young debut - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
young debut

he looked good on his 1st 3 throws all short curls or hooks then throws deep and INT. not even close to the wr.

bush is looking good right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

ok he gets one series and is done?????

I am hoping, and venom is gonna love this one, VY does well in the nfl, but I just don't see it. but what does it say about VY though if collins is with the team for 2 wks and is starting and vy has been there since day 1 of camp?
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 12:18 PM
CEO of......

i thought collins started?

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
i thought collins started?
he did, but young made his debut for 1 series then he is out after the INT.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 12:23 PM
CEO of......

It says that Collins has been in the league a WHOLE lot longer than VY, that's what it says.

And if he would've just aired that ball out it might have been out of reach but it wouldn't have gotten intercepted. good job.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 12:50 PM
Raiden Wins

The Titans are dumb as shit. They should realize that Kerry Collins is a loser and give Young as much experience as he can get. So far Collins is 5/14 for 62 yards with 2 INT's. Young is 3/4 for 27 yards with 1 INT.

post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 12:53 PM

Sorry, but VY doesn't need to be on the field this early.

You just aren't ready... period.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 01:03 PM
Raiden Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidaustin
Sorry, but VY doesn't need to be on the field this early.

You just aren't ready... period.
Umm...he's gonna have to get some playing time eventually, might as well start now. He's not just gonna sit on the sidelines and then after 2 years be good. Or play Volek cause Collins looks like trash.

post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 01:15 PM

The QB is the absolute hardest postion to make the transition from college to pros. It's also the one position that is a based almost soley on personal confidence (other than a kicker). In an optimal situation he would be on the sidelines for the first year playing only in garbage time.

I think Phillip Rivers would have gone the way of David Carr if he had to start right out the gate. Instead he was able to learn and build confidence under a vet QB. Now he's looking to step right in with all the proper tools and knowledge under his belt.

just my personal take on how the QB should be brought up in the pros.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 01:34 PM
Saint's heart sinner skin

Yeah, but Vince was actually looking good. He stayed in the pocket and made passes even when he knew he was going to get hit. He just made ONE poor throw. Collins isn't looking too damn good, neither is Bennett. Dude is dropping balls left and right.
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod66stang
Yeah, but Vince was actually looking good. He stayed in the pocket and made passes even when he knew he was going to get hit. He just made ONE poor throw. Collins isn't looking too damn good, neither is Bennett. Dude is dropping balls left and right.
the throws were good but at the same time they were all curls and hooks, so any college qb can make those throws. it is the long throw that makes or breaks you.
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 09:41 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

I didn't get to see any of this game either, but VY definately should have gotten more than 1 series with the way Collins played today. The Titans need to figure out what they are going to do with Volek ASAP so they can get the QB situation ironed out. I say at a minimum they need to have VY come in every third series.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 10:17 PM
Never settle always excel

LOL, you guys are so pathetic, QB is the hardest position to play/coach no matter what level you are at. I'd say if some of you ever got a chance to coach you'd have very few W's in the win column. I have coached Jr. High, J.V. and Varsity as a Head Coach, QB coach, O-Line coach and Offensive Coord., I can honestly say VY will get better as he learns the position and today he did great given the prep time he has had and the stress of said position.
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 10:19 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
LOL, you guys are so pathetic, QB is the hardest position to play/coach no matter what level you are at. I'd say if some of you ever got a chance to coach you'd have very few W's in the win column. I have coached Jr. High, J.V. and Varsity as a Head Coach, QB coach, O-Line coach and Offensive Coord., I can honestly say VY will get better as he learns the position and today he did great given the prep time he has had and the stress of said position.

the ALL MIGHTY has spoken!!!
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 10:21 PM
Ide fuck her in the ass..

texas sure did miss young today...

WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
the ALL MIGHTY has spoken!!!

Hey that sounds great maybe I should change m screenname to PT ALL MIGHTY!
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
the throws were good but at the same time they were all curls and hooks, so any college qb can make those throws. it is the long throw that makes or breaks you.
No argument here. I just thought he should have gotten another chance since Collins threw 2 INTs and stayed in the game.
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 10:44 PM

Quote:
No argument here. I just thought he should have gotten another chance since Collins threw 2 INTs and stayed in the game.
Well I think given the fact Collins has been an NFL QB his confidence isn't going to change much given a few INT's. VY on the other hand needs to be managed and systematically brought in and build his confidence in steps, not thrown to the wolves.
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 11:21 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
Well I think given the fact Collins has been an NFL QB his confidence isn't going to change much given a few INT's. VY on the other hand needs to be managed and systematically brought in and build his confidence in steps, not thrown to the wolves.
I agree with not tossing him straight in there in these first few weeks, but he definately is going to need more than one series a game if they are going to start him mid-to-late season.

Again, I think every third series would be the best thing to do right now.
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 01:04 AM

I'm not sure if they're grooming him to start later this year now that they've acquired Collins, but even if they aren't, he still needs more playing time, IMO. I mean, if Collins isn't producing, or goes down, you've got a back-up guy who was supplanted by a rookie with an awkward throwing motion and an old vet, or the aforementioned rookie to choose from. That'll be what the coaches face, and with little-to-no practice, Vince probably won't stand a chance and they'll end up putting Volek in, which won't be good, either. Just my .02 from looking at all the angles.

Volek has had practice and NFL experience, so if he goes in, his playing level is already determined. Vince, on the other hand, will (hopefully) only get better with every snap/series he plays.
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
The Decent Guy

Quote:
I agree I only started watching the game when on the redzone channel they showed his first snap so I switched to that game and watched his 1st and only series then he didn't show up again so I watched 4 other games instead. but they should have just said forget it and put him in to see what he can do and how he handles the pressure.

but on a side note he got hit twice really hard they might gotten scared he was going to get hurt.
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 11:23 AM
AHMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
I agree with not tossing him straight in there in these first few weeks, but he definately is going to need more than one series a game if they are going to start him mid-to-late season.

Again, I think every third series would be the best thing to do right now.
Yes because changing a qb every three series would not disrupt any kind of chemistry and timing the offense has. This isn't the peewee leagues.
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 11:26 AM
Raiden Wins

ESPN "experts" didn't like this move at all. According to Merrill Hoge, Vince had the same problem he had in college, he couldn't throw the deep ball. Ohhh ESPN, you so crazy.

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 12:28 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
Yes because changing a qb every three series would not disrupt any kind of chemistry and timing the offense has. This isn't the peewee leagues.
They don't have any chemistry with Collins as it is and he's not going to be a long time starter anyway.
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 12:40 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
They don't have any chemistry with Collins as it is and he's not going to be a long time starter anyway.
So rotatin starters is the answer? Why are you not a big time coaching man?
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 12:42 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
So rotatin starters is the answer? Why are you not a big time coaching man?
At this point, yes it is the solution. VY knows the offense better and has had more time in practice with the players. Collins is nothing more than a 4 to 5 game band-aid.

With Trent Green going down this past Sunday, you might see Volek moved pretty soon.
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 01:31 PM
Fear the Stashe

Eventually VY will be the starter, no need to rush him onto the field..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 01:51 PM
Do Work Son!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky
Eventually VY will be the starter, no need to rush him onto the field..
i give him 2 to 3 seasons to be a premier starter in the league

Just another day in paradise.
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 02:08 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
At this point, yes it is the solution. VY knows the offense better and has had more time in practice with the players. Collins is nothing more than a 4 to 5 game band-aid.

With Trent Green going down this past Sunday, you might see Volek moved pretty soon.
I honestly don't think it is the answer. That's just throwing in the white flag way to early in the season. granted they may suck this year but you can't go ahead and be like hey season ticket holders...we are just going to not even try this year.
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 02:11 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
I honestly don't think it is the answer. That's just throwing in the white flag way to early in the season. granted they may suck this year but you can't go ahead and be like hey season ticket holders...we are just going to not even try this year.
They threw in the white flag when they got rid of Steve McNair.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement