The refs f*cked the Mavs in game 3 - and the NBA admitted it... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
MFFL!

The refs f*cked the Mavs in game 3 - and the NBA admitted it...

And you have to watch Letterman tonight.

The NBA admitted that the Mavs should have had like 4 more seconds on the clock at the end of the game.

And Cuban is supposed to be on letterman tonight. You know how he donates a matching sum to charity when he gets fined. He stated to 'watch Letterman tonight, I've already picked out my next charity' or something similar to that affect. He also stated that the refs missed 8 calls in the final 3:18 of the game.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
MFFL!

http://www.blogmaverick.com/

Damn Officials !
Posted Jun 14, 2006, 4:37 PM ET
You would think the officials in miami would be able to get something so simple right. Wouldnt you ? How difficult is it to see what is or isnt right in front you ?

It amazes me that Miami Officials are telling everyone that they made me take down a Go Mavs Go banner from my boat parked out side the American Airlines Arena.

Well guess what guys.

I dont own a boat.

No Really…
Posted Jun 14, 2006, 6:48 PM ET
Watch Letterman tonight. I already have picked out my next charity to donate to…
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 07:10 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_marc

Damn Officials !
Posted Jun 14, 2006, 4:37 PM ET
You would think the officials in miami would be able to get something so simple right. Wouldnt you ? How difficult is it to see what is or isnt right in front you ?

It amazes me that Miami Officials are telling everyone that they made me take down a Go Mavs Go banner from my boat parked out side the American Airlines Arena.

Well guess what guys.

I dont own a boat.

No Really…
Posted Jun 14, 2006, 6:48 PM ET
Watch Letterman tonight. I already have picked out my next charity to donate to…
Sweet.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 09:21 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

LOL! This should be good. David Stern was on Rome Is Burning today and he said that Cuban had already contacted him about the game.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 09:32 PM
PAN

Looks like I'll be tivo-ing this one.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 10:25 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Eh, he didn't really talk that much about the game. He did get some good shots in on Donald Trump though!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 06:38 AM
SVT God

Where did the NBA admit they made a mistake? The NBA always seem to make up for mistakes they made the previous game by giving that team phantom calls or touch fouls in their favor. Yet Stern and the NBA say every game in the NBA is called the same and that goes for every player and team.

2010 Chevy Equinox
1998 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 - RC 3" lift, 31" Duratracs
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 07:32 AM Thread Starter
MFFL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinc_Stang
Where did the NBA admit they made a mistake? The NBA always seem to make up for mistakes they made the previous game by giving that team phantom calls or touch fouls in their favor. Yet Stern and the NBA say every game in the NBA is called the same and that goes for every player and team.
HERE'S the story on Dallas News.

The NBA didn't really **** Dallas, just admits that Dallas got screwed by the timing devices the refs were wearing that control the clocks.

NBA admits timing device malfunctioned

11:14 PM CDT on Wednesday, June 14, 2006
By CHUCK CARLTON / The Dallas Morning News

MIAMI – Two timing glitches allowed an extra 3.4 seconds to elapse late in Game 3 of the NBA Finals, the league acknowledged Wednesday.

One instance occurred with 45.3 seconds remaining, when 2.5 seconds ran off the clock on a foul against the Mavericks' Jason Terry. The second came with 4.3 seconds remaining, when 0.9 seconds ticked away after a foul by Udonis Haslem of the Heat.

"In both cases, the cause of the problem was a malfunction in the electronic device worn by one of the game officials, which is designed to automatically stop the clock when the referee's whistle is blown," NBA senior vice president Stu Jackson said in a statement. "The NBA will replace the defective equipment for subsequent games of the Finals."

Mavericks owner Mark Cuban said he considered the issue closed. "As far as the clock thing, it's over with," Cuban wrote in an e-mail.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 07:38 AM
Time Served

I know since the Mavs are in the finals all of you bandwagon and fairweather fans are hard up about fouls not being called and the like, but it's been going both ways. I mean, what has it really come to when we whine and bitch just because we didn't sweep? Get over yourselves, the better team always prevails, enough said. And like I've been saying, Mavs in 5!

'89 convertible with a few things done
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 08:00 AM
SVT God

Who the hell are the bandwagon fans? I have been watching Mav basketball (every game) since Cuban bought the team. Before that when I was younger I remember going to the games. I watched the damn team when you could actually get seats like 10-15 rows back from the floor, no one in the stands (like 10 seats empty around you). I remeber falling asleep in the stands during the games they were so bad.

Same with the Cowboys, my dad took me to all the games when they couldnt win a damn game. Now the prices are just so high.

2010 Chevy Equinox
1998 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 - RC 3" lift, 31" Duratracs
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 08:18 AM Thread Starter
MFFL!

Quote:
Who the hell are the bandwagon fans?
x2

I've been watching the Mavs since the '84-'85 season. If anything, that gives me a right to bitch even more, although I don't usually take full advantage of that right. That certainly doesn't make me fairweather.

I wasn't bitching when I created this thread - I created it for informational purposes only. So F*CK all you people calling me a fairweather fan. Some of your names I don't really recognize. So I'm calling you a bandwagoner. Jumping on with the 1 or 2 people who were calling Mavs fans fairweather early on. Since once or 2 people can do it, you can all do it because it makes you look cool.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
MFFL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Eh, he didn't really talk that much about the game. He did get some good shots in on Donald Trump though!
Yeah, I don't think he said anything that will get him fined. Him bagging on Trump was funny.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 11:34 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

I'm neither a Bandwagoner, or a Basketball fan. I'm just a Hometown Homer.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
MFFL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
I'm neither a Bandwagoner, or a Basketball fan. I'm just a Hometown Homer.
I didn't figure it'd be too long before you posted in this thread. I'm just surprised you didn't mention the conspiracy plot.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 02:50 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Who the hell are the bandwagon fans? I have been watching Mav basketball (every game) since Cuban bought the team. Before that when I was younger I remember going to the games. I watched the damn team when you could actually get seats like 10-15 rows back from the floor, no one in the stands (like 10 seats empty around you). I remeber falling asleep in the stands during the games they were so bad.

Same with the Cowboys, my dad took me to all the games when they couldnt win a damn game. Now the prices are just so high.
you could be, and Im not doubting that but for every fan like you there are a hundred "loyal" mavs fans once they reached the Conference Finals.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 05:02 PM
Lifer

Quote:

Well guess what guys.

I dont own a boat.

Not that I care but I read he rented the boat.

93 Coupe MM&FF "The Real Turbo Coupe"
2005 C6 Corvette
2008 Wakesetter LSV
2001 Ford F250 CC 4x4 w/ 2005 Conversion, 6" Icon Spring Lift , 20" XD diesel wheels sitting on 37 in Toyo's, Tony Wildman 6 Position Tuner, 4 inch exhaust, wicked wheel -just your average toy hauler.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 10:12 PM
PC HATER!!

Quote:
And you have to watch Letterman tonight.

The NBA admitted that the Mavs should have had like 4 more seconds on the clock at the end of the game.

And Cuban is supposed to be on letterman tonight. You know how he donates a matching sum to charity when he gets fined. He stated to 'watch Letterman tonight, I've already picked out my next charity' or something similar to that affect. He also stated that the refs missed 8 calls in the final 3:18 of the game.
more mavs EXCUSES!!! will it ever end???

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get.
-forrest gump

[IMG]
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 10:13 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasstars281
atleast they come up with an excuse, as i believe you still owe a couple of people money......
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 10:27 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
pay your bets yet ace?
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
MFFL!

Quote:
And you're a jackass. That wasn't mine or the Mavs excuse. The NBA admitted it. Now go pay your bets!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement