Anyone else hope the playoffs change to a 2-2-1-1-1 format? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
MFFL!

Anyone else hope the playoffs change to a 2-2-1-1-1 format?

I do! This is my last rant of the '05-'06 season, so.... Granted great teams should be able to overcome any scheduling disadvantages, I believe that the format should go to 2-2-1-1-1. There's been only 2 teams (this year's Heat included) to sweep the 3 in the 2-3-2 format. But when they do, I think that you no longer have the home court advantage. The team that sweeps the middle 3 has soooooooo much momentum at that point and it puts the pressure more on the home team. I don't think the lesser seeded team should play 3 in a row at home. If Dallas had come back home 2-2, then it may have been a different story. Anyway, what's done is done and I'm not whining...just would like to see a change in the future - because I think it's what's right. And the funny thing is...the NHL has that format, but there's a lot of people there that want to change to the 2-3-3. The grass is always greener.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 01:21 PM
Out

3-2-1-1 = badass times!!!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 01:47 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

The 2-3-2 format takes away the home court advantage from the better regular season team in that the games aren't evenly spread out like the 2-2-1-1-1 is. The better regular season team should have the advantage in both # of home games and how they are spread out.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 01:51 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn

It shouldn't matter either way. If the team with home court advantage wins both games at home, then they only have to really win 1 out of 3 on the road to feel comfortable. The Mavs just weren't the better team, no different spread would have helped.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 01:52 PM
Eagles>Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
It shouldn't matter either way. If the team with home court advantage wins both games at home, then they only have to really win 1 out of 3 on the road to feel comfortable. The Mavs just weren't the better team, no different spread would have helped.

Great post.

Stop the bitching already, the format is not what made the Mavs lose. They got beat, face the facts. They'll be back to try again next year.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 02:25 PM
Lifer

2-2-2-1

Funny that the Mavs HATERS put their .02 in. Frankly, I've always thought the Finals being different than the other playoff series was stupid. If you look at one of the pre-game-1 threads, I know I put that in there somewhere. Having three home games in a row is a tremendous advantage to any team in a four-game series, it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure that one out.

Mavs should have shut the door on Game 3, no excuses.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 04:31 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird
2-2-2-1

Funny that the Mavs HATERS put their .02 in. Frankly, I've always thought the Finals being different than the other playoff series was stupid. If you look at one of the pre-game-1 threads, I know I put that in there somewhere. Having three home games in a row is a tremendous advantage to any team in a four-game series, it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure that one out.

In your 2-2-2-1 format, would the non-home advantage team get game 7 at home?

You say having 3 in a row at home is a big advantage, but I think having the last 2 at home is a big advantage. If it goes more than 5 games, which any finals should, then the team with home advantage has a huge advantage having the last 2 at home. It doesn't matter how you cut it, it's the same either way.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 04:46 PM
Mavs Fan For Life!

I just want David "Adolf" Stern to change how long the NBA Finals takes. I think it takes too long to play a possible 7 games. I dont think teams need that long to make adjustments and such. I looked on NBA.com for the dates of the series and listed how I thought i might work best to not drag it out so long.

Game 1 - June 8 (Dallas) June 8
Game 2- June 11 (Dallas) June 9
Game 3 - June 13 (Miami) June 11
Game 4 - June 15 (Miami) --I propose-- June 13
Game 5 - June 18 (Miami) June 15
Game 6 - June 20 (Dallas) June 17
Game 7 - June 22?? June 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Gifs at Giftube.com
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 04:33 AM Thread Starter
MFFL!

Quote:
Funny that the Mavs HATERS put their .02 in.
exactly

Quote:
and exactly.

Now that that's out of the way, I still think it should be 2-2-1-1-1. They only reason they changed it in the first place was to accomodate media and make it easier to make travel arrangements. Who cares about the media? The players have it rougher.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement