First stars game!!!!! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 06:15 AM Thread Starter
Something clever

First stars game!!!!!

Man it has been awhile. Who else is ready for tonight against colorado. Hopefully it wont be like the last time we met them

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 08:42 AM

I'm so f'n ready Mike!!! Can't wait! Went and grabbed my jerseys from my parents house yesterday! Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!
post #3 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
Something clever

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrjames
I'm so f'n ready Mike!!! Can't wait! Went and grabbed my jerseys from my parents house yesterday! Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!
Yeah I herar that man did you get your fantasy league up and going

post #4 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 09:38 AM
duh...duh....duh

I'm really excited too, but I have to work. Hopefully the job won't take too long and I'll be able to catch some of the game. At least T-mobile has a service to send the scores every so often.

My '03 Sold.
post #5 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 09:40 AM
Never settle always excel

I am still a little upset with the entire NHL after the strike and putting so many people who barely makes ends meet out of work. They lost my support on that one.
post #6 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
Something clever

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko
I'm really excited too, but I have to work. Hopefully the job won't take too long and I'll be able to catch some of the game. At least T-mobile has a service to send the scores every so often.
Man the game doesnt start until 9 how late do you work?

post #7 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 10:17 AM
Lifer

I'll be on the road to Kentucky. But Im ready for the season.
post #8 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 10:27 AM
Arbeit Macht Frei

'Bout damn time!

"Wealth Dies, Kinsman Die, A man himself must likewise die; But word-fame, Never dies, For him who achieves it well"
-Hávamál-

post #9 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 10:39 AM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma67cpe
Man it has been awhile. Who else is ready for tonight against colorado. Hopefully it wont be like the last time we met them
<--- Avs fan.

It should be an ok game. Neither team is especially strong in any position. It'll be interesting, for me anyway, to see the Avs new "kid line" with Statsny, Wolski, and Svatos.

Go Avs!

post #10 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 10:42 AM
Raiden Wins

I hope Marek Svatos scores 50 goals, for my fantasy team...and I mean in this one game...against Turco.

post #11 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 10:44 AM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by def1eppard
I hope Marek Svatos scores 50 goals, for my fantasy team...and I mean in this one game...against Turco.
lol. He's on a talented line, that's for sure. If they can build some chemistry and all stay healthy, I would count on Statsny having A LOT of assists this year and Svats having A LOT of goals this year. That line has lots of potential.

post #12 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Something clever

Quote:
They can only score 50 goals on turk in one game if its the playoffs

post #13 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
I am still a little upset with the entire NHL after the strike and putting so many people who barely makes ends meet out of work. They lost my support on that one.
yeah, that's how I felt about it last year, and made it a point not to watch the games. I'm going to watch some this year, but i will never be the fan I used to be. I liked watching my son play more than the pros, but now he's too old, and schooling the senior leaguers.
post #14 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 03:39 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

That's a bunch of bullshit...not watching because of a goddamn lockout. Baseball fans still watch baseball, basketball fans still watch basketball, and football fans still watch football. They've all had holdouts/lockouts. Quit being sheisty...if you like the damn sport, watch it. Who cares about a lock out that happened two years ago? I don't. I love hockey and am glad it's back on. My team has been murdered worse than any other in the league because of the salary cap, but I love watching hockey just as much now as I did 3 years ago.

post #15 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
Something clever

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90StangLX5.0
That's a bunch of bullshit...not watching because of a goddamn lockout. Baseball fans still watch baseball, basketball fans still watch basketball, and football fans still watch football. They've all had holdouts/lockouts. Quit being sheisty...if you like the damn sport, watch it. Who cares about a lock out that happened two years ago? I don't. I love hockey and am glad it's back on. My team has been murdered worse than any other in the league because of the salary cap, but I love watching hockey just as much now as I did 3 years ago.
Well said for an avs fan J/K I feel the same way though if you like it watch it who gives a shit.

post #16 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 03:45 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Quote:
Well said for an avs fan J/K I feel the same way though if you like it watch it who gives a shit.
While we are on topic, that leads me to another thing...

Most so-called hockey "fans" are a bunch of people who watch the game to see a fight, not true fans like me, probably like you, who have a true understanding of the game and enjoy watching it because it's an American sport that blows the others out of the water.

And I dare someone to argue with me that hockey is an American sport.

And for what it's worth, I was a Quebec Nordiques fan when I was little because some of my family is from Quebec City...but when they moved to CO, I followed my fanship (is that a word?).

post #17 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Something clever

Quote:

Most so-called hockey "fans" are a bunch of people who watch the game to see a fight, not true fans like me, probably like you, who have a true understanding of the game and enjoy watching it because it's an American sport that blows the others out of the water.

And for what it's worth, I was a Quebec Nordiques fan when I was little because some of my family is from Quebec City...but when they moved to CO, I followed my fanship (is that a word?).
Well your right I do not watch hockey just for the fights I watch it for the constant action and so forth. I just started watching intensly last year. Im still learning the strategies and everything. I just find it exciting

post #18 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 03:58 PM
duh...duh....duh

What is there to not enjoy about hockey? It is one of the few sports that I enjoy going to see in person too. Good people, good action - hell, the player tend to be better role models then the other sports....and hockey has more fights.

I started watching for the fights, but those are not that great these days. Now, I'll get excited over some cool shooting or swift passing. Hell, I think it's neat even when it is the other team doing it.

My '03 Sold.
post #19 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 04:03 PM

Quote:

well, that's not me. I've been a big hockey fan, probably before you were born. Do remember St.Louis coming into the league. that's when I started watching. When the Stars came, even though I wasn't excited about the way Norm moved them (my family lives in the Minneapolis area), we used to go to about 10 - 15 games a year. Oh and I also played on a couple teams in the Sr league as well.
I still follow, my favorite team, which most people would have given up on years ago (Ottawa). But, I think the lockout BS, and strike the other year were pure BS. Actually, it's not just hockey but most pro sports, that maybe I just got tired of the whining, overpaid crybabies of the sport world which are ruining the sports. I used to live for sports - but no longer. Now I watch a little, read about the players, watch for the ones I know.
my son played, and I got a thrill out of watching him. In fact as I said earlier, I got to where I enjoyed their games a shitload more than any pro games. he played at a high level, and is still a damn good hockey player. Maybe, thelockout just helped me figure out, I was burned out on that stuff, and didn't care enough to worry about it anymore.
I much rather ride my dirtbike, mt bike, and watch MX and SX now.
post #20 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 04:05 PM

i am so geared up! got the beer ice cold for ya baby!

GO STARS! actually, GO HOCKEY ( not to offend the avs fans )! i am just so excited to see some regular season action!
post #21 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 04:23 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
I am still a little upset with the entire NHL after the lockout and putting so many people who barely makes ends meet out of work. They lost my support on that one.
It was not a strike the owners locked the players out. Not to mention more jobs are actually out there at the office level, maintance ect than there were before the lockout, so basically your arguement is null and void.
post #22 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 04:52 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma67cpe's chick
i am so geared up! got the beer ice cold for ya baby!

GO STARS! actually, GO HOCKEY ( not to offend the avs fans )! i am just so excited to see some regular season action!
Ehem...but in case you didn't watch the playoffs last year, the Avs smoked Dallas 4 games to 1. I've still got bragging rights, so no offense to YOU missy.

post #23 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 04:54 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Just glad the season is about to start. Time to order the NHL center ice package.
post #24 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 04:56 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
Just glad the season is about to start. Time to order the NHL center ice package.
Fuck dude. Thanks for reminding me.

post #25 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Ehem...but in case you didn't watch the playoffs last year, the Avs smoked Dallas 4 games to 1. I've still got bragging rights, so no offense to YOU missy.
this is true.

but there is always hope!
post #26 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 05:00 PM
Raiden Wins

Quote:
Dude, don't just bring that up. Bring up pre-lockout. The same thing happened in the 2004 playoffs. Except then it was a Forsbergian dominance.

post #27 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 05:06 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Quote:
Dude, don't just bring that up. Bring up pre-lockout. The same thing happened in the 2004 playoffs. Except then it was a Forsbergian dominance.
LMMFAO. It was sweet revenge for me though. I hated during the "Forsbergian" dominance when we could beat the Red Wings almost annually in the playoffs, but couldn't beat the Stars. I was on VACATION IN HAWAII in 1999 when the Stars beat the Avs in the playoffs. That ruined my goddamn VACATION IN HAWAII.

post #28 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 05:11 PM
Raiden Wins

I was in Padre during the 1999 Stanley Cup finals. It was fantastic. I stayed up way too late watching all the debate about the goal. I don't know if the Stars could ever be that good again.

post #29 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 05:14 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Quote:
I was in Padre during the 1999 Stanley Cup finals. It was fantastic. I stayed up way too late watching all the debate about the goal. I don't know if the Stars could ever be that good again.
Talent wise, they probably won't be that good again, but they will win the cup again. No team will ever be as good again as the 2001 Avs, Red Wings teams of the recent past, and what not. But, I would rather have more spread around talent and a better league over all than a few loaded teams. The last thing I would want for the NHL is for it to turn in the MLB. The young talent in the NHL is more plentiful now than it has ever been IMO.

post #30 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 05:16 PM

Shit! I've been too busy today to catch up on this thread now. Little less than 3 hours to go!!! Lets go Stars!!!!! Lets go hockey!!! And puck you Avs fans!!!
post #31 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 05:19 PM
Raiden Wins

Quote:
Talent wise, they probably won't be that good again, but they will win the cup again. No team will ever be as good again as the 2001 Avs, Red Wings teams of the recent past, and what not. But, I would rather have more spread around talent and a better league over all than a few loaded teams. The last thing I would want for the NHL is for it to turn in the MLB. The young talent in the NHL is more plentiful now than it has ever been IMO.
Yeah don't get me started on the fucking Yankees.

post #32 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 05:19 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Quote:
Shit! I've been too busy today to catch up on this thread now. Little less than 3 hours to go!!! Lets go Stars!!!!! Lets go hockey!!! And puck you Avs fans!!!
Hopefully they have some kind of opening night ceremony at the Pepsi Center and the game doesn't start until 5:15am (my time - 8 hrs ahead of TX). I get off work at 5am and it takes me about 15 minutes to get back to the rec center where the TV is. Hopefully no one is in there watching anything else...they won't be watching it when I get there.

post #33 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 05:20 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Quote:
Yeah don't get me started on the fucking Yankees.
Dude, you and me both. I hate baseball as it is, but Steinbrenner (sp?) and his checkbook piss me right off.

post #34 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 05:50 PM

well regardless, i think it will be a good game.

and the cowboy game on sunday will be pretty good too
post #35 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 05:57 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma67cpe's chick
well regardless, i think it will be a good game.

and the cowboy game on sunday will be pretty good too
So will the Baltimore/Denver MNF game. I'm a complete homer today.

post #36 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 06:00 PM

I just hope Gerber gives Ottawa the goaltending it needed last year. They have the talent, even minus Havlat and Chara, to win the cup.
post #37 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 07:50 PM

Man, this damn OT better not cut into the Stars game!
post #38 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 08:10 PM
Fear the lawn gnome

ill be attending a und game this comming weekend and the tv is on and im out. I never enjoyed hockey much till i went to a game. We have a club team for the school here and i goto as many games as i can. What really hooked me is i can skate perty decent then i picked up a stick and holy shit its like learning how to walk again trying to control that damn little black thing.

What you might call solitude is something i look forward to.
post #39 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 08:45 PM

2-0 avs stars suck the big one
post #40 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
Something clever

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning2001red
2-0 avs stars suck the big one
You said it there is no reason we should have let up 20+ shots in the first.

post #41 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 10:25 PM

2-2 new ball game
post #42 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 10:48 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn

What a freakin period and goal by Darrell Sydor.

post #43 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 11:16 PM
Blessed

He shoots and he scoooooooreeeeeesssss!!!!!!!!! Welcome back Sydor!!!
post #44 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 01:37 AM
Raiden Wins

Haha I guess the game didn't start off too well. I came back and checked my messages and the first one my friend sent me said "the avs just make the stars their bitch."

post #45 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 06:54 AM Thread Starter
Something clever

Quote:
Haha I guess the game didn't start off too well. I came back and checked my messages and the first one my friend sent me said "the avs just make the stars their bitch."
Im glad I stayed up to see that goal it was worth it

post #46 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 07:11 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Im glad I stayed up to see that goal it was worth it
Definitely!....yawn....need...more...coffee...
post #47 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 08:40 AM
D
Sofa Kingdom

I watched it too, cut in to my sleep time, and made me throw a water bottle across the room. How the fuck the Avs let a d-man cherry pick coming out of the bin like that is beyond me. Oh well. Hopefully the Avs can pick it up tonight against the Wild though.

Credit to the Stars for pulling it off in OT.

Question too...with the new rules and all...I can't remember if teams still get the 1 point for going to over time. It seems like they still keep track of over time losses...

post #48 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Something clever

Quote:
I watched it too, cut in to my sleep time, and made me throw a water bottle across the room. How the fuck the Avs let a d-man cherry pick coming out of the bin like that is beyond me. Oh well. Hopefully the Avs can pick it up tonight against the Wild though.

Credit to the Stars for pulling it off in OT.

Question too...with the new rules and all...I can't remember if teams still get the 1 point for going to over time. It seems like they still keep track of over time losses...
Yeah I am very tired today but worth it for me to stay up and watch that But Im pretty sure that you get one point for making it to overtime

post #49 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 09:24 AM

I watched it, but for the 1st two periods, i was more interested in my live draft for another fantasy team that was going on. I didn't see alot of hard hitting. I was very disapointed in that.
post #50 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 09:25 AM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Quote:
I watched it, but for the 1st two periods, i was more interested in my live draft for another fantasy team that was going on. I didn't see alot of hard hitting. I was very disapointed in that.
I saw a couple of hard hits delivered by the Avs...Ossi Vananananan laid someone out on the side of the net.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement