DFWStangs Fantasy League - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

DFWStangs Fantasy League

I'm noticing alot of people are forgetting to update their fantasy teams.

The Bye's are starting, so be sure you've updated.

Just a reminder.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 04:12 PM
Raiden Wins

I hate leagues where people slack off. You guys could have had me in your lineup!
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by def1eppard
I hate leagues where people slack off. You guys could have had me in your lineup!
Yeah, there are quite a few on there. I think there's one that joined, and hasn't even done a thing from the start.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 04:27 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

One of the reasons i'm not doing a hockey league this year. Same story every year, 8 people in a league, with 2, maybe 3 of us actually checking our lineups all season. I don't understand the point in signing up if you aren't going to actually put any time in it.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 05:26 PM
Mavs Fan For Life!

I usually check my teams and leagues every couple of days. just to see if somebody dropped a player that i might want or need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Gifs at Giftube.com
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 05:27 PM
Mavs Fan For Life!

How about this situation I am in right now.

I have the Cowboys and Chargers as my Defense teams on a couple of my Fantasy teams. BOTH teams are on a bye week. I dont know if I should drop one of them to pick up another team for one week and hope the team I drop is still there next week or what.

Quote:

Gifs at Giftube.com
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 05:33 PM
Raiden Wins

Yeah my hockey league last year had 8 players and 3 of us were active. Now if you're stuck in a position late in the season and there is no way you can gain any ground, I think it's ok...but not total abandonment. It's so frustrating when you want to work out a trade and the only have 2 people who regularly check the league.

For example, my baseball league I'm stuck in solid 4th place with no chance to move up any spots. I still occasionally check it to put my pitchers in the lineup, but I'm not as active trying to pick up players because I can't gain any ground.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 05:42 PM
Mavs Fan For Life!

DAMN...I was checking one of my league teams just now. and somebody put Jason Witten on waivers. I guess because he is on a bye week they let him go or something. so needless to say I will claim him because my other TE's suck donkeys.

Quote:

Gifs at Giftube.com
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefehbk
How about this situation I am in right now.

I have the Cowboys and Chargers as my Defense teams on a couple of my Fantasy teams. BOTH teams are on a bye week. I dont know if I should drop one of them to pick up another team for one week and hope the team I drop is still there next week or what.
Look at the future schedule for each.

Drop the one that has the hardest road ahead in the short term.

Remember that you are in the same position as everyone in your league. The fact that you have both of your DEF on byes this early actually gives you the advantage to pick up better DEF later in the season when other players in your league are having to drop a D for a better player/position fill.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 06:01 PM
Raiden Wins

IMO, it is not worth it to hold on to more than 1 defense at a time. Especially if it is San Diego and Dallas. Now if you had Chicago and needed a replacement for their BYE it'd be alright, but then drop that replacement as soon as Chicago was back playing.

EDIT: I think I read your post wrong. I guess you are saying that you are in 2 fantasy leagues.

In 1 fantasy league your DEF is Dallas. In the other league your DEF is San Diego. Correct? If so, I think it's a certain bet that people will go after those when they are dropped.
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 07:47 PM
Lifer

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
One of the reasons i'm not doing a hockey league this year. Same story every year, 8 people in a league, with 2, maybe 3 of us actually checking our lineups all season. I don't understand the point in signing up if you aren't going to actually put any time in it.
Yeah and you ended up taking it all in the end asshole.
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

I only do Football now because Hockey, Baseball, and Basketball litterally have to be kept up everyday.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 08:36 PM
Raiden Wins

The simplicity of baseball makes it fun for me. 1 point for 1B, 2 for 2B, 3 for 3B, 4 for home run. You just have to check every few days to update your starting pitchers for the next few days. Hockey bugs the shit out of me because there isn't a "Probable starters" list for goalies. So you have a goalie starting who is getting the night off, and your other goalie on the bench gets a win.
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 08:39 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn

I'm not a big fan of this DFWStangs league. Benches are way too fucking big so with so many teams, there's not shit for free agents. You should have 2 bench spots max so you have to gamble on bye weeks.

post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
I'm not a big fan of this DFWStangs league. Benches are way too fucking big so with so many teams, there's not shit for free agents. You should have 2 bench spots max so you have to gamble on bye weeks.
2 bench spots per what??

Most leagues have room for 1 reserve at every starting position. The point isn't to have to gamble on bye weeks IMO... it's to always field the best combination of starters out of your team.

The problem is that there are 16 teams. 16 in a 1/3/2/1/1/1 (QB/WR/RB/TE/K/DEF) just stretches the player pool too thin.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidaustin
2 bench spots per what??

Most leagues have room for 1 reserve at every starting position. The point isn't to have to gamble on bye weeks IMO... it's to always field the best combination of starters out of your team.

The problem is that there are 16 teams. 16 in a 1/3/2/1/1/1 (QB/WR/RB/TE/K/DEF) just stretches the player pool too thin.
2 bench spots PERIOD. If you're an idiot and draft 4 guys w/ the same bye week, too bad. Too many bench spots makes the league so boring in my opinion. In one of my other leagues we have 2 bench spots total. That means on a bye week, we either bench the player or if he's not worth the roster space, drop him. There are always plenty choice free agents because people can't keep an extra 8 guys on the wood.

Take a look at the free agent list in our league and tell me how good these settings are.

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 11:40 PM
Lifer

free agency sucks in the league no one is out there

Cowboys to the Super Bowl!!!!!
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 01:41 AM

Quote:
2 bench spots PERIOD. If you're an idiot and draft 4 guys w/ the same bye week, too bad. Too many bench spots makes the league so boring in my opinion. In one of my other leagues we have 2 bench spots total. That means on a bye week, we either bench the player or if he's not worth the roster space, drop him. There are always plenty choice free agents because people can't keep an extra 8 guys on the wood.

Take a look at the free agent list in our league and tell me how good these settings are.
and IMO that takes out the whole strategic element of when to start and sit players. You would essentially be choosing either the same players for every week or your team would probably look nothing like you started with in the draft (not neccesarily by choice based on how well you are doing points wise)

If you have your #1 QB or RB going up against the best DEF in the league, maybe he's not the best start that week. Doesn't mean you should have to drop him off your whole team or completely change around your reserves cause he has a tough matchup for a given week.

There are many different views and ideas on the ideal league, and that's cool. That's why every league gets to pick its own rules. I for one choose to play in leagues that offer an equal bench system so you not only play the bye week shuffle, but also truely strategize your weekly matchups.

If there were only 10 teams in our league there would be a 40% greater player pool to choose from. You wouldn't have to fish for a backup RB or a one week wonder WR.
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 06:15 AM
Old School

My experience? You're gonna get that with a free league. Put some money on the table, even just a little and you wont have deadbeats.

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAXX
My experience? You're gonna get that with a free league. Put some money on the table, even just a little and you wont have deadbeats.

Agree. I have 3 paid leagues this year. Much more interaction... obviously cause there's actually something on the line.
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 10:23 AM
Very Interesting

it's a 16 team league people. That's the point. It should be very tight when it comes to leftover players, etc...

It makes it more strategic, in the aspect of releasing mediocre players, in lieu of not having a backup for your bye week.

You think the NFL thinks the same thing? Man there aren't enough players in the league? Or there isn't enough real talent out there. 16 teams is more of a risk takers league.

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Matt
it's a 16 team league people. That's the point. It should be very tight when it comes to leftover players, etc...

It makes it more strategic, in the aspect of releasing mediocre players, in lieu of not having a backup for your bye week.

You think the NFL thinks the same thing? Man there aren't enough players in the league? Or there isn't enough real talent out there. 16 teams is more of a risk takers league.
Even though i still think 16 is too many, I'm sure it would be a bit differnent if we actually had full interaction from all players.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Matt

So if your best RB gets hurt, you're completely satisfied with Ron Dayne as his replacement? It's retarded. Group that with the fact that everyone refuses to make trades, and you're basically stuck with the team you drafted for the whole year.

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 03:28 PM
Mavs Fan For Life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by def1eppard
IMO, it is not worth it to hold on to more than 1 defense at a time. Especially if it is San Diego and Dallas. Now if you had Chicago and needed a replacement for their BYE it'd be alright, but then drop that replacement as soon as Chicago was back playing.

EDIT: I think I read your post wrong. I guess you are saying that you are in 2 fantasy leagues.

In 1 fantasy league your DEF is Dallas. In the other league your DEF is San Diego. Correct? If so, I think it's a certain bet that people will go after those when they are dropped.
I have 4 ESPN teams plus the DFWStangs league. I have Dallas and San Diego on two of my ESPN teams. San Diego has more points than Dallas right now, but I guess being the home team I am hoping Dallas turns it up as the year progress.

Quote:

Gifs at Giftube.com
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006, 09:31 AM
Very Interesting

Quote:
So if your best RB gets hurt, you're completely satisfied with Ron Dayne as his replacement? It's retarded. Group that with the fact that everyone refuses to make trades, and you're basically stuck with the team you drafted for the whole year.
Isn't that how it works i the NFL?

Let's say Julius Jones gets hurt, are they completely happy with Marion Barber as their backup? I think they are.

Besides if your RB gets hurt, you have enough bench spots to bench him, and pickup his replacement, or another, right?

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
Sponsored Links
Advertisement