Canucks trade Bertuzzi on eve of NHL Draft - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Canucks trade Bertuzzi on eve of NHL Draft

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

They traded Todd Bertuzzi for Roberto Luongo and other misc. players were involved in the 5 player deal.

Pretty big trade there, but I understand why Vancouver would want to unload Bertuzzi and his baggage after his whole on-ice assault deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 03:19 AM
I'm going Commando

Fuckin' huge deal made here. Of course it does alter some plans the Stars had involving Luongo and Turco. Nice trade on both sides. I'm glad the Panthers didnt involve any of their young forward talent.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 06:51 AM
Bitter Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanB
Fuckin' huge deal made here. Of course it does alter some plans the Stars had involving Luongo and Turco. Nice trade on both sides. I'm glad the Panthers didnt involve any of their young forward talent.
What Turco plans? I'm out of the loop, fill me in.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 09:34 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario
What Turco plans? I'm out of the loop, fill me in.
x2.

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 10:00 AM
Time Served

The Turco plans should include trading for a playoff goalie. He had a good regular season even though his wins were inflated by the shootouts (i like the shootouts), but he has never been consistant enough for the playoffs and I don't know if he ever will be.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 12:45 PM
I'm going Commando

The Stars are contemplating trading Turco for a different goalie. Turco's new 4 year $22.8M contract begins July 1. That is also when his no trade clause kicks in. The Stars are listening for offers for him. There is an article in today's Dallas Morning News that talks about other Trade Day options. But Luongo was on the Stars RADAR for the last couple weeks. I personally think that it wouls have taken Turco and someone like Guerin to pick up Luongo and co. from Florida. Were the Stars willing to take that PR nightmare? No, thus they were outbid by Vancouver.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 01:04 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

The Stars will not trade Turco. That's all rumor mill BS (just like the rumors of Sakic wanting to play for Calgary and Blake wanting to sign with LA...neither happened and Blake is going to resign with the Avs). IF they did try and dish him off, they might as well dish off their entire D minus Zubov.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 02:09 PM
I'm going Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90StangLX5.0
The Stars will not trade Turco. That's all rumor mill BS (just like the rumors of Sakic wanting to play for Calgary and Blake wanting to sign with LA...neither happened and Blake is going to resign with the Avs). IF they did try and dish him off, they might as well dish off their entire D minus Zubov.
Wow Kuwait must get Dallas news faster than we do. IF the Stars do anything with Turco, it will be tonight. The Stars will decide what to do about possibly buying out Guerin in the next week as well.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 10:48 PM
Time Served

Thats news to me, good for Vancouver in getting an excellent goalie.

In other news that I heard, Pronger wants out of Edmonton. He's askin for a trade. Peca will be gone too, I can see that. THey were also talking about Samsonov goin away too... I dont know what to think

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 11:39 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowgt02
Thats news to me, good for Vancouver in getting an excellent goalie.

In other news that I heard, Pronger wants out of Edmonton. He's askin for a trade. Peca will be gone too, I can see that. THey were also talking about Samsonov goin away too... I dont know what to think
We'll see what comes of things in the next few months.

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 10:16 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Looks as if the Oilers have just signed Dwayne Roloson and Fernando Pisani.

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 12:37 PM
I'm going Commando

It's only a rumor that Blake wants to go back to LA huh?. Samsonov's game is better in the East and I'm sure he'll go back. Peca would look good on the Stars second line...

Teams are really overpaying for free-agents right now, I'm glad the Stars aren't spending Tom Hicks money like the Rangers do .
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 12:42 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
It's only a rumor that Blake wants to go back to LA huh?. Samsonov's game is better in the East and I'm sure he'll go back. Peca would look good on the Stars second line...

Teams are really overpaying for free-agents right now, I'm glad the Stars aren't spending Tom Hicks money like the Rangers do .
Peca can stay in an Oilers uniform, thanks.

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 01:37 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Quote:

Shaddup.
I've never been a huge Blake fan to be honest, anyway. He's got a wicked shot and hipcheck, but the Avs have a lot of D anyway. They've got a couple of young guys too that will be ready soon. Johnny Boychuk should make the roster this year and he's a damn good d-man. I can't wait for hockey season to start back up again!!! Only 3 more months until preseason.

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 01:38 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof
Peca can stay in an Oilers uniform, thanks.
That's ok, because he's over rated anyway. He won't help the Oilers this year. Calgary and Vancouver will be the forces in the north west division...sadly....Minnesota may be too...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement