UFC/TUF III Fans - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 06:12 AM Thread Starter
I drive a fookin Honda

UFC/TUF III Fans

Just wanted to pass along some info for those that are not aware. Spike will be airing the final 2 epsiodes of TUF III THIS Thursday. Here is a link w/more info:

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...2206&zoneid=16

BTW, anyone have any picks for the finals? My original choice was Bisping for the finals and to win the whole show. Didn't know much at all about any of the other fighters but I think Kendell will likely face Ed in the finals. That fight will be a good one IMO and I think Kendell will win at 185.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 08:14 AM
SVT God

I think Ed might get beat. At least I hope so.

2010 Chevy Equinox
1998 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 - RC 3" lift, 31" Duratracs
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 08:22 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinc_Stang
I think Ed might get beat. At least I hope so.

X2 but I hope he gets his stupid a__ knocked out.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 11:55 AM
Banned

I dont like ed or kendell really, but I guess if I had to choose I would choose kendell... of course ed still has to have his semi final fight. Personally I was really looking forward to seeing Matt win for the 205's was very disappointing to see him quit.

In whole season 3 started out soooooooo much better than 1 or 2, but now it is seeming alot like season 2, a house full of quitters and pussies that want to be professional fighters but are too scared to try! The worst part about season 3 of solomon! that damn black bastard with his annoying missing tooth and his constant "team dagger team dagger team dagger" he dont know shot about teams or daggers, all his ass knows is how to talk meggggga shit on national tv and then get made a huge fool of! Anybody remember before his fight? He said he was gonna knock his opponent out, and he was gonna stand over his opponent and say "see those lil stars and birdies flying around there? those aint real! your ass got knocked out" then what happened... he got caught with a sloppy ass kick to the dome and got knocked into next week. he woke up saying "what happened... where am i,...... who won?" LOL
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 01:46 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
I've given up on TUF I think. At first it was a sausagefest with all the gay contests like wrestling to pull the others socks off. Now it's just crybabies that quit.

Tito and Ken just need to get it over with. That's the ONLY reason it's worth watching at the moment - the train wreck factor. Just hoping that Ortiz and Shamrock will collide at any moment.

Check this out - http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...2009&zoneid=14
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 01:56 PM
KJ94GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
I thought TUF was for unsigned fighters. Most of those guys have already fought, or are fighting, in the UFC.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 01:59 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ94GT
I thought TUF was for unsigned fighters. Most of those guys have already fought, or are fighting, in the UFC.
That's what I thought too. Only thing I can think of is maybe these fighters are on the"bubble" of losing their contracts and Dana White is sick of dealing with crybabies. So maybe going with half proven fighters and give them something to shoot for in a desperate move to save face on what has become of TUF.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 06:23 PM
Your Daddy

I'm really looking forward to next season's. So far season 1 was the best. (talent wise). Last season sucked and this season is descent. At least there are no more silly challenges. The only way to advance is to actually fight. That's the way it should be. That way all of the better fighters are left for the main event. Last year was a flop since Rashad is a bore and Joe got his ass beat. They definitely need this years winners to do good.
I think the way they will do next season is the winner of each division will get a championship bout in their division.
It's cool to see some old school ufc guys on there (Keith Hackney and Mikey Burnett).
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 09:40 PM
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced89lx
I'm really looking forward to next season's. So far season 1 was the best. (talent wise). Last season sucked and this season is descent. At least there are no more silly challenges. The only way to advance is to actually fight. That's the way it should be. That way all of the better fighters are left for the main event. Last year was a flop since Rashad is a bore and Joe got his ass beat. They definitely need this years winners to do good.
I think the way they will do next season is the winner of each division will get a championship bout in their division.
It's cool to see some old school ufc guys on there (Keith Hackney and Mikey Burnett).

Wow, that does look like a good line up for TUF4. I wonder if Rivera is going to smack talk Lutter since he TKO'd him. Hopefully Travis can get some payback.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 06:00 AM Thread Starter
I drive a fookin Honda

*Edit*

I'm retarded.

Last edited by Matt93Cobra; 06-13-2006 at 10:00 AM.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 09:24 AM
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
That's what I thought too. Only thing I can think of is maybe these fighters are on the"bubble" of losing their contracts and Dana White is sick of dealing with crybabies. So maybe going with half proven fighters and give them something to shoot for in a desperate move to save face on what has become of TUF.
They changed TUF 4 to be all about fighters who seem to have lost their shine. Dana said it was a comeback show instead of a rising star show.

Buying dogs kills.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 11:14 AM
Banned

Personally I think the first thing that should be changed for TUF4 is mr rich bitch dana white needs to buy another house.... have 1 team in 1 house and the other team in the other house,.,, these guys meet the first show,.,,, then dont see eachother again until right night. In season 1 and 2 we saw alot of fights that werent nearly as good as they could have been because these guys made friends with their opponents, if they want it bad enough they need to have that inner rage come out and power them thru the match... and tho some people can do it, for most its hard to have that inner rage come to life against a friend (unless he fucked your wife or something) just my opinion.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 10:35 PM
We lost one.....

Who won in tonites second episode. I only had the 1st episode scheduled for the dvr to record.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 10:55 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mychael101
Who won in tonites second episode. I only had the 1st episode scheduled for the dvr to record.

mike beat ross
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 02:15 AM
We lost one.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
mike beat ross
damnit, I was pulling for Ross too.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 03:06 AM
Banned

so finals on the 24th are

ed vs kendall & Michael vs josh

i gotta go with kendall & Michael

I think ed might be a better fighter all around than kendall.. but i just dislike that red haired bubble-bath taking "whaa tito didnt pick me" belly aching pussy so much. Kendall deffinately shows there is some potential there for the future, he might be one of these guys that we will see in the not too far off future fighting in the 205's

as for the 205's Bisping has shown hes got what it takes, maybe not to dominate in the ufc, but deffinately what it takes to beath josh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement