Reggie Bush - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
Never settle always excel

Reggie Bush

I think he really has helped N.O. this season, he may have the greatest impact on any one team of any of the top 10 draftee's from his class. In my opinion he looked like a number 1 draft pcik this evening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 10:29 PM
Raiden Wins

And this thread cannot be discussed without this:

The Houston Texans are so stupid.
post #3 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 10:30 PM
Do Work Son!!!!!

he looked good i wsh he could go ahead and score his first NFL TD

Just another day in paradise.

post #4 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 10:43 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by def1eppard

Five or six years of top shelf draft picks haven't done a DAMNED thing for them. They just suck. And man-o-man I gotta agree with you on the passing up on Bush deal. That was freakin retarded.
post #5 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 11:13 PM
Saint's heart sinner skin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1eater
he looked good i wsh he could go ahead and score his first NFL TD
He hasn't crossed the goal line yet? I didn't get to watch the game tonight, but people are acting like he's doing great, and I did end up seeing the final score, so it appears legit. Maybe he's brought the morale way up and the team actually rose to the next level.
post #6 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 12:27 AM
In the Batter's Box

Quote:

you can say that again........
post #7 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 01:16 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird
Five or six years of top shelf draft picks haven't done a DAMNED thing for them. They just suck. And man-o-man I gotta agree with you on the passing up on Bush deal. That was freakin retarded.
Believe it or not David Carr has the highest passer rating in the NFL right now. And the Houston offense at times has not looked bad at all, but they have no defense or running game.

Bush has def. had a huge impact on NO. He has stepped in and embraced the city and while he has not scored a touchdown he has helped others bc of the defense simply keying on him (the double reverse tonight where Henderson scored tonight for example)
post #8 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 06:11 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Quote:

I bet he'd have played another year at USC if they drafted him. They probably knew it.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #9 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 07:03 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

The only disappointment, thus far, is the lack of touchdowns. However, defenses are keying up on him and freeing up other players. IMO, thats partly the reason Duece is off to a good start.

BTW, IMO the REAL difference maker on this team is Drew Brees. If you draft a Reggie Bush but keep Arron Brooks, you're still gonna suck.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #10 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 08:16 AM
-----------------------

Quote:

Or......Vince Young is still a better pick
post #11 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 08:19 AM
Is it cold in here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91rednotch
LOL at that comment!!!

[email protected] on some 275 60's!
http://media.putfile.com/Neely-tulsa-final-round001
post #12 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 08:25 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91rednotch
VY was perfect for Houston, exactly the player they needed. They could have traded Carr for more picks and might actually win a few games in a couple of years.

The Texans might as well draft baseball players and sell them to the Astros.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #13 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 08:56 AM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP
VY was perfect for Houston, exactly the player they needed. They could have traded Carr for more picks and might actually win a few games in a couple of years.

The Texans might as well draft baseball players and sell them to the Astros.

Bush is helping his team now. You're assuming VY is going to be somebody in the NFL. He could prove to be a bust by never developing. Bush would have been the best choice for Houston, not VY. They have a good QB, why trade a way a good QB for someone who may or may not make it? The QB position is probably the hardest to fill. They already have it filled.
post #14 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod66stang
He hasn't crossed the goal line yet? I didn't get to watch the game tonight, but people are acting like he's doing great, and I did end up seeing the final score, so it appears legit. Maybe he's brought the morale way up and the team actually rose to the next level.
Beavis pointed it out, it's the threat he brings to the table that makes him an impact player. TD's aside his team is 3-0 and he has lot's of time on the field compared to his counter parts from this draft class. He instantly brought something to N.O. by forcing defenses to counter his offense, no matter how minor they have to cover him. TD's or not N.O. has benefited from him, Brees and others. They have 45 new faces on the Saints sidelines this year so I am sure that has something to do with it also. I would say last night the Def. and Spec Teams from N.O. showed up big. I think they have a whole team concept going that is hard to beat.
post #15 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 09:41 AM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Reggie Bush's legs move real fast when he runs.

post #16 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 10:21 AM
Raiden Wins

Yeah I think Reggie Bush was the only real choice for the Texans. Sure, the Vince story would have been great, but David Carr is actually good. It's kinda shocking to think about what kinda numbers he could put up if he had some good protection. I know a bunch of people that say "Well Houston had no idea Domanick Davis was gonna be out for the season."

That's not really the point, they could have platooned Bush with Davis just like the Saints are doing. Oh and like Beavis said, I think Brees has been the key component to turning the team around.

Otherwise you'd be seeing alot more of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS4Gs5USLtg

post #17 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 10:34 AM
Time Served

I agree, Texans should have drafted Bush. Even if he didnt touch the ball very much in a game he is still an impact player. take for example last nite. everytime he was on the field the defense cued in on him. like on the reverse that scored, all the linebackers went after Bush. hes a decoy for now, but he will have his day and when he does watch out defenses.
post #18 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 03:30 PM
too many projects!

Location: you cant drink all day if you don't start in the morning
woo hoo!! Saints, put some money on them fools last night!

PHUKET
A coward dies a thousand deaths
A soldier dies but once.
post #19 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 05:14 PM
Fear the Stashe

I've watched 2 regular season games of the Saints this season & Reggie has already made an impact w/out even having the big numbers...

Just watch a game before judging him in the stat book & some of you will understand..

Carr isnt even a Bad QB, just his O-Line sucks horribly & they are tryin to patch it up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
post #20 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 05:41 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

3 total games, 2 against crappy teams, 0 TD's. AWESOME!
post #21 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 05:43 PM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
someone needs a hug

Quote:
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
post #22 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 05:44 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:

Jealousy is a stinky cologne...
post #23 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 05:44 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky
someone needs a hug

It's killing him that Bush has jumped right in and made a difference. While his boy VY is on the sidelines.
post #24 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 05:46 PM

Quote:

Please... that guy has been the first rookie in a LONG time to have such an immediate impact.

By the third game of the year defenses are allready zoning him specifically and it's totally opening up the offense for NO.

To say he hasn't made any impact and criticize his output soley based on the stat sheet is just being ignorant.
post #25 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
It's killing him that Bush has jumped right in and made a difference. While his boy VY is on the sidelines.

two totally differnet positions and learning curves.

QB's will always have the longer road to being an impact player.
post #26 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 05:48 PM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidaustin
By the third game of the year defenses are allready zoning him specifically and it's totally opening up the offense for NO.
SVT doesnt get it..He hasnt actually watched a game or Two of New Orleans..

Quote:
post #27 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 05:51 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Quote:
How many turn overs does Bush have in the regular season? Because I'm 100% positive that VY was 3/4 with a PICK in his first NFL regular season action.

post #28 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 06:01 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
SVT doesnt get it..He hasnt actually watched a game or Two of New Orleans..
I watched last nights game and wasn't impressed.

Honestly, it didn't matter what Atlanta did last night because they weren't going to win that game.

I think the Bush lovers can talk once he actually scores a TD and plays against a top ranked 'D' and puts up some #'s against them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90StangLX5.0
How many turn overs does Bush have in the regular season? Because I'm 100% positive that VY was 3/4 with a PICK in his first NFL regular season action.
Its alot harder to jump in the middle of a game and go than it is to start the game, especially for a QB.
post #29 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 06:02 PM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:

I think the Bush lovers can talk once he actually scores a TD and plays against a top ranked 'D' and puts up some #'s against them.
your right, 3 weeks into the season and we've already seperated who has the top D's and who Dont

Quote:
post #30 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 06:03 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
your right, 3 weeks into the season and we've already seperated who has the top D's and who Dont
I think we can all figure out that Baltimore, Chicago, and Jacksonville are the top 3 in defense. Dallas is definately up there in the top 5 to 10.
post #31 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 06:04 PM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
I think we can all figure out that Baltimore, Chicago, and Jacksonville are the top 3 in defense. Dallas is definately up there in the top 5 to 10.
uh huh

Quote:
post #32 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 06:07 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Quote:
Denver is number 4.

post #33 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 06:08 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
uh huh
You can "uh huh" all you want. The fact is he hasn't done shit but rack up some somewhat decent yardage. TD's are what makes the yardage worth anything.
post #34 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 06:09 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Denver is number 4.
They sure did a pretty good number on Tom Brady the other night.
post #35 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 06:16 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Quote:
They sure did a pretty good number on Tom Brady the other night.
You expected otherwise? The only time Denver has lost to NE since Brady has been QB was the time Danny Kannell started. Denver has their number...

And the Cowboy's are closer to 10 than they are 5.

post #36 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 06:19 PM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
You can "uh huh" all you want. The fact is he hasn't done shit but rack up some somewhat decent yardage. TD's are what makes the yardage worth anything.
ok so i guess we have to wait till he scores a TD against a Top 10 D or it doesnt count...So i guess Week 8 till it matters

Quote:
post #37 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 07:44 PM
Lifer

Quote:

Honestly, it didn't matter what Atlanta did last night because they weren't going to win that game.

Seriously you need to take off your burnt orange blinders for a minute and watch. To say he has not made a big impact on the NO offense is flat out wrong.
post #38 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

Its alot harder to jump in the middle of a game and go than it is to start the game, especially for a QB.
Well seeing that even the annoucers mentioned Bush as an impact player I think he is doing well. I am not sure what you think but for anyone at that level to make any impact is significant. Bush is not a QB and is not being compared to a QB, face it, you need to put down that big ole bottle of hate-O-rade and give him some respect, unless you think you could better? You really do need to go see your momma and get a hug or two, I think this is to much for you right now
post #39 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 12:10 AM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
he could score 5 td's rush for 300 yards throw for another 200 return a punt for a td and kicked all the extra points against any of the D's and you would find fault with him. or say well he didn't rush for 450 yards or didn't return 2 punts for td. admit it he is the best player out of the draft and you are wrong about him. btw I heard that vy might make his 1st start so be ready.
post #40 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 04:56 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
he could score 5 td's rush for 300 yards throw for another 200 return a punt for a td and kicked all the extra points against any of the D's and you would find fault with him. or say well he didn't rush for 450 yards or didn't return 2 punts for td. admit it he is the best player out of the draft and you are wrong about him. btw I heard that vy might make his 1st start so be ready.
I forgot, the NFL has now started giving out points for yardage ala Fantasy Football style. TD's are the single most important thing and he hasn't scored even 1 and they are coming up on the first 1/4 of the season.

Bush had at least 2-3 chances to score on the goaline against Atlanta and got stuffed each time.

I doubt VY starts against the Cowboys this week. Again, I don't think he starts until the game against the Texas like Bud Adams said.
post #41 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 05:33 PM

Quote:
I forgot, the NFL has now started giving out points for yardage ala Fantasy Football style. TD's are the single most important thing and he hasn't scored even 1 and they are coming up on the first 1/4 of the season.

Bush had at least 2-3 chances to score on the goaline against Atlanta and got stuffed each time.

I doubt VY starts against the Cowboys this week. Again, I don't think he starts until the game against the Texas like Bud Adams said.
The guy has been playing in the NFL for 3 games and he's not even the #1 back.

Seriously... step off the high horse. The guy is a playmaker and his ability has caused defenses to zone directly on him opening up the field for thier other players that have definately stepped it up a few notches.

His ability and impact has gone MUCH further than most expected. His TD output isn't even supposed to be high if any... again, he's not even their feature RB/WR. Impact doesn't have to = TD's. In a year or so.. yeah sure, he'll need to the goal more... but for now he's putting his team in positions to win. How many rookies can you name over the past few years that have done that this early in the season.
post #42 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 05:38 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. At least Bush hasn't coughed the ball up...VY threw a beaut of a pick though.

post #43 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 06:56 PM
Fear the Stashe

If you dont score a TD, you suck - thats the spirit of SVT has spread around this website.

Quote:
post #44 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 07:02 PM
Raiden Wins

What if he rushed all the way to the 1 yard line then ran out of bounds. Then Brees threw a TD pass the next play.

post #45 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 07:06 PM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
What if he rushed all the way to the 1 yard line then ran out of bounds. Then Brees threw a TD pass the next play.
it wouldnt matter if he helped
New Oreans to a 16-0 Record
1000 yards rushing
600 yards receiving
only TD was against San Fran...

SVT would say he's STILL overrated....because its not against a TOP D.

Quote:
post #46 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 02:07 AM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidaustin
The guy has been playing in the NFL for 3 games and he's not even the #1 back.

Seriously... step off the high horse. The guy is a playmaker and his ability has caused defenses to zone directly on him opening up the field for thier other players that have definately stepped it up a few notches.

His ability and impact has gone MUCH further than most expected. His TD output isn't even supposed to be high if any... again, he's not even their feature RB/WR. Impact doesn't have to = TD's. In a year or so.. yeah sure, he'll need to the goal more... but for now he's putting his team in positions to win. How many rookies can you name over the past few years that have done that this early in the season.
his hate for bush is more than any person hate for anybody else playing even if you combined all the hate people on here have toward a player or two, wouldn't even come close to the hate nate has for bush
post #47 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 08:56 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
his hate for bush is more than any person hate for anybody else playing even if you combined all the hate people on here have toward a player or two, wouldn't even come close to the hate nate has for bush
Chris, how am I hating? I'm merely stating the fact that he hasn't done jack shit in the NFL to date. He didn't even score a TD in pre-season. Eveyone wants to ride his nuts and say he's the next Gale Sayers, but he's got to put the ball in the end-zone before anyone can start talking like that. Hell, VY is already up 2-0 on him in TD's this year, 1 in pre-season and 1 in the regular season, and VY hasn't had anywhere near the P/T Bush has.
post #48 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 09:30 AM
D
Sofa Kingdom

VY threw a pick.

Oh, and did I mention he is gonna end up like Akili Smith?

post #49 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 10:42 AM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
VY threw a pick.

nope he has a TD, that qualifys him for Future Hall Of Fame Material

Quote:
post #50 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 11:50 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
VY threw a pick.

And? Even Peyton Manning throws picks.

The fact is, Bush hasn't even scored a point in the NFL yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement