Who Needs 8..... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
Very Interesting

Who Needs 8.....

Did Stern not get your memo about going to Game 7???

What happened conspiracy theorists?

I don't give a shit who you are, the Mavs blew this on their own 4 games ago. They fell apart at the wheels. I love me some Mavs, but Miami really out shined. Well WADE outshined.

But, I do hope Cuban puts together the THUG-O-TEAM for next year, to cause some havok on the courts!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 09:50 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Matt
Did Stern not get your memo about going to Game 7???

What happened conspiracy theorists?

I don't give a shit who you are, the Mavs blew this on their own 4 games ago. They fell apart at the wheels. I love me some Mavs, but Miami really out shined. Well WADE outshined.

But, I do hope Cuban puts together the THUG-O-TEAM for next year, to cause some havok on the courts!!!!
Wish I got NBA TV - I was not able to hear the press conferences afterwards. Would love to hear what anybody with the Mavs organization said.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
Very Interesting

Avery pretty much said they beat us and we blew it

Dirk said Wade is the shit

That's all I saw

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 10:36 AM
Musician for the deaf

Well after everyone started questioning the conspiracy angle, Stern called Cuban and had Cuban do his little dance to make it look like they hate each other. Then he made a call and told the fixers that it was not allowed to go to game 7 so that no one could blame it on a marketing effort. I heard that Cuban actually paid that reporter to ask a stupid question just so people would read his blog later on.

Its too bad, basketball used to be real, like wrestling, but now its all fixed, like boxing. Just wait until they start setting up poker championships the way they do golf. The world will be doomed.

At least we still have roller derby.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 11:22 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

If you don't think that there is something wrong with the officiating, like the worst refs in the league, according to the leagues own stats they collect about each individual ref during the coarse of the season, are allowed to officiated playoff games, let alone THE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES, I really feel sorry for you. Or that crews that are together ALL year, know how each other officiate, are seperated and new crews are created for the playoffs. That doesn't bother you?

You are not a sports fan. You do not expect the Best of the Best of Players, Officials, and a League? You are NOT a Sports Fan.

And I truley feel sorry for you.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
Very Interesting

There's no damn conspiracy... Sure things are fucked in the NBA

But there's no mega conspiracy to screw everyone over. The refs do suck, something does need to be done about it. But it's not rigged against the Mavs.

By far changes need to be made.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 11:32 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Matt
There's no damn conspiracy... Sure things are fucked in the NBA

But there's no mega conspiracy to screw everyone over. The refs do suck, something does need to be done about it. But it's not rigged against the Mavs.

By far changes need to be made.
I never said it was rigged against the Mavs. Or this "Cuban Lost it for us" BS. The only time I ever thought that a ref was against the Mavs was during the Nelly years because it was reported years ago that Crawford said he would never call a fair game that Don Nelson was a coach of. And he never did.

But there's a reason why the NBA has it so fucked up that the worst Refs of the year, again graded BY THE LEAGUE, in each series of all playoffs called games 3, 4, and sometimes 5. It's no coincidence.

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Last edited by Who Needs 8; 06-21-2006 at 11:43 AM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 12:05 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
Or that crews that are together ALL year, know how each other officiate, are seperated and new crews are created for the playoffs. That doesn't bother you?
it happens in hockey every year, and doesn't seem to make a difference. The NBA allows too much grey area as far as rules go and that should be changed. Refs are human and will make mistakes, but the NBA needs to look at who is reffing and implimant (sp?) more of a clear cut way off calling it. Doing that after the lock out in the NHL worked great, I don't see why it wouldn't in the NBA.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 12:09 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LannyN9NE
it happens in hockey every year, and doesn't seem to make a difference. The NBA allows too much grey area as far as rules go and that should be changed. Refs are human and will make mistakes, but the NBA needs to look at who is reffing and implimant (sp?) more of a clear cut way off calling it. Doing that after the lock out in the NHL worked great, I don't see why it wouldn't in the NBA.
And it's going to take an outside investigation and outcry by you, the fans inorder to do that.

Otherwise, your going to watch crap for the rest of your lives.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement