Refs did a good job of extending the series for 5 games. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Refs did a good job of extending the series for 5 games.

Funny how wade has 5 fouls for 9 minutes. And when Miami made that great "run" to come from behind they got every touch foul imaginable while dirk, terry, howard, and stackhouse were POUNDED on the offensive end and Miami got away with it.

Ahhh the NBA is rigged, there is not a single Heat fan out there that can honestly tell me they earned the game all on their own.

2003 10th Anniversary Torch Red SVT. "Bolt Ons"

1992 GT Convertable. All show No go
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 10:40 PM
Time Served

i completely fucking agree those last 4 minutes were complete bullshit fuck the NBA and fuck those refs

2005 Sonic Blue 3D Carbon Stang
post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 10:42 PM
Resident Epicurean

I agree, but posting what you did gives the pissed off Spurs and Suns fans something to bitch about.

post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 10:42 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Why am I not surprised that Mav's fans are blaming the ref's?

And people ask me why I root against the mav's.
post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 10:42 PM
Time Served

Y'all are right, 'cuase those refs made us miss nearly every shot we took during the last several minutes of the game. The Heat went on a 22-7 run, plain and simple.

1992 LX Coupe - just a few bolt-ons.
post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 10:44 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_92_Notch
Y'all are right, 'cuase those refs made us miss nearly every shot we took during the last several minutes of the game. The Heat went on a 22-7 run, plain and simple.

true but they got 6 points from O rebounds when shaq and walker pushed mavs out of the way with no call.
post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 10:45 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Let's forget about the phantom foul on Dirk in the 3rd that led to 2 easy points for him. Nope, all calls were completely one sided. Then the evil ref's wanting that game 5 used the jedi mind trick to make Dirk miss that clutch free throw. Brilliant!
post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 10:48 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood

See what I mean 3DCarbon & DHG Bullitt? ALL non Mavs fans, bitch because Mavs fans have a tendency to cry foul, when a game is poorly officiated. The fact that the game really WAS poorly officiated has no bearing on the situation. But as TX_92_notch said, the refs weren't the ones that went on that last run. The Heat did, and that is why we lost. If the officiating had been a little better, it might have come out differently.

BUT, if the Mavs had shown up and played with the effort we are used to seeing, the game never would have been that close in the first place.
post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 10:54 PM
Time Served

Quote:

I'm a huge Mavs fan and I won't blame it on the refs. We gave it up those last 4 minutes, despite any fouls that were or were not called. We were giving Wade wide open looks at the basket. I don't care if he's not known for his jump shot, it's the finals, they're at home and he's a star player, those shots are gonna fall. We are by far the better team and we just need to execute better towards the end. Mavs in 5!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHG BULLIT
Ahhh the NBA is rigged, there is not a single Heat fan out there that can honestly tell me they earned the game all on their own.
b.s. they didn't earn it, they were hitting their shots and we were missing ours. When Dirk is shooting +90% from the line and misses one towards the end, come on. We didn't do anything but shoot ourselves in the foot.

'89 convertible with a few things done
post #10 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 10:57 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn

On the way home from watching the game, I thought to myself "I bet there's a thread about how the officials blew the game / there's an NBA conspiracy theory". Thanks for not letting me down!

post #11 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 10:57 PM
Time Served

Dont worry boys, now we can maybe win it on our homecourt. We will eb fine
post #12 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 10:59 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.8 STANG
Dont worry boys, now we can maybe win it on our homecourt. We will eb fine

We have to lose one more there, to win at home. If we win the next two, we are done before coming back to Dallas. Series is 2-3-2
post #13 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

The Mavs fucked up...they could've drained a couple easy looks that still would've given us a 4 point or 6 point victory.

BUT...its kind of hard to keep momentum going your way when your superstar is being slapped picked poked hit and molested everytime he touches the ball with in the last 3-4 mins of the game...that is usually when Dirk goes to work, one touch foul is all it would've taken to let the heat players know they weren't gonna put up with any bull, but they just let them play, and there is not much you can do when you're being slaughtered by arms and hands from the opposing team.

2003 10th Anniversary Torch Red SVT. "Bolt Ons"

1992 GT Convertable. All show No go
post #14 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 11:13 PM
Lifer

yup you guys are right. The NBA, U.S. Government, France, east coast, God, Allah, ect ect are all against the Dallas Mavs. Hell I bet the 2nd shooter from the grassy knoll was pulling some strings to help Miami win.
post #15 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 11:16 PM
Time Served

Come on DHG, you know that's part of the game, especially when we're coming into Miami with a 2 game lead. Not saying that they were trying to screw us, but it is Miami at home, that same shit could be said by them when we were playing at home.

'89 convertible with a few things done
post #16 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 11:39 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
Let's forget about the phantom foul on Dirk in the 3rd that led to 2 easy points for him. Nope, all calls were completely one sided. Then the evil ref's wanting that game 5 used the jedi mind trick to make Dirk miss that clutch free throw. Brilliant!

I agree, that was a bad call, but that still puts dallas up 2 at the end with those calls being made.
post #17 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 11:39 PM
Lifer

K....the reach in by Wade on Terry with 2x left at midcourt where he hit Terry's entire body wasn't a foul???? That wouldn't have anything to do with the fact Wade had 5 did it....good no call ref

The NBA did not want the Mavs to win tonight because they know it would be over on Thur and their bankroll would be done.......it will go to 6, and I'll be there to see it.

I predicted all along that we'd lose game 3, take game 4 after adjustments and lose game 5. We then clinch it in Game 6 on our home court.

Just a theory, but I haven't been wrong on a series yet.

--wes
post #18 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 12:20 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesman
K....the reach in by Wade on Terry with 2x left at midcourt where he hit Terry's entire body wasn't a foul???? That wouldn't have anything to do with the fact Wade had 5 did it....good no call ref
or perhaps the ref just missed it? or from the angel they have it didnt look as bad? all this the refs/nba want team a to win a certian game to extend it is as bad as the 80% of people who claim to be mavs fans but didnt give a shit 3 weeks ago. the nba is banking off it no matter what because the networks paid a certain amount to televise the games.
post #19 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 12:26 AM
On a downward spiral

Location: in the land of the crazy and the wicked; a place far far away from reality; in a distant galaxy with demonic beings, a place only known as: crooked I
come on now, in the last quarter three questionable fouls against the mavs were b.s. also i find it funny how the heat played like shit for three quarters and all of a sudden at the last theyre making most of their shots and most of their foul shots.....on a final note...wtf were the mavs thinking going for the rebound/assist throw....they were better off trying for the 3....that was a stupid call....in conclusion it will be 4-2 with the mavs winning. thank you and good drunken night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof
Hopefully this storm will blow idrivea4banger's sig the fuck away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000
Someone who is able, needs to put the cock block on his ridiculous sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter
and your sig causes distress in 74% of board members and 98% of migratory birds
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED32V
No, your sig sucks like a whitegirl trying to get a promotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
my excuse is i dont give a fuck...
post #20 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 01:46 AM
Time Served

i bet you guys didnt catch the travel by gary for the game winner

i dont proof read my post so fu
post #21 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 05:54 AM
MFFL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrivea4banger
wtf were the mavs thinking going for the rebound/assist throw....they were better off trying for the 3....that was a stupid call--.
You mean the alley-oop at the end?
post #22 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 06:07 AM
Worship me

It's no coincidence that every series goes to a game 6 or game 7. It's all about money.
post #23 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 06:09 AM
African Booty Scratcher

hey, none of ya'll twist an ankle jumping off that fucking bandwagon.

god bless.

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
post #24 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 06:36 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

LMAO!

Mavs win... MAVS ARE GREAT! NOWITZNESS!

Mavs lose... REFS, LET THEM FUCKING PLAY! GREAT JOB AS 6TH MAN FOR MIAMI!
post #25 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 11:59 AM
Fear the Stashe

Special stars get special treatments...
Just like how Wade tripped Terry in the late 4th QT and they go on to score 2 points to change momentum...

It would have been Wades 6th foul and the game would have been over with if Wade wasnt on the court to make that brutal shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
post #26 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 12:02 PM
Very Interesting

no matter what, the refs really let them play the 4th quarter, without a whole lot of BS calls. FOR EITHER TEAM.

The MAVS stunk it up last night. I mean really, where was their game? Why didn't they try to set the pace of the game. They know they can't win playing Miami's game. So don't even try. Run the court, wear Shaq's big ass out. And when you get up, STAY UP. Stop letting go, like it's in the bag with 8 minutes left. FUCK
post #27 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 12:19 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky
Special stars get special treatments...
Just like how Wade tripped Terry in the late 4th QT and they go on to score 2 points to change momentum...

It would have been Wades 6th foul and the game would have been over with if Wade wasnt on the court to make that brutal shot.

Glad I wasn't the only one that saw the cross body block that was very evident.

That should have been a foul, should have been 2 free throws, should have been Dwayne Wades 6th

--wes
post #28 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 01:53 PM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesman
Glad I wasn't the only one that saw the cross body block that was very evident.

That should have been a foul, should have been 2 free throws, should have been Dwayne Wades 6th

--wes
im sure the whole world saw it..pissed me off..but what can we do about it?

If Wade was fouled out, im pretty sure momentum would have swang full throttle to the Mavs, but Im actually not worried us about losing this series...

Coulda Shoulda Woulda, WE WILL WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
post #29 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 02:05 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn

Ya'll are the biggest bunch of crybabies on this board. How about giving Miami some credit saying they finally hit some shots when they needed it most? Or maybe say Dallas went away from their gameplan of driving to the hoop, and started settling for jumpshots? Either way, the refs didn't blow the game for the Mavs, so stop bitching.

post #30 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 02:13 PM
Lifer

I have been saying the NBA playoffs are rigged since i was a young lad....back when Jordan and the Bulls always seem to go to 6 or 7 even though they only lose a total of 10-15 games the entire season...its going to GO 6 and MAVS will win it at home.....dont be suprised if the Mavs get blown out in game 5.....then win it at home.

Cowboys to the Super Bowl!!!!!
post #31 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 02:13 PM
Lifer

I have been saying the NBA playoffs are rigged since i was a young lad....back when Jordan and the Bulls always seem to go to 6 or 7 even though they only lose a total of 10-15 games the entire season...its going to GO 6 and MAVS will win it at home.....dont be suprised if the Mavs get blown out in game 5.....then win it at home.

Cowboys to the Super Bowl!!!!!
post #32 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 03:42 PM
BOOMER SOONER!

Mavs went from ramming it down Miami's throat to let's play keep away & settle for 20 footers. Just like the Dallas Cowboys they get conservative when ahead, need to keep the pressure on em until the clock hits zero.
post #33 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 03:47 PM
Saint's heart sinner skin

What about Shaq hitting both free throw attempts late in the game . I nearly pissed myself . But yes, I did see a lot of non-calls on Miami. Dwayne Wade should have been out of the game. WTF am I doing agreeing with Dallas fans .
post #34 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 04:01 PM
SVT God

Yep you new the Heat were gonna get a game with all the calls. Did anyone see the Heats coach press conference after the game? He basically said the basketball gods were with them. I call it luck, just look at all the things that had to take place in order to pull out a 2pt win on the home court.

2010 Chevy Equinox
1998 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 - RC 3" lift, 31" Duratracs
post #35 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 04:04 PM
Check out my decor!

Won't be on ftill Monday!

Go Mavs!

http://www.myspace.com/missgirl01

Happiness is not a goal, but a way of life.

post #36 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 05:12 PM
dead

some of you people are fucking retarded. if you were heat fans you would probably blame the game on the calls the other way. IMO this and the last 3 games were called very well as opposed to the SA series.

its a loss and it happens. the mavericks arent untouchable, but of course if you wouldnt know that since you dont know shit about basketball. the mavericks played loose basketball in the 4th quarter and miami stepped it up while wade exploded. wade didnt foul out cause he didnt foul.

hollywood is right about you fairweather bandwagon fans.

the mavericks will win because the mavericks are a better team. sit back and enjoy a relatively good nba finals.
post #37 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 05:15 PM
lol, this place sucks now

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo stallion
some of you people are fucking retarded. if you were heat fans you would probably blame the game on the calls the other way. IMO this and the last 3 games were called very well as opposed to the SA series.

its a loss and it happens. the mavericks arent untouchable, but of course if you wouldnt know that since you dont know shit about basketball. the mavericks played loose basketball in the 4th quarter and miami stepped it up while wade exploded. wade didnt foul out cause he didnt foul.

hollywood is right about you fairweather bandwagon fans.

the mavericks will win because the mavericks are a better team. sit back and enjoy a relatively good nba finals.
did the refs put you up to this? Has Gatorade or Hanes gotten to you too? How deep are your pockets? I have questions.
post #38 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 05:21 PM
dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockwrkOrangeS4
did the refs put you up to this? Has Gatorade or Hanes gotten to you too? How deep are your pockets? I have questions.

lol, after seeing game 1, i expected game 2 to be slanted in favor of miami as the trend was set from the the prior 2 series. i didnt see anything like that and thought it was good officiating.

game 3 had a few moments, but nothing that would change the outcome of a game.
post #39 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 05:44 PM
!!!SLLAB YM KCUS

my .50

I think the Mavs arent playing good in this series at all. That isnt a bad thing though because they are still winning against the Heat. If they were playing like they were in the San Antoinio series or Phoenix it would have ben a cake walk from the start and sweep the series. I mean they played like shit and only lost by 2 points. I say thats the last game the Heat will win. Could be wrong just my .50..
post #40 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 06:33 PM
gear jammer

I am not gonna bitch about the refs.There were phantom calls and blatant pushoffs on both ends.

The Mavs destroy themselves when they jump out to big leads and then go into a halfcourt game on the offensive end to try to run the clock down.It leads to shitty shots or 24 second violations.They need to keep running what got them here so far which is pushing the ball,isolation plays, and pick and rolls.
post #41 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 09:34 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockwrkOrangeS4

Isn't it obvious? David Stern obviously paid him off to try and get the heat (pun intended) off them since the Mav fans are wise to the game. The jig is up!!!!!!!!
post #42 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 09:38 PM
dead

Quote:
Isn't it obvious? David Stern obviously paid him off to try and get the heat (pun intended) off them since the Mav fans are wise to the game. The jig is up!!!!!!!!

damn it! i've been a rogue operative installed on dfwstangs since 2002 all for this very moment and i've finally been made.

you havent seen the last of me!! new alias and new ip time!
post #43 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 10:25 PM
Saint's heart sinner skin

Quote:
sit back and enjoy a relatively good nba finals.
Eh. I wouldn't really agree on that. It's pretty lopsided even with the Mavs playing down to the Heat's level. Mavs let the Heat win this last game, even with bad officiating it was theirs to lose. Why do the Conference finals almost always end up better than the big show?
post #44 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 06:33 AM
SVT God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky
I am not gonna bitch about the refs.There were phantom calls and blatant pushoffs on both ends.

The Mavs destroy themselves when they jump out to big leads and then go into a halfcourt game on the offensive end to try to run the clock down.It leads to shitty shots or 24 second violations.They need to keep running what got them here so far which is pushing the ball,isolation plays, and pick and rolls.
I agree with that they get the lead and change their game to slowing down and trying to run out the clock. Next thing you know the other team scores and are right back in it. I also agree that they are playing terrible this series, esp Dirk early. He and Jet need to go off from start to finish.

2010 Chevy Equinox
post #45 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 06:37 AM
R.E.N.G.

my only ref-related complaint is the bucket that they said Van Horn tipped in when the foul was called, he clearly didn't touch the ball and the basket should have counted. It never should have made come into play, but how different would the end of the game play out if Dallas had those 2 points?
post #46 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 06:41 AM
SVT God

How different would the game have been if they didnt call a foul at the end of the game when clearly Howard stripped the ball away from Shaq as he was going up. He made those free throws too.

Or every time the Mavs got really hot on a streak only to have the refs call a phantom foul on Dallas away from the play to stop their surge.

2010 Chevy Equinox
post #47 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 06:41 AM
Eagles>Cowboys

You Mavs fans are fucking killing me. Why does every team bitch about something when they lose? Every game in the NBA, EVERY GAME, has bad calls here and there. No Heat fans bitched on questionable calls when they lost game 1 or 2. Get the fuck over it, the series is still 2-1, Mavs will most likely win the series without any trouble.

Fact is even with a 13 point lead in the 4th and a few "No calls" you had your "Superstar" at the line to tie the game and he CHOKED. Despite all the so called problems the Mavs faced they were still in the game. They let the game slip away, not get taken from them. Man up and face the music, it's only one loss. And if you blame anyone, blame Dirk for missing a free throw for the money.

If Wade and Shaq play better than that, Mavs are in trouble, but I don't see that happening honestly.

post #48 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 07:40 AM
MFFL!

Quote:
game 3 had a few moments, but nothing that would change the outcome of a game.
Well, you're just flat wrong. Just because they didn't call the foul on Wade doesn't mean he didn't foul. And it sure as hell would have changed the game had Wade fouled out.

And I'm not fairweather. I personally want to the see the Mavs win tonight and then cough it up in game 5 and then win game 6. As dominant as I want Dallas to be, I want them to win this on their home court, in front of their fans.
post #49 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 07:44 AM
MFFL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod66stang
Why do the Conference finals almost always end up better than the big show?
My theory is because the teams know each other better. Like Dallas, S.A...they played 5 times this year and knew each other in and out. Same for the Suns. However, we only played the Heat twice. You develop good rivalries in your own conference and I think it's harder to win those series.
post #50 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 07:52 AM
MFFL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecobra95
You Mavs fans are fucking killing me. Why does every team bitch about something when they lose? Every game in the NBA, EVERY GAME, has bad calls here and there. No Heat fans bitched on questionable calls when they lost game 1 or 2. Get the fuck over it, the series is still 2-1, Mavs will most likely win the series without any trouble.
Actually, it's not every game...only the close ones...which Dallas has happed to play a LOT of in the playoffs this year. Obviously if a team gets blown out by 20, the refs had nothing to do with it - even though there probably were a few bad calls along the way. But with so much riding on the line in a 1 or 2 or 3 point game - which Dallas has played like 8 of so far this post-season - calls become more critical. I'm not worried about it because I believe the better team will win the series. But it does irk me that it's something that the whole damn world can see on TV, but the ref only 5 feet from where it happened can't. And it wasn't a ticky tac foul like some have been, but Wade clearly fouled Terry on th play everyone is talking about. You know it and I know it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement