Haynesworth stomps Dallas center in face - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
Hustlin'

Haynesworth stomps Dallas center in face

Saw the highlight on the news. Holy shit, never heard of that kind of behavior before in an NFL game. Anyone got a clip of it?

"Jesus has my heart, but Whiskey has my liver" --Jason Boland
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 10:10 PM
Lifer

There would be an ass beating on the field if he were my teammate.

post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 04:37 PM
Mavs Fan For Life!

Haynesworth gets a Five Game suspension for his act. Anybody think that is too low, too high, or just about right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Gifs at Giftube.com

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 04:38 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Too low. He needs to sit out for the rest of the season. That's unacceptable.

I think a fine in the amount of $100,000 is also warranted.

post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 04:38 PM
Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Would like to have seen him sit the rest of the year but thats probably too much. He seems like he actually feels bad about it....

You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 04:43 PM
MFFL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefehbk
Haynesworth gets a Five Game suspension for his act. Anybody think that is too low, too high, or just about right?
That would be just about right if it came with a fine. Since there's no fine, I think it should be at least 8-10 games.

The team also said that it was taking action even if the league didn't...hopefully they'll fine him since the league didn't.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 04:45 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_marc
That would be just about right if it came with a fine. Since there's no fine, I think it should be at least 8-10 games.

The team also said that it was taking action even if the league didn't...hopefully they'll fine him since the league didn't.
Jeff Fischer said that his fine is the 5 games he's missing. How shitty is that?

post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 04:57 PM
Mavs Fan For Life!

well his suspension is Unpaid. he makes roughly 600,000 this year. and 5 games is roughly 1/3 the season. so is fine is about 200,000 dollars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Gifs at Giftube.com
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 05:53 PM
Lifer

5 games isn't enough. I watched that time and again, and it was a viscious attack. No accident here, man. He was out to hurt a man ON THE GROUND WITH NO HELMET! Hell, the NHL pressed charges on a player last year for hitting a guy on the ice...what's the difference? He has kicked a team mate in the chest during practice before, so he is a problem. I say he sits out the year.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefehbk
well his suspension is Unpaid. he makes roughly 600,000 this year. and 5 games is roughly 1/3 the season. so is fine is about 200,000 dollars.
I think this is a good fine. BUT he needs to sit out the rest of the year.

I think either his teammates didn't see it, or were in shock.....and that's why no one did anything. Which sucks.
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 08:07 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
5 games isn't enough. I watched that time and again, and it was a viscious attack. No accident here, man. He was out to hurt a man ON THE GROUND WITH NO HELMET! Hell, the NHL pressed charges on a player last year for hitting a guy on the ice...what's the difference? He has kicked a team mate in the chest during practice before, so he is a problem. I say he sits out the year.
To kind of fix your view on the NHL thing. The NHL did not press charges against Bertuzzi. Steve Moore did, who was the player who was hit from behind and he to my recollection has not recieved anything bc of this.
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 10:46 PM
2-7 and still a fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof
Too low. He needs to sit out for the rest of the season. That's unacceptable.

I think a fine in the amount of $100,000 is also warranted.
I agree he needs to be suspended for the remainder of the season, ESPN reprted that the suspension is going to cost him appox. $500.000.00 ...'H'

Quote:
Originally Posted by centexchick View Post
I fuck, have sex, make love. If I break out the heels and leather...then a fucking it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz View Post
Cupping the bawls always helps with the sensation, Good rule of thumb is to tell the gal to rub the balls any chance/angle she gets.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 12:15 AM
The Stock Vert Club

Okay.. the thing I think that everyone is overlooking is that he kicked him TWICE. All the clips and stories I have seen and heard failed to mention this. He intentionally kicked his helmet off... then he intentionally kicked him in the head/face. Did everyone see that? Why isn't the media showing both things? I think the $500,000 fine if accurate is a pretty fair one. I don't think that a 5 game suspension is enough though. Just wanted to make sure that everyone knew the reason why he didn't have a helmet on is because Haynesworth intentionally kicked it off his head.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 12:22 AM
Raiden Wins

I thought the original video I had showed both the helmet coming off and then the stomp. Now all I see is this little short clip. Maybe I'm just remembering things wrong.

post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 12:27 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by def1eppard
I thought the original video I had showed both the helmet coming off and then the stomp. Now all I see is this little short clip. Maybe I'm just remembering things wrong.
thats what i thought to begin with also. definetely thought about it before doing it. not just a spontaneous event
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 12:44 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFingerPete
There would be an ass beating on the field if he were my teammate.
from the replay, nobody on camera was looking at them. everyone was seeing if it was a touchdown...
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 12:46 AM
The Stock Vert Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by def1eppard
Right, that's what I am saying.. if you watched the game they showed both acts, but I have yet to see a highlight video with both things since the game. Like deff1epard said, it proves that he intended to cause serious harm. I think it would be different if his helmet was off and he just kicked him out of frustration. It is for that reason that I think he should have been suspended for more than 5 games.
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 06:48 AM
Lifer

5 games and 500k is alot, and I think he got what he deserved.
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 06:59 AM
Which one's the clutch?

any links to this?

1987 Nissan pick up-wrecked
1984 Ponitiac grand am-sold
1988 Buick lasabre-sold
1987 Nissan 300zx-sold intake/exhaust
2001 Yamaha r6-sold slip on
2004 Yamaha r1-sold full exhaust
1991 Nissan 240sx-torn down,almost built up.
1994 toyota celica-blown up. exhaust
2005 Honda accord-daily.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 07:10 AM
dead

i agree, 5 games is plenty. its not like the guy is any good.
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 06:34 PM
Raiden Wins

Dallascowboys.com is reporting that there was a part not shown on the video where he stomped on his shoulder too. They don't know if it's really that bad but he could be visiting Dr. Portis Roy for some minor surgery.

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 07:12 PM
Rolling with the homies

I think the attack was brutal and he deserved to be suspended at least half of the remaining season without pay. I think not being fined is fair as long as he is not getting paid for the games he is suspended. From what I'm reading on other online newspapers he has had some trouble in the past. Can anyone go into detail about this?

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 09:15 PM
The Stock Vert Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil jose
I think the attack was brutal and he deserved to be suspended at least half of the remaining season without pay. I think not being fined is fair as long as he is not getting paid for the games he is suspended. From what I'm reading on other online newspapers he has had some trouble in the past. Can anyone go into detail about this?
I heard something about him hurting one of his own player during practice a few years ago. Not sure exactly what they were saying but I do remember it involved a fellow team mate during practice and that the player was unable to practice for a few days.

Did you guys see the stuff about Haynesworth trying to call all day and get ahold of Gurode to apologize? Funny how you didn't hear about him trying this until after the report went out that Gurode is considering civil or criminal action. I think Gurode should get a bently or something out of that!
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Hustlin'

I read that when he was a sophmore in college, he got pissed, left the field, got a pipe, and then came back w/ it to beat someones ass. No shit

"Jesus has my heart, but Whiskey has my liver" --Jason Boland
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 10:55 PM
Time Served

Fuck him ban that bitch for life!!!!!! They did it to Pete Rose just for betting on baseball.

Living and Dying in 3/4 Time
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 10:59 PM
Raiden Wins

Haynesworth played college football in the University of Tennessee. He has a history of issues with his temper. For example, while a sophomore at Tennessee, he fought with a teammate and left practice, returning with a long pole looking for tackle Will Ofenheusle before coach Phillip Fulmer stopped him. He was suspended for a half of a game.

post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 11:36 PM
Lifer

JMHO if Gerode files suit against him then he will be blackballed in the league period. Let the league and team deal with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement