19. Boise State (6-0) 472 21
20. Nebraska (5-1) 460 22
21. Missouri (6-0) 387 25
22. Oklahoma (3-2) 268 13
23. Arkansas (4-1) 264 29
24. Rutgers (5-0) 261 23
25. Boston College (4-1) 108 27

Others Receiving Votes:

Florida State 74, Wisconsin 58, Penn State 27, Pittsburgh 21, Washington 13, Texas A&M 11, Miami (FL) 8, Texas Tech 7, UCLA 6, Brigham Young 5, Wake Forest 3, North Carolina State 3, South Carolina 3

I figured Arkisaw would be higher than 23 after that type of win. Texas moves up another spot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 12:22 PM
Meeeeooowww

So we need at least 5 teams to lose for the BCS to get f'ed over??

post #3 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 12:23 PM
AHMO!

USA today is the coaches poll...wonder what coach put Florida #1....

post #4 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 12:24 PM
Fear the Stashe

UF suprised me, i figured LSU would run all over them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
post #5 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 01:36 PM
Old School

I'm cool with all of that cept for West Virgina at #4.

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
post #6 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 01:42 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
USA today is the coaches poll...wonder what coach put Florida #1....
I bet it was auburn
post #7 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 08:14 PM
M0DERAT0R

If I had to guess. I think Ohio State will beat Louisville in the NC game.

1. Ohio State wins out.
2. USC is barely winning games. They will lose to Oregon, Cal, or ND.
3. Florida will lose to Auburn, Fl State, or in the SEC title game.
4. West Virginia loses to Louisville
5. Michigan will lose to Ohio State
6. Texas will win out.
7. Louisville beats West Virginia and leap frogs over Texas.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #8 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hogg
If I had to guess. I think Ohio State will beat Louisville in the NC game.

1. Ohio State wins out.
2. USC is barely winning games. They will lose to Oregon, Cal, or ND.
3. Florida will lose to Auburn, Fl State, or in the SEC title game.
4. West Virginia loses to Louisville
5. Michigan will lose to Ohio State
6. Texas will win out.
7. Louisville beats West Virginia and leap frogs over Texas.
Louisville's strength of schedule won't allow them to leapfrog Texas.
post #9 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 08:56 PM
Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Louisville's strength of schedule won't allow them to leapfrog Texas.

Eh, I beg to differ. I agree that Louisville will more than likely beat WV. Thatís why I said I donít agree with WV's ranking. BUT Louisville and WV are each other's best friends in that who ever wins that game will get a boost in SOS with the losing team probably winning out and eeking in the top 10.

Yes it sucks that Texas might end up with one loss, but the fact still remains that its a LOSS.

I think its BULLSHIT that some of the big conferences donít have a championship game while the others do...NOT an even playing field. As far as I know, the Big East doesnít have a conf. championship game right? Just one last bullet that either Louisville or WV doesnt have to dodge.

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
post #10 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAXX
Eh, I beg to differ. I agree that Louisville will more than likely beat WV. Thatís why I said I donít agree with WV's ranking. BUT Louisville and WV are each other's best friends in that who ever wins that game will get a boost in SOS with the losing team probably winning out and eeking in the top 10.

Yes it sucks that Texas might end up with one loss, but the fact still remains that its a LOSS.

I think its BULLSHIT that some of the big conferences donít have a championship game while the others do...NOT an even playing field. As far as I know, the Big East doesnít have a conf. championship game right? Just one last bullet that either Louisville or WV doesnt have to dodge.
How does Louisville jump?

They only play 2 ranked opponents all year long. One of those was Miami, which we all know was SEVERELY over-ranked and the other will be WVU. Rutgers is ranked right now, but may be unranked by that time as they are at #24.

Texas has already played #1 Ohio State, #14 Oklahoma, and will play at #21 Nebraska in 2 weeks and TT could be ranked by then.

Texas' schedule is MUCH harder than Louisville's by a mile.
post #11 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 09:44 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
How does Louisville jump?

They only play 2 ranked opponents all year long. One of those was Miami, which we all know was SEVERELY over-ranked and the other will be WVU. Rutgers is ranked right now, but may be unranked by that time as they are at #24.

Texas has already played #1 Ohio State, #14 Oklahoma, and will play at #21 Nebraska in 2 weeks and TT could be ranked by then.

Texas' schedule is MUCH harder than Louisville's by a mile.
But a loss matters more than strenght of schedule buddy. I would love to see UT make it back to the title game against my Bucks...I mean they beat em once this year...what's another one?
post #12 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 09:47 PM
CEO of......

Rutgers will take care of them in the big east
post #13 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 09:48 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
Rutgers will take care of them in the big east
lmao...
post #14 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
But a loss matters more than strenght of schedule buddy. I would love to see UT make it back to the title game against my Bucks...I mean they beat em once this year...what's another one?
There is no way that a loss to the #1 team in the nation should hurt more than going undefeated, but playing shitty teams.

If that were true, Mizzou would be in the top 5 right now.
post #15 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:11 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
There is no way that a loss to the #1 team in the nation should hurt more than going undefeated, but playing shitty teams.

If that were true, Mizzou would be in the top 5 right now.
So you think a team that because they play in a diff conference (not their fault) and takes care of business by winning all their games doesn't deserve to be in the National Title game over a team that (yes played a better opponent) but did NOT win all their games and take care of all their business? You really are blinded by all that is UT football. Get a grasp on reality.
post #16 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
So you think a team that because they play in a diff conference (not their fault) and takes care of business by winning all their games doesn't deserve to be in the National Title game over a team that (yes played a better opponent) but did NOT win all their games and take care of all their business? You really are blinded by all that is UT football. Get a grasp on reality.
Its not about playing in a different conference, its about playing quality teams. Louisville and WVU could easily schedule quality non-conference opponents to make up for their lackluster conference schedule, but didn't. Auburn got burned by scheduling poor non-conference teams 2 years ago and the same will happen to both Louisville and WVU this year.

You can't honestly sit there and tell me that Texas playing OSU is equal to WVU playing Eastern Washington and Louisville playing Temple. If so, you are a moron.
post #17 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:20 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
You can't honestly sit there and tell me that Texas playing OSU is equal to WVU playing Eastern Washington and Louisville playing Temple. If so, you are a moron.
I never said that. But what I am saying is I'd rather have an undefeated record come end of season than have 1 loss where I didn't take care of what I needed to on the field.

And yes you are a moron.
post #18 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:22 PM
Never settle always excel

Quote:
Its not about playing in a different conference, its about playing quality teams. Louisville and WVU could easily schedule quality non-conference opponents to make up for their lackluster conference schedule, but didn't. Auburn got burned by scheduling poor non-conference teams 2 years ago and the same will happen to both Louisville and WVU this year.

It's not as though WVU wasn't ranked last year, they finished the year ranked 6th in the Nation. They beat # 10 Georgia last year in their Bowl Game and returned with Pat White as their QB, do you research the teams or just get pissy because they are ranked higher than UT?
post #19 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
I never said that. But what I am saying is I'd rather have an undefeated record come end of season than have 1 loss where I didn't take care of what I needed to on the field.

And yes you are a moron.
There have been plenty of 1 loss teams go to a championship game and win it so your point isn't very valid.

With your theory, some Sun Belt team that goes undefeated should get a BCS game simply because they won 11 or 12 games against a bunch of nobodies.

It is WVU and Louisville's fault that they play in that weak conference because they chose to be there and can change conferences just like Miami did.
post #20 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
It's not as though WVU wasn't ranked last year, they finished the year ranked 6th in the Nation. They beat # 10 Georgia last year in their Bowl Game and returned with Pat White as their QB, do you research the teams or just get pissy because they are ranked higher than UT?
Georgia wasn't even that good last year, plus they gave that game away. I'm not mad that they are ranked higher than Texas because they are the better team. I'm mad because Texas is the better team and has had to play tougher opponents, yet is behind them at this point in time.
post #21 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:30 PM
AHMO!

You can't just "choose" conferences...WVU yeah I'll just hop in the big Ten this year...next year I'll see how the ACC does...Please just learn to recognize that if UT wants into the national title game without havin to have tons of help, they should have handled it on the field. They did not. There is no way you can dispute that with "facts" of yours. And a SunBelt team is different from a Big East team etc. If they handle their business and make it through undefeated, why not give them a shot at a BCS game instead of having something like a 4 loss FSU team from years past.

With your twisted theory/logic arguments...SEC teams should get in because they have a brutal conference schedule where they beat up on each other. I mean UF has to play LSU, Georgia, Auburn, UT etc...AND A CHAMPIONSHIP GAME OMG! Maybe the SEC teams should transfer to the Big East or Sunbelt and have a weaker cream puff schedule.

and one loss teams should only get in when there are not 2 or more major/mid major teams that are undefeated.
post #22 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Georgia wasn't even that good last year, plus they gave that game away. I'm not mad that they are ranked higher than Texas because they are the better team. I'm mad because Texas is the better team and has had to play tougher opponents, yet is behind them at this point in time.
Yeah it's called a loss in the loss column . Besides if you really had your stuff together then you'd know that strength of schedule is no longer a requirement for ranking or voting in the polls. I think UT is a top 5 team but not a top 3 team this year, they have a little bit to do but the QB looks better each game he plays.
post #23 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:34 PM
Fear the Stashe

Someone want to explain to me how Georgia Wasnt good last year?

SEC isnt the easiest confernce.....

Quote:
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
post #24 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:34 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky

because Venom said so...duh.
post #25 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
You can't just "choose" conferences...WVU yeah I'll just hop in the big Ten this year...next year I'll see how the ACC does...Please just learn to recognize that if UT wants into the national title game without havin to have tons of help, they should have handled it on the field. They did not. There is no way you can dispute that with "facts" of yours. And a SunBelt team is different from a Big East team etc. If they handle their business and make it through undefeated, why not give them a shot at a BCS game instead of having something like a 4 loss FSU team from years past.

With your twisted theory/logic arguments...SEC teams should get in because they have a brutal conference schedule where they beat up on each other. I mean UF has to play LSU, Georgia, Auburn, UT etc...AND A CHAMPIONSHIP GAME OMG! Maybe the SEC teams should transfer to the Big East or Sunbelt and have a weaker cream puff schedule.

and one loss teams should only get in when there are not 2 or more major/mid major teams that are undefeated.
Thats exactly why SEC teams are always ranked so high is because they have to play those teams year after year and they are usually good each year.

The fact is, they play in a weak ass conference and play a bunch of nobodies while other teams are stepping up to play big-time teams. I don't even understand why the Big East is a BCS Conference because they haven't done anything nationally to warrant that.
post #26 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
Yeah it's called a loss in the loss column . Besides if you really had your stuff together then you'd know that strength of schedule is no longer a requirement for ranking or voting in the polls. I think UT is a top 5 team but not a top 3 team this year, they have a little bit to do but the QB looks better each game he plays.
Strength of schedule may not be in the formula, but voters understand who teams have to play and will vote accordingly.
post #27 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:37 PM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Strength of schedule may not be in the formula
good thing i read this, i thought i was crazy and can go to sleep fine now..

Quote:
post #28 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:37 PM

Quote:

SVT could possibly be a gigantic DUMBASS? Not sure he'll have to answer that one. He is just pissed because he knows WVU
post #29 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:38 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
Thats exactly why SEC teams are always ranked so high is because they have to play those teams year after year and they are usually good each year.

The fact is, they play in a weak ass conference and play a bunch of nobodies while other teams are stepping up to play big-time teams. I don't even understand why the Big East is a BCS Conference because they haven't done anything nationally to warrant that.
Because it did warrant it when the BCS began and Miami and VT (I believe VT) were in the conference before. That's why. And WVU did warrant the BCS game last year did it not?

and the FACTS still are...IF WV/LOUISVILLE take care of their shit and UT did not, I stand behind the fact they deserve it more than UT.

I am actually a horns fan(after the bucks), but you fucking make me sick to be called a UT supporter.
post #30 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:

Because they had 2 losses going into their bowl game and barely beat unranked South Carolina by 2 and Arkansas by 3.
post #31 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:40 PM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Because they had 2 losses going into their bowl game and barely beat unranked South Carolina by 2 and Arkansas by 3.
wow... I hate the SEC because im a Big 12 person obviously...but you are on crack my man..

Quote:
post #32 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Because it did warrant it when the BCS began and Miami and VT (I believe VT) were in the conference before. That's why. And WVU did warrant the BCS game last year did it not?

and the FACTS still are...IF WV/LOUISVILLE take care of their shit and UT did not, I stand behind the fact they deserve it more than UT.

I am actually a horns fan(after the bucks), but you fucking make me sick to be called a UT supporter.
No, WVU didn't belong there because they played a bunch of nobodies and went 1-1 against ranked opponents, barely beating Louisville by 2.

There is no way anyone should respect a team that goes undefeated by playing a bunch of chump teams.

Simply, you make me fucking sick for being such a moron.
post #33 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:46 PM
Fear the Stashe

UF should be #2
WVU is overrated...but they still belong in the top 5

LSU made pissed me off..

USC is suspect, but they belong at #5

Michigan need there props..they have there dynamic duo at QB/RB

Quote:
post #34 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:47 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
But they played in the tougher conference...so their losses aren't as bad right? and they won their games though I mean look at how good Arkansas is now by beating Auburn! Do you see how you use twisted logic only when it benefits you, but if someone else does it, they are wrong...

I hope others see the comedy in this.
post #35 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:54 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
But they played in the tougher conference...so their losses aren't as bad right? and they won their games though I mean look at how good Arkansas is now by beating Auburn! Do you see how you use twisted logic only when it benefits you, but if someone else does it, they are wrong...

I hope others see the comedy in this.
We're also talking about 2 losses here vs. only 1 and their losses were to teams outside of the top 10 where as Texas' was to the #1 team in the nation.

Also, its hard to determine how good Arkansas really is because was that win because Auburn was over-ranked or was it because Arkansas was that good?

Two polls say one thing with them only being #22/23 and the other poll says another with them being #17.
post #36 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:55 PM
AHMO!

OH jesus...I'll just resort to this..

MY Buckeyes beat your Horns...and there's not a damn thing you can do to argue that.
post #37 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
OH jesus...I'll just resort to this..

MY Buckeyes beat your Horns...and there's not a damn thing you can do to argue that.
I perfectly understand that comment, but just get ready for round 2 because it is slowly, but surely starting to come to fruition.
post #38 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:58 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
I perfectly understand that comment, but just get ready for round 2 because it is slowly, but surely starting to come to fruition.
Not going to happen, but keep dreaming.
post #39 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 11:03 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I figure the first game would be like that since we have a freshman QB and our starter and backup cornerbacks were out of the game. I think the QB has gotten better over the season and I think Texas will play a lot better game if they play Ohio st again this year for the national championship. And I know Texas will win that game.
post #40 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 11:03 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Thats what Auburn said before playing Arkansas.

Florida still has to finish out their SEC schedule, USC still has to play Oregon/Cal/Notre Dame, WVU still has to play Louisville, and Michigan still has to play their Big 10 schedule and OSU. A loss here, a loss there and Texas is back at #2.
post #41 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 11:09 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
I figure the first game would be like that since we have a freshman QB and our starter and backup cornerbacks were out of the game. I think the QB has gotten better over the season and I think Texas will play a lot better game if they play Ohio st again this year for the national championship. And I know Texas will win that game.
That game won't happen. UT will NOT make it to the NC game. I would be willing to put money on it...but venom doesn't bet on sports...oh well.
post #42 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 11:15 PM
Lifer

Quote:
That game won't happen. UT will NOT make it to the NC game. I would be willing to put money on it...but venom doesn't bet on sports...oh well.
You never know. The BCS has fucked teams out of it before.
post #43 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 11:17 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
You never know. The BCS has fucked teams out of it before.
Yeah...if you want to make a wager...let me know.
post #44 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 11:25 PM

I dunno... If Louisville were to go undefeated I still the Texas is the better team. If that scenario did in fact happen I wouldn't be mad if the Cards got the nod over the Horns, but I would feel that UT, even with a loss, is the better team.

Theres still alot up in the air... alot of football left to be played. Hell, a few upsets here and there and we could have a log jam of 10+ 1 loss teams. Thats when (if) the real fun begins.
post #45 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 11:28 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidaustin
I dunno... If Louisville were to go undefeated I still the Texas is the better team. If that scenario did in fact happen I wouldn't be mad if the Cards got the nod over the Horns, but I would feel that UT, even with a loss, is the better team.

Theres still alot up in the air... alot of football left to be played. Hell, a few upsets here and there and we could have a log jam of 10+ 1 loss teams. Thats when (if) the real fun begins.
Now don't get me wrong, I never said they (either or) were the better team...I'm just going by who deserves it by taking care of business. I think if UT played WVU or Louisville, it would be a good game.
post #46 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 11:31 PM
Lifer

I think Texas, Ohio st, and Michigan are the top 3 teams in the nation. WVU and Louisville arent shit compared to those teams. And USC is overrated.
post #47 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 11:34 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
I think Texas, Ohio st, and Michigan are the top 3 teams in the nation. WVU and Louisville arent shit compared to those teams. And USC is overrated.
Wrong again...OSU, UM and Florida are the top 3. USC/WVU/UT can battle for 4th.
post #48 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Wrong again...OSU, UM and Florida are the top 3. USC/WVU/UT can battle for 4th.
Agreed
post #49 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 12:25 AM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:

We're also talking about 2 losses here vs. only 1 and their losses were to teams outside of the top 10 where as Texas' was to the #1 team in the nation.

Also, its hard to determine how good Arkansas really is because was that win because Auburn was over-ranked or was it because Arkansas was that good?

Two polls say one thing with them only being #22/23 and the other poll says another with them being #17.
wait last year you were saying the sec isn't as tough as the big 12 now they are, make up your mind. the sec is the toughest place to play so using your logic of S.O.S. then the national title is OSU/Mich winner vs whoever survives the SEC.

btw nate who has the number 1 rushing offense the this year and I think they had it last year as well.

there it is set in stone, per venom. mark it down boys going to be one crazy game.
post #50 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 06:44 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
I figured Arkisaw would be higher than 23 after that type of win. Texas moves up another spot.
I said it in the other post . . . sip owes pig BIGTIME!!!

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement