Vanderjagt the biggest sports douche? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Big "foot"

Vanderjagt the biggest sports douche?

From Star-Telegram.com...

Mike Vanderjagt had a reason for missing a 26-yard field-goal try against the Titans:

"I took a mental holiday, really"

"I should never miss, that's what makes me better than most"

Various other quotes...

"I pinch myself every day that I'm even in the NFL. From where I came from in '94 and '95 - not even being able to get into the CFL - to being the most accurate kicker in NFL history is quite a road. If I never play another game in the NFL I've accomplished everything I could from an individual standpoint."

"Thatís why Iím so universally respected around the league.Ē

On how he got his nickname 'Hollywood' from former Argos teammates Marcello Simmons, Adrion Smith and Robert Drummond: "I just think a couple of the guys thought I had the "Hollywood" looks: I had the longer, curly blond hair, blue-eyed, tall...just the typical "Brad Pitt" look I guess, for lack of a better guy.

His "MIKE" Nike swoosh tattoo

Comments about Vanderdouche from former team mates...
http://www.thebrushback.com/Archives...rjagt_full.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Freeney
Mike is really a great kicker, The problem is he doesnít know his place. I donít care how good he is or how much trash he talks on the sidelines, heís still only a kicker. He is not part of the team and he is not one of the guys. Heís a dork. If he wasnít such a great kicker, I wouldíve killed him a long time ago.

Mike likes to think heís a tough, intimidating guy. What a joke that is. How tough can he be? Heís from Canada.

Our tight end, Marcus Pollard, was just about ready to give him a pretty bad beat down, snd so were a few of our offensive lineman. They had just played a hard, physical game and were a little upset that we lost on a missed field goal. So when they heard Mike shooting his mouth off, they went a little nuts. A bunch of us had to get in the way to protect him. But he had no idea. He had his back turned talking to a reporter the whole time. Afterward, he went up to Marcus and said ĎHang in there, dog. Weíll get 'em next time.í Marcus was so mad his face turned red, even though heís a black man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Dungy
I hate the son of a bitch. I hate him, I hate him, I hate him. Iím usually a pretty patient and calm person, but Mike really gets on my nerves. Every time he opens his mouth I fly into a rage. You should see me. Just the other day I got so mad that I slammed my office door shut pretty hard. Of course I immediately enrolled in an anger management course afterwards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Doss
ďI pick the ball up off the ground, and who do I see standing over me? Fucking Vandergagt of all people, he had this goofy look on his face and said ĎGet behind me! Iím knockin some people down!í Well, I started running and Mike made an attempt to block a guy. At least I think he was trying to block him. If I didnít know better, I mightíve thought he was trying to wrap his arms around his waist and blow him. Hell, maybe he was. He is a kicker.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 10:47 AM
Raiden Wins

Yeah we've already discussed alot of his douchery on here. Just watch his video on www.mikevanderjagt.net

Oh and if you're the best, you never miss...not you should never miss. He should learn from my fantasy boy Robbie Gould.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement