 7 - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
NCAA USA Today Poll - Week 7

1. Ohio State (62) (6-0) 1574 1
2. USC (5-0) 1461 2
3. Florida (1) (6-0) 1412 5
4. West Virginia (5-0) 1398 4
5. Michigan (6-0) 1358 6
6. Texas (5-1) 1240 7
7. Louisville (5-0) 1207 8
8. Notre Dame (5-1) 1044 12
9. Tennessee (5-1) 1031 14
10. Auburn (5-1) 958 3
11. California (5-1) 911 17
12. Clemson (5-1) 899 15
13. Iowa (5-1) 672 19
14. Georgia (5-1) 661 9
15. Georgia Tech (5-1) 592 20
16. LSU (4-2) 565 10
17. Virginia Tech (4-1) 523 18
18. Oregon (4-1) 510 11
19. Boise State (6-0) 472 21
20. Nebraska (5-1) 460 22
21. Missouri (6-0) 387 25
22. Oklahoma (3-2) 268 13
23. Arkansas (4-1) 264 29
24. Rutgers (5-0) 261 23
25. Boston College (4-1) 108 27


Others Receiving Votes:

Florida State 74, Wisconsin 58, Penn State 27, Pittsburgh 21, Washington 13, Texas A&M 11, Miami (FL) 8, Texas Tech 7, UCLA 6, Brigham Young 5, Wake Forest 3, North Carolina State 3, South Carolina 3

I figured Arkisaw would be higher than 23 after that type of win. Texas moves up another spot.
SVTVenom is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 12:22 PM
Meeeeooowww
 
ALLAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: the MCO airport
Posts: 20,309
So we need at least 5 teams to lose for the BCS to get f'ed over??

ALLAN is offline  
post #3 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 12:23 PM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
USA today is the coaches poll...wonder what coach put Florida #1....
Nate is offline  
 
post #4 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 12:24 PM
Fear the Stashe
 
unkoricky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The C
Posts: 3,227
UF suprised me, i figured LSU would run all over them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
unkoricky is offline  
post #5 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 01:36 PM
Old School
 
TRAXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 4,684
I'm cool with all of that cept for West Virgina at #4.

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
TRAXX is offline  
post #6 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 01:42 PM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
USA today is the coaches poll...wonder what coach put Florida #1....
I bet it was auburn
Cartman is offline  
post #7 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 08:14 PM
M0DERAT0R
 
Boss Hogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Hazzard County
Posts: 19,655
If I had to guess. I think Ohio State will beat Louisville in the NC game.

1. Ohio State wins out.
2. USC is barely winning games. They will lose to Oregon, Cal, or ND.
3. Florida will lose to Auburn, Fl State, or in the SEC title game.
4. West Virginia loses to Louisville
5. Michigan will lose to Ohio State
6. Texas will win out.
7. Louisville beats West Virginia and leap frogs over Texas.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
Boss Hogg is offline  
post #8 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hogg
If I had to guess. I think Ohio State will beat Louisville in the NC game.

1. Ohio State wins out.
2. USC is barely winning games. They will lose to Oregon, Cal, or ND.
3. Florida will lose to Auburn, Fl State, or in the SEC title game.
4. West Virginia loses to Louisville
5. Michigan will lose to Ohio State
6. Texas will win out.
7. Louisville beats West Virginia and leap frogs over Texas.
Louisville's strength of schedule won't allow them to leapfrog Texas.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #9 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 08:56 PM
Old School
 
TRAXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 4,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Louisville's strength of schedule won't allow them to leapfrog Texas.

Eh, I beg to differ. I agree that Louisville will more than likely beat WV. Thatís why I said I donít agree with WV's ranking. BUT Louisville and WV are each other's best friends in that who ever wins that game will get a boost in SOS with the losing team probably winning out and eeking in the top 10.

Yes it sucks that Texas might end up with one loss, but the fact still remains that its a LOSS.

I think its BULLSHIT that some of the big conferences donít have a championship game while the others do...NOT an even playing field. As far as I know, the Big East doesnít have a conf. championship game right? Just one last bullet that either Louisville or WV doesnt have to dodge.

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
TRAXX is offline  
post #10 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAXX
Eh, I beg to differ. I agree that Louisville will more than likely beat WV. Thatís why I said I donít agree with WV's ranking. BUT Louisville and WV are each other's best friends in that who ever wins that game will get a boost in SOS with the losing team probably winning out and eeking in the top 10.

Yes it sucks that Texas might end up with one loss, but the fact still remains that its a LOSS.

I think its BULLSHIT that some of the big conferences donít have a championship game while the others do...NOT an even playing field. As far as I know, the Big East doesnít have a conf. championship game right? Just one last bullet that either Louisville or WV doesnt have to dodge.
How does Louisville jump?

They only play 2 ranked opponents all year long. One of those was Miami, which we all know was SEVERELY over-ranked and the other will be WVU. Rutgers is ranked right now, but may be unranked by that time as they are at #24.

Texas has already played #1 Ohio State, #14 Oklahoma, and will play at #21 Nebraska in 2 weeks and TT could be ranked by then.

Texas' schedule is MUCH harder than Louisville's by a mile.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #11 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 09:44 PM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
How does Louisville jump?

They only play 2 ranked opponents all year long. One of those was Miami, which we all know was SEVERELY over-ranked and the other will be WVU. Rutgers is ranked right now, but may be unranked by that time as they are at #24.

Texas has already played #1 Ohio State, #14 Oklahoma, and will play at #21 Nebraska in 2 weeks and TT could be ranked by then.

Texas' schedule is MUCH harder than Louisville's by a mile.
But a loss matters more than strenght of schedule buddy. I would love to see UT make it back to the title game against my Bucks...I mean they beat em once this year...what's another one?
Nate is offline  
post #12 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 09:47 PM
CEO of......
 
bert89coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Longview
Posts: 7,134
Rutgers will take care of them in the big east
bert89coupe is offline  
post #13 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 09:48 PM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
Rutgers will take care of them in the big east
lmao...
Nate is offline  
post #14 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
But a loss matters more than strenght of schedule buddy. I would love to see UT make it back to the title game against my Bucks...I mean they beat em once this year...what's another one?
There is no way that a loss to the #1 team in the nation should hurt more than going undefeated, but playing shitty teams.

If that were true, Mizzou would be in the top 5 right now.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #15 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:11 PM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
There is no way that a loss to the #1 team in the nation should hurt more than going undefeated, but playing shitty teams.

If that were true, Mizzou would be in the top 5 right now.
So you think a team that because they play in a diff conference (not their fault) and takes care of business by winning all their games doesn't deserve to be in the National Title game over a team that (yes played a better opponent) but did NOT win all their games and take care of all their business? You really are blinded by all that is UT football. Get a grasp on reality.
Nate is offline  
post #16 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
So you think a team that because they play in a diff conference (not their fault) and takes care of business by winning all their games doesn't deserve to be in the National Title game over a team that (yes played a better opponent) but did NOT win all their games and take care of all their business? You really are blinded by all that is UT football. Get a grasp on reality.
Its not about playing in a different conference, its about playing quality teams. Louisville and WVU could easily schedule quality non-conference opponents to make up for their lackluster conference schedule, but didn't. Auburn got burned by scheduling poor non-conference teams 2 years ago and the same will happen to both Louisville and WVU this year.

You can't honestly sit there and tell me that Texas playing OSU is equal to WVU playing Eastern Washington and Louisville playing Temple. If so, you are a moron.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #17 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:20 PM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
You can't honestly sit there and tell me that Texas playing OSU is equal to WVU playing Eastern Washington and Louisville playing Temple. If so, you are a moron.
I never said that. But what I am saying is I'd rather have an undefeated record come end of season than have 1 loss where I didn't take care of what I needed to on the field.

And yes you are a moron.
Nate is offline  
post #18 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:22 PM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Its not about playing in a different conference, its about playing quality teams. Louisville and WVU could easily schedule quality non-conference opponents to make up for their lackluster conference schedule, but didn't. Auburn got burned by scheduling poor non-conference teams 2 years ago and the same will happen to both Louisville and WVU this year.

You can't honestly sit there and tell me that Texas playing OSU is equal to WVU playing Eastern Washington and Louisville playing Temple. If so, you are a moron.
It's not as though WVU wasn't ranked last year, they finished the year ranked 6th in the Nation. They beat # 10 Georgia last year in their Bowl Game and returned with Pat White as their QB, do you research the teams or just get pissy because they are ranked higher than UT?
Pro Trash is offline  
post #19 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
I never said that. But what I am saying is I'd rather have an undefeated record come end of season than have 1 loss where I didn't take care of what I needed to on the field.

And yes you are a moron.
There have been plenty of 1 loss teams go to a championship game and win it so your point isn't very valid.

With your theory, some Sun Belt team that goes undefeated should get a BCS game simply because they won 11 or 12 games against a bunch of nobodies.

It is WVU and Louisville's fault that they play in that weak conference because they chose to be there and can change conferences just like Miami did.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #20 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
It's not as though WVU wasn't ranked last year, they finished the year ranked 6th in the Nation. They beat # 10 Georgia last year in their Bowl Game and returned with Pat White as their QB, do you research the teams or just get pissy because they are ranked higher than UT?
Georgia wasn't even that good last year, plus they gave that game away. I'm not mad that they are ranked higher than Texas because they are the better team. I'm mad because Texas is the better team and has had to play tougher opponents, yet is behind them at this point in time.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #21 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:30 PM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
You can't just "choose" conferences...WVU yeah I'll just hop in the big Ten this year...next year I'll see how the ACC does...Please just learn to recognize that if UT wants into the national title game without havin to have tons of help, they should have handled it on the field. They did not. There is no way you can dispute that with "facts" of yours. And a SunBelt team is different from a Big East team etc. If they handle their business and make it through undefeated, why not give them a shot at a BCS game instead of having something like a 4 loss FSU team from years past.

With your twisted theory/logic arguments...SEC teams should get in because they have a brutal conference schedule where they beat up on each other. I mean UF has to play LSU, Georgia, Auburn, UT etc...AND A CHAMPIONSHIP GAME OMG! Maybe the SEC teams should transfer to the Big East or Sunbelt and have a weaker cream puff schedule.

and one loss teams should only get in when there are not 2 or more major/mid major teams that are undefeated.
Nate is offline  
post #22 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:31 PM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Georgia wasn't even that good last year, plus they gave that game away. I'm not mad that they are ranked higher than Texas because they are the better team. I'm mad because Texas is the better team and has had to play tougher opponents, yet is behind them at this point in time.
Yeah it's called a loss in the loss column . Besides if you really had your stuff together then you'd know that strength of schedule is no longer a requirement for ranking or voting in the polls. I think UT is a top 5 team but not a top 3 team this year, they have a little bit to do but the QB looks better each game he plays.
Pro Trash is offline  
post #23 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:34 PM
Fear the Stashe
 
unkoricky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The C
Posts: 3,227
Someone want to explain to me how Georgia Wasnt good last year?

SEC isnt the easiest confernce.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
unkoricky is offline  
post #24 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:34 PM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky
Someone want to explain to me how Georgia Wasnt good last year?

SEC isnt the easiest confernce.....
because Venom said so...duh.
Nate is offline  
post #25 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
You can't just "choose" conferences...WVU yeah I'll just hop in the big Ten this year...next year I'll see how the ACC does...Please just learn to recognize that if UT wants into the national title game without havin to have tons of help, they should have handled it on the field. They did not. There is no way you can dispute that with "facts" of yours. And a SunBelt team is different from a Big East team etc. If they handle their business and make it through undefeated, why not give them a shot at a BCS game instead of having something like a 4 loss FSU team from years past.

With your twisted theory/logic arguments...SEC teams should get in because they have a brutal conference schedule where they beat up on each other. I mean UF has to play LSU, Georgia, Auburn, UT etc...AND A CHAMPIONSHIP GAME OMG! Maybe the SEC teams should transfer to the Big East or Sunbelt and have a weaker cream puff schedule.

and one loss teams should only get in when there are not 2 or more major/mid major teams that are undefeated.
Thats exactly why SEC teams are always ranked so high is because they have to play those teams year after year and they are usually good each year.

The fact is, they play in a weak ass conference and play a bunch of nobodies while other teams are stepping up to play big-time teams. I don't even understand why the Big East is a BCS Conference because they haven't done anything nationally to warrant that.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #26 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
Yeah it's called a loss in the loss column . Besides if you really had your stuff together then you'd know that strength of schedule is no longer a requirement for ranking or voting in the polls. I think UT is a top 5 team but not a top 3 team this year, they have a little bit to do but the QB looks better each game he plays.
Strength of schedule may not be in the formula, but voters understand who teams have to play and will vote accordingly.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #27 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:37 PM
Fear the Stashe
 
unkoricky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The C
Posts: 3,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Strength of schedule may not be in the formula
good thing i read this, i thought i was crazy and can go to sleep fine now..

























Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
unkoricky is offline  
post #28 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:37 PM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky
Someone want to explain to me how Georgia Wasnt good last year?

SEC isnt the easiest confernce.....
SVT could possibly be a gigantic DUMBASS? Not sure he'll have to answer that one. He is just pissed because he knows WVU
Pro Trash is offline  
post #29 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:38 PM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Thats exactly why SEC teams are always ranked so high is because they have to play those teams year after year and they are usually good each year.

The fact is, they play in a weak ass conference and play a bunch of nobodies while other teams are stepping up to play big-time teams. I don't even understand why the Big East is a BCS Conference because they haven't done anything nationally to warrant that.
Because it did warrant it when the BCS began and Miami and VT (I believe VT) were in the conference before. That's why. And WVU did warrant the BCS game last year did it not?

and the FACTS still are...IF WV/LOUISVILLE take care of their shit and UT did not, I stand behind the fact they deserve it more than UT.

I am actually a horns fan(after the bucks), but you fucking make me sick to be called a UT supporter.
Nate is offline  
post #30 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky
Someone want to explain to me how Georgia Wasnt good last year?

SEC isnt the easiest confernce.....
Because they had 2 losses going into their bowl game and barely beat unranked South Carolina by 2 and Arkansas by 3.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #31 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:40 PM
Fear the Stashe
 
unkoricky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The C
Posts: 3,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Because they had 2 losses going into their bowl game and barely beat unranked South Carolina by 2 and Arkansas by 3.
wow... I hate the SEC because im a Big 12 person obviously...but you are on crack my man..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
unkoricky is offline  
post #32 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
Because it did warrant it when the BCS began and Miami and VT (I believe VT) were in the conference before. That's why. And WVU did warrant the BCS game last year did it not?

and the FACTS still are...IF WV/LOUISVILLE take care of their shit and UT did not, I stand behind the fact they deserve it more than UT.

I am actually a horns fan(after the bucks), but you fucking make me sick to be called a UT supporter.
No, WVU didn't belong there because they played a bunch of nobodies and went 1-1 against ranked opponents, barely beating Louisville by 2.

There is no way anyone should respect a team that goes undefeated by playing a bunch of chump teams.

Simply, you make me fucking sick for being such a moron.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #33 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:46 PM
Fear the Stashe
 
unkoricky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The C
Posts: 3,227
UF should be #2
WVU is overrated...but they still belong in the top 5



LSU made pissed me off..

USC is suspect, but they belong at #5

Michigan need there props..they have there dynamic duo at QB/RB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
unkoricky is offline  
post #34 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:47 PM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Because they had 2 losses going into their bowl game and barely beat unranked South Carolina by 2 and Arkansas by 3.
But they played in the tougher conference...so their losses aren't as bad right? and they won their games though I mean look at how good Arkansas is now by beating Auburn! Do you see how you use twisted logic only when it benefits you, but if someone else does it, they are wrong...

I hope others see the comedy in this.
Nate is offline  
post #35 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:54 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
But they played in the tougher conference...so their losses aren't as bad right? and they won their games though I mean look at how good Arkansas is now by beating Auburn! Do you see how you use twisted logic only when it benefits you, but if someone else does it, they are wrong...

I hope others see the comedy in this.
We're also talking about 2 losses here vs. only 1 and their losses were to teams outside of the top 10 where as Texas' was to the #1 team in the nation.

Also, its hard to determine how good Arkansas really is because was that win because Auburn was over-ranked or was it because Arkansas was that good?

Two polls say one thing with them only being #22/23 and the other poll says another with them being #17.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #36 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:55 PM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
OH jesus...I'll just resort to this..

MY Buckeyes beat your Horns...and there's not a damn thing you can do to argue that.
Nate is offline  
post #37 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
OH jesus...I'll just resort to this..

MY Buckeyes beat your Horns...and there's not a damn thing you can do to argue that.
I perfectly understand that comment, but just get ready for round 2 because it is slowly, but surely starting to come to fruition.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #38 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:58 PM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
I perfectly understand that comment, but just get ready for round 2 because it is slowly, but surely starting to come to fruition.
Not going to happen, but keep dreaming.
Nate is offline  
post #39 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 11:03 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
Not going to happen, but keep dreaming.
I figure the first game would be like that since we have a freshman QB and our starter and backup cornerbacks were out of the game. I think the QB has gotten better over the season and I think Texas will play a lot better game if they play Ohio st again this year for the national championship. And I know Texas will win that game.
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #40 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 11:03 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
Not going to happen, but keep dreaming.
Thats what Auburn said before playing Arkansas.

Florida still has to finish out their SEC schedule, USC still has to play Oregon/Cal/Notre Dame, WVU still has to play Louisville, and Michigan still has to play their Big 10 schedule and OSU. A loss here, a loss there and Texas is back at #2.
SVTVenom is offline  
post #41 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 11:09 PM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
I figure the first game would be like that since we have a freshman QB and our starter and backup cornerbacks were out of the game. I think the QB has gotten better over the season and I think Texas will play a lot better game if they play Ohio st again this year for the national championship. And I know Texas will win that game.
That game won't happen. UT will NOT make it to the NC game. I would be willing to put money on it...but venom doesn't bet on sports...oh well.
Nate is offline  
post #42 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 11:15 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
That game won't happen. UT will NOT make it to the NC game. I would be willing to put money on it...but venom doesn't bet on sports...oh well.
You never know. The BCS has fucked teams out of it before.
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #43 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 11:17 PM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
You never know. The BCS has fucked teams out of it before.
Yeah...if you want to make a wager...let me know.
Nate is offline  
post #44 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 11:25 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 927
I dunno... If Louisville were to go undefeated I still the Texas is the better team. If that scenario did in fact happen I wouldn't be mad if the Cards got the nod over the Horns, but I would feel that UT, even with a loss, is the better team.

Theres still alot up in the air... alot of football left to be played. Hell, a few upsets here and there and we could have a log jam of 10+ 1 loss teams. Thats when (if) the real fun begins.
davidaustin is offline  
post #45 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 11:28 PM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidaustin
I dunno... If Louisville were to go undefeated I still the Texas is the better team. If that scenario did in fact happen I wouldn't be mad if the Cards got the nod over the Horns, but I would feel that UT, even with a loss, is the better team.

Theres still alot up in the air... alot of football left to be played. Hell, a few upsets here and there and we could have a log jam of 10+ 1 loss teams. Thats when (if) the real fun begins.
Now don't get me wrong, I never said they (either or) were the better team...I'm just going by who deserves it by taking care of business. I think if UT played WVU or Louisville, it would be a good game.
Nate is offline  
post #46 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 11:31 PM
Lifer
 
Badass2000gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 12,197
I think Texas, Ohio st, and Michigan are the top 3 teams in the nation. WVU and Louisville arent shit compared to those teams. And USC is overrated.
Badass2000gt is offline  
post #47 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 11:34 PM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
I think Texas, Ohio st, and Michigan are the top 3 teams in the nation. WVU and Louisville arent shit compared to those teams. And USC is overrated.
Wrong again...OSU, UM and Florida are the top 3. USC/WVU/UT can battle for 4th.
Nate is offline  
post #48 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 11:41 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
Wrong again...OSU, UM and Florida are the top 3. USC/WVU/UT can battle for 4th.
Agreed
davidaustin is offline  
post #49 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 12:25 AM
The Decent Guy
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Posts: 8,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Because they had 2 losses going into their bowl game and barely beat unranked South Carolina by 2 and Arkansas by 3.

We're also talking about 2 losses here vs. only 1 and their losses were to teams outside of the top 10 where as Texas' was to the #1 team in the nation.

Also, its hard to determine how good Arkansas really is because was that win because Auburn was over-ranked or was it because Arkansas was that good?

Two polls say one thing with them only being #22/23 and the other poll says another with them being #17.
wait last year you were saying the sec isn't as tough as the big 12 now they are, make up your mind. the sec is the toughest place to play so using your logic of S.O.S. then the national title is OSU/Mich winner vs whoever survives the SEC.


btw nate who has the number 1 rushing offense the this year and I think they had it last year as well.

there it is set in stone, per venom. mark it down boys going to be one crazy game.
Cartman is offline  
post #50 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 06:44 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!
 
Who Needs 8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: A little here, a little there . . .
Posts: 14,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
I figured Arkisaw would be higher than 23 after that type of win. Texas moves up another spot.
I said it in the other post . . . sip owes pig BIGTIME!!!

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960


Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.


Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.


"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill


The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Who Needs 8 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome