Why I hate UT.... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Why I hate UT....

So I'm an average sports fan, def. not an aggie, but not a UT fan either. But ever since I started working in Austin.... EVERYBODY jocks UT's nuts like crazy here. Especially people who 100% didn't even graduate highschool.... thats what pisses me off about UT, I mean they are a good school, team, etc, its just the bandwagon fans man. I am so pissed they won today, becuase I know I am going to see 1000 times more punk ass UT fans.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 07:08 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Maybe you shouldn't work in the city where the college is located at. Just a thought.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 07:09 PM
Lifer

UT isnt the only school that gets the bandwagon fans. LOL

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 07:10 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BAD06
USC had the most bandwagon fans in history last year.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 07:12 PM
Foxbody King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sariat
So I'm an average sports fan, def. not an aggie, but not a UT fan either. But ever since I started working in Austin.... EVERYBODY jocks UT's nuts like crazy here. Especially people who 100% didn't even graduate highschool.... thats what pisses me off about UT, I mean they are a good school, team, etc, its just the bandwagon fans man. I am so pissed they won today, becuase I know I am going to see 1000 times more punk ass UT fans.

someones a hater

2003 cobra DSG
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 07:15 PM
You never go full retard

Quote:

Welcome to the real world buddy. That's every fucking sport where you have a team that wins more then they lose. Especially when they win some sort of championship or title. Not saying that's you directly... but you'll always have the sheep that follow every winning team.
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 07:00 AM
Meeeeooowww

Quote:
I likre the Cowboys and Steelers and never played for either team.

post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 08:37 AM

Then I guess you hate every other school with a winning program as well...
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 09:14 AM
Turn Your Swag On!

Come cheer for SMU...I doubt half the students even know we have a football team. A pretty damn good one lately too!

1955 F-100
2006 S2000
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 09:22 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Who the fuck says that you have to attend a school in order to like them? I'm a die hard STEELERS fan, but have never even stepped foot in Pennsylvania. I'm a devout Oilers fan, but have never been to Canada. I was a Gators fan as a child, before even having gone to Florida on vacation.

Guess I'm just a band wagoner though...

post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:02 AM
Meeeeooowww

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof
Who the fuck says that you have to attend a school in order to like them? I'm a die hard STEELERS fan, but have never even stepped foot in Pennsylvania. I'm a devout Oilers fan, but have never been to Canada. I was a Gators fan as a child, before even having gone to Florida on vacation.

When I was a kid I like the Gators because of the mascot.

post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:30 AM
Sports weenie @ full attn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof

Don't let Pro Trash read this.

post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:49 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
Don't let Pro Trash read this.
Yeah, according to him you have to be born on the respective field your team plays on to root for them.
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:50 AM
African Booty Scratcher

i used to play for the astros.

god bless.

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 12:10 PM
CEO of......

Quote:

Sariat = DOUCHEBAG enough said.
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 12:29 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELVIS
i used to play for the astros.

god bless.
You lying sack of shit. lol

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 12:30 PM
not exclude

So basically, you're a bandwagon non-fan?
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 01:30 PM
Old School

Sariat, I wont dogg you cause looks like everyone else has done that

Think about it. There are NO pro teams in Austin. So people that like going to sporting events (or just like sports in general) , live in Austin, and have pride for their city and the state of Texas are going to root for the Longhorns. Yeah I think you can claim "ownership" a bit more if you graduated from there but shit, you make it sounds like no other team has fans outside their alumni.

I will agree with one statment you made. I hate bandwagoners. And that is what the subject of this post should be. Dont blame Texas or throw all it's loyal fans in the heap just because Texas is a good team worthy of all the bandwagoners are hitching a ride.

Hook'em Horns Hook'em Horns....OU Sucks!

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 02:43 PM

this guy is dumb. you can like any team you want for any reason you want. its all about preference. just like some people like fords, some like toyotas, some like blue jeans, some like khaki pants, some like marlboros, some like camels....he makes no sense.

wait...neither do i!
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 07:05 PM
Lifer

I don't have biased towards people who like a college team for a school that they did not go to by any means. The only reason I dislike UT is the behavior of most (not all) Texas fans. It is almost like Texas is a seperate nation that everyone in the US hates in some eyes and that drives me crazy.
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

I understand a good team is going to have fans, but I'm just mad that there are so many band wagoners here in Austin... they jock UT SOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard it makes my head hurt.
post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 07:30 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
I understand a good team is going to have fans, but I'm just mad that there are so many band wagoners here in Austin... they jock UT SOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard it makes my head hurt.

maybe you should've stayed in FT Worth and jocked TCU.

I think i'll move to Baton Rouge and bitch about all the yellow and purple i see there.
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 07:31 PM

Quote:

Well, lets see... you live at the epicenter of the The University of Texas college network. Austin has no other professional sports. What did you expect?? A bunch of OU, Michigan, USC, LSU, *insert any team here* fans??

That's like asking people who live in Boston not to be Red Sox fans, New Yorkers not to be Mets or Yankees fans, Dallas not to be Cowboys fans, etc. etc...

The real issue is why this makes you so angry. ANYWHERE you live you will experience the same thing... especially if it's a college town.
post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 10:11 PM
Raiden Wins

Dude, seriously. This has to be the stupidest thread I have ever read.

post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 06:51 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Just wait until Austin wins the Arena Bowl . . . then they'll bandwagon that down there.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 09:05 AM
Never settle always excel

He has a point, I tell you what when I first started teaching back in the 2000-2001 time frame everyone in this area was riding the OU wagon. I mean you'd look down the hallway and every week more and more kids were wearing Sooner Red, just like a lot of kids were wearing Lakers Yellow. Back in the mid 90's everyone was wearing the Cowboys stuff. It seems that people tend to wear the colors of the winners. I don't think they would essentially wear another teams colors if their team started to lose but they would refrain from sporting their own colors of they did. I tell you I didn't see as much Orange around twon following the OSU loss nor did I see much Sooner Red this morning on my commute to Dallas. Take for instance if UT, USC or OU got probation and fell out of the top 25. I bet the sales for their gear would drop dramatically.
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 09:43 AM
You never go full retard

Quote:
It's a sport... It's going to have it's fans and people that jump on the band wagon. GET OVER IT.

It's like the same thing when Lance Armstrong put out the LIVESTRONG bracelets. Half the people were wearing them because everyone else was.
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 09:45 AM
Arbeit Macht Frei

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BAD06
Go 'Stros!

"Wealth Dies, Kinsman Die, A man himself must likewise die; But word-fame, Never dies, For him who achieves it well"
-Hávamál-

post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 09:48 AM
Top Gun Actor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Maybe you shouldn't work in the city where the college is located at. Just a thought.
Yeah no shit

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetrable as the night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.” — Sun Tzu
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
He has a point
He's LIVING and WORKING in Austin. When have there ever NOT been fans crawling over Austin with UT gear. It doesn't matter if you are winning or not.

You think you can go 5 seconds in College Station without seeing/hearing about A&M?? How about Norman regarding OU??

ANYTHING that happens at a school in a college town will make headline/front page news.
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 10:19 AM
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
He has a point, I tell you what when I first started teaching back in the 2000-2001 time frame everyone in this area was riding the OU wagon. I mean you'd look down the hallway and every week more and more kids were wearing Sooner Red, just like a lot of kids were wearing Lakers Yellow. Back in the mid 90's everyone was wearing the Cowboys stuff. It seems that people tend to wear the colors of the winners. I don't think they would essentially wear another teams colors if their team started to lose but they would refrain from sporting their own colors of they did. I tell you I didn't see as much Orange around twon following the OSU loss nor did I see much Sooner Red this morning on my commute to Dallas. Take for instance if UT, USC or OU got probation and fell out of the top 25. I bet the sales for their gear would drop dramatically.

but he's talking about Austin. I can understand that happening in Dallas with SMU and TCU around there.
post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 10:27 AM

I lived at Fort Hood and my ex wife grew up in Austin, we used to be there every weekend it seemed to visit her parents at Lake Travis. We would go to Carlos and Charlies or the Oasis on the lake or down on 6th street. We went to 6th street a bunch, I remember be amazed that people were wearing more Sooner Red on 6th street than Burnt Orange in the fall of 01. I recall last year and this year being on 6th street quite a few times with friends and seeing a flood of Burnt Orange. I also am on a hunting lease in central Texas and even the amount of Burnt Orange in burbs significantly more as in 2 out of 3 versus a few years back it was more like 1 out of 10. I undertstand that UT is next to downtown but honestly when UT had Brown, Applewhite and Simms as QB the amount of Burnt Orange being pushed was much less than when VY came and went.
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 10:31 AM
Sports weenie @ full attn

Everyone is a bandwagoner but you PT.

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 10:37 AM

I was actually at UT during the mentioned time period and it was just the same.

It was all the same... the ammount of coverage from media and the ammount of crazy ass people leading up to and on gamedays have been the same for nearly a decade.

LOL at 6th street being a guage of UT gear wear. Hell most students don't wear alot of orange when they go out unless it's post game partying. Even then most go home and change.
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
Everyone is a bandwagoner but you PT.
Sad but true sometimes it is nice to live in my own little world where everything is Aggie Maroon and intelligent hot rodders drive Ford Mustangs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement