Texas Tech Vs. Texas A&M...Who ya got! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
Back To Normal

Texas Tech Vs. Texas A&M...Who ya got!

I am extremely surprised that there is not already a thread about this. Unless there is and I just cant find it. I guess no one wants to talk about it....to many people are uncertain of whatís going to happen or have too much passion to talk about it civilly.

Obviously I'm a bit biased. But I will tell you that I am a little worried about this one. A young inexperienced QB walking into a place like Kyle field can be very intimidating. He has yet to prove to me that he has what it takes to lead the offense not to mention himself out of frustrating situations. I hope that proof comes this Saturday. We will see what happens.

Go Tech!

Texan By Birth, Techsan By Choice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 09:41 AM
Never settle always excel

Well it seems to me both teams have not played well this season. I don't feel the game will but won but the one who makes the best plays versus who ever makes the least amount of mistakes will win this game.
post #3 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 10:18 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
Well it seems to me both teams have not played well this season. I don't feel the game will but won but the one who makes the best plays versus who ever makes the least amount of mistakes will win this game.

I agree. It will come down to Harrell throwing picks or the Aggies putting the ball on the ground. Lets just hope there is a little more of the first one.

post #4 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 10:49 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

My Biased pick: Aggies

My unbiased pick: Aggies

That little boy QB tech has is going to piss his pants evertime he looks over to the east side of Kyle. And I'm still convinced Tech's Linebacks can't cover over the middle short passes worth a flip.

TBHO TECH

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #5 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 10:54 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
My Biased pick: Aggies

My unbiased pick: Aggies

That little boy QB tech has is going to piss his pants evertime he looks over to the east side of Kyle. And I'm still convinced Tech's Linebacks can't cover over the middle short passes worth a flip.

TBHO TECH
WHOOP!
post #6 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 10:56 AM
Along for the ride

If A&M can keep from turning over the football and if we can work our passing game I like our chances at home. McGee has looked good throwing the ball so far. If the passing game is on the running game will open up with Lewis/Lane/Goodson. We've got to mix it up with a lot of play action, options and quick handoffs.

The D-line also needs to put a lot of pressure on Harrell like TCU did and our secondary needs to buckle down on receivers and force Tech to run the ball. I think Tech is really missing Taureen Henderson, especially with young Harrell at QB.

We'll see what happens. Can't wait to be there.

Gig 'em. BTHO TTU.

Marcus

'92 Emerald Green Mustang LX Hatch 5.0
post #7 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 10:56 AM
Lifer

come on yall could BARELY beat army..... Tech should and will win!

Wreck'em Tech!
post #8 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 11:02 AM
Ultimate X-phoria

Go Tech!
post #9 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 11:05 AM

BTHO TTU!

89 Coupe
02 GT
post #10 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 11:05 AM
Raiden Wins

I shall pick the Techius Raidius.

post #11 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 11:52 AM
Out

Get yer guns up!!!!!!!!!!!
post #12 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 12:04 PM
-----------------------

This is another classic Leach quote in his weekly press conference in talking about the game with A&M this week.

"How come they get to pretend they are soldiers?" Leach asked in the article. "The thing is, they aren't in the military. I ought to have Mike's Pirate School. The freshmen, all they get is the bandana. When you're a senior, you get the sword and skull and crossbones. For homework, we'll work pirate maneuvers and stuff like that."
post #13 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 12:11 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91rednotch
This is another classic Leach quote in his weekly press conference in talking about the game with A&M this week.

"How come they get to pretend they are soldiers?" Leach asked in the article. "The thing is, they aren't in the military. I ought to have Mike's Pirate School. The freshmen, all they get is the bandana. When you're a senior, you get the sword and skull and crossbones. For homework, we'll work pirate maneuvers and stuff like that."
That guy is an Ass Pirate
post #14 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Back To Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by revoautowerks
That guy is an Ass Pirate
Ok, if you are an Aggie or just a fan of A&M in general. The last thing you should do is talk bad about another teams coach. LOL

post #15 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 12:40 PM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001 GT
Ok, if you are an Aggie or just a fan of A&M in general. The last thing you should do is talk bad about another teams coach. LOL
HAHAHA!
post #16 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 12:43 PM
Lifer

I'm an Aggie and even I can't get behind the football team.

It's been since my freshman or sophomore year ('95-96) that they were worth a shit.

That said, Tech sucks this year too, so I'm leaning towards my Ags for this one. Mostly thinking with my heart and not my head.
post #17 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 12:47 PM
Time Served

Quote:
I wont defend Fran one bit, bash him all you want.
post #18 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 12:50 PM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird
Mostly thinking with my heart and not my head.
Yep
post #19 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 01:08 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird
I'm an Aggie and even I can't get behind the football team.

It's been since my freshman or sophomore year ('95-96) that they were worth a shit.

That said, Tech sucks this year too, so I'm leaning towards my Ags for this one. Mostly thinking with my heart and not my head.

I know, we really sucked in 98 when we won the Big XII.
post #20 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 01:11 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Dude, even Frued would wonder about Leach's Pirate Fascinations. It's just not right. Funny . . . but not right.
post #21 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 01:12 PM
Genetically Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91rednotch

that's actually an old quote.
post #22 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 01:13 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99
that's actually an old quote.
from jack's pub?

post #23 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 01:31 PM
Time Served

both teams have young QB's, Tech ahs a young team, but with Hicks back I think he is leader we need. It will eb tuff but I hope Tech can pull it off. I hope for a good game more than anything. If history repeats it will be a close one...
post #24 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.8 STANG
both teams have young QB's, Tech ahs a young team, but with Hicks back I think he is leader we need. It will eb tuff but I hope Tech can pull it off. I hope for a good game more than anything. If history repeats it will be a close one...
I guess spelling wasn't a big issue at Tech? kidding LOL
post #25 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Back To Normal

I think those are pretty good ideas of what A&M should try to do in the game Marcus and Maston.

I do think that your offensive production will change a little now that A&M is playing a more serious threat. I have been extremely happy with what I have seen out of our defense. Even in the loss to TCU we still didnít not give up the "Big" play. Granted Non-conference play is usually kinda patsy but our "D" has only allowed 5 TD through 4 games. Unfortunately all those TD's came in one game against UTEP.

I also am very happy about the return of Jarrett Hicks. I think his lack play time in the TCU game directly affected the outcome. Harrell had become a VERY predictable passer and TCU's D-Coordinator picked up on it and used it against us. For instance in all the games leading up to last week GH had thrown the ball to our other receivers a total of about 10-13 times. Other then that all the passes (about 85%) were going to either RoJo or Filani. It was really bad how biased he was with the ball and just the general lack of distribution. So TCU covered the hell out of RoJo and Filani and then just when GH started to get frustrated about not making any passes they started slamming the pressure on him to really get him out of his element. Honestly, I give props to TCU for picking up on that fact and exploiting it.

In my opinion each teamís keys for the game are:

A&M Ė Needs to keep McGee alive. I say that kinda joking but truthfully as well. As much as he likes to run the ball I think it is only a matter of time before he gets the snot knocked out of him or even hurt. I donít want to see anyone on any team ever get hurt but someone needs to tell him he is white and no Vince Young (LOL, sorry guys I had to throw that in there for spite). He needs to realize that Techís D has become a lot faster in recent years and they will be able to close on him quicker then the non-conference opponents. Other then that like you said Marcus they need to get the passing game going. Although I think Fran will try to pound Jar Jar down our throat all day long. Which could pay off.

Tech Ė Keep Harrell sane. He has never played in a place like Kyle Field. It is going to freak him out. We need to keep the pressure off him the first half and give him some time to relax and get used to it. If we can do that the passing game will open up eventually. Especially after last week game against our weakest opponent yet, it looked like all Leach taught in practice the week before was distribution. Fran has already publicly stated that he has spoken with TCUís D-coordinator about their win. As long as we can keep A&M guessing I think we will be O.K.

As for both the Dís and special teams

Do not give up the ďBig PlayĒ. I donít think that this is going to be a very high scoring game so an interception/Fumble for a TD, Kickoff/Punt Return for a TD or just the flea flicker that Fran likes to run so much could make the difference between a win or loss in my opinion.

Go Tech!

post #26 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Back To Normal

Quote:

Damn dude, I agree with Pro Trash. At least proof read your statements ONCE. Especially when you are posting on behalf or your college and you know that everyone is going to critique your post.

post #27 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 02:27 PM
Out

Quote:
I guess spelling wasn't a big issue at Tech? kidding LOL
Don't make me break out the quotes, professor. LMGDAO!!!!
post #28 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 02:35 PM
Time Served

I am sorry I did not proof read, I have had a long day, I did not know this was english class. LOL

Anyway, I agree with most of what has been posted so far. Tech needs to take the crowd out of the game early, and not give up the big play. A&M needs to play ball control with running to keep their very suspect D off the field.
post #29 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 02:38 PM
Out

Quote:
I am sorry I did not proof read. I have had a long day. I did not know this was english class. LOL

Anyway, I agree with most of what has been posted so far. Tech needs to take the crowd out of the game early and not give up the big play. A&M needs to play ball control with running to keep their very suspect D off the field.
There ya go.

<---No college
post #30 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 02:38 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Tech needs to take the crowd out of the game early
Riiiiiiggggghhhhtttt. You must be new here.
post #31 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 02:41 PM
Out

Quote:
Exactly... they'll be standing in the bleachers, holding hands, and yelling "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP" all the way to the end of the 4th quarter and down by 35. They're used to it, anyway.
post #32 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 02:43 PM
Time Served

Quote:
I don't think tech will win a shootout on the road. I mean they need to get up early and keep A&M quiet. Sorry for making a simple comment...

Anyway, does anyone know the current spread on the game?
post #33 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 02:44 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
I don't think tech will win a shootout on the road. I mean they need to get up early and keep A&M quiet. Sorry for making a simple comment...

Like I said, are you new here? Have you ever been to a game at A&M? It's NEVER quite in Kyle Field.

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #34 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 02:44 PM
Genetically Blessed

Quote:

aggies favored by 2. actually opened up with tech favored by a point or so.
post #35 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 02:45 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Exactly... they'll be standing in the bleachers, holding hands, and yelling "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP" all the way to the end of the 4th quarter and down by 35. They're used to it, anyway.

LOL, that has been the same old story the last 2 years when A&M played in Lubbock.

Last edited by 5.8 STANG; 09-28-2006 at 02:54 PM.
post #36 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 02:48 PM
Time Served

Quote:
aggies favored by 2. actually opened up with tech favored by a point or so.
I think that is about right, I just hope for a well-played game like the last 2 years there.
post #37 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 04:44 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Like I said, are you new here? Have you ever been to a game at A&M? It's NEVER quite in Kyle Field.

bullshit, last year by the midway point in the 4th it was almost empty. I bet it was quiet then. At least the games i saw on TV it happend.
post #38 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Back To Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
bullshit, last year by the midway point in the 4th it was almost empty. I bet it was quiet then. At least the games i saw on TV it happend.
Uhhhh which game are you talking about....Last year this game was in Lubbock at The Jones.

post #39 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 07:09 PM
Good times

Quote:
They're used to it, anyway.
Heh.
Quote:
It's NEVER quite in Kyle Field.
Ha, A&M sucks too.

I've got a bad feeling A&M will walk away with this one.

Go Tech!

n/a
post #40 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 07:12 PM
Do Work Son!!!!!

A&M by 17

Just another day in paradise.
post #41 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Why don't you just go ahead and move back up north yankee lover
post #42 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 07:33 PM
Genetically Blessed

i think this will be a close one, i'm not sure. i had a chance to take tech +8 and didn't do it. i wouldn't have taken a&m +8 either, this one's always a good one in college station.
post #43 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 10:36 PM
Time Served

Quote:
i think this will be a close one, i'm not sure. i had a chance to take tech +8 and didn't do it. i wouldn't have taken a&m +8 either, this one's always a good one in college station.
True, but in Lubbock this happens...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0ZIKz3AOd4
post #44 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 10:41 PM
Time Served

tech
post #45 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 11:19 PM
Lifer

Ags FTW
post #46 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 11:37 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:
True, but in Lubbock this happens...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0ZIKz3AOd4

LMAO. This link was on that same page: Mike Leach does the weather
post #47 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 06:39 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroked71Bowtie
LMAO. This link was on that same page: Mike Leach does the weather
LOL, yea that is a good one. What a character....
post #48 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 06:47 AM
Out

Quote:
Why don't you just go ahead and move back up north yankee lover
Dems fightin' words, there, partna!
post #49 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 07:18 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
there, partna!
Musburger?

post #50 of 156 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Dems fightin' words, there, partna!
Well if the little pointed shoe and red hair fit, LOL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement