PT, today was just not your teams' day - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

PT, today was just not your teams' day

A&M gets beat 31-27 at home on a last minute TD BOMB and VaTech got ripped by Georgia Tech 38-27.

Again:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 05:13 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn

*subscribing for PT's moral victories*

post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
*subscribing for PT's moral victories*
TT/A&M Game:

"Hey, we were in it till the last minute."

"They only won by 4."

"That really was a pick at the end, we just got screwed on the review like OU."

"We had the ball the longest."

GTech/VaTech Game:

"They only won by 11. We made it close at the end."

"Calvin Johnson is an NFL WR playing college football, it just isn't fair."

"Reggie Ball is just another QB that can't throw but can run and just lobs it up for Johnson to catch."

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 06:48 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

I don't like Texas Tech's quarterback and was pulling for him to lose, but I'm glad he didn't lose, because I was also pulling for A&M to lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 11:57 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
A&M gets beat 31-27 at home on a last minute TD BOMB and VaTech got ripped by Georgia Tech 38-27.

Again:

and this is why everybody bashed you as soon as ut lost.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 09:11 AM
Never settle always excel

Quote:

Again:

We you and I both are on the college pick em's, so if you go look I picked GT over VT this week. Why might you ask? Hookem I am a student of the game and GT has been the spoiler on the east coast for a long time, like back in 1990 when UVA was ranked number 1, GT came in a knocked them off. The biggest difference between you and I is I don't pick a team because I like or dislike them. I use my head when I make my picks so the VT game was of no surprise. I am not to upset about the loss to T-Tech by 4 points heck they were ranked. Your team got owned at home (over rated being ranked #2)by Ohio State 24-7 against a team you all thought you were better than is much worse than 31-27 against a team that has been better than us for a few years. Not really a bed weekend when you think about it.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
We you and I both are on the college pick em's, so if you go look I picked GT over VT this week. Why might you ask? Hookem I am a student of the game and GT has been the spoiler on the east coast for a long time, like back in 1990 when UVA was ranked number 1, GT came in a knocked them off. The biggest difference between you and I is I don't pick a team because I like or dislike them. I use my head when I make my picks so the VT game was of no surprise. I am not to upset about the loss to T-Tech by 4 points heck they were ranked. Your team got owned at home (over rated being ranked #2)by Ohio State 24-7 against a team you all thought you were better than is much worse than 31-27 against a team that has been better than us for a few years. Not really a bed weekend when you think about it.
L-M-A-O!

You didn't pick GT to win you jackass, you just thought they'd get within 10.5 points of VT. Don't tell me you knew GT was going to win straight up because they beat UVA back in 1990

Also, Tech WASN'T ranked. So you lost at home to an UNRANKED TEAM. So yes, your loss at home to an UNRANKED TEAM was alot worse than UT's loss to the #1 team in the nation. Nice moral victory!

"Not really a bed weekend when you think about it" LMAO!

post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 01:33 PM

Quote:
L-M-A-O!

You didn't pick GT to win you jackass, you just thought they'd get within 10.5 points of VT. Don't tell me you knew GT was going to win straight up because they beat UVA back in 1990

Also, Tech WASN'T ranked. So you lost at home to an UNRANKED TEAM. So yes, your loss at home to an UNRANKED TEAM was alot worse than UT's loss to the #1 team in the nation. Nice moral victory!

"Not really a bed weekend when you think about it" LMAO!
I suggest you look at all the polls and yes I did think GT would knock down VT this year. I have watched VT this year and the defense is slower, they do not have a dual threat QB and the running game is not what it has been in recent years. I also watched the GT/ND game and GT was impressive. I think VT will be lucky to not take another loss this fall between Boston and Clemson.

As for my Aggies they'll be lucky to finish the next 7 games 3-4 seeing that we still have UT, NEB, OU and MO all top 25 ranked teams not to mention Kan, OSU and Baylor who has played us well in the last two meetings. So if you look at it we have played 5 top 25 ranked teams out of 12 by seasons end. UT still has the Red River which they should win and Nebraska away which could be a good game if NEB shows up to play.

Week 5 USA Today Poll
1. Ohio State (59) 4-0 1,570
2. USC (2) 3-0 1,489
3. Auburn (2) 4-0 1,441
4. West Virginia 4-0 1,357
5. Florida 4-0 1,294
6. Michigan 4-0 1,239
7. Texas 3-1 1,155
8. Louisville 4-0 1,105
9. Georgia 4-0 1,079
10. LSU 3-1 963
10. Virginia Tech 4-0 963
12. Oregon 3-0 854
13. Iowa 4-0 802
14. Notre Dame 3-1 758
15. TCU 3-0 647
16. Oklahoma 3-1 615
17. Florida State 3-1 509
18. Tennessee 3-1 504
19. Clemson 3-1 477
20. California 3-1 452
21. Nebraska 3-1 289
22. Boise State 4-0 257
23. Rutgers 4-0 124
24. Texas Tech 3-1 81
25. Boston College 3-1 78
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 02:27 PM

I don't see them on the AP poll for some reason. If it really makes you feel better because A&M lost at home to a team that's #24 on one poll and 8th on the "other's receiving votes" section in another, then chalk up another moral victory. It's a good thing A&M scheduled 4 JV teams in non-conference, because without those 4 wins, A&M wouldn't go to a bowl this year.

post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
I don't see them on the AP poll for some reason. If it really makes you feel better because A&M lost at home to a team that's #24 on one poll and 8th on the "other's receiving votes" section in another, then chalk up another moral victory. It's a good thing A&M scheduled 4 JV teams in non-conference, because without those 4 wins, A&M wouldn't go to a bowl this year.
Hey, they are still going to have to get past Baylor in Waco.
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Well speaking of schedules I am not sure how it is that the former National Champions managed to schedule Rice, North Texas and big ole Sam Houston State into their schedule but oh wait. These other smaller teams need to play big teams of NCAA Div 1 status, why? Money, pure and simple UT, T-Tech, OU and A&M share the wealth by playing the smaller teams. You really don't know much about the politics of football do you?
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Well speaking of schedules I am not sure how it is that the former National Champions managed to schedule Rice, North Texas and big ole Sam Houston State into their schedule but oh wait. These other smaller teams need to play big teams of NCAA Div 1 status, why? Money, pure and simple UT, T-Tech, OU and A&M share the wealth by playing the smaller teams. You really don't know much about the politics of football do you?
What you don't seem to understand is that while Rice, North Texas, and Sam Houston State are pretty much patsy teams, they are in-state rivals and are games that help win in-state recruits.

A&M's non-conference schedule against the Citadel, Louisianna-Lafayette, Army, and Louisianna Tech does absolutely nothing for recruiting in-state and doesn't bolster their strength of schedule either.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 03:57 PM

Quote:
What you don't seem to understand is that while Rice, North Texas, and Sam Houston State are pretty much patsy teams, they are in-state rivals and are games that help win in-state recruits.

A&M's non-conference schedule against the Citadel, Louisianna-Lafayette, Army, and Louisianna Tech does absolutely nothing for recruiting in-state and doesn't bolster their strength of schedule either.
A&M plays the likes of Citidel and Army because of the ROTC and military tradition that A&M seems to cling to not that I agree or disagree with it. I also should point out in recent years our early season non conference schedule included such programs as Clemson 2005, Clemson and Utah ranked in 2004, Utah and VT ranked in 2003, Pitt and VT ranked in 2002, see the pattern. We play out of state programs every year.
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
A&M plays the likes of Citidel and Army because of the ROTC and military tradition that A&M seems to cling to not that I agree or disagree with it. I also should point out in recent years our early season non conference schedule included such programs as Clemson 2005, Clemson and Utah ranked in 2004, Utah and VT ranked in 2003, Pitt and VT ranked in 2002, see the pattern. We play out of state programs every year.
Since when did ROTC have anything to do with their football program and its success?

They also lost to Clemson in 2005, Utah in 2004, V-Tech and Pitt in 2003, and V-Tech in 2002.

There isn't anything wrong with playing out of state non-conference opponents, but when they are the likes of what they are playing this year, it looks bad.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Since when did ROTC have anything to do with their football program and its success?

They also lost to Clemson in 2005, Utah in 2004, V-Tech and Pitt in 2003, and V-Tech in 2002.

There isn't anything wrong with playing out of state non-conference opponents, but when they are the likes of what they are playing this year, it looks bad.
Well according to you everything Texas A&M does looks bad. Coming from someone who has never attended UT or A&M I am once again lost as to why you care so much. I am not saying you shouldn't care or need to be a UT grad but I just wonder why? The reason I love the Aggies is I graduated from there but you are just crazy ate up with UT and anything dealing with it. You truly have that stalker type persona going, LOL.
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Well according to you everything Texas A&M does looks bad. Coming from someone who has never attended UT or A&M I am once again lost as to why you care so much. I am not saying you shouldn't care or need to be a UT grad but I just wonder why? The reason I love the Aggies is I graduated from there but you are just crazy ate up with UT and anything dealing with it. You truly have that stalker type persona going, LOL.
Well, when your students are grabbing their nuts on national TV and you are playing crappy teams to try and bolster your ROTC program, you do look bad.

I think its quite funny that when I give you shit about A&M and Va Tech, I am a "stalker," but when you give me shit about whatever, its simply whatever.
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Well, when your students are grabbing their nuts on national TV and you are playing crappy teams to try and bolster your ROTC program, you do look bad.

I think its quite funny that when I give you shit about A&M and Va Tech, I am a "stalker," but when you give me shit about whatever, its simply whatever.
I didn't say you were a stalker I said you had the stalker mentality. Take for instance how up VY's ass you are, I am not up Vicks ass nor was I ever up Nguyen's ass when he played for Dallas. Face it little man you are just some run of the mill, never went to a big school, ignorant to the military mind set, hanging off VY's nuts (who oh by the way left UT), easy to get hyped up and offended, orange and white under roo wearing psycho, who lives eats and breathes UT, what happens when UT drops out of the top 25 one of these days. I guess you'll be the one at the bar huddled in the fetal position in the corner with Bud light stuck up your rectum and your thumb in your mouth.
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
I didn't say you were a stalker I said you had the stalker mentality. Take for instance how up VY's ass you are, I am not up Vicks ass nor was I ever up Nguyen's ass when he played for Dallas. Face it little man you are just some run of the mill, never went to a big school, ignorant to the military mind set, hanging off VY's nuts (who oh by the way left UT), easy to get hyped up and offended, orange and white under roo wearing psycho, who lives eats and breathes UT, what happens when UT drops out of the top 25 one of these days. I guess you'll be the one at the bar huddled in the fetal position in the corner with Bud light stuck up your rectum and your thumb in your mouth.
You are right in saying I have no idea about squeezing my genitals because that is common, general sense not to because it hurts. Maybe A&M might need a class called "Common Sense 101: Why you shouldn't squeeze your nuts."

I happen to like the Horns a whole lot, but you won't see me ever literally cry over a loss. I am definately disappointed, but nothing more.

The problem is, Texas probably won't drop out of the Top 25 during your or my lifetime the way things are going. Unlike Texas A&M who has to rebuild, Texas reloads.
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 08:33 PM

Quote:
You are right in saying I have no idea about squeezing my genitals because that is common, general sense not to because it hurts. Maybe A&M might need a class called "Common Sense 101: Why you shouldn't squeeze your nuts."

I happen to like the Horns a whole lot, but you won't see me ever literally cry over a loss. I am definately disappointed, but nothing more.

The problem is, Texas probably won't drop out of the Top 25 during your or my lifetime the way things are going. Unlike Texas A&M who has to rebuild, Texas reloads.
LOL you really believe UT will the in the top 25 for the next 50 years?
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
LOL you really believe UT will the in the top 25 for the next 50 years?
The way things are going right now, yes.
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 08:46 PM

Quote:
The way things are going right now, yes.
That is an ignorant statement, all it takes is a few NCAA infractions to get probation and put any Div I program in the gutter also when you start stacking the QB and RB position deep you loose other prospects whp don't wish to set on the pine for 3 years. There are so many variables that can take a team down, look at Miami no one expected them to drop out of top 25 this year and they haven't really had any issues. Also I doubt Mack will last another 50 years LOL.
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
That is an ignorant statement, all it takes is a few NCAA infractions to get probation and put any Div I program in the gutter also when you start stacking the QB and RB position deep you loose other prospects whp don't wish to set on the pine for 3 years. There are so many variables that can take a team down, look at Miami no one expected them to drop out of top 25 this year and they haven't really had any issues. Also I doubt Mack will last another 50 years LOL.
1. UT doesn't need to cheat to win like A&M had to.

2. Mack Brown can recruit who he needs no matter who is on Texas.

3. UT isn't Miami, they are UT.
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 09:01 PM

Quote:

You know what is funny we lost to Clemson in 2005 by 1 point,
Utah by 20 in 2004,
VT by 16, Utah by 2 and Pitt by 11 in 2003,
by 10 to VT in 2002.
Combined that is 6 games and a total of 66 points in 4 seasons in 6 games.

Now lets look at UT's losses to OU in the years 2002-2004
let's see 11 points in 2002,
oh my 52 points in 2003
and oh yes 12 point route in 2004.
So add those 3 games up and you lost by a total of 75 points in 3 games. So you take our worst 6 games against those out of state foes and compare these to your 3 games against OU and it doesn't look good on paper does it?
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Utah by 20 in 2004,
by 10 to VT in 2002.

oh my 52 points in 2003
So add those 3 games up and you lost by a total of 75 points in 3 games. So you take our worst 6 games against those out of state foes and compare these to your 3 games against OU and it doesn't look good on paper does it?
Shocking, PT bringing up the distant past. Don't forget to throw in that National Championship. What has A&M done lately? Isn't your savior, Fran, 20-20 in his tenure here? Wow, a multi-million dollar coach with a .500 winning percentage, with most of those wins coming against horrible teams. Whoop!

post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Utah by 20 in 2004,
by 10 to VT in 2002.

oh my 52 points in 2003
Dude, you are comparing non-conference games to conference games and OU to VT, Utah, Clemson, and Pitt. You are getting dumber by the post because none of A&M's non-conference opponents were even close to OU in ranking or talent.

The winner of the UT/OU game for the past 3 years has gone to the BCS National Championship game. That says a whole lot in of itself right there.

How about looking at the scoring differential between Texas and A&M head-to-head for the past 6 years?

Yeah, that would be a whopping +125 points in favor of Texas. Scoreboard.
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 07:59 PM
M0DERAT0R

Quote:
oh my 52 points in 2003
I'm not sure why losses to OU is relevant however A&M lost by a total of 77 points in 1 game in 2003.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Utah by 20 in 2004,
by 10 to VT in 2002.

oh my 52 points in 2003
OU was pretty much one of the best teams in the nation from 2000-2004

Do I like the fact that UT lost? Of course not, but I know when to admit defeat... and I certainly know when to tip my hat to a team that makes it as far as they did those years.

2002 - OU wins Rose Bowl
2003 - OU loses NC game
2004 - OU loses NC game

Would you rather lose 3 games by 75 points to a team that goes all the way to the NC game 2 out of 3 and a nice Rose Bowl in the other or barely lose to VTech, Clemson, Utah, and Pitt which never came close to the BCS much less a NC game any of the years you played them??

A&M actually does do a good job of nonconf sechudling, but to even compare those games to TX/OU is just stupid. The TX/OU winner has owned the big12 for the past 5 years and have 6 BCS appearances including 3 NC game appearances.
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hogg
I'm not sure why losses to OU is relevant however A&M lost by a total of 77 points in 1 game in 2003.
Yeah I was kinda hoping no one would see that LOL. Also why did you dissapear post Ohio State game this year?

Last edited by Pro Trash; 10-04-2006 at 08:02 AM.
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidaustin
OU was pretty much one of the best teams in the nation from 2000-2004

Do I like the fact that UT lost? Of course not, but I know when to admit defeat... and I certainly know when to tip my hat to a team that makes it as far as they did those years.

2002 - OU wins Rose Bowl
2003 - OU loses NC game
2004 - OU loses NC game

Would you rather lose 3 games by 75 points to a team that goes all the way to the NC game 2 out of 3 and a nice Rose Bowl in the other or barely lose to VTech, Clemson, Utah, and Pitt which never came close to the BCS much less a NC game any of the years you played them??

A&M actually does do a good job of nonconf sechudling, but to even compare those games to TX/OU is just stupid. The TX/OU winner has owned the big12 for the past 5 years and have 6 BCS appearances including 3 NC game appearances.
This is true and I do agree I'd rather lose one game by 50 points than 3 games by next to nothing. You miss the point though, I am simply toying with SVT for he will write three paragraphs to my one, it's like tossing a dog a bone, LOL.
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 06:47 PM
M0DERAT0R

Quote:
Yeah I was kinda hoping no one would see that LOL. Also why did you dissapear post Ohio State game this year?
Huh? I posted two weeks ago.

Can you do us a favor and predict OU will beat Texas this weekend?

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement